FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

so the "bug" is that there are back to back games played ?

just trying to figure out if I should wait for fix or continue with my game. If this is all it is I think I will continue forward.

It just means there are two games back to back. All the teams will be in the same boat I guess, but I feel it doesn't reflect the real life fixtures.

Which reminds me how much of a pain the fixtures were to get spot on for my New Zealand League.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody seeing an abnormally high amount of transfer activity? Its december in my game and half the clubs in the league have signed over 10 players.... with one club signing 17. As its mostly out of contract players, I think it might be related to using a custom database with added english players. Any thoughts?

if i wanted to replace andover with my pub team, how would this be done?

Two ways:

1. simplest is find Andover in th eeditor and just change the name to your pub team's name. That way your pub team will have all the attributes of Andover.

2. better is to create a new team, fill in all the details yourself. Create your mates as players and staff and add them to your team. That pretty easy, in the menus at the top of the editor screen is the option to create new clubs and staff. Then swap Andover for your new club. Takes a bit longer but is far more satisfying that way.

Anybody seeing an abnormally high amount of transfer activity? Its december in my game and half the clubs in the league have signed over 10 players.... with one club signing 17. As its mostly out of contract players, I think it might be related to using a custom database with added english players. Any thoughts?

The number of transfers must be as a result of the Level 7 and 8 teams building squads as these levels are not always fully researched, so the teams start the game with smaller squads.

As stated in the opening post, there are technical reasons why loading all players from England is required.

Hello Ron (fellow Swindon supporter) I sent a personal message to your other address but have not got a reply,so when you get time please,thanks.

Hi sorry for not replying sooner.

Have you extracted the 16 Uncle Ron Level 7 and 8 files into an 'editor data' folder in the correct location?

Follow the steps in post no.2 to activate the dbc files in game.

Version 2.3 including the fixes to the Boxing Day fixture scheduling problem and 3 other cosmetic corrections is now released.

See Post #2 for full information and download.

I've found ground for improvement and aim to work towards releasing a Version 3. As soon as I have more information I will keep you all updated

Aren't you going to give us a tease and tell us what might be in Version 3? :)

Unfortunately not just yet as I need to ensure what I want to achieve can be delivered. Hopefully I will be able to advise sooner rather than later :)

Ron.. I did a test to see what would happen starting a new game with just a small database and you are right. The first teams in Ryman D1 North are littered with youth players. Unfortunately that did not need to be the case as the database is actually pretty decent for Level 7 and 8 clubs. All the clubs I checked have between 16 and 21 senior players... but the stupid AI has stuck half of them in the reserves and placed them on transfer list...then made up the first team numbers by creating youth players and sticking them in the first team. :)

Update: I did another test with the extra english players added... and the starting squads are pretty much the same for the clubs I looked at. still littered with youth. I decided to start a new game with the small database just to see how it pans out transferwise in the future.

Ron.. I did a test to see what would happen starting a new game with just a small database and you are right. The first teams in Ryman D1 North are littered with youth players. Unfortunately that did not need to be the case as the database is actually pretty decent for Level 7 and 8 clubs. All the clubs I checked have between 16 and 21 senior players... but the stupid AI has stuck half of them in the reserves and placed them on transfer list...then made up the first team numbers by creating youth players and sticking them in the first team. :)

Update: I did another test with the extra english players added... and the starting squads are pretty much the same for the clubs I looked at. still littered with youth. I decided to start a new game with the small database just to see how it pans out transferwise in the future.

From memory the 'add all players from nation England' only adds an additional 1000 players into the database.

The reason why I strongly recommend this is used is because without this the game does not automatically retain all clubs in Level 9 into the game database when setting up a new game, so the leagues become distorted as the incorrect balance of teams are promoted into Level 8.

If you don't want to load all players from England then the alternative for you is to create a edt file to retain all clubs from Level 9. Either way, this will ultimately retain the same amount of players in the database, so it is easier to just use my suggestion to retain all players.

Thanks for the info. In my game it adds 2000 players. I figured I would try the small database just to see if it would make the transfer market a little tougher and perhaps reduce number of free signings a bit. But losing level 9 clubs from the game would be a bigger concern. Thanks again.

uncle ron, if I wanted to create my own team and add them into the Zamaretto 1st Div Midlands, which editor file (of the 16 you've created) would I need to load in order for them to be present? I tried it without loading anything other than the 11.1 SI Database, and then enabling all your files (version 2) plus my edited file, and I got a Crash Dump. Your files all work fine if I edit nothing, but not in conjunction with mine...

Note - this was all done before your latest version 2.3 update, so it's not an issue with that one (I haven't downloaded that one yet!)

Note 2 - Great Work with all of this! The advanced panel changes this year have really made this the best lower level update I've used!

uncle ron, if I wanted to create my own team and add them into the Zamaretto 1st Div Midlands, which editor file (of the 16 you've created) would I need to load in order for them to be present? I tried it without loading anything other than the 11.1 SI Database, and then enabling all your files (version 2) plus my edited file, and I got a Crash Dump. Your files all work fine if I edit nothing, but not in conjunction with mine...

Note - this was all done before your latest version 2.3 update, so it's not an issue with that one (I haven't downloaded that one yet!)

Note 2 - Great Work with all of this! The advanced panel changes this year have really made this the best lower level update I've used!

For the Zamaretto Central leagues you need to look in eng_reg_first_division_22_teams and make the changes there to replace one of the existing teams on one of your own.

Glad you've enjoyed using my update!

Will this ever include even lower leagues with advanced rules?

To add lower than level 8 requires an extensive amount of data to be input. It is not my intention to go below Levels 7 and 8... rather to make these levels as perfect as possible :)

For the Zamaretto Central leagues you need to look in eng_reg_first_division_22_teams and make the changes there to replace one of the existing teams on one of your own.

Glad you've enjoyed using my update!

Thanks very much for that. I'll give it a go, and let you know if it works or not!

I've signed a couple to youth contracts.

Nobby, were they greyed out players or players your staff recommended? I can sign grayed out players to youth contracts.... but I have been unable to sign any youngsters found by my staff to youth contracrs. They all want first team contracts... even the 15 year olds.

Have you tested the files with Ilkeston taken back out?

I'm just wondering, as only 5 teams get relegated from that level, you would only have 21 teams in one of the Regional Premier Divisions, so if you made a file for this for a 21 team league so that one less team is relegated, the game should sort out the teams eventually.

Have you tested the files with Ilkeston taken back out?

I'm just wondering, as only 5 teams get relegated from that level, you would only have 21 teams in one of the Regional Premier Divisions, so if you made a file for this for a 21 team league so that one less team is relegated, the game should sort out the teams eventually.

I could do this and use the add team to child competition but I haven't had chance to do this yet.

Nobby, were they greyed out players or players your staff recommended? I can sign grayed out players to youth contracts.... but I have been unable to sign any youngsters found by my staff to youth contracrs. They all want first team contracts... even the 15 year olds.

There were unattached players, not greys.

Hi, the reason why it is important to load all players from England is that the game doesn't retain all clubs in Level 9 when starting a new game. Clubs like Scarborough Athletic are missing so there becomes an imbalance with the teams promoted and clubs get shifted around to their wrong regions.

You could put all level 9 teams into a non-active "lower division", that way the game would retain all those clubs. Or do they have to be set for all the level 9 divisions?

You could put all level 9 teams into a non-active "lower division", that way the game would retain all those clubs. Or do they have to be set for all the level 9 divisions?

All level 9 teams are already within a non-active lower division

Aren't you going to give us a tease and tell us what might be in Version 3? :)
I have a good guess at what it is...

Thanks for the update btw.

Well..... what I have been looking at for Version 3 is including the top level County Cups into the file. By top level I mean those competitions that feature at least 1 Level 1-5 team, i.e. the Wiltshire FA Premier Shield that includes Swindon Town, Salisbury City, Chippenham Town and Swindon Supermarine.

My problem with the County Cups in game is that they clutter up the fixture schedule and unrealistically high attendances are found at these competitions. The AI finds it hard to schedule these comps and often seeks to play the first teams when the cups are actually of little interest.

To get around this, if there is enough support for me including the County Cups, I plan to create these as reserve competitions.

This is normally how they operate IRL with the comps offering reserve team plays and upcoming youths the chance to get competitive games, even for teams in Levels 5-8.

Whilst they are reserve comps, the user can still control those teams and play their strongest team if they so wish and collect more silverware.

I'm aware the RTC file created these comps to have the reserve teams of the Football League enter rather than the first team, however this means that the first teams of current non-league teams will always be set to play, which can clutter up the schedule when you get Chippenham Town to the heights of Premier League and Champions League football the County Cup!

So what do you all think... would you be interested in County Cups set as reserve comps??

I've followed the instructions but It still doesn't work, am i doing it wright a bag with download comes up I click on hit comes up with a box saying open, save or cancel I click save, save into the football manager sports interactive folder editor data, I've done the bit about prefences.

I've followed the instructions but It still doesn't work, am i doing it wright a bag with download comes up I click on hit comes up with a box saying open, save or cancel I click save, save into the football manager sports interactive folder editor data, I've done the bit about prefences.

It does work. Just re-read the activation advices on the first page.

I'm aware the RTC file created these comps to have the reserve teams of the Football League enter rather than the first team, however this means that the first teams of current non-league teams will always be set to play, which can clutter up the schedule when you get Chippenham Town to the heights of Premier League and Champions League football the County Cup!

So what do you all think... would you be interested in County Cups set as reserve comps??

Presumably if you're the manager of Chippenham Town, you'll pick the reserves; the AI manager will never get Chippenham Town or any other non-league team to those heights, so I don't see a problem.

Presumably if you're the manager of Chippenham Town, you'll pick the reserves; the AI manager will never get Chippenham Town or any other non-league team to those heights, so I don't see a problem.

Not sure about the AI never getting non league teams to those heights...for how many seasons do you play your save? I've had the AI get R&D, Woking and Gloucester City get to the Premier League in 2030 in my FM2010 save and several others to Championship.

Not sure about the AI never getting non league teams to those heights...for how many seasons do you play your save? I've had the AI get R&D, Woking and Gloucester City get to the Premier League in 2030 in my FM2010 save and several others to Championship.

Yes, and you have Tycoon takeovers which can make small teams rise to glory fast...

Personally I have no interest in these cups being implemented. As i play a long save trying to get my team into the top divisions by building the club from scratch.

So in a 3-4 seasons those cups have no value at all for me normally, and I will then wish they where disabled :)

my 2 cents...

Personally I have no interest in these cups being implemented. As i play a long save trying to get my team into the top divisions by building the club from scratch.

So in a 3-4 seasons those cups have no value at all for me normally, and I will then wish they where disabled :)

my 2 cents...

So running them as reserve comps would allow you to have interest in them when you want to and ignore them after a few seasons...

Uncle Ron, when will you release a version for 11.2 patch?

As it has only just been released I've yet to test to see whether it has any implications for my file.

Are you implying you've tested and experienced problems?

As it has only just been released I've yet to test to see whether it has any implications for my file.

Are you implying you've tested and experienced problems?

Not yet, still downloading the new update. I just thought the previous version wouldn't be compatible with the new update. Will it?

Patch 11.2

Following the release of FM2011 Patch 11.2 today I can confirm that the existing Version 2 files are comptable.

Version 3.0 Update

I've started work on Version 3.0 which will be released when it's ready...

I'm keeping a running log of the new features in the changelist in Post #2, so keep tabs on those updates to find out what will be included and how it is progressing.

I can reveal...

I've now enabled all Level 8 divisions to run with 22 teams with 2 relegation places from the 2011/2012 season and rebuilt the cups so the change number changes do not affect them.

Also, I'm adding the County Cups, but as mentioned above these will be set as reserve competitions.

Hope you all continue to enjoy my league update! :)

Cheers

Ron

Thanks for the update!

I've noticed that in eng_reg_first.dbc file the Competition Level is 6. Shouldn't it be 7?

When I manage a team at the 8 level there are only 9 reserves groups (but 21 youth groups) and my reserve team doesn't have any reserves fixtures.

What can I do to change it?

One more questions: if I want to add a new team to one of the Regional First Divisions won't it break the system?

Cheers!

Thanks for the update!

I've noticed that in eng_reg_first.dbc file the Competition Level is 6. Shouldn't it be 7?

When I manage a team at the 8 level there are only 9 reserves groups (but 21 youth groups) and my reserve team doesn't have any reserves fixtures.

What can I do to change it?

One more questions: if I want to add a new team to one of the Regional First Divisions won't it break the system?

Cheers!

I'll have a look at the competition level within eng_reg_first.dbc, although if it is 6 this doesn't seem to impact on anything as it is set elsewhere within the competitions tab in eng.dbc

I have set no reserve competitions for levels 7 and 8 as there are no formal competitions IRL. The settings are contained within eng.dbc if you want to change this.

If you want to add a new team to the regional first then this won't break it so long as you swap team for team

Archived