FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For God's sake :mad:

First 7 League games, went unbeaten (won 5, drew 2). Found ourselves flying high in 3rd. Then came Real Madrid @ La Rosaleda where I expected us to be trounced seeing as they had already scored (literally) about 40 league goals in their 7 previous games.

Anyway, the pre-match analysis idiot said Málaga were only "slight underdogs" (get a grip, man) in this contest, plus my assistant manager said we should be looking to control the match!

I pressed [play match] and INSTANTLY the commentary said "He collided with Ramos!" - RVN injured in the first minute.

Then I despaired as my defence parted like the Red Sea while they trotted up and scored.

We then scored a comedy own goal.

Baptista was then injured.

Cue us hitting the post/bar 3 times but ultimately we lost 2-0.

Post-match, Mr Hilarity (my assistant manager) declared that I should berate the players for such a poor performance (I actually told them they were unlucky which raised the morale of the entire team), and the fans are "slightly concerned following the defeat..."

We're still 3rd in the League.

3rd in first season for me, chuffed with this but I can't seem to attract the type of players that would takes too the next level. Got paloschi sonago, montoya and fierro on free transfers though. Juanmi is such a prospect scored 15 goals for us this season.

UPDATE : Managed to add some extra quality in the shape of Christian Eriksen , £15m record signing from Ajax .

Excellent thread mate.....convinced me to take them on. Sold the following players: Helder (free), Edinho (1.3m Utrecht), Seba Fernandez (975K loan to Ath Madrid), Wily (2.1m Man City), Eliseu (3.5m West Ham), Malagueno (loan Celta). Also i have Weligton and Stadsgaard up for sale, but no-one is biting. Brought in the following players: L Andersen (850k), Saborit (1.2m), Jese (1.7m), Muniz (1.4m), Serrano (1m), Virsaljko (2.7m) and Handanovic (15m over 48months). At mid season break and we are 3rd behind Real and Barca. Rondon is banging them in as a target man and Handanovic is a clean sheet monster. Excellent club with bags of potential.......a must try club.

I have just finished my first season with malaga and I have to say that this is my most entertaining career since FM 2008. I have never had so much joy in single season.

I've placed 2nd in BBVA, just 2 points behind Barcelona, scoring record-breaking number of goals (131). I've also won 3-0 vs Atletico in Spanish Cup final. (a lot of luck in this competition, because Barcelona got knocked out in semi-finals and many atletico's players passed yellow card limit.)

fFe3R.png

My squad

DPX18.png

Player statistics in BBVA

5BAwh.png

Player of the year in Spain

3p3Hd.png

and if someone wants to take a look on fixtures:

http://i.imgur.com/WnXV8.png

http://i.imgur.com/1Sc8B.png

Been a while since i posted, busy and got a new pc etc but anyway on with Malaga :p

End of season 4, an unbelievable season, unbeaten in league, record 106 points. Won the League, the Cup (5-3 against valencia with 10 men, 2-2 when Danny WIlson was sent off, i win in extra time, Rooney hattrick :)....and in my best game agaisnt Real Madrid in champs league final...3-1 winners. Just wow. On international front I was manager of Romania, they were ***** and 76th in world. Season 4 pre-season got then to 2nd in euro qualifyer group (half way stage) up to 23rd in world and i get offered Argentina job. Doubt i'll recreate that season sucess again.

Transfer wise not much happening, got Wilshere in on a free, looks excellent in pre-season and a bunch of youth. Dont really want to tinker with team, going to blood quite a few of my up and coming young players. Some have gone on loan, most promising striker Mulder is off to AC MIlan for the season. Tough for him, he has Rooney, Wilfried and Sanogo ahead of him just now....well until someone comes in to buy one of them.

Ozil has been fantastic, and Kadlec really came into his own this season. I have been playing him on left wing as an Inside Forward and despite not passing often enough he scores his fair share, 15 in league. Will try and remember to get some screenshots but still no new stadium...

Will report again soon

First of all, I want to congratulate the opening for this thread! It's amazing!!!!!

It convinced me to start a save with Málaga. Never played with them before!!!!! It's just the team I've been waiting for!!!!

Congratulations to everyone on this thread!!! Will post later my signings!!!!!!

So coming towards the end of the second season, Karim Benzema is on the transfer list, for 24mill.. thoughts? Tempted to buy him, but hasn't been in good goalscoring form as he should be with Madrid, which is why they've listed him I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Right just about to start a game with Malaga looking forward to the challenge any recomendation of formations and roles?

I like to buy a top striker and go with a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers Joaquin and Carzola are awesome on the wings.

How do you guys get Tevez

City accept 27.5mill for him and i can negotiate everything max wage of 130,000 and the agent fees, but everytime i have to reduce the landmark after 5 goals his agent says ive backed him into a corner

I just changed the landmark to 20 goals and offered the most I could and locked it, I actually found the negotiations pretty easy once January first season arrived.

Been meaning to post in here all day but, as usual, I havn't been able to get around to do it.

Anyway, I've decided that I will probably start a new Málaga save to implement the new patch. I know it may sound a bit stupid but, I'm only in January so, really, I don't have too much to use. I'm also a bit annoyed that I blew most of my budget on Marvin Martin, who is a very good player, but I could've got 3-4 players with the £20 million that I spent on Magical Martin. With the free-time that I will have on my hands over the Christmas period, expect the new save soon :thup:

By the way, on Sky Sports 2 now is Valencia vs. Málaga; WATCH IT! :D

Ok cause i had a error in my last game i had to restart, anyone got a decent formation to accomodate, Ganso, Carzola, Buonatte, Rondon and Joaquin? Also Isco in the 'b' team, do people loan him out or get him to go straight into the team as he is a good young player

Ok cause i had a error in my last game i had to restart, anyone got a decent formation to accomodate, Ganso, Carzola, Buonatte, Rondon and Joaquin? Also Isco in the 'b' team, do people loan him out or get him to go straight into the team as he is a good young player

Personally, I promote Isco to the senior Málaga squad straight away. He has plenty of potential and giving him regular first-team football only improves his developments.

As for a suitable formation to allow those players mentioned first-team football, I would play a 4-2-3-1. The midfield should look like this;

- - - - - Rondón - - - - -

Cazorla - Buon. - Joaquín

- Toulalan - - - Ganso -

That would allow a good, free-flowing game plan. Of course, another option would be to play Ganso as a AMC with Buonanotte in the AML position while Cazorla drops deeper into a CM position :thup:

Or you could go more solid with Toulalan as a DM 'cleaner' ;)

- - - - - - - Rondón - - - - - - -

Cazorla - - - - - - - - - Joaquín

- - - - - Buon. - Ganso - - - - -

- - - - - - Toulalan - - - - - -

With Buona as more advanced than Ganso...

That would work too, although, I'd swap Cazorla with Buonanotte; Cazorla is better at being a deeper playmaker. Also, you wouldn't really see much of Buonanotte's nimble, fleet-footed skills from deep too, when he will have defensive duties to undertake :thup:

You could set the two of them to change positions, to make it harder for opposition and to change the way the attacking play would work during games...

Anyway, I would definately not put that left MC position as deep playmaker, whether or not Cazorla or Buonanotte is playing there. As stated in the previous post, I'd make that position the more advanced of the two MC's with Ganso being WAY better at a deep role. You could then put the left (Cazorla or Buon.) as advanced playmaker support, and manually increase his mentality to an even more attacking one, in order to ensure he'll be positioned more forward than by default! In effect this means that most of the time, he'll be positioned somewhere around the no. 10 pos in the 'hole' behind the lone striker.

I've tried a formation and strategy like that before in both my old Malaga save, and in my current Napoli save, swapping Christian Eriksen (again a HUGE hit with 29(!) assists in first season!) and Hamsik between AML and MC position... It makes for really good versatility in attacking play ;)

How does everyone play Randon?

Personally, I tend to play him as a 'Advanced Forward > Attack'. Many people will recommend you to play him as a 'Target Man > Attack' but, I've had more success with alternative roles :thup:

I don't have these 2 options:

Top-Half finish - £17.5 million & £825k per week

Continental Qualification [Europa League] - £20 million & £850k per week

Why is that?

I'm presuming you downloaded the file which change Málaga from a 'background' to a 'foreground sugardaddy'? If so, that's one of the consequences, the board will demand Champions League qualification; I'm sure you will be able to achieve that though :thup:

After my I'd made some impulse signings on my PSG save and wasn't enjoying it anymore, I've decided to start up with Malaga. One of my favourite FM games ever was one I did with Valencia on FM10, where I built a great team that eventually toppled Real Madrid and Barca.

I changed the sugar daddy option to foreground, though I am being cautious as to who to spend the money.

My signings so far have been

Brazilian GK Victor from Gremio for 7.5M

LB Ricardo Rodriguez for 3.5M

Alvaro Dominguez for 12M

plus quite a few staff and scouts

OUT

Eliseu 2M Sunderland

Stadsgaard Getafe Loan fee 240k

Helder Rosario 100k Valladoid

Recio 1M Vitesse

Sebastian Fernandez Loan Ajax

Personally I think I could be lacking in midfield and up front, especially if injuries occur, though I am not to sure whether I want to invest in those areas now or in the summer.

Been looking at Willian(who has been amazing on my main save with Arsenal), Nicolas Gaitan, Javi Martinez and Leandro Damiao, the latter 3 I haven't used yet on the game, and Llorente.

Just wanted to ask, are players like Maresca, Apono and Camacho good enough for my midfield, I play either 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3(wingers)?

already looking forward to this save

unfortunately, Demichelis got injured just before our first game and is out for 3 Months.

This then lead me to spend 8M on Alberto Botia from Sporting. I was tempted to go for Subotic and Samba, but there low concentration put me off, whilst Botia is quick and appears to have good stats in all the right places, plus he's spanish.

Beat Sevila away in the first game 4-2, Baptista, Dominguez,Rondon and Joauquin the scorers. However the game has now left me short in midfield, as Apono was injured and is out for 8 weeks and Toulalon alos got injured as is out for 4 weeks. I thought my midfield was a bit weak before this so now I'm going to have to have a look at options.

Does anyone have anyone to recommend?

I need a striker in January to score me goals Rondon and van nistlerooy have been total rubbish for me, and cant score for love or money regardless of how much possesion and shots i have. Cazorla is my top scorer after 5 games with 2 goals the only other players to score are Van Nistlerooy(1 goal), Joaquin(1 goal) and Kolo Toure(1 goal) compared to Real Madrid who i 5 games have score 27 goals. i have atm £17m left but gunna do some selling in january. Advise and a way to get out of the slump, tried a couple of different formations as well, having habits of conceding very late goals

unfortunately, Demichelis got injured just before our first game and is out for 3 Months.

This then lead me to spend 8M on Alberto Botia from Sporting. I was tempted to go for Subotic and Samba, but there low concentration put me off, whilst Botia is quick and appears to have good stats in all the right places, plus he's spanish.

Beat Sevila away in the first game 4-2, Baptista, Dominguez,Rondon and Joauquin the scorers. However the game has now left me short in midfield, as Apono was injured and is out for 8 weeks and Toulalon alos got injured as is out for 4 weeks. I thought my midfield was a bit weak before this so now I'm going to have to have a look at options.

Does anyone have anyone to recommend?

Well, sort of depend on your budget and your preferred type of player, but from the looks of it you're after DM's ;)

Go get Kara if he hasn't been sold already. Otherwise Rolfes is a strong option you should be able to lure away from Leverkusen. Sandro from Spurs might also be available but give us some more details first to be more specific...

I need a striker in January to score me goals Rondon and van nistlerooy have been total rubbish for me, and cant score for love or money regardless of how much possesion and shots i have. Cazorla is my top scorer after 5 games with 2 goals the only other players to score are Van Nistlerooy(1 goal), Joaquin(1 goal) and Kolo Toure(1 goal) compared to Real Madrid who i 5 games have score 27 goals. i have atm £17m left but gunna do some selling in january. Advise and a way to get out of the slump, tried a couple of different formations as well, having habits of conceding very late goals

Stick to a formation for at least 4-5 games and try to raise morale in the squad. Morale is almost more important than tactics now ;)

For players, have a look at Vaclav Kadlec and disregard his lowish composure. If you're willing to spend some money, then Caicedo is an often VERY overlooked striker. But please DO try and give your own prospect Juanmi a prolonged chance first!

Originally the type of midfielder i was looking for was more of a creative CM, however with the injuries i was more after a more defensive minded player.

I did some transfer day searching and bought Sven Bender for 9M. I had him in the demo and he did a good job for me. Toulalon is now back and i'm using Bender as a BWM with defend duty, and Toulalon as a deep lying playmaker or bwm support next to him.

I've had a good start so far winning 3 out of 4, a draw against mallorca. Quite happy with my squad and hopefully should get me to at least January.

Originally the type of midfielder i was looking for was more of a creative CM, however with the injuries i was more after a more defensive minded player.

I did some transfer day searching and bought Sven Bender for 9M. I had him in the demo and he did a good job for me. Toulalon is now back and i'm using Bender as a BWM with defend duty, and Toulalon as a deep lying playmaker or bwm support next to him.

I've had a good start so far winning 3 out of 4, a draw against mallorca. Quite happy with my squad and hopefully should get me to at least January.

Thanks for the tip. Toulalon is out for 3 months and so Bender will be a perfect replacement. Got a bargain £7.5M deal wrapped up.

If someone is in the market for a creative midfielder, someone who can open up a opposition defence with one pass, I'll recommend Dani Parejo. Fantastic attacking midfielder who isn't having the best of times at Valencia in reality; I'm sure he would jump at the chance of joining the rising force of Málaga :thup:

As for me, I'm going to make a new Málaga save come Thurday, hopefully. Looking forward to it :D

Stick to a formation for at least 4-5 games and try to raise morale in the squad. Morale is almost more important than tactics now ;)

But please DO try and give your own prospect Juanmi a prolonged chance first!

Well im giving him a chance in the cup first, might give him a run up untill january, think i might have got the formation now, just dont want to rely on juanmi to fire me back up the league straight away

If someone is in the market for a creative midfielder, someone who can open up a opposition defence with one pass, I'll recommend Dani Parejo. Fantastic attacking midfielder who isn't having the best of times at Valencia in reality; I'm sure he would jump at the chance of joining the rising force of Málaga :thup:

As for me, I'm going to make a new Málaga save come Thurday, hopefully. Looking forward to it :D

I tried to sign him, but they rejected my £10M offer. Here's what my First XI looks like...

dbkuaf.png

Anxiietyyy - Looks like you've assembled a good, solid first-team there. One which you can definitely develop into a side that will challenge the likes of Barça and Real Madrid on a regular basis. Shame you can't fit Júlio Baptista in there though. Such a fantastic player; I would recommend playing him as a Striker when needs be. Rondón is also a excellent player.

Good Luck with your save, mate. Keep us up-to-date and I will be joining you lads sooner rather than later :)

Anxiietyyy - Looks like you've assembled a good, solid first-team there. One which you can definitely develop into a side that will challenge the likes of Barça and Real Madrid on a regular basis. Shame you can't fit Júlio Baptista in there though. Such a fantastic player; I would recommend playing him as a Striker when needs be. Rondón is also a excellent player.

Good Luck with your save, mate. Keep us up-to-date and I will be joining you lads sooner rather than later :)

He'll be an 'explosive' sub to save me points. I'll bring him on and shift from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 with him in the AMC role. Rondón is a superb player. Perfectly rounded- He's quick, strong, good in the air as well as on the ground and he's great at holding it up and bringing Buonanotte and Joaquin in to play.

Things have been going ok so far going into November, we went without a win in four, losing to levante ( after RVN got sent off after 13 minutes) and drawing the rest ( though we did draw 2-2 with espanyol, was 2-0 down and Demichelies had been sent off, then Rondon scored 2 late goals.)

however injuries have now taken a toll on my defence, both my new CB's are out. Boita broke his leg in the defeat against Levante and is out for 6 months, and Dominguez just got injured for 3 months while on international duty. Hopefully my defence can remain strong till January, and if needs be I'll play toulalon at CB.

Tempted to also start playing Carzola at MC/AMC and use either Duda or Bouanette at AML. Baptista has been alright but I feel i need a more creative option through the middle. Been looking at Christian Eriksen and Valero as possible signings, as well as Rafinha, who might be one more for the future

had Parejo on my shortlist and it came up on my news feed that he wanted first team football, and next thing I know he's been offered to me for 7.5M. If it all goes through, looks like I've got that creative midfielder i was looking for

I've just had a £7.5M bid accepted for Mikel San José.

34znr.png

I decided to do a little Llew_Arshavin style image showing him off ;)

Anyway.. he's a complete defender. Good in the air, good at tackling and can distribute nicely. He'll slot in perfectly next to Kara in the centre of defence.

had Parejo on my shortlist and it came up on my news feed that he wanted first team football, and next thing I know he's been offered to me for 7.5M. If it all goes through, looks like I've got that creative midfielder i was looking for

If you do manage to get him, you certainly will have a great talent on your hands. As I said, Dani Parejo has great ability aswell as having the knack to open up any opposition defence with his clever through balls and creativity. Good Luck with your pursuit of him.

Anxiietyyy - Mikel San José... a player that I've watched on many an occasion and, as of yet, I can find no fault with him. As you said, he can distribute the ball nicely too, which is essential within Liga BBVA. Good signing, mate :thup:

Good update/style too :D

Anxiietyyy - Mikel San José... a player that I've watched on many an occasion and, as of yet, I can find no fault with him. As you said, he can distribute the ball nicely too, which is essential within Liga BBVA. Good signing, mate :thup:

I know. He'll fit in with Kara in a sort of Brutal/Elegant defensive partnership. 4* potential means there's room to improve too!

Archived