FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow ! and i was happy he scored 26 goals this season for me !

Lol, he went a bit mad at times scored 6 in one match. The guy is a complete beast of a player and to think in my first Malaga save I never bothered developing him at all.

Hi, I've tried the download but it stated try again / download failed. However when I go to file manually or through FM the file is there? Has this still worked Llew?

The file won't download? If so, I can't really help you.

Few words of advice: you have to start a new save for the file to work. It's not a save game compatible file.

Can anyone give me any advice regarding the squad registration regulations? I just find it hard to accept that we can only use 22 outfield players throughout the seasons plus any youngsters.

Can you register players in the At Malagueno squad and then move them to malaga freely throughout the season?

• 2 weeks later...
What is better for Rondon as lone striker' date=' playing him in Poacher role or Advanced forward role ?[/font']

Personally, I would say an 'Advanced Forward > Attack'. This will allow him a bit more freedom and allow him to help in the build-up of attacking moves. Although, I could see why you would use him as a 'Poacher'. He's got good pace aswell as a good eye for goal.

For me: 'Advanced Forward > Attack' :thup:

Joined in mid-2014/15 when Malaga were 15th. Finished the season in 5th place, and got a budget of £6m. Does the chairman often give more? I got £15m when I joined, and bought Crisetig from Deportivo for £7.25, a young German regen and Wakaso who was on loan at the time for £2.1m. Not really complaining too much as I only really need a striker or two, as Rondon and Junami are the only ones left (Junami is on the transfer list though).

With the new patch out, 12.2.0, I've decided to make a new Málaga save :D At the moment, I'm going to spend some refining and amending my OP which is comparable to the standard of my Gladbach thread. Expect to see some changes in the OP post; especially in the 'Who to Buy' section.

For any new Málaga FM'ers, make sure to flick back to my OP and download the file that I've made available for download. Installation instructions are there and, if you do download it, it will only enhance your Málaga experience even further. Vamos!

I just completed my first season, Baptista was a beast with 41 goals in 32 league Games. Was Spanish Cup Runner up and finished second to Barca who didn`t drop any points until there 22nd game of the season but I beat madrid home and away and finished 16 points ahead.

Only problem was I thought Malaga had bags of money but at the start of 2nd season while they have given me €22 million to spend I`m €7 million in debt and the Chairmen isn`t investing and i`m only getting €20 million TV Money over the season. Should I expect more or is this it??

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like this hread has died, which is a shame, really looking forward to starting one and need some advice on the Sugar Daddy situation, whether to change it or leave it as it is, I'd be fuming if I got to the second or third season, finally started to compete and I got like £2m transfer budget or something ridiculous like that but then again, I don't think it's realistic if I get like £60m+ every season.

• 2 weeks later...

Santi is an absolute monster in this game and in real life.

I can also imagine Isco getting a a bit of a CA/PA boost in next year's game because of how well he's played this season.

Going to start a game with Malaga and get the swing of things again. It'll be a game to go alongside my Liverpool save when I'm bored of it.

More on that later. :)

Hello all,

got a question. I want to start a Malaga save with new patch. Do you advise me to use the new database (with all transfers ) or the standard database ??

Thanks!

It's up to you, but I've started a Malaga save on the new database and it's fine.

Right guys I've had a good read through the thread, great stuff in here. I want to ask- I'm aiming for the very top level, which signings should I be looking at as soon as start the game? Give me top 3s maybe?

Right guys I've had a good read through the thread, great stuff in here. I want to ask- I'm aiming for the very top level, which signings should I be looking at as soon as start the game? Give me top 3s maybe?

I say sign a world class striker, and a top CB, then for the last one it depends on your formation if you going to play a 4-2-3-1 I would buy a top AMC or you could sign one that can play across the middle as well so you can change your formation....

Cheers brother, any names for me?

Well for the world class striker of what I can think of would be Cavani, Leandro Damiao, Seydou Doumbia and I seen someone buy the Dortmund ST Lewandowski. For the CB I would try and get Dede, Thiago Silva, or Jan Vertongan... For the AMC or AM I would try and get Walter Montillo, Eden Hazard, Wellington Nem...... I hope this helps :thup:

• 1 month later...

Joined Malaga in 2015 from Santos with them in 11th place (in February) and managed to scrape 4th place on the last day of the season, currently sitting in 3rd after 29 games in the next season, Rondon has been sensational. He's struggled with injuries this season but scored 28 goals in each of the last two league campaigns.

Signed Callejon from Madrid for £2.3m this year expecting him to play maybe 10 games, but he's got 18 goals and 9 assists in 34 games from left wing.

So my Malaga save is up & running. I'm setting up in a 4231 formation with Rondon set to lead the line with Baptista in behind as an inside forward. I've taken Joaquin off the transfer list and will play him as a winger at AMR. That'll leave Cazorla at AML as adv playmaker. Toulalan will be my defensive centre mid while Maresca will fight with Camacho for a b2b role alongside.

Unfortunately Santi picked up a 3 month injury in my friendlies so I've splashed out on Nicolas Gaitan (£14m) to come in and play his role and then challenge Joaquin. Duda & Joaquin will need to really prove their worth if they're to stay longer than this year. I intend to give Isco a shot when I can. I've also signed Vurnon Anita to give Monreal competition at LB. My other signing was Younes Kaboul for £12m to add quality depth at CB. Kaboul will most likely start ahead of Mathijsen with Demechelis. Weligton will be the 4th CB. I've tried offloading Malagueno and Rosario but no luck so far. Gamez has edged Sanchez at RB. Kamemi is a solid GK with Caballero as back up.

I'm convinced we can break the top 4 while having a bash at the Copa del Rey.

I've played my first La Liga match, away to Sevilla and scraped a 1-0 win thanks to a late RVN goal. Once the team settle I expect better performances.

Believe it or not, I made a Málaga save two nights ago :D

I havn't gone far on it yet - only three games in our pre-season schedule - but I've decided I'm not going to write-up monthly updates as I have done on all of my Football Manager saves. This time, I'll just update you all on transfers, outstanding results and an end of season review.

Good Luck with your Málaga saves - Vamos! :thup:

I actually enjoyed reading your monthly updates :(

Haha, well, tough luck ;) In all seriousness, they take far too long to do. Now that I don't do them, I tend to get through saves much quicker.

EDIT: It looks like my choice to disable first transfer window budgets may come back to haunt me. Diego Buonanotte, our very own Messi-esque player, has ton his hamstring in pre-season. Francisco Portillo, who's been in the first-team squad for the pre-season, will now replace him.

My La Liga season is now under way and with 9 games gone, we're sitting top with 8 wins and 1 draw. This puts us 2 points clear of Barca and 4 of Real Madrid. The highlight victory so far was a 2-0 win over Madrid at La Rosaleda, with Recio grabbing both goals bursting from midfield.

Rondon has been outstanding, scoring 7 in 9 while Joaquin and Gaitan have been excellent from the wings providing assists and the odd goal. Baptista has been woeful and with Cazorla coming back from injury I'm likely to switch Gaitan into AMC and drop the Beast. Camacho and Toulalan have been good although Toulalan picked up a red card for a vicious foul that meant Recio had to step in and he did well. At the back Gamez has picked up a torn hamstring that will keep him out til January so Sanchez is getting more game time, although in tougher games I've gone with Kaboul at RB. Monreal and Anita have shared playing time at LB with both doing very well. Kaboul and Demichelis have formed a good partnership with Mathijsen coming in for the games when Kaboul switches to RB. Kameni has disappointed. We haven't conceded many (4 in 9) but he's looked nervy and was at fault for 2 of those.

I'll definitely be looking for a new keeper if not in January then the summer.

Vamos Malaga!

Im going to start a Malaga save today, always on my to do list when i got the game initially and I love being teams with potential. Ive just had 1 5 year game with PSG but this should be even more of a challenge with Madrid and Barca in the same league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

August 2018

The season kick off at home against newly promoted rivals Real Betis. Carlos Fierro scores within the first 10 minutes of the game, and a James Rodriguez brace gives us a nice 3-0 victory to start off the campaign in good matters.

Six days later we meet Porto in the UEFA Super Cup, as we're Europa League champions for the second time in my 7 years reign. Yoan Lopez (re-gen) and Wladimir Weiss scores in the first half, but left-back Frederico Ocampo is unfortunate and is credited an own goal in the 45th minute. Nervy second half, until Carlos Fierro hammer in 3-1, which is the end result, and Malaga get the trophy for the second time, after also beating Manchester United in 2016 4-0.

Currently played 395 games with my Malaga team, producing 242 victories, scoring 813 goals, conceding 380.

I play all my forwards as Advanced Forward, even Rondon, although he's now third in the pecking order behind Carlos Fierro and Juanmi due to lack of goals. Use him in away-games where strength upfront is convenient.

September

Espanyol [A] 1-0

Racing [H] 1-0

Olympiakos [A] 2-0

R. Sociedad [A] 0-1

Valencia [H] 2-0

Getafe [A] 3-0

A very good month, with only one goal conceded. Real Sociedad have been my bogey team throughout my career, so losing to them was no surprise. The UEFA drew me with Manchester City, Olympiakos and Anderlecht in the Champions League, which is an fairly easy group with the exception of City, which will prove a good test. Looking forward we're getting both Lucas Moura and Dede back from injuries they suffered during pre-season, and I have been a little cautious about using some players who reached the knock-out stage in the World Cup last summer.

Archived