Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

What hell did you get one for Joe?

Oh it was a comment I made after I'd had a few and just before a night out. Thread was 'greatest comebacks' or something, and my comment was like "if I wanted my comeback I'd wipe it off your mum's face." Meh.

For been called Joe, surely? Unisex names ftl. :thdn:

Since when do you find girls called Joe? :D

Nigeria defender Bobsam Elejiko collapsed and died while playing for Belgian side Merksem SC on Sunday.

The 30-year-old was playing in the fifth-tier game against FC Kaart when he collapsed.

Attempts to resuscitate the defender were unsuccessful and the cause of death was not immediately clear.

CAREER OF BOBSAM ELEJIKO

Continue reading the main story

Wacker Nordhausen, Germany (2000-01)

Turnhout, Belgium (2001-03)

Westerlo, Belgium (2003-07)

Royal Antwerp, Belgium (2007-08)

SC Beira-Mar, Portugal (2008)

Deinze, Belgium (2009)

Red Star Waasland, Belgium (2009-10)

Merksem, Belgium (2011)

"With deep sadness we announce the sudden death of Bobsam Elejiko," Merksem said in a statement. The match was abandoned after Elejiko's death.

"He collapsed and died suddenly in the pitch and our thoughts are with his family and friends."

Elejiko had previously played for Westerlo and Antwerp among other teams.

R.I.P

What is 'pfft' about that :(

I am feeling it now though, after coming back from town... so tired!

Bloody kids today... no stamina.

When I were a lad, it were down't pit for a 12 hour shift, no time for breaks or dinner. Then off t' docks for an 8 hour shift. After that were done, off t' pub. If there were a lock in, we'd roll out and straight to work!

Anyone else playing Skyrim?

It's not arrived in the post yet. :(

Should land sometime later this week though :)

Here's one for my Belgian football scout, Purefun...

Vadis Odjidja Ofoe, capped for Belgium and plays in midfield for Club Brugge... is he any good?

Granada are apparently interested in a move for him during the January transfer window. If they do, Purefun then has an excuse to follow Granada then! :D

They're also looking to sign Turkish striker Melvüt Erdinç from PSG.

Having a look at them in FM12, neither look particularly inspiring, but if they're decent IRL, that won't matter. ;)

Perhaps after missing out on Defour in the summer, Granada are just desperate to have a Belgian in the side! :lol:

Depends on what the price for Odjidja is though I suppose.

As for Erdinc, from what I've read about him, he's strong in the air with good pace. Given the Granada manager Fabri favours more direct football, having another target man makes sense I suppose, but I'm not a great fan of Fabri's tactics and selections so far. Too one-dimensional. We've got footballers, but he doesn't seem to want to play football. :(

Players like Mollo, Martins and Jara are shackled by his tactical preferences, but if he let them play to their natural abilities they could be awesome. He uses Mollo as a pure winger on the right, when he's better as an inside forward from the left. Martins he uses too deep in midfield, rather than let him get forward to create moves and take shots at goal, which he was lethal at with Benfica. Jara... he really hasn't got a clue where to use him. Best as a striker or deep forward in the middle, Fabri has been using him on the right wing.

They really should sack him and offer me the job, to be honest! :D

Perhaps after missing out on Defour in the summer, Granada are just desperate to have a Belgian in the side! :lol:

Depends on what the price for Odjidja is though I suppose.

As for Erdinc, from what I've read about him, he's strong in the air with good pace. Given the Granada manager Fabri favours more direct football, having another target man makes sense I suppose, but I'm not a great fan of Fabri's tactics and selections so far. Too one-dimensional. We've got footballers, but he doesn't seem to want to play football. :(

Players like Mollo, Martins and Jara are shackled by his tactical preferences, but if he let them play to their natural abilities they could be awesome. He uses Mollo as a pure winger on the right, when he's better as an inside forward from the left. Martins he uses too deep in midfield, rather than let him get forward to create moves and take shots at goal, which he was lethal at with Benfica. Jara... he really hasn't got a clue where to use him. Best as a striker or deep forward in the middle, Fabri has been using him on the right wing.

They really should sack him and offer me the job, to be honest! :D

I don't like Mollo he destroyed my Valencia team on FM.

I don't like Mollo he destroyed my Valencia team on FM.

:lol:

That's what annoys me the most IRL though. Cracking player, yet the manager has him on the bench. By comparison, Dani Benítez (who Granada fans are convinced is Fabri's love-child) keeps playing. This is in spite of him having the glorious record of being the player who gives the ball away most in Liga BBVA.

:lol:

That's what annoys me the most IRL though. Cracking player, yet the manager has him on the bench. By comparison, Dani Benítez (who Granada fans are convinced is Fabri's love-child) keeps playing. This is in spite of him having the glorious record of being the player who gives the ball away most in Liga BBVA.

I go watch Crewe every home game and they are still playing a striker who has not score for 10 matches, he was dropped last week only because he was injured.

I go watch Crewe every home game and they are still playing a striker who has not score for 10 matches, he was dropped last week only because he was injured.

I go watch Aberdeen we have a striker called Darren Mackie who has scored something like 55 goals in about 11 seasons, he scored 16 in one season, yet every season we are told to keep the faith because he has goals in him, just not that many goals unfortunately.....

Eurgh got with the roughest girl last night. Was trying to get with her mate but got shoehorned into it someone. Worst part is that I actually remember it, so I can't have been that drunk :(

Did your mates see it? Thats the worst part when they can rib you about it!!!

Eurgh got with the roughest girl last night. Was trying to get with her mate but got shoehorned into it someone. Worst part is that I actually remember it, so I can't have been that drunk :(

You mean to say, you did the hippocrocodillapig?

That said, if you were with a bunch of mates also on the pull, you could look at it as "doing one for the team". :D