FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

Just completed my first season with Malaga.

Finished 3rd in the league, 10 points behind R.Madrid and 19 behind Barcelona( a barcelona team that scored 114 goals,40 of which came from messi, who scored a ridiculous 61 in all competitions.) However, two highlights of the season were beating Barca 3-2 at home and R.Madrid 2-0 at the Bernabeu.

Was semi finalists in the Spanish cup, losing to Barca.

Squad 2011-2012

malaga20112012.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In january I bought Leandro Damiao for 16M ( Speard over 48 months) and Dani Parejo for 7M. Damiao made an immediate impact and gave me the kind of firepower i was lacking in the first half of the season.

Of my current squad,Maresca and Nistelrooy will most likely be leaving when their contracts expire, and I will look to sell Apono, Weligton, Malagueno and possibly Demichelis, maybe more depending on finances and what transfers i make. Ultimately I want to have a squad of 25 players, all of good quality for the next 2 seasons then from there focus on bringing younger players through.

One thing that I am thinking of is trying to get a formation that can accomodate both Rondon and Damiao. I currently still play either 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. I have another tactic saved which is a 4-4-2 which has the wide players in the AMR/L roles, however I dont think it will be defensive enough. Have also thought about trying to create a formation which has 3 at the back, though I don't know if i want to risk that on this save.

I have to say I am really enjoying the save so far and looking forward to catching up with Barca and Real and ultimately toppling them

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that I am thinking of is trying to get a formation that can accomodate both Rondon and Damiao. I currently still play either 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. I have another tactic saved which is a 4-4-2 which has the wide players in the AMR/L roles, however I dont think it will be defensive enough. Have also thought about trying to create a formation which has 3 at the back, though I don't know if i want to risk that on this save.

I have to say I am really enjoying the save so far and looking forward to catching up with Barca and Real and ultimately toppling them

Maybe a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond?

Just started my second season, hoping to progress from last season.

Transfers 2012/13

malagatransfers201213.png

Initially i wanted to sign Milan Badelj but before i knew it liverpool has bid £20M for him and he's joined. However i feel ekdal will fill the DLP role pretty well. Bonera was only brought in for

emergencies.

Squad 2012/13

malaga201213.png

I feel I've got a good balanced squad at the moment, and hopefully I could attempt a title challenge, lack of depth really did me over in the first season and especially with european football as well this season I needed a better squad. Barca and Real Madrid barely strengthened so hopefully my team is going to catch up to theirs.

My champions league group is tough to say the least. Arsenal, A.C Milan and Werder Bremen. I'll give it a go, the league will be my priority but a good european run would be nice as well, wouldn't mind winning the europa league as well.

I've had a fantastic start to my season! After a disappointing loss on my managerial debut, we've bounced back in emphatic fashion with some good results like the 2-1 win over Madrid. Here's the league table at around the mid-way point- The Christmas break

2qrzjty.png

How's everyone else getting on? And does anyone know how I can get Rondon to start bloody scoring? He's scored 4 goals in 15 appearances in all competitions and that's just not good enough!

[quote=

How's everyone else getting on? And does anyone know how I can get Rondon to start bloody scoring? He's scored 4 goals in 15 appearances in all competitions and that's just not good enough!

what formation to you play? I had success with him as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1 or as a target man support or attack in a 4-3-3, though I have seen quite a lot of people like to use him as a advanced forward, I only tried it once and he didnt have a great game

what formation to you play? I had success with him as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1 or as a target man support or attack in a 4-3-3, though I have seen quite a lot of people like to use him as a advanced forward, I only tried it once and he didnt have a great game

I've got him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-3-2-1 (basically a 4-3-3). He's just not doing anything. I'll try him as a Poacher but if he's not scoring then, I'm gonna bring in a replacement.

Timmy - Looks like you've made some good signings there; one of the most important things you need to achieve success in the Champions League is a good squad and, to me, it looks like you've achieved that. Nicolas Gaítan should be a great player for you. Arsenal, Milan and Werder will also be a tough group in the UEFA Champions League; I wouldn't be too disappointed if you were knocked out by any of them :thup:

I've decided that I will probably make a new Málaga save tomorrow. I made a Genoa save today so, I will be alternating between those two but, I'm looking forward to it :)

Things are going well in my game at the Mighty Malaga, currently sitting 2nd after 11 games.

My signings were as follows

Javi Martinez from Athletic for 25 million

Willian from Shaktar for 8 million

Vertonghen from Ajax for 7.5 million

Felipe Anderson from Santos for 5 million

Just got a deal for 12.5 million for Eden Hazard cannot belive the bargain :D

edit: anybody gotand good coach recomendations?

I think it's fair to say we're out of the title race. 9 points behind Barca with 16 games left to play. The january window saw the arrival of Mbaye Niang (£3M) and Iker Munian (£32M). The former is a young French striker with bundles of potential while the latter is the future of Spanish football. He is a lad who is well and truly in my long term plans for this team.

Sorry lads; once again, I havn't been able to get round to make a new Málaga save due to unforeseen circumstances. I will be making on later on tonight or tomorrow :)

Could anyone recommend me a player to play in the deep-lying playmaker position?

There are a few good players which could play well as a deep-lying playmaker. Here are some targets which could tickle your fancy;

Ever Banega - Valencia - Top talent, top passer. He can unlock any organised, proven defence from deep with his good creativity and passing attributes. Would cost at least £10 million.

Marvin Martin - Sochaux-Montbé - One of Europe's hottest talents. Great player who can provide assist after assist. Would cost upwards of £15 million.

Miguel Veloso - Genoa - Been good, so far, on my Genoa save. Can defend and attack very well and, usually, is the perfect player to link the defence to the attack. Shouldn't cost more than £12 million.

Hope those help, mate :thup:

Sorry lads; once again, I havn't been able to get round to make a new Málaga save due to unforeseen circumstances. I will be making on later on tonight or tomorrow :)

There are a few good players which could play well as a deep-lying playmaker. Here are some targets which could tickle your fancy;

Ever Banega - Valencia - Top talent, top passer. He can unlock any organised, proven defence from deep with his good creativity and passing attributes. Would cost at least £10 million.

Marvin Martin - Sochaux-Montbé - One of Europe's hottest talents. Great player who can provide assist after assist. Would cost upwards of £15 million.

Miguel Veloso - Genoa - Been good, so far, on my Genoa save. Can defend and attack very well and, usually, is the perfect player to link the defence to the attack. Shouldn't cost more than £12 million.

Hope those help, mate :thup:

Thanks for the suggestions mate, I'll take a look at Banega :thup:

Well 2nd season over for me, after being 5 pts clear of Barcelona in january and 11 clear of Real Madrid , i could`ve been forgiven for thinking it was gonna be our year in La Liga. WRONG ! . The 12.0.1 patch duly updated my game and" BANG "

we lose 6-0 at the Bernabau .Our form stutters after that, my tactics are no longer affective and all of a sudden we are trailing the "Big Two" in the league never to recover.

On the plus side a 3-1 qtr final 1st leg champions league defeat at Manchester United is followed by a team meeting and a change to 4-4-2 for the 2nd leg. After conceding a sloppy early goal , a stirring 2nd half comeback see`s us triumph 5-4 on agg.

Real Madrid in the semi final (gulp!) . Leading 3-1 at home and battering em for most of the game we get a penalty, who is taking it ? my usual taker is Tevez , but seen as though Fierro is on a hatrick the bug kicks in and he takes ,and duly misses the spot kick.

An injury time Benzema goal makes it 3-2 and they beat me 2-0 at theirs so we are out out 4-3 on agg.

Barcelona then beat us 2-0 in the copa del rey final , so all we have to show for a hard season which promised so much is 3 rd place again.

Yann Mvilla £22m , Jack Robinson £12m (after a successful loan spell) my signings so far for the next season.

2011/2012

Silly Season

After looking on the team sheet and the bank account, I decided that we needed some back-up. I was looking long-term, and made players under the age of 25 as main targets. First came Ibrahim Afellay in as a back-up to Joaquin and Cazorla on the wing. At £1.7 millions this was a bargain. We kept looking in the nice catalonia, and found gold in Carlos Kameni. The goalie went for £5 millions from Espanyol. Still looking in spain, and Robert Canella were added to the team costing £5.5 millions. Mikel San Jose soon followed from Bilbao at £6.5 million and the team looked finished. I thought. Javi Martinez was purchased at £28 millions payed over 4 years, and I'd used more money than expected.

A total of £46.5 millions well spent.

Tactic

I'm a fan of attacking football, let's be honest, who isn't? I'm also a fan of winning football matches. As you can't always get everything, I decided to make a counter-attacking tactic, which based itself on pacy counter-attacks, while remaining strong in the back:

1071539.jpeg

I'll be looking to drill the team in defensive positioning in the match preperation, due to this tactic being made around a good defence, and hopefully scoring the needed amount in the other end.

Squad

Rotation will be a key factor to a good campaign, this to attempt to keep morale and fitness. Those who play well, will of course have more time on the field, but I have my hopes for some of the younger ones to step up this campaign.

First choice will be listed first, with back-up behind.

GK: Kameni/Caballero

RB: Gamaz/Sanchez

CD©: San Jose/Stadsgaard

CD(X): Demichelis/Mathijsen

LB: Monreal/Canella

DM: Toulalan/Camacho

MC(D): Martinez/Maresca/Recio

MC(A): Baptista/Buonanotte/Isco

AMR: Joaquin/Afellay

AML: Cazorla/Duda

ST: Rondon/van Nistelrooy

Looking at the team, I think top 4 is well in our reach, just have to stay injury-free. Knock-on-wood.

Pre-Season

Obviously knocked on the wrong wood, as Demi brakes his ankle and is out for three months.

Jaén 0 - 4 Malaga

Joaquin

van Nistelrooy (2)

Buonanotte

Palermo 0 - 3 Malaga

Baptista

Rondon

van Nistelrooy

Cremonese 0 - 2 Malaga

o.g

Martinez

Pescara 0 - 0 Malaga

Córdoba 0 - 1 Malaga

Baptista

Malaga 5 - 0 Campillos

van Nistelrooy (2)

Fernandez

San Jose

Rondon

6 clean sheets and the strikes starting promising with van Nistelrooy bagging 5 goals to his name. Very promising. First match is against Sevilla. I'm really being thrown into the lions den.

Season opening

Sevilla 0 - 1 Malaga

San Jose

Man of the Match: Mikel San Jose

Lucky win on a set-piece as Sevilla dominated.

September

Malaga 2 - 0 Granada

Rondon

o.g

Completely dominated, could've and should've been more goals.

Mallorca 0 - 3 Malaga

Martinez

Rondon

San Jose

Counter-attacks broke down attacking side Mallorca quite effectively.

Malaga 1 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Baptista

Man of the Match: Jesus Gamez

They defended quite well, but could'nt cope when Baptista fired one in.

Zaragoza 0 - 0 Malaga

Man of the Match: Javier Paredes

Zaragoza missed a penalty before half-time, in a match they dominated.

October

Malaga 3 - 0 Getafe

Baptista

Afellay (2)

Man of the Match: Santi Cazorla

Got back to winning ways in an efficient manner.

Levante 1 - 4 Malaga

Martinez (2)

Joaquin

Rondon

Man of the Match: Javi Martinez

First goal of the campaign conceded. Attacking force performing excellent in this match.

Malaga 2 - 1 Real Madrid

Rondon

Afellay

Man of the Match: Jesus Gamez

Real lose both full-backs to red cards in second half, and is punished by the lack of discipline.

26.10 (Copa del Rey)

Granada 0 - 2 Malaga

van Nistelrooy (2)

Man of the Match: Ruud van Nistelrooy

Substitute van Nistelrooy nick the victory in the last 10 minutes. Could've gone the other way before that.

Malaga 5 - 1 Espanyol

Baptista (2)

Rondon (2)

van Nistelrooy

Man of the Match: Salomon Rondon

Best match so far in the campaign. Espanyol didn't show up in the second half, after 1-1 to half-time.

November

Rayo 1 - 1 Malaga

van Nistelrooy

Man of the Match: David Cobeno

The Rayo goalie kept his team in this after an early goal from Rayo. May have underestimated the opponent.

Betis 0 - 1 Malaga

Cazorla

Man of the Match: Santi Cazorla

Poor finishing in what should've been a more comfortable win.

9.11 (Copa del Rey)

Malaga 2 - 0 Granada

van Nistelrooy

Afellay

Man of the Match: Ibrahim Afellay

Scored early, and Granada had to take the game to us. Poor passing from the home team all-over.

Racing 0 - 2 Malaga

o.g

Baptista

Man of the Match: Julio Baptista

Even match, but an own-goal turned the favor towards the visitors.

Malaga 3 - 0 Villarreal

Martinez

San Jose

Baptista

Villarreal were suprisingly poor and were beaten in almost every duel. Toulalan destroyed their midfield.

I can not recommend Carlos Kameni enough. 4 goals conceded so far. Future's bright on La Rosaleda!

• 2 weeks later...

Going to finally get my Malaga game underway, was inspired by watching el Classico the other day; that league needs another challenger!! Taken me a couple of days to concoct a plan tho.

Going to use a transfer update; anyone got an opinion on which is better: WeeGiE / Forbsie?

Iv been inspired aswell to start in Spain. Great thread again lew. I'm going to start with Malaga mainly due to their great squad but also because my grandad lives in fuengerola near Malaga. They are listed as one of malagas feeder teams on the game. Decent squad to work with, cazorlas a great player and I really like the look of isco from what iv seen of him.

See. You two have made me rethink about a Málaga save :(

With Arsenal and Gladbach saves, I will remain loyal to them. In the mean time, I think I'll make my OP better :D Good Luck with your saves and, if you want to ask anything, I'm sure someone will answer it in here. (Make sure you download my 'Sugardaddy Fix' in the OP.

Formation: 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 is a good start. 4-2-1-2-1 congestion in the middle against tight teams.

Sign: In my opinion good cheap transfers for the first window. Christian Kameni, Mikel San Jose and Roberto Canella. This will make your average age lower, and full of potential.

Sell: I did have some problem selling players, but you should early start to look at the 25 men you can register, and wheel out the unuseables. Loan is a good option to get rid of the dead-weight and give them some playing time.

Plan: Should give Isco, Recio and Juanmi some easy pick-up-win-matches. Isco and Recio both throw their toys on the pram if they don't play at all, so give them some time. Both is set to have a part to play in the long-term life of Malaga, so keep them happy.

Good luck.

See. You two have made me rethink about a Málaga save :(

With Arsenal and Gladbach saves, I will remain loyal to them. In the mean time, I think I'll make my OP better :D Good Luck with your saves and, if you want to ask anything, I'm sure someone will answer it in here. (Make sure you download my 'Sugardaddy Fix' in the OP.

I just finished (decided to throw it because of lack of motivation) my Malaga campaign after few rounds in 2nd season. I signed Gareth Bale (60M), Gokhan Gonul (14.5M), Cezar Azpilicueta (12.5M), Neymar (66M), Eden Hazard (53M), Mandanda (13M), Giorgio Chiellini (23), Christopher Samba (22.5M), Douglas Costa (13.25M), Willian (9M), Carlos Tevez (23M), Ganso (25M), Alvaro Dominguez (30M), Kara (3.3M), Marouane Fellaini (16.25M). In 2nd season I added Hugo Lloris (49M), Sergio Aguero (45M), Mario Gotze (119M) and Thibaut Curtois (24M).

I also bought Yaya Sanogo (2M), Lenny Nangis (2M), Carlos Fierro (650k), Vaclav Kadlec (4.3M), Mario Kovacic (7.4M), Felipe Anderson (6.25M), Jese (2.1M), Lucas Andersen (750k), Laurentiu Branescu (1.1M) and many many more young promising players.

So I stuck that I don't need any other player and it become too boring to play it anymore. 1st season I finished 2nd 9 pts behind Barca and 3 pts ahead of Real Madrid, but in 2nd season just after 8 rounds I was 9 points ahead of barca and 6pts ahead of Real. Also beat Barca in Supercopa 8-2 aggregate. So, I bought all that can be bought, also winning by big margins a lot mof matches (trashing Barca as aleready mentioned, 6-0 against Valencia, 7-0 against Granada and similar resultls against other teams), so it becomes pretty boring to play anymore :(

P.S. I bought all of these players on 48 months....

No wonder it became boring because you signed about a 25 players with an approximate total fee of £593 million! :eek::D

Make sure you come back when the 12.3 patch comes out, and spend a little less ;)

The prices are in euros, but it doesn't change much :)

Anyway, I also signed a lot other players like Andile Jali (1.1M), Ruben Ytergaard Janssen (3.4M), Siyanda Xulu (150k), Ivan Bandalovski (22k) and many more. Sent them to play at Atletico Malagueno and sold all of them at the end of season (Jali for 7M Inter, Janssen 12.75M Liverpool, Xulu 4M Milan, Bandalovski 6.5M Tottenham) and so on, and so on. Also, I got rid of the most malaga players in first transfer window (Julio Baptista 12.5M Inter, Demichelis 8M Zenit, Jesus Gamez 8.5M Valencia) and some of them in January (Toulalan 7.5M Juventus, Mathijsen 4M Anji, Jaoquin 10M to Anji and many more. Also I signed a lot of players from free transfer at the start and sold them in January for nice bunch of money (Hildebrand 2.4M to Real, Pouplin 2.4M to Liverpool, Stevanovic 2.5M at Udinese and lot lot more) and that's why how I get the money to buy all of the players I mentioned.

At the end it become pretty boring to play it anymore, so I started now two other adventures, one with Vitesse and 2nd one with Athletic Bilbao which I find that it will be much more interesting to play.

P.S. The best player from that bunch for me was Douglas Costa. He scored some superb free kicks and also some superb goals from shoots from distance. He was really amazing for me, playing in role of Advanced Playmaker at AMC!

Question Re: Sugardaddy Fix file

1. -Does it affect an already started game? I am 3 and a half seasons in

2. -I never bother with The Editor, Do I have to download that, or is it simply copy and pasting a file??

3. -Does it just load the enxt time I load my save?

Thanks

1. Unfortunately no, you would have to start a new game.

2. No, you don't have to download the editor, you can just copy the file into a folder.

3. No, as I said you would need to start a new game.

Summer 2013

Squad:

GK: Kameni [Delac]

RB: Gamez [Montoya]

CB: Mathijsen [Demichelis]

CB: San Jose [Muniesa]

LB: Monreal [Canella]

DMC: Toulalan [Camacho]

MC: Javi Martinez [Recio]

AMR: Weiss [Joaquin]

AMC: Julio Baptista [James Rodriguez]

AML: Santi Cazorla [buonanotte]

ST: Muniain [Rondon]

Other players: Sergio Sanchez, Isco, Afellay.

Fourth place first season, third place second season. Starting third season should mean second place. Feel the team may be capable, if I'm lucky with the fictures and injuries. Anyoone have suggestions to the team?

Squad:

GK: Kameni [Delac]

RB: Gamez [Montoya]

CB: Mathijsen [Demichelis]

CB: San Jose [Muniesa]

LB: Monreal [Canella]

DMC: Toulalan [Camacho]

MC: Javi Martinez [Recio]

AMR: Weiss [Joaquin]

AMC: Julio Baptista [James Rodriguez]

AML: Santi Cazorla [buonanotte]

ST: Muniain [Rondon]

Other players: Sergio Sanchez, Isco, Afellay.

Fourth place first season, third place second season. Starting third season should mean second place. Feel the team may be capable, if I'm lucky with the fictures and injuries. Anyoone have suggestions to the team?

You've got a good squad which provides a good first-team. Well done :thup: It's nice to see that you havn't gone over the top in the transfer window too: Javi Martínez and Iker Muniain will serve well for you, I'm sure.

Keep us updated on your save :D

Animated-eyes-finger-pointing-down.gif

MalagaSmash.png

MalagaSack.png

38LeagueTable.png

Hmmm... bounce Málaga 5-0 then get linked with the job when Pellegrini gets sacked right after the match...

...should I have jacked in Granada and hopped it down to the coast?

That said, AI managed Málaga make some bloody awful signings... unlike you lot!

Does a tactic with no wingers work well with Malaga and Spanish Leagues generally?

I have a great 4-1-3-2 tactic. Just wondering before I get stuck in whether it will fail msierably?

Whilst I mostly use a 4-2-3-1 with "wide" players (usually advanced playmaker one side, inside forward the other, depending on my players), 4-2-3-1 with three AMC will work well enough too, IMO. Certain games, I sometimes play the narrow formation.

Like any formation or tactical outlook, it all comes down to the suitability of the players for each position or role you want to use. There's absolutely no reason for the narrow variant not to work, if you have the right players. Probably suits a shorter passing game with a couple of those AMC's given license to roam.

My tactics just aren't quite clicking. I've had some good results, but I get the feelign I can do better.

I took over halfway through the season with the club languishing in about 16th. I am now in 9th after a string of good results. But still have a way to go (7 games left).

The media reports that my club is in a bad financial position and all the best players are on the verge of leaving. I haven't installed the fix file.

Should I leave if I get offerred another job? Am I fighting a losing battle when playing without the fix file?

Season Summary 2013/2014

Copa del Rey

Villarreal sent me out in quarter-final.

La Liga

Best season so far, but only managed third place after a drop in form last matches. Almost notched second off Real Madrid. Barcelona won without losing a match.

Europe

Knocked out in group-stage by Inter and Dortmund. Third place meant Europa League, and almost a tour to Russia got me to semi-final against Toulouse, and a new french team in the final. Beating Marseille crowning Malaga as Europa League-holders. My first trophy in a three-year reign of terror.

Transfer Season

Not looking to sing anyone, except if I'm selling. Joaquin retires, which means Afellay will get more playing time. Have had complaints from some players who want to play more regularly. Looking to loan some players out to improve morale.

Looking forward

Winning my first trophy hopefully will trigger the players to give more of a fight next season. Considering the average age of the squad is 23, the young bunch will hopefully improve on the performances this season.

Season target:

Quarter final in Champions League

Maintaining top three in La Liga

Quarter Final in Copa del Rey (Reason for this is I'm playing B-side in the cup)

Winning the Super Final against Inter

Ones-to-watch

James Rodriguez (One season have done him well in Spain, and will hopefully dominate in the playmaker role)

Roberto Canella (Good performances have made him first choice, now he will have to prove his place)

Ignacio Camacho (Having made some good performances throughout the season, he will get more responsibility this season)

Viva La Resistance

I started a Malaga savegame too, but curious what the fuss about the sugardaddy thing is.

I do know its "only" background in the standard game. But what are you saying, how will this affect me in season 2 / 3 ?

Right now, ive bought 3-4 players from monthly installments only.

If/when i go into red finances, the chairman "should" start pumping money into the club again, shouldnt he ?

I really want to start a Malaga save but I am unsure of how to correct the sugar daddy issue. Sorry to be a pain but please can someone explain how I can change the setting to 'foreground sugar daddy'. Is there a seperate fix other than having to use FMRTE? By not searching through the thread for the answer I know I'm being lazy but I only get to steal an hour here and there on FM before the missus starts complaining.

I really want to start a Malaga save but I am unsure of how to correct the sugar daddy issue. Sorry to be a pain but please can someone explain how I can change the setting to 'foreground sugar daddy'. Is there a seperate fix other than having to use FMRTE? By not searching through the thread for the answer I know I'm being lazy but I only get to steal an hour here and there on FM before the missus starts complaining.

If you go back to my opening post, there is a edit pack that you can download aswell as instructions as to how you can install that pack :)

Good Luck!

Archived