Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Valencia was **** in midweek. One decent cross and one good finish, (why can't he do it more often?), mean very little. He was poor, as usual.

Shows what I know - I thought he looked far better than he has of late.

He gave away a few sloppy passes but made a couple of tackles, won some headers in the final third, scored, assisted and made a couple of chances too.

City aren't convincing on the left, so a bit of confidence going into that game could give him a platform to build from.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather sacrifice the defensive work he does for Nani every day of the week.

Valencia has one trick; slow down play, and speed past his man. It seldom works as it's so easy to read. His hasn't got a trick to go past a man, and don't get me started on when he comes inside.

What are your thoughts on comparisons between Kanchelskis and Valencia?

My opinion is biased here, as I watched a lot of United games on TV when Kanchelskis played, and I thought he was bloody brilliant.

It was different eras I guess, and arguably that style of pure wing play was better suited to 20 years ago.

I'm sure Kanchelskis used to chip in with more goals, but they weren't fundamentally that different.

What are your thoughts on comparisons between Kanchelskis and Valencia?

Totally different. Kanchelskis was a flying winger who would attack people, taking them on with pace and skill. With Lee Sharpe on the other side, they struck fear into opposition fullbacks up and down the league.

Valencia's one plus point is that he adds defensive cover for whoever is at rightback. He's so frightfully limited.

Haha, I don't think you meant that, you don't seem subtle enough, but fair enough my friend!

I like how you are making assumptions about me, yet know nothing at all about me.

Quite odd aswell that you only rock up in this thread with posts directed at me, clearly attempting to get a "rise" out of me. Weird really.

I forgot how defensive Tom got over stuff :D I miss this thread. Been a while since I posted in here, seems like a lot of the people who were about when I posted are still here plus a few newcomers (Ri :D).

On the topic of FM14, I was gonna start a Norwich save but I think that with the signing of Osvaldo I'm swaying towards a Southampton save. Ramirez, Schneiderlin, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Osvaldo, Wanyama and Lovren. Some very solid young players there (suppose Osvaldo ain't young but he's quality). Looking forward to it. Sort of stopped playing 13 altogether now, just can't be bothered with it.

I forgot how defensive Tom got over stuff :D I miss this thread. Been a while since I posted in here, seems like a lot of the people who were about when I posted are still here plus a few newcomers (Ri :D).

On the topic of FM14, I was gonna start a Norwich save but I think that with the signing of Osvaldo I'm swaying towards a Southampton save. Ramirez, Schneiderlin, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Osvaldo, Wanyama and Lovren. Some very solid young players there (suppose Osvaldo ain't young but he's quality). Looking forward to it. Sort of stopped playing 13 altogether now, just can't be bothered with it.

Last time you posted in here you came out with the comment about City and said they'd win something last season and called me stupid for saying you wouldn't, remember that? I do. You can apologise when you're ready. :brock:

Last time you posted in here you came out with the comment about City and said they'd win something last season and called me stupid for saying you wouldn't, remember that? I do. You can apologise when you're ready. :brock:

:lol: I don't actually remember that but it sounds like something I'd say so I'll take your word on it. And we should have won something to be fair but hey ho.

I'm sorry Cleon. I'm gonna go out on a limb (again) and say we will definitely win something this season. Care to oppose that view too? I won't call you stupid this time :D

:lol: I don't actually remember that but it sounds like something I'd say so I'll take your word on it. And we should have won something to be fair but hey ho.

I'm sorry Cleon. I'm gonna go out on a limb (again) and say we will definitely win something this season. Care to oppose that view too? I won't call you stupid this time :D

You won't win anything this year either, you have Hart in goal ffs :D

You mean the best goalkeeper in the league? :cool:

People hate on Hart but I know for a fact that if he signed for anyone's club they'd cream themselves with excitement. Think it must be fashionable to hate on him these days :brock:

He's not same class as Mingolet or Begovic though.

I have just woken up after my bachelor day yesterday (wife & house guest away on road trip) and have to say my 34 year old body is suffering. I played 9 holes of golf and then went to the pub for beers and a punt. My 34yr old body is very sore at the moment from a) the golf (most exercise i've done in about 3 years) and b) the beers.

I have arranged drinks with some friends for later on today as well as the wife isn't back till this evening. It's going to be tough getting up for work in the morning.

Edit: Just watching the replay of the Newcastle vs Hull game. Newcastles defending was appaling for the last 2 Hull games. Aluko's goal in particular there was no one remotley close to him.

Di Canio sacked bit of a rash decision now it's down to the players who got him sacked to prove it was him and not them making us rubbish. I'm not sure who I'd take as manager now and to be honest I don't really mind if it's Tony Pulis, Di Matteo or Steve McClaren as I don't have a clue who'd be a good choice most Sunderland fans thought O'Neill was a great appointment then we thought Di Canio might be able to do something. I think we are relegated already if you look at our next 11 or 12 matches I can't see where a win will come from. Sometimes I hate football!

Di Canio sacked bit of a rash decision now it's down to the players who got him sacked to prove it was him and not them making us rubbish. I'm not sure who I'd take as manager now and to be honest I don't really mind if it's Tony Pulis, Di Matteo or Steve McClaren as I don't have a clue who'd be a good choice most Sunderland fans thought O'Neill was a great appointment then we thought Di Canio might be able to do something. I think we are relegated already if you look at our next 11 or 12 matches I can't see where a win will come from. Sometimes I hate football!

Funny that Moyes is crying about a harsh fixture list when you have, quite possibly, the worst fixture list in the history of the Premier League.

You can't get a home win because of how tough your home games are, and you can't get an away win because you can't get any sort of form going. Horrid fixture list.

Well yeah I've watched Sunderland they're dire, but yes I was also having a dig at Moyes because he's quickly turned into the biggest hypocrite and moaner in the league (surpassing good ol' Arsene).

Maybe he was always a terrible cry baby - probably was, would explain why I have never liked him - but I'm only now noticing it.

Well yeah I've watched Sunderland they're dire, but yes I was also having a dig at Moyes because he's quickly turned into the biggest hypocrite and moaner in the league (surpassing good ol' Arsene).

Maybe he was always a terrible cry baby - probably was, would explain why I have never liked him - but I'm only now noticing it.

You notice more now because Pulis has been sacked. He was the biggest moaner in the history of the Premier League with his 'We don't have the financial backing to compete' bollocks. When in fact he spent £100 million and only City, Liverpool have spent more in last 5 seasons.

Are you a proper fan btw JD? i.e go to games and from Manchester?

Half interested in watching the League Cup (whatever it's called tonight).

Will be interesting to see if Suarez starts and releases a load of pent up stupid behaviour in one match.

Toying with sticking him in my Fantasy League team if he looks fractionally less mental.

Wonder what odds are on him getting sent off.