FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

In first season at the moment and honestly. Rondon has to be the absolute worst striker i've played with for a long time (in a higher division). He somehow managed to miss an open net (hitting it across the goals) after rounding the keeper just then and it's getting ridiculous to keep him there, probably going to use baptista as the striker from now on.

RVN is injured at the moment but i'm desperately lacking upfront using a 4-2-3-1, any ideas for a striker to bring him in the Jan window?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello there!

Inspired almost entirely by this thread, I decided to jump the Malaga bandwagon :D I've been a regular Barca FM'er (for career game) for the past many versions, but this thread and of course Malagas brand new status, made it too tempting to resist…

As usual I'm trying to keep things at a more or less realistic level, and as such I didn't mess with the chairman before loading up.

I've only played 6 six games in La Liga so far, and I've had a NIGHTMARE start to the campaign. Lady luck is putting me to the ultimate test here, but let's take it from the top.

First I got rid of almost the entire coaching staff, and replaced them with more 'do-able' characters instead, including a certain Bruno Demichelis as assistant manager. You'll have a hard time finding a better 'man-manager' out there for free ;)

Other new coaches:

Fausto Salsano, First team coach

Flávio Tanajura, First team coach

John Versleeuwen, Coach

Anselmo Sbraglia, Coach

Gian Nicola Bisciotti, Fitness

Francisco Ayestaran, Fitness

Unfortunately, the board won't allow any more coaches (first team or regular), not even upon request :( So 'im still short of another GK coach, and Phil Cannon couldn't join on that account either, but I'm still satisfied for now…

Transfers:

Again I started by getting rid of some of the players I KNEW would'nt get a chance under my reign.

OUTS:

Edinho

Maresca

Stadsgaard

Sebastián Fernández

Hélder Rosário

Buonanotte

Eliseu

Only brought in three new players:

Christian Eriksen, (MC/AMC - Ajax - € 10 mil)

Bruno , (DR/L - Valencia - € 4 mil)

Etienne Capoue, (DMC - Toulouse - € 13 mil)

Although Eriksen is mentioned on these forums, he's still in my eyes a greatly overlooked player. As I'm sure most of you know, he's on the absolute FM A-list in terms of potential and is two-footednes messes with his stats, so he's autually even better than what the on-screen stats show. He's a very versatile offensive player with immense dribbling and passing skills, and watching him in the ME is just plain fun. He lacks some finishing qualities but his playmaking abilities more than makes up for this!

Bruno is just a very solid no-fuss defender who can play both sides. As such, the perfect backup player who even comes in rather cheapish and he's Spanish!

Capoue should give me some more battleready 'power' in the DMC slots, with Camacho still being developed. He has some great midfield controlling stats, and his PPM's are great for my style…

Onto the season…

Preseason went more than decent, including a 6-0 win away against Bari. I got to test various formations and the team gelled as they should, so straight onto the season opener in Seville.

Hopes were high, and with a squad full of high morale players, we couldn't wait to get started. The excitement lasted exactly 23 seconds and the nightmare began!

A seemingly ridiculous cross from the right, was allowed to jump twice in the area, before hitting Gámez in the back and coming to a dead stop, two meters in front of Caballero, with Gámez and Demichelis on either sides. None of them however, thought it was worthwhile going for the ball, and as it lay there for almost a full 2 (two!) seconds, Negredo finally decided to move in for the kill! 1-0 after 23 seconds… We equalized on a Demichelis header form a corner 10 min after that, but alas… Two minutes later, Demichelis somehow stepped on the ball under absolutely NO pressure, giving Negredo a free run towards poor Caballero. 2-1 after 14 minutes and morale was crushed!

I had three players go from high morale to abysmal in that 14 minutes, and the rest of the match was just a struggle uphill from there on as evidenced by two direct red cards to Cazorla (two footed RECKLESS tackle) and Bruno (pushing opponent). Somehow we managed tto get away with a 3-2 defeat, but Cazorla was of course quarantined for a further 3 matches after that incident, and team morale was crushed… Now, anybody who've played FM for a couple of years, know what an entire team on low morale means…

The next 5 games have given 1 victory, 1 tie and 3 defeats… Can't get morale up, and players are making personal mistakes all over the place. Crap keeper Caballero has had 4(!) "mistake led to goal" messages so far, and now Eriksen, Baptista, and Rondon are out for months with heavy injuries :S

I must admit that the thought of a restart did cross my mind, but I've decided to hang in there, and stick with the team to see if I can turn this thing around. Already signed a new class keeper (Cédric Carrasso) for the winter window, but still a few months until he arrives.

It's become a challenge in itself to change these turn of events. I've been unable to lineup the same in any game so far, due to red cards, injuries and abysmal morale so my tactic and formation have changed from every match, which of course makes it even more difficult to straighten things up, but also more of a challenge. We still manage to dominate possesion and shots in most games, but personal mistakesm and a huge amount of woodwork hitting are keeping us from winning. Typical for a low morale team…

Just hoping things'll change sooner or later, and I just wanted to share my Malaga nightmare. This save is still fun, just not the way I thought it would be, but much more of a challenge!

Yep , me too inpired by the thread i started with malaga. After a rocky pre season we have won 2 of our first 3 la liga games 4-0 v Granada & 0-3 v Mallorca and drew 1-1 with Sevilla . Here are my dealings in the transfer market.

MlagaTransfers_History.png

I tried for ter Stegen , but he told me to bugger off.

HZaZ9.png

Not happy with our away form :mad: Joris Mathijsen made a mess of himself against Valencia and At.Madrid. he just let Falcao walked passed him twice to score 2 goals. Going back to the drawing board on our tactic for away games.

2m13Z.jpg

I did. Made 45M loss in my first season :( and 44M was from wages. I was given 1.5M to spend even I sold couple players.

HEY! I decided to load up my Malaga save. Couldn't get into my Belgium save.

It ****ing sucks. I was looking forward to having a decent budget, buying a few players and really pushing on with challenging Barca and Real. It feels like I've gone backwards though, I've started my second season off terribly.

It ****ing sucks. I was looking forward to having a decent budget, buying a few players and really pushing on with challenging Barca and Real. It feels like I've gone backwards though, I've started my second season off terribly.

Tell me about it! I'm 2M in red. I missed out a lot on good players due to the chairman being so tight.

Because of the small stadium, cheap ticket prices and small prize money in La Liga, its really hard to break even in the early seasons. You really need to be making the knockout stages of the Champions League to get close to making a profit - which will then lead to a bigger transfer budget.

Going off of the experiences of basically everyone else, its only at the start of season 2 that you dont get much of a budget - chances are that you'll get a cash injection in January 2013

Tell me about it! I'm 2M in red. I missed out a lot on good players due to the chairman being so tight.

I'm hoping SI eradicates this in a future patch; I am definite that Sheikh Al-Thani, the Málaga owner, has and will not be this tight to allow a club, which he has invested a wad of money into, fall into debt. Terrible. One question, have you lads changed the chairman from a 'Background Sugardaddy' to a 'Foreground Sugardaddy'? :thup:

Gone from being top of the league 15 games in to not winning a game in something like 6 matches; my morale is abysmal and i have to play barcelona twice within 3 days of each other...

with injuries/key players out on ACON i seriously don't think there's a chance i can recover from this, extremely frustrating

I'm hoping SI eradicates this in a future patch; I am definite that Sheikh Al-Thani, the Málaga owner, has and will not be this tight to allow a club, which he has invested a wad of money into, fall into debt. Terrible. One question, have you lads changed the chairman from a 'Background Sugardaddy' to a 'Foreground Sugardaddy'? :thup:

I hope so, They said he's worth around 3Billion and surprised I'm in red balance.

No, I haven't.

Málaga Club de Fútbol – End of Season Update - 2017/18

Last season Los Boquerones won 4 trophies (Supercopa, Copa del Rey, La Liga and the European Champions League). This season Malaga had another successful season, but it was not without its hiccups.

Of note, Juanmi won the Spanish Player of the Year award with 14 goals and 6 assists from 25 games with an average rating of 7.52. Cesc Fabregas and Gerard Pique came in 2nd and 3rd respectively.

FIFA Club World Cup

In an embarrassing display, my second team lost 3-2 to Pumas (MEX). We did trash Colon (ARG) 6-1 in the 3rd placed play-offs, but it should never have come to that. Kashima Antlers won the competition, winning 5-2 in the final.

La Liga

Yet again, the league came down to the wire but this time it was between Barcelona and myself. With 4 games left to be played and a game in hand over Barca, we were 1 point ahead as we travelled to the Camp Nou. In a terse match, we lost 4-3 thanks to a long range effort by Andres Iniesta in the 79th minute. Deflated, I basically conceded defeat in the league by playing mostly my second team and young kids in the remaining 3 games. Surprisingly to me, Barca lost their final game at 6th placed Villarreal, handing the league victory to us by 1 solitary point making it 4 wins from 5 seasons and the second back-to-back victory.

League18.png

Copa Del Rey

Again we had a fairly simple road to the Copa del Rey final, with us not losing a single game with us conceding just 4 goals in the 9 games we played while scoring 28 ourselves. Paulo Manuel (6 goals), Carlos Fierro (5 goals) and Arthur Timofeev (7.86 Average Rating) all performed well in this competition.

CopaDelRey18.png

UEFA European Champions League

As predicted, the group stages were fairly straight forward with us winning all six games with a goal differential of +14.

The Knock-out stages of the Champions League were quite tough, facing giants Arsenal, Real Madrid and Man City on the way to the final. During those 6 games we scored 14 goals and conceded 7. The final against Barcelona turned out far easier than I expected, with us demolishing them 4-1 with Danilo setting up 2 goals for Juanmi being the deciding factor.

UCL18.png

Squad

squad18.png

Not sure what to do with this squad, or if I want to continue with this save tbh. The worst players are all Spaniards (players I’d ideally like to keep to keep some Spanish players in the squad). I’ve also got about 5 players out on loan that could easily play a part in the first team squad. Andrea Bertolacci and Marc-Andre ter Stegen are the most likely departures if I continue this save past the 2018 World Cup, where I will hopefully be managing Spain to its second WC victory.

is fmrte easy to use , bit of a novice mate

yeah very easy. best thing is to do you change on it and then delete it as you can get carried away using it for scouting

you'll just need to download it. open it when your playing your game and click load. Search Malaga and double click on the team and it will give you a number of tabs (Information , Team etc.) on the info screen you will see the option to change the chairman (sugardaddy), once you changeit hit save on the top toolbar of FMRTE and your good to go

So quiet on here :( Seems everyone got bored of Malaga.

Definately not bored... just struggling ;)

Have a look at my post #1702 further up this page... Things have improved slightly now, having got some players back on track from injuries, and with morale beginning to pop in key players...

We've now played 12 games into La Liga, and have actually won the last 4 in a row :) Ron & Ruud still out with injuries, and so is Cazorla now (2 months!). I've had to ABUSE Juanmi up front, and he's done ok. Not scores that many although he gets a pretty decent amount of CCC's. His stats are however beginning to show the massive amount of first team football, which is of course a good thing.

Monreal also got injured (4-5 weeks) and with Bruno still out until february, I'll have to look at probably playing Duda from left back in a 4-back line, whilst playing Mathijsen if I have to field a 3-back line, which I've done occasionaly...

Have switched strategy during games, and instead of trying to hold onto possession and nice short passing, we're becoming settled with a way more direct approach. We're now sitting a bit deeper, waiting for opposition and striking fast and hard on the counter! It seems to suit the players way better, especially with all the heavy names out with injuries and all. The younger, more 'basic' squad players handle the direct style well enough to see me get the last decent run of results.

Eriksen has been outstanding. His amount of dribbles and key passes are enormous. Usually sitting on AML spot in an AP - Support role with no forward runs, sees him get the ball around midway line, cut inside, dribbling halfway across the field, and then deliver a CCC pass... He usually gets between 3-5 key passes per game. Amazing player!

We're still hitting way to much wood instead of net, and Caballero is still screwing up big time, and I can't remember having had a keeper make that many personal mistakes in FM. I'm VERY MUCH anticipating the january transfer window, when Carrasso comes in to replace him.

Also signed Douglas Costa to arrive when the window opens... Had a deal settled with Willian (the Shaktar one), but in the end he refused as he was worried about the training facilities at the club!!! I now hate him so much, that I've agreed with myself to never ever buy him on FM again, HAHAHA

Got Douglas costa instead, as he's a cheaper, only slightly poorer version of Willian and mostly because Joaquin has been absolute rubbish in my save so far. Louse morale and an average of 6.43 just doesn't cut it from a mega star like him...

I'll get back to the thread around january when my transfer window opens :)

Right guys, I've been offered and agreed a contract for Diego Buonanotte who has been transfer listed in the second season of my save. I've managed to get him or will manage to get him for £2m with £15k basic wage. Is this worth it and he'd be playing in a formation with three AMCs, what role would be his best?

yeah very easy. best thing is to do you change on it and then delete it as you can get carried away using it for scouting

you'll just need to download it. open it when your playing your game and click load. Search Malaga and double click on the team and it will give you a number of tabs (Information , Team etc.) on the info screen you will see the option to change the chairman (sugardaddy), once you changeit hit save on the top toolbar of FMRTE and your good to go

cheers Staf9 , i will give it a go .

Right guys, I've been offered and agreed a contract for Diego Buonanotte who has been transfer listed in the second season of my save. I've managed to get him or will manage to get him for £2m with £15k basic wage. Is this worth it and he'd be playing in a formation with three AMCs, what role would be his best?

He's a more than decent player; I've primarily used him as a substitute but, whenever he's come on, he's impressed. I would look to use him as a 'Attacking Midfielder' set to 'Attack' - he's best while running with the ball and he can pick a good pass too :thup:

He should be a good signing for you, NF :)

Just started a game as Malaga, and first transfer window ive brought in Mandanda and Tevez. 11m and 27m - Bit of a risk with Tevez but if i can keep him sweet i think ill have a good buy on my hands.

Havent played any League games yet, but will let you guys know how its going when the season kicks in.

First game in charge against Sevilla... 2-1 down after 60 minutes. Bring Tevez off the Bench.... Goes onto score a Hattrick in the next 30 minutes... 2 of which were in the space of 5 minutes!

Couldnt be happier with the comeback! Plus Hattrick on his Debut! Couldnt have asked any more from Tevez! Hope it continues!

Just started a Malaga game tonight and bought random players just for the sake of it, was struggling to get going with regards to results and managed to string a few wins together (scrapping a few 1-0 wins mostly) then this:

MlagavRMadridInformation_Overview.png

Happens!

Counter attacking football at it's finest and quite possibly the first time in my FM history that I've managed to get a result like that using a counter attacking tactic, starting to get into this whole Málaga thing now! :cool:

Just finished the fourth season and I won the Champions League and Copa del Rey. Delighted as I haven't changed the sugardaddy so doing it on a budget. Still haven't finished above Barca and Real in the league though. 5th in first season and 3rd the last three. Hopefully the extra money and reputation from the Champions League triumph can help me break their domestic dominance.

Hmm seem to have assembled a team of hatchet men here, 5 red cards in 15 games, anyone else seen anything like this?

Never had that many, I had a player whose entire career was AI managed and he finished his career with 68 red cards!

Same here! A huge dogfight for 3rd and 4th behind the two big Lebowski's...

After an abysmal start to the campaign (still in 1st season, see previous posts on this page), we've got it somewhat together now and mid march, we're bouncing between 3rd and 5th position with every game. Villareal, Valencia and Athletic the main contenders here... Bielsas Athletic seems almost very strong at least this season. How are they doing in your save? He switches between a regular, extremely fast paced 3-4-3 and an ultra defensive 5-2-3 formation... would love to get those tactics with his settings to have a look at ;)

Eriksen has been absolutely outstanding, and is leading the teams performance chart. Even above Cazorla, with whom I have some problems. Just can't make him play good consistently, and he keeps agreeing that he hasn't played to his best lately, when I approach him :S If only Eriksen had some better finishing skills, he'd be THE offensive midfielder in the game. But his dribbling, intelligence, and above all, passing skills is just so good, and watching him in the ME is really great. He still manages to get anywhere between 3-6 key passes during every game, and it's only because Rondon, Ruud and Juanmi all squander their CCC's that we're not securely in 3rd by now.

Buying Cedric Carrasso (GK) in the winter break have really made a difference. So far he hasn't made even ONE of the personal mistakes that Caballero did so many times before him, and he's surely given me some 4-8 points singlehandedly, making crucial saves in the close matches. The other winter signing, Douglas Costa (€8.5 mil!!!) , made an immediate impact, scoring on his debut. But after 3 goals and 2 assists in 6 appearances, he got his legs crushed in a two-footed tackle and is now out for the remainder of the season. Big time bummer, here's hoping he isn't completely broken stat-wise when he returns from that long term injury :S

How's Isco doing on your saves?

By the way, I started the save with patch 12.0.4 without editing chairman status or anything else. By november I was given the option the change the season expectations, including budget and all! I didn't get a bucket full of gold, but got some extra... I didn't expect that after reading this thread. Have anybody else experienced this, and what does this mean for the season 2 budget?

Finished my first season 3rd in La Liga! Very happy, level on points i was with Real in 2nd, only Games Vs stopped me being second!

Tevez managed a respectable 36 goals in 43 games for me. Again, another bonus and a far wack of the 27 mill paid off for him, bring on the 2nd season!

Also the board at the end of the season upgraded training facilities (at my request) and expanded the stadium by a further 6500 seats. Which is nice. Was getting an average of 99% attendance for pretty much every home match. So hopefully more fans jumping on the Malaga bandwagon!

Been inspired to do this by the thread :D. Currently in talks with Mandana over an £11.25m transfer from OM and gonna go for Eriksen. Might try and bring a backup striker in on loan too, will see what budget I have left after my two main targets

Don't know about Mandana, but any new keeper should be welcome. My season really started to improve when I got Cedric Carrasso in the winterbreak. Thought Caballero could do the job, but I was proven SO wrong ;)

And Eriksen is a definite must-have! I offered them €10 mil, all over 48 months, and they accepted straight away with a board intervention... At that price, he seems even better :D

Signed:

Steve Mandana from OM for £11.25m

Mladen Petric from HSV for £7.25m

Landon Donovan from LA Galaxy for £7m

Sold:

Enzo Maresca to Villarreal for £1.3m

Sebastian Fernandez to Vitesse for £2.1m

Eliseu to West Brom for £2.9m

Kris Stadsgraad to Espanyol on loan for £350k fee

Edinho to Almeria for £950k

Salomon Rondon to Wolves for £7.5m

Have £4.48m left to spend, any recommendations?

Yeah I sold him and replaced him with Petric. I like to change the team as much as possible and build my own empire sort of thing :). Not really had the funds for that this season, but will certainly do it as I go.

I need a right back, tried signing Van Der Wiel but they wanted far too much. Might have to find one on loan.

Archived