Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I not a proper Leeds fan because I live in Basingstoke? :(

Depends if you are from Leeds. It's where you are born that determines if you are a true fan :brock:

If you're not from the city of the team you support, you're nothing more than a plastic fan at best :D

Depends if you are from Leeds. It's where you are born that determines if you are a true fan :brock:

If you're not from the city of the team you support, you're nothing more than a plastic fan at best :D

My dad was from Leeds, so inherited it from him. I started supporting Leeds during our first season in the championship, and I usually go to 2-3 games a season. Got a membership this season so should end up going to 4-5 away games and maybe 1-2 home games in February/April.

I don't care if you think I'm a plastic fan :(. I'm not, I know I'm not...

Ok it has now been 4 weeks since the house guest moved in, although we did say she could stay with us when she came over from London. She is driving me and the wife crazy. I'd like people’s opinions on the following.

1) If you move from the UK, London specifically, to Australia, Brisbane in this case, surely you would try and see the sights? I.E the Gold coast, the sunshine coast and the sights within Brisbane itself? Or at the very least go to a beach, something I know is virtually impossible in September in the UK.

2) Surely you would save up more than 3 weeks worth of money before you start to worry about money?

3) If you are a qualified nurse in London and know of work in Aus, as a nurse, then surely you would sort the paperwork out before coming to Aus to be registered in Aus? Especially if you can guarantee a 4 year visa if you get nurse work.

4)Even with all of the above surely you can understand that a newly married couple, albeit one who have been together for 13 years, needs some time to themselves in their own home. Not deciding to spend every waking minute in the house and asking the couple what we are doing as a threesome, please no innuendoes, every day.

Obviously all 4 questions are directed to what the house guest has done. I just find it bizarre that someone who is a qualified nurse and 30 years old can be this unorganized. Is that just me?

I never realized that having a house guest could be so stressful.

Not sure whether to go out or not. It seems a good idea considering it'll be the last Saturday I'll have free for a month most probably. But I am tired and the base of my left foot at my heel is hurting and I am not sure why.

Got out. You're only young once.

I went out for a swift pint or two with my old work team earlier. Tomorrow is a big one; West Brom game then off to Newcastle for a mates thirtieth birthday bash. I anticipate waking up in a pool of vomit on Sunday morning.

I'm currently watching the Tottenham vs Chelsea game. I have to say that Spurs look good.

On another note i hope that Townsend learns from the card he got for simulation. I'll be honest i thought he actually got his feet a bit tangled initially but after watching the replay it was a clear dive. I pray he doesn’t go down the Ashley Young path and falls over every time somebody looks at him the wrong way.

Also the commentator has just stated that Torres has only scored 1 goal in the last 23 league matches, not sure how true that statement is, surely he has to go down as the most expensive flop of all time?

I'm currently watching the Tottenham vs Chelsea game. I have to say that Spurs look good.

On another note i hope that Townsend learns from the card he got for simulation. I'll be honest i thought he actually got his feet a bit tangled initially but after watching the replay it was a clear dive. I pray he doesn’t go down the Ashley Young path and falls over every time somebody looks at him the wrong way.

Also the commentator has just stated that Torres has only scored 1 goal in the last 23 league matches, not sure how true that statement is, surely he has to go down as the most expensive flop of all time?

It's possible he got 1 in his last 23 as he only got 8 in the league last season in 36 games. But he scored 22 in total last season, so hardly a flop. He's also won the Euro's, Champs League in his time at Chelsea. If that makes him a flop then every player bar an handful in the EPL must be a flop.

It's possible he got 1 in his last 23 as he only got 8 in the league last season in 36 games. But he scored 22 in total last season, so hardly a flop. He's also won the Euro's, Champs League in his time at Chelsea. If that makes him a flop then every player bar an handful in the EPL must be a flop.

He scored 22 last season in how many games? Didn’t Benteke score around that many without Champs league/Europa league figures to back it up and with a vastly inferior team? Also how many of those goals were against so called weaker opposition, especially in the Europa league?

As regards to your comment of him winning a champs league or euro league medal. Paul Lambert also won one of them and I would hardly call him a world beater (although I am biased being a Rangers fan :-))

You have still got to admit he has nowhere near justified his £50 mill price tag. Especially as if you say he has only scored 8 in the last 36 league games. Maybe my comment of flop was slightly, and I reckon only very slightly, harsh but he is still nowhere near delivering what a £50 mill striker should.

EDIT: Although i could be eating humble pie as he was very good tonight, despite being sent off & not scoring.

I Can't believe that Man U lost to West Brom. I watched the 1st half before going to bed and thought West Brom were good but Man U would probably snatch a 1-0 win. I bet Moyes is thanking the foorball gods that Villa won & Chelsea & Spurs drew. Que the papers headlines that Man U are in crisis again, i don't think they are but they do need to start winning games like this one.

Sick of reading things, whether it be in the paper or on the internet blaming Moyes for yesterday. With some people he was always doomed to fail.

Certainly agree with you there.

The funniest thing is people actually blaming him for our transfer dealings, (or lack of), over the summer. I reckon some people think it's like Football Manager where the manager actually deals with transfers down to the extent of contract negotiations. Foolish people.

Certainly agree with you there.

The funniest thing is people actually blaming him for our transfer dealings, (or lack of), over the summer. I reckon some people think it's like Football Manager where the manager actually deals with transfers down to the extent of contract negotiations. Foolish people.

A certain someone who used to post in this thread posted this a while back on twitter;

Can't believe Moyes didn't offer Thiago more money to sign....

Doesn't matter who the current Utd manager was they'd still be getting stick because its not Sir Alex. It's a big job to fill and will take atleast a season for him to find his feet and know his squad.

I can't imagine anyone with sense would think United would be favourites for anything this season really. Surely the expectancy would be a year or two of mediocrity (by United's terms) before they push on.

There's a lot that United need to do. People perhaps now are beginning to realise just how significant the "Ferguson Factor" was - he made the whole greater than the sum of its' parts.

They have a squad with some ageing players whose form is declining (Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs now on the periphery, and a few whose injury/illness records must be a concern (Fletcher, Vidic).

There are a few inconsistent players in key positions too (Nani, Valencia, Young). I think they need a good season or two to build a squad in Moyes' image, and they'll hope to qualify for Europe in that transitional spell and maybe nick a cup on the way.

I actually feel completely fine, (the odd stomach pain aside). Just keep ******* out my arse. :D

It's the top end that bothers me most - I hate puking.

I've only ever barfed through too much booze about 3 or 4 times in my life. I dislike puking so much that I quickly found my limits when I was younger (a white wine spritzer and half a lager shandy).

I had lower end food poisoning a year or two ago. I'd been cooped up indoors for a day spraying stuff everywhere, and the next day I'd firmed up enough to feel sufficiently confident to go for a breath of fresh air in the park.

**** myself about a mile from home. That was awkward, my wife thought it was hysterical watching me waddle home.