*OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Match Viewer

Love the look of this as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with the 3D engine. Sometimes the smaller changes and improvements are the best.

I like the new camera angles as well that has been added and how they have tidied up the crowds and stadiums. Even outside the stadiums have been tidied up as well.

Just wish I could get a decent graphics card for this Inspiron 530S that the missus wisely bought to play the graphics at maximum. Don't think there's many graphics cards that can run in this with only a 250 power unit ::::bloody package PCs::::

Like the new movements from officials re extra animations re referee also goalkeepers and injured player movement, gestures look good. Player passing and camera angles nice features.

Might even get some of those luddite 2D guys to give 3D a go!!!!

K ;)

I like the new 3d improvemnts a lot, but I am still waiting to see the manager on the bench, giving to the managers different personalities, so you could see a manager shouting at his team all the time or another one sitting all the time even when he is winning against barcelona.. how long must we wait for this? :(

This! And i think it would be so easy, imo, to implement. Put the manager on the bench, and create a couple of different animations reagarding his personality. Maybe in FM2013! :D

I think a Stadium Editor could be a huge feature in next versions... think about it, SI.

No news about sound, will be the same sounds again?

I saw some bugs in video, like players "levitate" sometimes... but, i hope that bug will fixed in first or second patch.

And, for me, a little frustration to don't see features in training system...

This! And i think it would be so easy, imo, to implement. Put the manager on the bench, and create a couple of different animations reagarding his personality. Maybe in FM2013! :D

Adding on to this. How about having your manager get up, when you use the "shouts" or make tactical adjustments, and make some gestures from the technical area...wouldn't have thought it'd be too difficult to script it to changes in tactics. If the opposition managers did this too it would also give a visual indicator of a change in tactics from either side.

Although this is more of an idea for future incarnations.

To keep it on topic, it looks a lot better than previous versions and I like the idea of scarfs, flags and flares if appropiate....imagine those Euro Champion Cup games away to places like....err....only place that comes to mind immediately is Galatasary...but I'm sure other places have that sort of crowd activity :).

As much as it pains me to say it...an European night at Anfield with the Kop full of flags and such....oh wait...forgot the Kop is a relic of a bygone era of Liverpool pride ;)

I like the new 3d improvemnts a lot, but I am still waiting to see the manager on the bench, giving to the managers different personalities, so you could see a manager shouting at his team all the time or another one sitting all the time even when he is winning against barcelona.. how long must we wait for this? :(

Wouldn't you rather spend their time giving most major A.I. managers different personalities in managing, use of players, reactions to press and treatment?

It's much more important.

The match engine has come a long way and for all the stats scouting training and media this is where any football game culminates. Its where your hard work comes to fruition, you have bought a new Goalkeeper will he perform, your star striker is under performing, your defence having a howler, the crowd upset or happy These are the things it should portray and year after year this is the area I get more impressed with. I hope the crowd sound has been worked on too to add atmosphere but if not I sure it will come sson.

One thing I would like to see is the dugouts not been so generic, every stadium has a different style some are actually set back into the stadium but I sure these will come over the next couple of release. All in All from FM2009 its a MASSIVE step forward :-)

Bit of a weird one for me, this.

I think the 3D match engine was what first got me more interested in playing FM (I'm a n00b, only started playing the series with FM11). I thought "ooh, this looks cool". However, as I became more interested in the game itself and really playing it I soon switched to 2D view to really assess my team. I like that I can really see the formations in 2D and it also seems to give me the clearest indication of differences in pace between players. Obviously things like sliding tackles and what exactly happened when an injury occurs are rather obscure but the commentary helps.

I still think I'm going to be tempted to stick with 2D for serious watching. It's a shame, really but I also confess I don't see how 3D could be made to do what I'd really want so this isn't at all any kind of complaint about the developments. The 3D matches do look great. But viewing a game for optimal management decisions, I think 2D is going to be the choice.

That's not a great graphics card, and it's onboard, check with some computer shops in your area if they can sideport some memory on there - might help. But it would heavily depend on the type of processor, you're unlikely to get good 3D graphics though.

The min Specs for FM12 say

Graphics: 128MB

Supported Chipsets – Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater

Thanks, but what do you mean sideport memory? I can have about another 3GB on my laptop, which is a quad core processor- but how does ths effect the graphical quality? I can play on medium, and it's good, i can have all the graphic features, but it's not as lovely as what is shown on the blog.

Kept being distracted by Miles' eyebrow's, they appear to have a life of their own & move independently from the rest of his body.

Lol. agreed!

On topic - A lot the animations I saw were the same as last years FM, or seemed to be, like players falling over and holding there legs. Nothing new about that.

3d is greyed out in preferences, so i cannot even tweak the quality to play in 3d.

FM11 worked fine but it seems I need a new laptop to play in 3d. Are there workarounds to get the 3d tickable again? Please!.

3d is greyed out in preferences, so i cannot even tweak the quality to play in 3d.

FM11 worked fine but it seems I need a new laptop to play in 3d. Are there workarounds to get the 3d tickable again? Please!.

Whats your system specs, i get fm11 played but fm12 is abit more advanced

As mentioned in the video blog, we've added a couple of new variations to the outside scenes to cater for this, and will continue to add new ones over time.

I'm curious about these. Did you add some trees aswell, couse the scenery was dead as far as FM11 was concerned. It's all fluff to some, but when you make the efford to make it look real, do it well.

I feel the guys who mention the britishness of the stadiums have a point also. Italy with it's uncovered curva's is a good example. But how about a 'less than four stands' stadium, like is often the case in lower league. Most grounds in lower league only have a small main stand and the rest is just some advertisement where supporters stand behind. Some agricultural land with trees in the background (lower league football grounds are often surrounded by a row of trees, well in Holland they are). I played the demo with Port Vale and played away to Builth Wells FC in a friendly. The stadium was more like that of a league 1 club than the amateur pitch with single tiny covered stand it really is.

Another thing that I thought was a bit annoying (and I believe it was the same in FM11) is the brightness of the ropes that hold the goals net in place. Especially when a match is played at night/evening these ropes stand out very much and when the camera turns they seem to flicker (parts turn black and then white again). This is a minor issue off course, but it is kind of distracting. In real life these ropes are hardly visible. I suggest to ajust the colour of these ropes from bright white to a more dull tone of grey so they won't stand out this much.

And in line with that, I've noticed some stadiums with bright white seats. Apart from the fact that stadiums with white seats are not so common IRL (they probably get dirty quickly), and the particular stadiums aren't white IRL at all (Port Vale (dark yellow) and Telstar (blue and red) this white almost hurts the eye and also seems to flicker at camera-turns. Some other colours do too (like bright red), but the white is the worst. Seats shouldn't be luminescant IMO.

Note: I have only seen the 3d matches in low-graphics.

• 3 months later...

I like the 3D view... at beggining, then, the fisics and the AI became irritating, my tactics its not reflected in the game, the players should press the other team, but they get away of the ball, all the time and it's make the game frustrating, why the players don't press the other team, why the forwarders don't give a pass to the free player at side, and even when my tactic says that they have to try to get to the goal they always shoot from far away. You have to work a lot in this...

Sorry for the bad english :p

• 2 months later...

suggestion: if anyone out there is stupid enough to think "improvements have been made"....try actually watching a real game of football and then watch a game on FM and see if these supposed improvements look like they've happened. because on every FM game I've played, the football played is always the same pathetic viewing...when a game isn't going the way you plan, its not because the opposition is playing really great football. it's the opposite! suddenly, your players forget how to play football and lose all sense of awareness and danger of opposition players and positioning and just start running around like headless chickens! even while watching this video, you see a perfect example of how backwards the football is this game is made to look...a low cross goes in and an own goal is scored...the defender scoring the own goal facing the wrong way and the ball bounces off his back and rolls over the line...because, of course, he wouldn't be watching where the ball is coming from :|

maybe its just me but I like football in a game to look like it could actually be a reality in terms of the performance

Archived