Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one to get into this sort of thing, but I think Ty has been pretty harsh on NF for slating his lifestyle choices. Most people (myself included) would prefer to go to college/university and try and get the best job available in a field that we enjoy. However, if someone chooses not to go down the FE/HE route and goes into a job and works up from there on, why the hell should that be criticised at all? Fair play to NF for working hard to get where he wants. If he enjoys "stacking shelves" then what's wrong with that? Nobody should be criticised for their lifestyle choices, unless they choose to sit on the dole and claim benefits.

It's all a silly little argument, really. Shake hands and forget about it, etc :thup:

Don't think I said anything wrong last night, I only made one post afterall. But yeah I did pointlessly insult NF's job, soz.

You were insulting him as much as his job with that one post, and you don't consider that wrong?

-------

What's everyone doing today then? I think you can all guess what I'm going to be up to.

Going to Old Trafford? :confused:. I will never understand why ;). Well with me still on crutches I won't be going to far. The Mrs wants to go and collect some photo's of her daughter so I have to be dragged along with her because she isn't very confident driving my car yet. Other than that, I think Gillette Soccer Saturday & MOTD :D.

im not long up, had one of those days where i felt like a student and thought i should get up early.......:p

Going to listen to the dons on scotsport on the bbc website, then a hair cut then i think im going to go into the music college for a workshop day they have going where you can get advice about doing all the things needed for being in a band, recording, touring and stuff like that.

Its a corker when that happens Suggy :). After my operation on Tuesday I came back round about 1pm and thought screw this, went back to sleep and even though I was in and out of sleep for most the day, I woke up about 11am the next day. Was great :).

Or heath. On my Hoffe save, the season after they finished 5th they came 10th and narrowly missed out on qualification from the Europa League Group Stage and they just finished 5th again and got beat 3-1 by At.Madrid in the Cup Final....still under Fabri's management. Their Europa League group has Rubin Kazan, Lille & Sparta Prague. By the way, do you know anything about Alcoron? They have started to cement their place in La Liga but I would guess they have a small budget and still only have a capacity of 6k.

Surprised to see Alcorcón coming up from Liga Adelante, as they should be a mid-table team at that level at best. That said, they're currently top of Liga Adelante on my save.

IRL Granada actually beat Alcorcón in the Segunda B play-offs to clinch promotion in 2009/2010. That was the same season that Alcorcón famously knocked Real Madrid out of the Copa del Rey. Granada won the first leg 2-0 at home, then lost 1-0 away.

You'll see Alcorcón's ground in this video :D

[video=youtube;b_C87mdcaIU]

If they ever did make it to Liga BBVA, they'd probably have to ground share with someone nearby. They're on the edge of Madrid, but just a short drive from Getafe, so would probably share with them. Leganés is another suburb between the two, but their ground is only 8,000.

Have just been reading about it. Shocking news.

Judging by the stunned reactions of people who knew Gary Speed, it's impossible to fathom why he would commit suicide. It's never easy to understand what would lead someone to that ultimate decision, least of all for those closest.

On a lighter note, another dismal display from Samir Nasri tonght. Brilliant! :D

Was just talking about this to my mate the other day, why leave to become a reserve at Man City. I am sure he could have stayed and got a nice contract from Arsenal. Left on a free on my FM save but wouldn't discuss a contract with Crawley.

Was just talking about this to my mate the other day, why leave to become a reserve at Man City. I am sure he could have stayed and got a nice contract from Arsenal. Left on a free on my FM save but wouldn't discuss a contract with Crawley.

Obviously has no ambition... ;)

Anyhow... frustratingly, if the Granada-Mallorca match hadn't been suspended and Granada had seen out the win (they were 2-1 up), they'd be up in 12th after the win tonight.

They play the last 29 minutes of the Mallorca match behind closed doors on 7th December, but I imagine it'll be televised somewhere.

I really do think they're starting to build some momentum now.

That as may be Tom, but honestly, I've read enough arguments about that in the thread in the football forum.

Ultimately something was seriously wrong for him to make that choice.

I quite agree heath, and I'm not saying he was selfish or anything like that was some would suggest. I feel sorry for him, he must have had some seerius issues in his head.

Feel free to delete my previous post and all subsequent ones if you think that is best. I totally understand.

What happened in the Granada and Mallorca match?

You mean to say you don't know about the infamous umbrella incident? :lol:

A couple of articles I wrote for elcentrocampista.com will explain all...

ALL WITH MARTINS – Football shows its solidarity for Granada midfielder

NOT WITH MARTINS – Fan mars emotional day for Granada

First article was during the week before the Granada v Mallorca match, second article was after.

I quite agree heath, and I'm not saying he was selfish or anything like that was some would suggest. I feel sorry for him, he must have had some seerius issues in his head.

Feel free to delete my previous post and all subsequent ones if you think that is best. I totally understand.

Don't worry about it Tom. There's all sorts of opinions and thoughts flying around. Just didn't want to see the same sort of arguments as in the football forum thread today, usually with someone sharing an opinion, then someone else perhaps grabbing the wrong end of the stick.