Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I am back from London, meaning Purefun... you're no longer in charge.

Heath, that goal the Granada guy scored was a peach, what was the story behind his emotional celebration? Similar to Sharp?

Shame that game got called off really, started getting really good!

Tom (I can't quote people on my phone). I have pretty much kept my internet open constantly this month when i have rarely done so in the past. Stupid really, but I know for next month anway ha.

Called off for throwing an umbrella at the lino! I would never condone such things, but that was hilarious.

And hi Ty. *waves*

What guy takes an umbrella to a football game?! I hope it rained on the way home.

Heath, that goal the Granada guy scored was a peach, what was the story behind his emotional celebration? Similar to Sharp?

ALL WITH MARTINS – Football shows solidarity for Granada midfielder

An article I've written for elcentrocampista.com, about the sad news that Granada midfielder Carlos Martins son Gustavo, is suffering from a rare and life threatening illness.

I'm sure everyone's thoughts are with Carlos and his family and you can Tweet your support with the hashtag #todosconmartins via twitter.

Read this morning that the 15 year old kid claimed he was waving the umbrella around, it shot off the handle and just happened to fly in the direction of the linesman. :lol:

Umbrellas are allowed in Spanish stadiums. Don't forget, a lot of the stands are open to the elements. Nuevo Los Cármenes in Granada for example, only has one covered area.

There's mixed feelings about what happened, especially the suspension of the match. Granada will probably have to pay a fine, though it will probably be no more than €6,000 - plus the remaining 30 minutes of the match will have to be resumed behind closed doors against Mallorca. This means they'll also have to cover Mallorca's expenses, having to travel back to Granada to "resume" the rest of the match.

In the Spanish media, some are arguing that the referee suspending the game was right, because he was then "nervous" and worried about security at the game. Other opinions are suggesting that even if exactly the same thing happened at Barcelona or Real Madrid, there's no way the match would have been suspended (There were knives and glass bottles thrown on the pitch in the Spanish Supercopa tie between Real Madrid & Barcelona, for example). They'd have replaced the linesman with the fourth official. They also pointed to occurrences of incidents this weekend in Turkey (fans pelting Eboue) and Argentina, where players or officials were pelted with objects, yet the games continued or resumed after a pause.

The whole situation has turned into a farce now. Though I don't condone idiots at games throwing things at players, officials, or on the pitch.

I'm heading to Manchester soon, you better not be editing my posts while I'm gone!

I wouldn't do such a thing!

Don't worry tom... I'll make sure your posts are protected :lol:

You're hired! :D

It's about 60 miles. Considering I've got to get out the ground, then to car, and then through traffic in the surrounding area, taking little over an hour is fast!

Praise me!!

They were digging up Ashburton Road and Wharfside way near Old Trafford when I had my season ticket at United... was never pretty leaving matches then. Traffic used to be horrendous.

The laugh of that is, I'm a season ticket holder at Granada CF now and guess what they're doing near the stadium? That's right... laying bloody tram lines for the new metro system!!! :mad:

Nope, I feel like LOTS of beers. ;)

Customers... ain't they great?

A few months back, I had a guy want loads of work doing on a house. Gave him good sound advice, detailed and fairly priced estimates, etc... He thought we were "too expensive", didn't agree with much of the advice and went with someone else. Basically, one of those people who doesn't listen, just wants the cheapest price.

Well, turns out that he'd happened along some cowboy builder, who quoted half what we'd offered and had blagged that he didn't need to do this, that or the other, etc...

Now the guy has come back to us, because the cowboy builder has done a runner with half the money, left his place in all sorts of a mess, having done none of the things we'd advised needed doing. The best part is, he wants us to do the job properly, but is only prepared to pay us what he was paying the cowboy builder! :lol:

Seriously, what planet are these people from?

Needless to say, he wasn't impressed when I told him we're booked up solid, then asked him why on earth a legitimate, fully registered, insured and reputable company, would want try matching prices with an illegal cowboy builder? Why would I want to take the mess on, for less money than the job is worth and needs, when they wouldn't listen to my advice in the first place!?!

Unfortunately, you can offer some people genuine and honest advice... whether or not they listen, is another matter entirely. The thing is with people like this, is that they're usually the ones you see bleating on these documentary programmes. Quite often, much of the fault is their own for not listening to the genuine people, not getting references, etc... basically, trying to save a penny - and end up paying a pound, as the phrase goes.

Sure, part of me feels sorry for people getting in a mess like this, but some people really don't do themselves any favours to begin with. :(

Never fails to amaze me though...

The amount of people who'd look to buy a property back in the UK, have all sorts of inspections, surveys and advice before they proceeded to purchase.

Buying in Spain, so many leave their brains at the airport, don the blinkers, slurp up the crap spouted by the "estate agents", then buy the first thing they see.

They're then shocked to "discover" the problems. :confused:

Very basic things: Get a survey. Get your own lawyer (and not the estate agents). Get advice from different and varied sources. Before you hand over any money. Simples! :)

@Joe. I tore my ACL ligaments. I had previously tore them, had the operation, went through the rehab and my 1st game of football back I tore them again :mad:. Anyway, the reason they operated on both legs is because when I had the 1st operation, they took the graft from my right hamstring tendon to create a new ACL, but with that now gone, they have used the one from my left leg so both legs have some cracking scars on them ha. My right leg looks about the size of heath's head..........huuuuuuge ;).