How is Balotelli doing in your game?

He is an average skilled first team coach in Fiorentina on my save, his playing career was nothing special, but he has a decet average rating overall. He finished his playing days after the 2021/2022 season. History only sho leaguegames but according to that he played 267 games scored 77 goals, had 35 assists and an average rating of 7, 09. He also have 70 caps, 39 goals.

Got free transferred in December 2010. Briefly moved to Saudi Arabia, for 6 months before moving to Sunderland in a £10M deal.

Scored 12 goals in 33 league games for the Black Cats last season. 1 in 3 this season, they have played 6 games. Only in October 2012 on this save mind.

It looks like he's taking more drastic steps to ensure he gets first team action this season...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14828585

:D

"Arguably the greatest player of all - the Argentinian, Diego Maradona - was well-known for his allegedly close relationship with several Camorra godfathers during his time playing for Napoli in the 1980s." - Why?

I signed him for my Sunderland side from Man City in 2013 after they banded him about for 3.5 million and no one would touch him. He was immense for me. Bags of pace, and could play up front or out wide. He moaned once not long after signing and I thought 'Oh, here we go...' I told him to STFU and I didn't here another peep out of him (of course, he started every game he was fit for). Second to last game of the season he won me the Premier League with a rocket 30-yard free kick - against Man City!

Man City just released him in my Unione Venezia save, after he started a staggering 15 times in four seasons. Torino picked him up for a trial, but apparently didn't like what they saw. As a joke, I then offered him a joke trial (Venezia are newly-promoted to Serie B) and he accepted. I joke played him in two games. He scored in one and missed a joke penalty in the other. I offered him a joke contract and he (joke??) accepted, at just €4.2K p/w (minimum release of €1m). Since then, several other teams have made offers, but I'm hoping he accepts mine so I can then cancel it. As a joke.

hahahahahahaha :D:D so funny :)

It's the start of the 2014/2015 season and Man City keep offering me Balotelli for 5million.....however i'm manager of Bayern Munich and already have Neymar, Lukaku and Gomez upfront, so i cant really see where hes going to fit in! plus got a couple of decent youth strikers pushing for first team games. Balotelli would be a great signing for a middle of the table, EURO cup qualifying team, but his wages are ridiculous...110,000 per week.

Balotelli Watch Update 2:

BalolololotelliHistory_CareerStats-3.png

Started 24 league games for Piacenza as they finished rock bottom of Serie A. Scored twice. Added a third in the Coppa Italia. Sadly, Mario didn't much like the look of Serie B, believing it to be beneath him. After considering his options, he moved to silly little Chievo for all of €1.2m. Also earned a wage bump in the process. Now makes a princely €13K p/w.

How will he fare with a second relegation-tipped Serie A club?! Stay tuned!

He's retired on my game, left Man City for £5 million to play for Barcelona, averaged about 18 games a season, he retired with 250 appearences, 91 was goals and an average rating above 7. Not bad compared to most of your games. He is now a crap scout for Sunderland.

He won quite a bit with Barcelona and won the Euro's with Italy.

Got free transferred in December 2010. Briefly moved to Saudi Arabia, for 6 months before moving to Sunderland in a £10M deal.

Scored 12 goals in 33 league games for the Black Cats last season. 1 in 3 this season, they have played 6 games. Only in October 2012 on this save mind.

Annual update: 5 goals in 19 games in 2012-13, Sunderland have transfer listed him, hes obviously annoyed the manager or something because he was actually a hit in the first season but 2012-13, he was just average but still a regular. He is still in the reserves despite Sunderland only having two fit striker right now.... Shame, I thought he was going to be a big hit there.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to see how he does on this version compared to last version.

Hasn't featured for City's first team (at least in the league) in my first FM12 save. Tried loaning him with Ajax in the second season, but the guy is on such a high wage (and City demand a lot of it to be paid by me; not gonna happen..) I gave up.

On the demo for me, I mainly used him off the bench and he played well, warranted a starting spot and hit a hattrick as I stuffed Liverpool 5-2. He then won Young Player of the Month for me in December, showing great potential and I've kept him under control. Haven't got the full game yet but hope his good form will continue.

The players' devlopment is heavliy influenced by "determination" and "professionalism" (maybe "ambition", I am not sure). My guess is that Balotelli has low values in these attributes and therefore develops badly in FM12.

Not entirely unrealistic, but perhaps there should be a chance to make him reach the top with the right man management skills.

Currently in season 5 (FM11)

Season 1: Played just 5 games for City with 1 assist to show for it as well as playing 1 Europa League match.

Season 2: City actually gave him a good chance and he did ok, 7 goals and 3 assists in 18 matches, also 2 matches in the cup, 2 goals in 6 in Europe and even 4 goals in 5 games for Italy.

Season 3: Completely ignored by City, just one substitute appearance in the cup.

Season 4: Slightly better, 1 start and 2 sub appearances in the cup.

Season 5: At the start, he looks to have been dumped in the reserves.

• 1 month later...

he's doing great in my game. although i did sign him for my team. He is my 4th striker and i play cavanni, fierro & levazzi ahead of him. He gets around 15 to 20 games per season and funnily enough, doesn't moan. I haven't heard a peep out of him in 5/6 seasons. profesional to the tee

• 6 months later...

Archived