The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours that we're now apparently turning our attention to Jimmy Kebe. Didn't a Reading fan in here (SCIAG?) say that he definitely wasn't going to leave Reading to join another English team or something? I can't see us signing him tbh.

west ham have hijacked the Gradel deal apparently' date=' bid £3m in the last hour...[/quote']

When Leeds played West Ham the other week, they said it looks likely that Gradel will be playing back here again, with West Ham strongly interested in him.

Jelavić to Leicester City? Strange, I thought he'd be getting offers by EPL clubs by now. Once a Hajduk reject, now a very good player, no doubt. He's been given good minutes for Croatia, Bilić thinks very highly of him.

Sounds like Beckford is looking most likely for us on the striker front. Never really proven himself above League One level, has he?

Not that he couldn't be great at this level, just seems a bit of a risk. Not as much as spending £8mil on an SPL player of course, but still.

Sounds like Beckford is looking most likely for us on the striker front. Never really proven himself above League One level, has he?

Not that he couldn't be great at this level, just seems a bit of a risk. Not as much as spending £8mil on an SPL player of course, but still.

Beckford didn't do half bad in the PL for someone who was on the bench a lot (particularly at the start). Think his record is something like 1 in 3/1 in 4? He'll do well in the championship imo.

only because he hardly played, i think hes played 24 games in the last 2 seasons, and i would guess a lot of them were sub appearances, id be amazed if he manages over 20 games for brighton this season

Yeah he can play anywhere across the midfield. Presume you're playing 4-5-1? Nolan would be a liability in a 4 man midfield.

Yeah, 4-4-1-1 really. We've looked so much better with Faubert on right wing this year, so much more balanced having a proper wide man than Collison. I'd have the same worries about Lansbury.

Ridgewell would make me very happy.

quite glad we've already played leicester and west ham once now :D

We haven't signed anyone yet, cms. Everything seems to be stalling. :(

Only business we've actually done all day is making N'Guessan' loan move to Millwall permanent and sending a kid out on loan to Bury for a month.

Archived