FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here. I was wondering.. what if we delete Ford & Madley from the db?

That could be an interesting experiment, maybe i will try that.

Any database changes will only apply when starting a new game.

I didn't seem to have this problem when starting a new game with the 11.2 patch.

The problem evidently arises in Levels 7 and 8 because SI haven't coded the game to generate fake newgen referees to officiate at levels below the lowest playable league set in the box of the box game.

Like I said above... this shouldn't arise in Version 3 because I'm creating various real refs who are not in the game and have set them to officiate only at Levels 7 and 8.

Will you be testing with a 21 team BSN to dee if the files you have created solve the problem?

Implementing the 21 team BSN isn't part of Version 3. Ilkeston are still set to play there.

I had enough trouble with sorting out Level 8 to realign to 22 teams in all 6 divisions... ;)

No hope for a change in second season, maybe ?
FYI ; I was already promoted to BSS when I applied the patch (playing Maidstone from isthmian league) and I had Cooper as ref the whole season. Now at BSP and refs seem to work ok.

.... Yessss, these were news I was waiting for....:thup: So, the second season could "cancel" the bug...

I'm still in the same season as to when I applied the patch.

I looked at the ref's page last night (not got the game running right now) and there is a long list of referees who have refereed games in the Northern Premier League First Division South. Madley and Ford have only refereed something like seven and five matches though, and as I've played 33 games, it's only an issue since applying the patch.

Implementing the 21 team BSN isn't part of Version 3. Ilkeston are still set to play there.

I had enough trouble with sorting out Level 8 to realign to 22 teams in all 6 divisions... ;)

That kind of lets Ilkeston off the hook. Why not give them a 25 point penalty for the next 3 seasons or something to make sure they at least end up around where they should be?

The problem evidently arises in Levels 7 and 8 because SI haven't coded the game to generate fake newgen referees to officiate at levels below the lowest playable league set in the box of the box game.

Like I said above... this shouldn't arise in Version 3 because I'm creating various real refs who are not in the game and have set them to officiate only at Levels 7 and 8.

That does look like the complete explanation - and hopefully the solution.

I think this is another issue. I checked my own custom league file and it shows the same referee for the last 4 matches for my club, but when I click on the referee it shows that my matches are not in the referees recent fixtures list.

Can anybody check that in your file? Click on the referees name, this opens the last 10 fixtures list.

There are a lot of newgen referees generated in my game, but probably not enough, as I have more than 50 divisions (plus reserve). Maybe the game does generate virtual referees for some games and add existing ones to the match stats?

I think this is another issue. I checked my own custom league file and it shows the same referee for the last 4 matches for my club, but when I click on the referee it shows that my matches are not in the referees recent fixtures list.

Can anybody check that in your file? Click on the referees name, this opens the last 10 fixtures list.

There are a lot of newgen referees generated in my game, but probably not enough, as I have more than 50 divisions (plus reserve). Maybe the game does generate virtual referees for some games and add existing ones to the match stats?

Not sure if this answers your question. But its more than just adding the Ref to the match stats. Either Ford or Medley are listed as the Ref in my pre-match news item, are listed as the Ref on match day, call the match consistent with their history (neither show many cards), and are listed as the Ref in the post match stats. While the matches may not get listed under the Refs stats, they are listed as the Refs everywhere else, every step of the way.

The real issue here is it removes variation in how the Ref calls the matches.

I've just got 3 more County Cups to add now, then I'll start work on inputting more referees.

As I'm away from tomorrow until Boxing Day at the in-laws I still should be ok for a release next week.

Does anyone have a list of referees for the Isthmian League and Northern Premier League??

In terms of the referees all I'm inputting is the name, location and assigning the referee to officiate specific divisions.

I've just got 3 more County Cups to add now, then I'll start work on inputting more referees.

As I'm away from tomorrow until Boxing Day at the in-laws I still should be ok for a release next week.

Does anyone have a list of referees for the Isthmian League and Northern Premier League??

In terms of the referees all I'm inputting is the name, location and assigning the referee to officiate specific divisions.

There are a lot of free referees (not appointed to any league) in the DB, so why bother to add new referees to the DB then?

Uncle ron i have started adding some new refs to my game & making them ref just lower league games.

Here is were i got my list from.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ListofOfficials/0,,10794~2104695,00.html

Also i have made some of the assistant refs match refs for lower leagues.

Hope this helps

Thanks

As these are Football League referees they should already be in the database.

I'm interested in officials in Levels 7 and 8

Thanks

As these are Football League referees they should already be in the database.

I'm interested in officials in Levels 7 and 8

http://www.thefa.com/GetIntoFootball/Referee/ContributoryLeagueOfficials

If you click on the above link you can see a list of referees and assistants that have refereed matches so far this season.

Just to ensure there are enough refs to officiate the games at these levels.

I appointed "free" referees with Reputation 40 and less (there are about 80 of them in the DB) to English Regional Premier Divisions and English Regional First Divisions and it worked perfectly and no more Ford & Madley issues!

In reference to the FA Ground Requirements. I got promoted to the Ryman Premier with Waltham Forest and have not seen anything mentioned about our ground.. We rent our ground from Ilford. It seats 216, so we don't meet the 250 seat requirement. ??

433tom prompts me to make an observation that's off topic re. Uncle Ron's file. I'm managing FC United, ground-sharing with Bury. Surely I shouldn't be allowed to alter the pitch size (which I have done)?!

Why not ? Quite a few football clubs in England share with rugby clubs and they alter pitch dimensions for this, no reason why 2 football clubs sharing a ground can't do the same. The grass area remains the same, it's just what you do with it that varies.

In reference to the FA Ground Requirements. I got promoted to the Ryman Premier with Waltham Forest and have not seen anything mentioned about our ground.. We rent our ground from Ilford. It seats 216, so we don't meet the 250 seat requirement. ??

Any ground improvements following on from promotion do not always immediately start, sometimes I have noticed ground grading kicks in towards the end of the first season in the higher division.

Any ground improvements following on from promotion do not always immediately start, sometimes I have noticed ground grading kicks in towards the end of the first season in the higher division.

This is ture in real life. For a example clubs need a grade B ground to get into blue square priemer and then have till april 1st next year to get the A grade. If a clubs fails to do it then automanitc realgtion happens. In reacent years Lewes got up didnt get the ground done as we didnt have the money. It didnt mater as we went realgeted before the 1st apirl.

Before that two years running we quailfed for the play-offs but were not allowered to play in it as we didnt have a B grade. As you can guess it caused a few problems for the other clubs in the play-offs.

I'm in my second season and noticed I didn't have to submit squad numbers. Is that because registration is disabled or?

I haven't implemented squad numbers in this update as non league clubs do not have squad numbers.

http://www.thefa.com/GetIntoFootball/Referee/ContributoryLeagueOfficials

If you click on the above link you can see a list of referees and assistants that have refereed matches so far this season.

Back to the referee issue....

I seem to be having this now, not sure why.

Even when including my additional file with some league specific referees I keep getting allocated Metcalfe or McLaughlin, however when I go on holiday the referees are better distributed.

So as this is an SI issue which they are looking into, I'm not going to release my referee edit with Version 3.

Back to the referee issue....

I seem to be having this now, not sure why.

Even when including my additional file with some league specific referees I keep getting allocated Metcalfe or McLaughlin, however when I go on holiday the referees are better distributed.

So as this is an SI issue which they are looking into, I'm not going to release my referee edit with Version 3.

No need to, the referees from DB "appointed" to the 7 and 8 level divisions solve the problem...

I haven't implemented squad numbers in this update as non league clubs do not have squad numbers.

I know. #1 through 17 (I actually played and coached a bit of non-league). My question was how it was done?. i.e., if I get Waltham Forest into the Football League someday, will squad registration and numbers still be disabled?

I know. #1 through 17 (I actually played and coached a bit of non-league). My question was how it was done?. i.e., if I get Waltham Forest into the Football League someday, will squad registration and numbers still be disabled?

In the pre-season when you reach the Conference you will need to submit squad numbers. It is only disabled for Conference N/S and below.

Squad registration and numbering has been activated for the leagues that use these rules.

Archived