FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uncle Ron - loving this - one typo (if it has already been mentioned then apologies) - the Zamaretto Div One Central is showing as Southern League First Division Central (the others all say Zamaretto).

Glad you are enjoying the file.

There are no typos in my file.

Are you using a .inc edit file which renames the league. If yes... that is the cause of the problem.

great great work Uncle Ron as Always.

COuld i ask you if this year ... you plan to extend you work? to 10 or more down level ... ?

Marco

Whilst I would love to play at Level 9 and manage in the Hellenic League, I do not plan to extend this work beyond the realms of Levels 7 and 8 for FM2011. Primarily because promotion between Levels 8 and 9 cannot be replicated as per real life.

There is already another update that provides an English League expansion with the aim of going as low as possible so it would be unnecessary for me to go to all that length and input an awful lot of data.

Glad you are enjoying the file.

There are no typos in my file.

Are you using a .inc edit file which renames the league. If yes... that is the cause of the problem.

Apologies - you were right was the .inc (wasn't pointing at the right id for the S1C division) - first place I should have looked (plenty of practice over the years)

Apologies - you were right was the .inc (wasn't pointing at the right id for the S1C division) - first place I should have looked (plenty of practice over the years)

All my leagues are listed as Northern,Southern & Istmian, could anyone explain how to change this?

Thanks for all your hard work

Thanks Uncle Ron.

I have searched for over an hour for club and competiton logos. I know this is not the forum to ask but I would be thankful for any help.

Sites such as sortitoutsi usually have a good range of club and competition logos to download.

All my leagues are listed as Northern,Southern & Istmian, could anyone explain how to change this?

Thanks for all your hard work

In creating these leagues fro scratch it was simpler for me to work with the actual, rather than the sponsorship names, for each division.

If I release a future build then I aim to rename all English leagues, cups and the awards to the sponsorship names.

In creating these leagues fro scratch it was simpler for me to work with the actual, rather than the sponsorship names, for each division.

If I release a future build then I aim to rename all English leagues, cups and the awards to the sponsorship names.

Why don't you create a LNC file with the competition name changes? They work in save games.

Thats fine Uncle Ron, I thought that mine had reverted back to original for some reason, I think I might be able to live with this one!!!!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question as im not an expert in these technical issues: There will be a hotfix soon because of this

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234374-New-season-wont-start!?highlight=fixtures

and the spanish bug. The hotfix itself will be save game compatible but is it likely that i have to start a new game then because the hotfix will not be compatible with this file here? I dont want to start it now and then again have to restart (for the third time then) when i install the hotfix. Thanks for help.

Sorry if this is a stupid question as im not an expert in these technical issues: There will be a hotfix soon because of this

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234374-New-season-wont-start!?highlight=fixtures

and the spanish bug. The hotfix itself will be save game compatible but is it likely that i have to start a new game then because the hotfix will not be compatible with this file here? I dont want to start it now and then again have to restart (for the third time then) when i install the hotfix. Thanks for help.

Sorry but I don't see what the link has anything to do with this league expansion file.

I have tested this file until 2020 and no crashes occur. Furthermore I have disabled the SI Con N/S league to enable 6 team promotion / relegation between levels 6 and 7.

Sorry but I don't see what the link has anything to do with this league expansion file.

I have tested this file until 2020 and no crashes occur. Furthermore I have disabled the SI Con N/S league to enable 6 team promotion / relegation between levels 6 and 7.

Maybe its my bad english (im not from England), sorry for that, your file is working perfectly fine at the moment. My concern was, when the hotfix because of the mentioned problems will be released from SI in the next days, if this could lead to problems with your file with regard to compatibility. Maybe someone else understands me, otherwise please forget it.:-)

Maybe its my bad english (im not from England), sorry for that, your file is working perfectly fine at the moment. My concern was, when the hotfix because of the mentioned problems will be released from SI in the next days, if this could lead to problems with your file with regard to compatibility. Maybe someone else understands me, otherwise please forget it.:-)

... well, mate, I'm 100% sure that a hotfix can't create "conflicts" with uncle's file. Only a database change could generate some problems to look eventually at, so play without fear :thup:

Build 11.1.25 can only be guaranteed to work when starting and playing a game with Patch 11.1.0 and Data Update 11.1.0.

If SI release any Hotfix or subsequent patch then I can only check compatibility once these have been released. If there are problems then I will issue a fresh build.

It's a shame my team don't play as well as the database.

Also a bugger about the losing custom views, formation/tactics screen always going to one player's specific instructions when I click on it when I want it to show my team first like normal and the sometimes smooth sometimes jerky 3D match engine. SI need to sort these out.

Build 11.1.25 can only be guaranteed to work when starting and playing a game with Patch 11.1.0 and Data Update 11.1.0.

If SI release any Hotfix or subsequent patch then I can only check compatibility once these have been released. If there are problems then I will issue a fresh build.

Since it is out now, will you run some tests?

Anyone here installed the hotfix already and can assure that everything works fine?

Firstly, many thanks to Uncle Ron for doing this again. I used the FM2010 version and absolutely loved it.

One question if I may - I always add my own fantasy club and start them off in the BSN replacing Vauxhall (because that's a car, not a football club!!!!). Anyway, with Ilkeston's departure I've just added my team (using the unedited Db) so that it's back up to 22 clubs.

Ran a couple of seasons in holiday mode and it all works fine - 3 promoted and 3 relegated each season, which suggests SI coding is felxible enough to adapt if we bring the BSN back up to full strength at the start of the game.

If I now do this is conjunction with adding your edit will that cause any problems? I note you've said that you elected not to re-instate Ilkeston, not that it couldn't be done (and this is essentially what I'm doing).

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE

Thanks for your support so far and nearly 500 downloads!

I am currently working on Version 2 of the English Levels 7 and 8 which will include:

• Realistic fixture scheduling
  • Rebuilt FA Trophy with geographical draws for the qualifying stages
  • Rebuilt FA Cup to include all qualifying rounds whilst keeping the competition integrity intact through the retention of TV dates and TV money
  • Realistic loan, transfer, trialist and match rules for Levels 7 and 8
  • Plus more...

This involves starting building these leagues and competitions from scratch and this is very much a longer term project.

So far I have built a realistic working Level 7 with promotion / relegation with Level 6 that has been tested without crashes until 2017. Work now commences on Level 8...

I hope to keep you all updated on my progress and potential release dates.

Ron

Another update on the progress of Version 2....

Levels 7 and 8 appear to work correctly as well as promotion / relegation to levels 6 and 9 respectively. League, fixture, loan and match rules are set and also appear to be working correctly.

Over the past few days I've been working on rebuilding the FA Cup and FA Trophy.

Some screenshots of the FA Cup Preliminary Round draw (which is regionalised) and FA Cup Schedule are below. I'm very please with the results having managed to retain the integrity of the competition and name the rounds as per the real life names.

FACupSchedule.png

FACupPreliminaryRoundDraw.png

Work now starts on the Level 7 and 8 specific cups and then to finalise the outstanding SI data.

Is this a build using the Advanced Rules?

If so I'm very much looking forward to this.

Yes I have been working with the Advanced Rules. First time I have dabbled outside of the realms of the SI out of the box editor and surprised how quickly I've been able to pick it up.

The Builds are going very well. The leagues have been created, FA Cup and FA Trophy rebuilt and tested until 2019 yesterday without any crash dumps or league failures.

Potentially an initial release in the next fortnight.

Update

The build is now complete and final testing is now in progress.....

Version 2 will be released by the end of the week and will include:

• Ilkeston added back into Conference North for ease of League system

• Correct Discipline Rules added

• Correct Fixture Rules added

• Trialists can play in league fixtures in Levels 7 and 8

• Added Administration rules giving 10 point deduction up to last Friday in March

• Added realistic fixture scheduling including matchdays on Bank Holidays, Boxing Day and New Years Bank Holidays

• Added realistic league sorting and match configuration for Play-Off fixtures

• Added FA Ground Grading Requirements for National League System to force non-league ground improvements so you don't end up in League Two with a 2000 capacity stadium! (Football League =min 5000 inc 1000 seats, Step 1 = min 4000 inc 500 seats, Step 2 = min 3000 inc 250 seats, Step 3 = min 1950 inc 250 seats and Step 4 = min 1300 inc 150 seats)

• Rebuilt SI FA Cup without loss of features to include Preliminary Round and 1st Qualifying Round. Qualifying rounds have a regionalised draw.

• Rebuilt SI FA Trophy without loss of features to include Preliminary Round and 1st Qualifying Round. Qualifying rounds have a regionalised draw.

• Added Northern Premier League Challenge Cup

• Added Isthmian League Cup

• Added Southern League Cup

• Added Northern Premier League President's Cup

• Added Northern Premier League Chairman's Cup

• Added u18 youth leagues for all Level 7 and 8 teams to enter

Update

• Added FA Ground Grading Requirements for National League System to force non-league ground improvements so you don't end up in League Two with a 2000 capacity stadium! (Football League =min 5000 inc 1000 seats, Step 1 = min 4000 inc 500 seats, Step 2 = min 3000 inc 250 seats, Step 3 = min 1950 inc 250 seats and Step 4 = min 1300 inc 150 seats)

Not familiar with those rules in real life. How does this affect the game/real life?

Will a club who achieved promotion get promotion still, but board will be forced to expand stadium by certain date or something?

(if so; yey! :D)

Not familiar with those rules in real life. How does this affect the game/real life?

Will a club who achieved promotion get promotion still, but board will be forced to expand stadium by certain date or something?

(if so; yey! :D)

In real life a team is normally denied promotion when the ground capacity doesn't meet the Ground Grading requirements or they cannot fulfil the obligation to increase the capacity / seating by a certain date.

In game this works by forcing the clubs to increase capacity after they have achieved promotion. Sometimes this is immediate once the new season has started or sometimes clubs start work towards the end of the season so the improvements are in-place for the second season in the higher division.

Only potential impact is on finances.... however this is a realistic impact and will certainly benefit the club in the longer term.

Certainly looking forward to this. I'll probably start a new game.

Good to hear!

By the way... I fixed the FA Cup runner up not qualifying for Europa League issue when winner qualified for Europe via other means....need to input RUNNER UP CAN QUALIFY rather than RUNNER UP QUALIFIES FOR EUROPA LEAGUE (IF DOMESTIC MAIN CUP) field

In real life a team is normally denied promotion when the ground capacity doesn't meet the Ground Grading requirements or they cannot fulfil the obligation to increase the capacity / seating by a certain date.

In game this works by forcing the clubs to increase capacity after they have achieved promotion. Sometimes this is immediate once the new season has started or sometimes clubs start work towards the end of the season so the improvements are in-place for the second season in the higher division.

Only potential impact is on finances.... however this is a realistic impact and will certainly benefit the club in the longer term.

Thank you!

Yes I agree, its a potential financial problem there and then. But i find it more realistic also.

Good feature to implement. I will try out this mod in near future. thanks :)

Archived