Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Nottingham Forest has got to be the team for you. I started another save as them and created tactics for this save(first time ever) and it worked a treat. I got promotion and now I have the delights of trying to build a team that, hopefully won't get slaughtered every week. It's a lot harder than I expected it to be.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, page ten. Loads much faster now people aren't embedding damn youtube video's! :@

Skyrim sucks btw...sucks up all your spare time that is. Twelve hours in two nights and now I've got a decision to make, turn up for pool tonight or stay in and play Skyrim some more. I reckon my liver has rested and it's time to give my eyes a rest from staring at computer screens & tv's.

I reckon you should. As everyone said to me, you have to force yourself to start a save when your bored, as then you'll hopefully get into it.

You've done enough, I shall start as Forest in the next couple of hours :D

try splitting the big two in scotland with one of the smaller clubs, its quite a slog :)

I might actually try that another time, seems a good challenge. I'd probably go for St Johnstone..

Aberdeen would be a save which I could see myself getting into to try & split Celtic & Rangers.

Its taken me 6 seasons with the dons to get close, its a good challenge, especially the first few years when your expected to get into Europe whilst have no money at all to spend, an no money at all to go on wages for the 1st season.

Ive always fancied it, but I have 3 other saves plus my current one as Hoffenheim planned, so I couldnt see myself getting round to it until FM13...but we shall see. With me being off work for atleast 6 weeks as of Tuesday, I might get round to starting one.

oh do link the page with us!! :D
I agree Joe...we must he the horrific evidence of how bad this 'girl' looks.

No evidence, I'm not planning on accepting her and her photos are private. Unlucky lads :p

You mean to say, you did the hippocrocodillapig?

That said, if you were with a bunch of mates also on the pull, you could look at it as "doing one for the team". :D

And that is how it shall be phrased.

If anyone can tell me how to make a 4-3-1-2 formation work so not every single chance goes through my ball greedy attacking mid then ill be able to sleep better!! It worked in FM11 and this is the same ME so i cannot understand why its so rubbish this time around. Should never have sold all my wingers and ditched my solid 4-4-2!! :(

When you play narrow thats how it goes. I have the same problem with my Hoffe side and Sigurdsson (treq) always frustrates me by never actually sliding a ball through for my forwards, but by shooting. Its nice when he hits a 35 yarder into the top corner, but when he misses 6 or 7 a match, it becomes annoying. Can you not have your FB's mentallity as get forward often, lots of crosses and touchline instructions as get the ball wide & whip in crosses or whatever??? Also, restrict how much your AM shoots, and have his passing as short.

I have tried switching my full backs to attacking mentality, which has helped a bit, but like your describing the attack mid player just does not pass the ball!! I had the two top goal scorers in the league last season, neither has really had a shot in 6 league games this year, every single goal has come from midfield. I have Ravel Morrison in the position, when i had him playing in the centre of a normal 4-4-2 with advanced playmaker role he was untouchable, now this year pushed forward a bit with the same role he seems to have forgotten he plays in a team!! Back to the drawing board tonight i think/

Its almost the weekend, anyone got any plans??

Well my girlfriend wants me to go to this illuminair thing that we have in Durham where all the shops, bridges, pubs, river etc is lit up by lights & looks quite nice, but its sooooo cold & I cant be arsed.

Other than that, Im doing nothing off the top of my head. Might go to the public house for a few on Sunday to watch the Liverpool match as well. Yourself?

Go on individual player instructions and set AM shooting from distance slider right down, iirc I'm at work so not 100% that's how you do it. I had a similar problem, then got Valbuena on a free and he's been **** hot.

I'm hungover to **** today. Won twice at pool last night though, so it was all worth it. :D

Well im going to watch the mighty Dons on saturday, although not too confident about that game Motherwell have been flying this year and we sadly have been anything but flying, then i think im going to watch my pal playing ice hockey sat night, prob a nice lazy day on the sunday, i might put FM aside until then so i can spend the day figuring this formation out properly.

Hahahaha :lol:.

Im currently at work & I sit on here most the day. I work for the Council & they can track our Internet useage, but heyyyyy, what ever :p. I bring my laptop to work, and a lot of the time I work in the office on my own, so if I am bored I can load it up and have a few hours on it :D.

Yeah i work for an oil company and all our usage is suppose to be monitored, thankfully i am good friends with the guy who runs the IT department and he creatively reports my internet usage each week :D Which means i have ample time to get into stupid pointless GD "discussions".......hahahahahaha

What are you hoping to teach? In a school or college or what you aiming for? Bit different to a council office job!!!

PE for Comprehensive School kids. Ive gone down the sports route my whole life basically, but I tore my ACL ligaments in 2008 and then tore it again in my first game of football back after the operation in 2009 so I havent exactly been able to do anything sporty because of the pain. Ive finally pushed through the operation (which is on Tuesday) and have started my PGCE in September so Ive finally got my arse into gear. Ive originally got a job for the council as a gap year type thing because I needed a break from studying, and then I had another year out before finally deciding to start the course.

I will be back at the school after Crimbo provided I can walk because as well as repairing my ACL.......again (which they are using the tendons from my hamstring on my opposite leg), they are also regrafting my knee cap with the bone from my opposite knee cap, shaving my cartailage down and also re-positioning the tunnel on my leg between my Fibula & Tibia as well. So both legs are getting operated on, and usually after an ACL operation, its 2 weeks before you can walk again, but they are doing so much more its going to be quite a bit longer before I can put weight on that leg properly, and with them operating on my other leg in essence as well, Im going to be bed ridden. Not being able to actually hop around even will be a killer.

Oh christ that is not a good injury, especially not twice in a row, my brother did the same thing, he played Junior football up here but got injured, came back for a few month and did his knee again playing a game of 5's, he gave it up after that. Its a horrible thing to do to yourself!!

Hats off for wanting to go into teaching, not something i think i could ever do myself, especially not on a monday morning hungover!! hahahaha

Oh christ that is not a good injury, especially not twice in a row, my brother did the same thing, he played Junior football up here but got injured, came back for a few month and did his knee again playing a game of 5's, he gave it up after that. Its a horrible thing to do to yourself!!

Hats off for wanting to go into teaching, not something i think i could ever do myself, especially not on a monday morning hungover!! hahahaha

I think its the holidays which are swaying me towards it as a career :p haha. That, plus a salary of between £20-45k per year depending on where in the country I decide to get a job ha.

Purefun, you're playing as Malaga aren't you? Can you, or anyone else help me in the Should I Buy/Sell Thread please, thanks.

Sorry.

I wouldnt to be honest, he is very inconsistent in the game, a player who promised the world but hasnt really delivered. You could prob pick up a player for less that what you would have to pay for him.