Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post in here much (well, anywhere really) but ****ing hell. Basically what the others have said. If you don't like it then don't tell these guys the details of your life.

--

Anyway, I've just spent the last six weeks of my life on the west coast of North America. Cabo - San Francisco - Seattle - Lake Tahoe to be precise. Tomorrow I fly home and on Wednesday I go back to uni, and I feel ****. I've literally had the most amazing time here and Seattle and Tahoe are probably the two highlights for me. Seattle was amazing just because I got to see the Sounders take on the Portland Timbers and Tahoe is just beautiful.

Back to reality I guess.

Jeez NF i think you may be overreacting just a tad.

I was out at my brother in laws birthday bash yesterday, which was of course in a pub, and got pretty driunk. I am currently rewatching all the football matches i drunkenly watched last night as i can't remeber any bar the Everton vs Chelsea game.

Considering he lives in Australia there is a slight possibility. Melbourne is about 9 hours in front and I can't quite remember where fuzzrab lives but I think it's a few hours in front of Melbourne. I went out last night. Went to the Forest game after work, then went out with some of the Morrisons lot. Forest should have won by more tbh. We just didn't take our chances.

Considering he lives in Australia there is a slight possibility. Melbourne is about 9 hours in front and I can't quite remember where fuzzrab lives but I think it's a few hours in front of Melbourne. I went out last night. Went to the Forest game after work, then went out with some of the Morrisons lot. Forest should have won by more tbh. We just didn't take our chances.

tbf I was wondering why someone was posting at 6.30am after a heavy night out :D.

The thing is, they're effective and Big Sam knows what he's doing.

They were woeful today, and I read that they've had just six shots on target so far this season.

Can't remember who their #20 and #21 were, but they were big units.

Luke Shaw looks decent. Bit early for him to get a "big move" but it's easy to see that he has a bright future.

Can't remember who their #20 and #21 were, but they were big units.

Guy Demel and Mohamed Diame respectively. Diame has a £3.5m release clause to apparently. Really wish we went in for him because we could use a powerhouse type midfielder.

Guy Demel and Mohamed Diame respectively. Diame has a £3.5m release clause to apparently. Really wish we went in for him because we could use a powerhouse type midfielder.

How frigging hard is it to know the difference between "to" and "too"? For crying out loud you're heading into teaching. Woeful. :D

On the Diame note, I think the clause is gone now as he signed a new deal in January.

In all fairness I'm quite astonished that anyone in their mid twenties don't know the difference between "to" and "too". PE teacher or not.

I know the difference. I just don't put it into effect when typing.

Another observation from the Saints game: there are some big, tattooed mo' fo' women who go to watch Saints.

I simultaneously blushed at their language and vomited at their appearance. Fortunately I couldn't smell them, but I know for a fact it would have been a combination of fags, steak pie and egg.

I'll stick to going to London in future, the women are generally tidier, and the football better. Going to try and see Spurs when the new guys have settled.

Sure you aren't still drunk :brock:.

yes, yes i was. it was a very big weekend. currently at work and trying to shake of a monster hangover. Lunchtime is looking like a recovery session

I live in Brisbane. At the moment we are still on the same time as Melbourne. It only changes when daylight savings kicks in. Which for some bizzare reason QLD is the only state in Aus that doesn't follow it. So we end up 1 hour behind the rest of the country.

Created a new website for FM14 for my career save in the depth's of Brazil. I'll create a new team, no money, no players, no TV deal and try and make my way up the leagues. Site's looking amazing atm, just finishing up the back story before I release it though.

I am still clueless as to what to do for FM14 :(.

I have a feeling I'm going to start as Salisbury City.

I tend to start at a top league somewhere, and it pretty much obliges me to stay at that level throughout the save.

My main decision point is choosing between FMC and Simulation Mode. I think that Training is all I'll miss, but that's quite significant as developing players is often the only thing to keep me interested after a 10+ season save.

I think it's a spelling mistake, it should say overspent.

Strange one there. While I agree he massively overspent, I think the players he actually brought in could have done extremely well together. I just think that he didn't have the know how/vague sense to make them work together.

Finest example is Carroll and Downing; Who buys a big, strong, striker who is excellent in the air, a left winger who is a thoroughly decent crosser of the ball and not the best finisher, and then asks the left winger to play on the right hand side cutting in, and not on the left crossing to the striker who is good in the air?

Will be interesting to see how the Manc derby pans out.

City have looked a bit wobbly, and their CL win was against a pretty mediocre side, so I think it may just have been papering over the cracks.

United, on the other hand, were impressive in midweek, but showed their age-old trait of letting teams get a glimmer of hope against them.

If Valencia can replicate his form from midweek against City, I'll be watching to see how Hart can cope with that sort of delivery. Probably very, very badly.