FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow brilliant! I'm really enjoying my Sutton Coldfield save, thanks for all the work!

One question - am I right in assuming I can patch the game to 11.3 and have no problems with my current save game which uses this DB?

Wow brilliant! I'm really enjoying my Sutton Coldfield save, thanks for all the work!

One question - am I right in assuming I can patch the game to 11.3 and have no problems with my current save game which uses this DB?

Yes...installing the patch will not overwrite the league and cup configurations created when you started your game.

Dont want to push anything but is there a slight idea when V4.0 approximately will be out?:-) Would love to start a new game with 11.3. and if i understand correctly i should wait for V4.0?

Hi, I'm currently testing v4.0 for Patch 11.3.

The compatibility of my file with Patch 11.3 and 11.3 Data seems to work. So I might be able to release this evening. If there is a delay I'll post an update.

v4.0 Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Now available to download!

Following on from the release of Patch 11.3 you can now download v4.0 of my league edit making England Levels 7 and 8 playable.

V4.0 is more than just a compatibility check with the new patch...

• Added FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round thereby allowing some Level 10 teams to enter the FA Cup
  • Fixed 13 teams being promoted to Level 8 child competition from 2011/2012 season
  • Fixed Level 7 and 8 play-offs not seeding teams
  • Ryman Premier League and First Divisions are now scheduled to run on their own calendar
  • Northern League Chairman's Cup now takes place in May and the winner qualifies for the Peter Swales Shield against the Premier Division winner
  • Northern League Chairman's Cup now doesn't take place at a neutral venue
  • Moved Isthmian Charity Shield date
  • Added missing Fair Play awards
  • Improved Red Insure Cup scheduling
  • Added all missing kit, club and stadium information for Level 9 and 10 clubs
  • Extended Somerset Senior Cup to 29 teams
  • Extended Suffolk Premier Cup to 22 teams
  • Sussex Senior Cup has been revamped to make it more realistic
  • Finished adding available competition histories for County Cups

Please see Post #2 for downloads and league activation instructions

The edit is now combined within a single .dbc file to make it easier for everyone to load into their games :)

It is recommended your game is Patched to 11.3 and you use SI data update 11.3 when starting a new game.

The commonest mistake people make when starting a new game is to NOT load all players from England and select down to Regional First Divisions as active leagues. You MUST load all players from England and run all available English leagues as playable otherwise you will see Manchester Utd and other Premier League teams competing in competitions they shouldn't be.

PS watch this space for exciting news about this project...:cool:

Great work Uncle Ron as always ... could i ask you which version you advice? with or without County CUP

All depends on whether you are that bothered about them and which team you will be playing as in the game... They do provide an additional source of income for Level 7 and 8 teams.

Does the latest update now inc. all files. What I mean is before you had to download 3? Cheers

You never had to download 3 files as everything you need is combined within a single .ZIP file

The ZIP folder contains 4 items:

- v4.0 .dbc file that is the League activation edit to be placed into the editor data folder (this previously used to be spilt into 16 files but now I've merged into 1)

- Rulebook PDF which is optional 'guidance'

- Media edit needs to be extracted to the .edt file location (this will need to be done as the patch has updated the data)

- Instruction notes

You never had to download 3 files as everything you need is combined within a single .ZIP file

The ZIP folder contains 4 items:

- v4.0 .dbc file that is the League activation edit to be placed into the editor data folder (this previously used to be spilt into 16 files but now I've merged into 1)

- Rulebook PDF which is optional 'guidance'

- Media edit needs to be extracted to the .edt file location (this will need to be done as the patch has updated the data)

- Instruction notes

.... as always, touches of pure class, or, if you prefer, customer satisfaction at the highest level :D

But I'm afraid I will ask you to work harder, next year, as my pink/brown heroes (Corinthian Casuals, of course...) are going to leave 8th level IRL :mad:

.... as always, touches of pure class, or, if you prefer, customer satisfaction at the highest level :D

But I'm afraid I will ask you to work harder, next year, as my pink/brown heroes (Corinthian Casuals, of course...) are going to leave 8th level IRL :mad:

Hi Red Rainbow...:)

Here's hoping Corinthian Casuals can avoid relegation! Only a few points behind and not a lost cause just yet.

Uncle Ron: "The commonest mistake people make when starting a new game is to NOT load all players from England and select down to Regional First Divisions as active leagues. You MUST load all players from England and run all available English leagues as playable otherwise you will see Manchester Utd and other Premier League teams competing in competitions they shouldn't be."

One question (pardon me for being ignorant).

Is it correct that I can play with for example only selecting the first 3 Leagues? Or do I have to load all leagues?

If I leave County Cups Enabled does this have any knock on effects later on? By that I mean if I manage to get in the Professional League system.

Taken from the FAQ:

* County FA Cups: Will my first team always play in the County Cup?

The County Cups are taken seriously by the majority of Level 7 and 8 clubs. As a result I decided to allow some clubs to always field their first teams. All Premier, Football League and Conference clubs with all other clubs with a starting reputation of 900 or above will field their reserve teams. Allowing the lower club first teams to compete increases competition and a vital source of income.

Unfortunately the cups are not dynamic, so if you are the manager of Hungerford, for example, will always field their first team, even if you get them to the Premier League.

If you are not interested in the County Cups I have provided a second download with these competitions disabled.

There shouldn't be any knock on effects if you get a team promoted into the professional leagues as I've set the County Cup dates to avoid key fixture periods and they are also set to give way to more important competitions in terms of fixture priority.

Uncle Ron: "The commonest mistake people make when starting a new game is to NOT load all players from England and select down to Regional First Divisions as active leagues. You MUST load all players from England and run all available English leagues as playable otherwise you will see Manchester Utd and other Premier League teams competing in competitions they shouldn't be."

Is it correct that I can play with for example only selecting the first 3 Leagues? Or do I have to load all leagues?

You should load all leagues.... so that is down to Regional First Division.

v4.0 Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Now available to download!

Wow, never thought you would release this so quick after the patch..Its this file that makes me love FM all over again, thankyou so much :thup:

PS watch this space for exciting news about this project...:cool:

Im intrigued :D

As I said earlier in this thread, what is the point of downloading a file that expands the leagues if you're not going to run the leagues in your game?

Another fine piece of work Ron. Of course, I shall be continuing with my Newcastle Town save. Even if I have just got dicked at Wrexham.

Having an issue with v4. Starting as Chester using the version with cups enabled. When I load the game, none of their league's cups or the various county cups are showing up. I have other db changes loaded but I've used these same ones with previous versions with no issues. I tried the no cc version as well thinking that maybe they were switched but had same result. Anybody else having same issue or if not, anything you would recommend?

Having an issue with v4. Starting as Chester using the version with cups enabled. When I load the game, none of their league's cups or the various county cups are showing up. I have other db changes loaded but I've used these same ones with previous versions with no issues. I tried the no cc version as well thinking that maybe they were switched but had same result. Anybody else having same issue or if not, anything you would recommend?

Chester are set to play their reserves in the Cheshire County Cup, check the reserve fixtures.

Is that the only cup they are not showing up in?

No, I tried a few other teams and the only competitions showing are the fa cup and carling. In looking under England, none of lower competitions show and hyperlinks in team history are disabled for those competitions.

Remove the other db changes you have added to the file and see if you still have the problem.

I'll load up a game shortly and have a look for myself...

I've released a Version 4.0.1 this afternoon after I noticed a very minor error...

The Peter Swales Sheild final date had clashed with the opening weekend of the Conference North, causing the winners of the previous season's Northern Premier Premier League to start their Conference North season on a Wednesday.

So to get around this the cup final has been moved back 1 week.

In the second season Easter monday games went missing in level 7 & 8.
There're not set up as I had some problems getting them to work. I'll have a look into it again....

I think I've figured out how to activate the Easter Saturday and Easter Monday fixtures so I've set those up for Levels 7 and 8 and will be running a test over the next few hours.

For those who haven't started yet, I've uploaded a new 4.0.2 version today with 2 additions...not fixes.

I've activated the scheduling of games on Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday as well as removing a draw taking place for the Level 7 and 8 pay-offs.

Hi uncle ron

since the new patch, i cant get your file to work...

i am putting the file where you say, but when i look to activate the lower leagues they don't show... just to the normal Conference North/South...

Any ideas why this is happening please?

Hi uncle ron

i am putting the file where you say, but when i look to activate the lower leagues they don't show... just to the normal Conference North/South...

Is it possible that you have two mod files that both modify England - such as Chris 22's post-lock db? Both specify 'England' in the list and one can override the other.

Hi uncle ron

This could be happening because you are loading other editor .xml or .dbc files that are causing a conflict. Previously my file was split into 15 separate files, now these are all combined into 1, so you just need to activate the latest file.

1. Delete everything in the 'editor data' folder.

2. Download the latest v4.0.2 file

3. Extract the .dbc v4.0.2 Uncle Ron's FM2011 England Levels 7 and 8 file to the 'editor data' folder

4. Start a new game as per the league activation instructions

Ron, great new update- picked Andover to start and (and this has nought to do with your update) had mostly newgens populating it- strange, and they are most rubbish :). Where did you grab the logos/badges in your fixture screenshot from if I might ask- I've looked around a bit and not found any. Thanks for the hard work, man, it has made my FM for past two versions.

Ron, great new update- picked Andover to start and (and this has nought to do with your update) had mostly newgens populating it- strange, and they are most rubbish :). Where did you grab the logos/badges in your fixture screenshot from if I might ask- I've looked around a bit and not found any. Thanks for the hard work, man, it has made my FM for past two versions.

Perhaps we haven't a researcher for Andover hence the newgens...

Recommended graphic add-ons

All England Stadium Pack - Link

English Logo Pack to Level 11 by schweigi - Link

FM2011 Metalic Logopack - Link

Hi Uncle Ron

Thanks for your reply on my problem.

My error was due to the Metal_Guitarist update (which I saw you question the nation rules) this is what was stopping your file from loading.

All sorted now though.

Thanks

Hi Uncle Ron,

I have a slight problem trying to get the media update files working on my game.

I've updated to version 11.3 but when i copy the three .edt files to Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\db\1100\edt (Games folder being my default installation) and then goto the 'Extra Data' section of Preferences they don't show in the list at all!!

Any idea's?

[edit] nevermind, it appears it needed to go into \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1130\db\1130\edt - it's shown in the list now [/edit]

Archived