FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

Just wondering if there is a thread for people to tell eachother how there career is going so far??

Just started with ossett albon on Evo stick div north, Loving it, 4th in the table after 4 games, not lost yet. However, Got hammered 6-0 away by mossley in FA cup Pre rounds.!

You can always start a career update thread in the FM Career Update forum :)

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Red

The referee issue is nothing I can fix. SI are aware of the issue and thought they had fixed it for 10.2 Patch.... but they hadn't, they are looking into it again.

... Sure, uncle, I know you couldn't fix this issue, but, who knows, sometimes miracles could happen..... :D :

The problem evidently arises in Levels 7 and 8 because SI haven't coded the game to generate fake newgen referees to officiate at levels below the lowest playable league set in the box of the box game.

Uncle Ron, I don't know if you have come across this one before. I have just started my second season as Truro. Last season I won the Zameretto Premier and the Red Insure (Southern League) Cup. The Southern League Challenge Cup fixture has just been announced, which I believe is between the previous seasons league and cup winners and I am playing Manchester Utd at Old Trafford!!. They won the FA Cup last season but I thought I would play either the cup runners up Banbury or the league runner up Salisbury. Is this a bug or is it my "reward" for winning both competitions. I checked the previous season and the fixture was between Cambridge City and Farnborough which was correct. Not too bothered as it maybe a money spinner to bring some much needed funds (300k loss last season) as I have just been given a £8 transfer budget, not 8k, £8!!

Uncle Ron, I don't know if you have come across this one before. I have just started my second season as Truro. Last season I won the Zameretto Premier and the Red Insure (Southern League) Cup. The Southern League Challenge Cup fixture has just been announced, which I believe is between the previous seasons league and cup winners and I am playing Manchester Utd at Old Trafford!!. They won the FA Cup last season but I thought I would play either the cup runners up Banbury or the league runner up Salisbury. Is this a bug or is it my "reward" for winning both competitions. I checked the previous season and the fixture was between Cambridge City and Farnborough which was correct. Not too bothered as it maybe a money spinner to bring some much needed funds (300k loss last season) as I have just been given a £8 transfer budget, not 8k, £8!!

Thanks and sorry you have experienced a problem.

I'm already aware of this issue with the cup runner up not qualifying when the same team wins both competitions and a fix will be available later today in version 3.1.

Unfortunately you would need to start a new game for the changes to take effect.

hi...

this spreadsheet file includes all the final results of the southern league cup so the competition history will now be complete!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DJ4RW8MW

if you cnt open the file, (should open with excel or microsoft works spreadhsheet) tell me and il type them down for you

regards

hi...

this spreadsheet file includes all the final results of the southern league cup so the competition history will now be complete!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DJ4RW8MW

if you cnt open the file, (should open with excel or microsoft works spreadhsheet) tell me and il type them down for you

regards

Daniel thanks for the information!

I'll input shortly and hopefully be able to release v3.1 this evening.

Version 3.1 Released!

Version 3.1 is now released, see download and activation information in post #2 for full information.

The file includes the following fixes:

• Fixed leagues not scheduling fixtures on date of FA Cup 1st Round
  • Fixed league fixture scheduling avoiding clashes with all competitions that created fixture breaks
  • Altered all County Cups to not schedule the competitions on stage setup
  • Added Northern Premier League Peter Swales Challenge Shield
  • Added Isthmian League Charity Shield
  • Added Isthmian League Fair Play Awards
  • Added additional competition histories for Regional and County Cups
  • Fixed potential conflict between Preliminary Rounds scheduling for Evo-Stik President's Cup and Chairman's Cup if same club was involved in both competitions at that stage
  • Corrected Isthmian League Cup fixtures
  • Corrected fixture offsets for Southern League Cup
  • Corrected County Cup dates to ensure no clashes with new Isthmian and Southern League Cup dates
  • Fixed Manchester United appearing in Isthmian, Northern or Southern League Super Cups rather than Cup runner-up
  • Changed Wiltshire Premier Shield to 2 leg semi-final

Enjoy! :D

Quick question- love your FM10 expansion btw and still using it- is it possible to be able to withdraw from the small cups once your team gets big enough? Once you are in the football league would it be possible to enter your reserves at some point to a small competition like the Manchester County FA cup, or not play at all?

Quick question- love your FM10 expansion btw and still using it- is it possible to be able to withdraw from the small cups once your team gets big enough? Once you are in the football league would it be possible to enter your reserves at some point to a small competition like the Manchester County FA cup, or not play at all?

Unfortunately the competition picking of first or reserve teams is not dynamic, so if your club starts with a reputation of below 900 that team will always be set to play their first team in the County Cups.

Would it be possible to remove the county cups and not play them? If so, could you tell me how to do that?

If you PM me your email address I will send you a revised version of the file with the County Cups disabled.

Unfortunately the competition picking of first or reserve teams is not dynamic, so if your club starts with a reputation of below 900 that team will always be set to play their first team in the County Cups.

Ah well, figured it was like that. Perhaps something SI can take on board for the next version in the comp editor. Thanks again for the great expansion work!

Is there anything in this update that would cause players with blank names to appear? I've suddenly come across 3 in the first 2 days of my new game with Witton Albion, with all English players retained.

There shouldn't be anything as I haven't touched any players with this edit. Have you used any other files?

I'm using a few .dbc and .xml files for leagues. Although given your reaction - those shouldn't affect player names?

The only thing I can think of is that african database - I used it to try and get the Mali file to work. I'll have a go at a league with that removed, see what happens.

Thanks

I'm using a few .dbc and .xml files for leagues. Although given your reaction - those shouldn't affect player names?

The only thing I can think of is that african database - I used it to try and get the Mali file to work. I'll have a go at a league with that removed, see what happens.

Thanks

Did you ever establish the cause of your issue?

Not yet, I've tried removing what I thought were the most likely suspects, but now I'm going to have to delete everything and just re-add files one at a time.

I've found that just one day into a game, blank players appear in the transfer rumours and/or the AssMan's team report.

Not yet, I've tried removing what I thought were the most likely suspects, but now I'm going to have to delete everything and just re-add files one at a time.

I've found that just one day into a game, blank players appear in the transfer rumours and/or the AssMan's team report.

Is the issue something to do with an extra players file, such as the African Mega Database, rather than my update?

At what point does my first team stop getting entered into the County Cup competitions? I'm in League 2 at the moment and still being entered and not my reserves.

Hi this was discussed a few posts up...

If the first team is set to play in the County Cup then that first team will always participate.

I decided to designate all those teams with a starting reputation of 900 and above as the cut off point whereby they have their reserves set to play.

Unfortunately the game does not allow the creation of a dynamic system whereby once a team progresses up the leagues they will have the option to automatically field their reserve team.

Of course you can enter your reserves. You are the first team manager and have the final say on the first 11.

Unless your reserves are playing on the same day, in which case the reserves will be unavailable for the county cup match

Well you can get around that by moving your reserve players who you wish to play in the County Cup into the first team so they are not picked for the reserve match.

I started work on a version 3.2 at the weekend. See opening post #2 for a running changelist.

Version 3.2 is (at the moment) only a minor update to input some missing information and improves the FA Cup and FA Trophy.

Depending on how much spare time I have this week I hope to make the file available for download before the weekend.

I was just wondering why you used 2000-1 for dates?

I noticed that in transfer windows that you have for one date you have Thu 8-9-2000 which was a Fri. This happens in other parts of file as well. Admin cut off date regional first Mon 25-3-10 which was Thu.

How does this show up as correct in game. Does it take the closest Thu to that date.

I was just wondering why you used 2000-1 for dates?

I noticed that in transfer windows that you have for one date you have Thu 8-9-2000 which was a Fri. This happens in other parts of file as well. Admin cut off date regional first Mon 25-3-10 which was Thu.

How does this show up as correct in game. Does it take the closest Thu to that date.

I assume you are referring to the eng.dbc file

2000 is used as a base for all dates and these dates are unchanged from the SI code when the English files were extracted.

Another question. Were you unable to keep discipline rules same as origionally in game?

As I have noticed that players get first suspension after 5 Yel Cards where in default DB it is after 10 Yel Cards before first suspension.

The English rules are that you receive a suspension after the first 5 yellow cards so the Si discipline rules haven't been changed.

Ok then the SI database must have an error, because when you use the 11.2 the first YC doesn't occur until 10 YCs.

Also I wonder if you would consider adding Stadium requirements for top three levels. As I don't believe these are in game at the moment.

I understand if this is too much work.

Ok then the SI database must have an error, because when you use the 11.2 the first YC doesn't occur until 10 YCs.

Also I wonder if you would consider adding Stadium requirements for top three levels. As I don't believe these are in game at the moment.

I understand if this is too much work.

Noted about your correction.

There are no stadium requirements for the Football League above entry requirements and the Premier League requirement for all seater stadiums is already part of the Si code.

Think I have found a bug - Manchester United opening game of the 2010/11 Premier League season has been postponed because of the Man Utd Reserves vs Oldham Reserves Manchester Senior Cup semi-final, that's not right is it?

Think I have found a bug - Manchester United opening game of the 2010/11 Premier League season has been postponed because of the Man Utd Reserves vs Oldham Reserves Manchester Senior Cup semi-final, that's not right is it?

Thanks for this, a fix will be included in my next update.

Archived