Fm11 Worst version ever??

I like the player interactions, especially the fact I can now stop a player hating me, but did have Patrick Vieira come to me and tell me I was trying to force him out of the club. Judging by the fact I had stuck him in the reserves, transfer listed him and offered him out for free I did have a laugh about it and was close to saying I wanted him to stay.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Its just my opinion you are wrong then. CM/FM has been fine without player interaction to this detail for nearly 20 years. And I also believe you are wrong as SI themselves have said many times they will not bring features in till they are happy with it. But Im affraid they have this very wrong. Its way to limited as some have agreed with me. Not just that but me T listing players and then them storming out befor they say somethign they regret also happens if yoiu ask them nicely to work on a move or work with an experienced player within your squad. And for some of the negative childish comments this game is perfect for you guys ;-)

Yes it is just your opinion, remember that before you call people childish for not agreeing with you. Christ almighty, just don't buy the chuffing game then.

Hi Merseyside.

Thanks for your long post and trying to answer many of my points. But I can see you are not very exp FM player by the way you talk.

You have missinterpreted me on many of the points and didnt seem to understand alot of what I was saying. I mean eg. On the pens? when did I say anything about seeing the pen taking attribute? Im talking about when you see goals in hes stats in could have in brackets how many were pens. Thats all. It was in an older version was my point.

Anyway You seem to miss many of the things i was on about and im gona try and play some fm10 today so keeping posts short and brief lol. Im happy though that there is as much of an outcry on the PI. I hope so much that they take it out or give an option to us who dont want to be talking to 5 year olds. And for the person who said its exagerated saying its like runnign your local u5 team im affraid you dont get the jist of what im saying. What I mean by that is the game is immature and childish. I dont mean it literally. Its just to add a bit of humour by putting in exagerated things.

And on the person who said T listing players would mean they disrespected me then you really dont understand football. This game is to mirror real life as much as poss. To bring this feature in with limited options and a very repetitive Q and A makes the game a complete breaker. My point on how my convos went was just giving an example. Many others have stated the problem goes deeper and it happens with everything from training/advice/learning from mentor to trying things in games. so all in all its never going away and is going to dominate the game.

As I said in my post. I am barnet. Players of this level would understand alot more if a club said sorry we need to sell you for the clubs best interest. They wouldnt act like a 10 year old and throw toys out of pram. If you was nasty, or got personal or was generally really disrespecting them then I wouldnt mind there answer of im disresepcting them. But as I said this is going on in the game everywhere at every level to every manager whether he has International rep or Sunday footballer.

I like the player interactions, especially the fact I can now stop a player hating me, but did have Patrick Vieira come to me and tell me I was trying to force him out of the club. Judging by the fact I had stuck him in the reserves, transfer listed him and offered him out for free I did have a laugh about it and was close to saying I wanted him to stay.

LOL! yea this also happned to me. all 4 players said after T listing them, putting them in reserves and meeting with them that I want them out that they think I am trying to force them out of the club, no kiddin lol.

And yadda. Its also the opinion of hundreds on the forums! It will prob be the feeling for over 80% of the FM gamers. Maybe more. And If you dont agree that the PI is flawed and ruins the game then I really dont know what world your in. If you like it then great. Thats your opinion and I respect that. But my views were based on my opinion and facts. Thats all I was saying.

I'd say the demo is not as good as the FM10 demo, and it's not made me want to run out and buy the game like with the FM10 demo.

I think i am going to hang back before buying FM11 this year, see wether they fix somethings with a release day patch etc.

But i wouldn't call it the worst version ever.

SI could make a completly realistic football management game. They could spend millions of pounds using the most advanced computing systems in the world and end up with a version where Rooney says he wants to leave one day and signs a new contract the next, where every player is totally accurate to real life and each have a unique personality. They could do this, the version would cost a couple of grand to buy and you'd need a super-computer to run it, but they could do it. I'm glad they don't frankly cause then you'd just have a second job to go to that you don't get paid for, working with a bunch of over-paid and spoiled ingrates.

This made me lol.

But anyway, I know the player interactions are pretty basic and robotic but it's the FIRST time it's been introduced. Maybe by FM2012/13/14/15 we'll have an absolutely brilliant player interaction system that will make people say "OMG I can't believe the game didn't have this feature back in FM2010, I'm glad they introduced it in FM2011 etc. etc.". Football Manager is essentially a never-ending project towards an unreachable goal but as long as you can turn round and say "hey I like this better than the last one" that's all that matters.

no it's clearly the best ever release on 2nd go at demo impressions (imo)

it's the first time ever i've had the demo and gone to a 2nd quickstart

i'm anxiously awaiting the release so i can finnish a season (i'm a long term saver usually do 40 years + with about 15 nations and 50+ leagues)

the 3D ME has out done itself in the past 2 years (it's heading towards lma managers 3d which i thought was very good)

the new interactions are the best yet! (which leeds utd fan wouldn't enjoy telling bradley johnson to leave the club as he is an embarrassment?)

love it love it love it

worst version ever? fm08 for me

LOL! yea this also happned to me. all 4 players said after T listing them, putting them in reserves and meeting with them that I want them out that they think I am trying to force them out of the club, no kiddin lol.

And yadda. Its also the opinion of hundreds on the forums! It will prob be the feeling for over 80% of the FM gamers. Maybe more. And If you dont agree that the PI is flawed and ruins the game then I really dont know what world your in. If you like it then great. Thats your opinion and I respect that. But my views were based on my opinion and facts. Thats all I was saying.

Actually I already stated the interaction was repetitive, just not making the game 'unplayable' as you state. It certainly doesn't ruin the game. Again, at lest you found out you don't like the game before spending money on it, so the demo worked then.

To say this is the worst version ever after 48 hours of the demo because of one feature you don't like is a bit silly, regardless of how many people agree that the player interaction is repetitive.

Just cause lots of people agree with you, don't make you right.

The interaction is very boring and very repetive with regards to press conferences and individual chat's with player's. It's more of a cosmetic thing the way i look at it as not much has gone into it as you get the same questions and you give the same answer's.

If anything what need's changing and addidng to is the above i have put, seems like the questions and answers were kinda boring for the developer who put it in.

Does not make it the worst ever, that would be FM09 and the best still is FM07, my second is FM11.

A lot of people dismiss the flaws in this game by saying "work in progress"

I'm not sure what my clients would say if I fitted a kitchen for them and the sink only had hot water, half the cupboard doors were left off and I said "it's first time I've fit a sink and cupboards so its a work in progress.

Yeah but I'm talking about the specific feature of player interaction. Was there really any way that SI could have made this anything near perfect without any prior feedback from the gaming community?!

Most rpg's and sims manage interaction so why can't SI

Because it's not an RPG or a sim. It's a football management game, and I'm pretty sure FM has that side of things wrapped up. As for interaction on other games like RPGs I can't really say most have a perfect interaction system either. Go on any forum for any other game and people will be complaining about how unrealistic and repetitive interactions are with characters in the game world.

The best Version for me - online at any rate was CM04 it just worked so well and was addictive even when it was a bit of a dog for bugs and crashes. But was a joy to play and I felt I could build a team and understand what a new played would add and bring to my squad.

I played online in a clan game till a few years ago. Just got sick of the game fighting me all the way like it was trying to teach you a lesson, and when you could set up the tactics so your CD could score more or less every game and was unable to police it online I’d had enough, that a many more!

Overcomplicated and hated the repetitive team talks and media.

I did try FM10 Demo twice and I‘m downloading FM11 but I’ll probably not buy it again till it does grab me in again like the old days when we could play for Seven hours in the old Scots Clan and enjoy every second.

I think it was best when all the added material like team talks was just accepted in our imagination as being done. I’m waiting on the option to drive the team bus. But I’m more interested in the match engine every Demo all the same.

I’ll fire up the new Demo and give it a whirl.

Every version is the worst version for someone, and then someone else claims this version is the best ever, the other guy won't buy another FM until he's 80 years old, the other one pre-orders it every single year, first patch comes out, less people complain but the ones who were complaining, complain about something new, second patch comes out, same thing happens .. if there is a third patch, people get annoyed for what the patch might do, if there isn't, people get annoyed because they wanted a third patch, a few months of stability, then SI announces FM 12 and the same thing happens all over again...

Every version is the worst version for someone, and then someone else claims this version is the best ever, the other guy won't buy another FM until he's 80 years old, the other one pre-orders it every single year, first patch comes out, less people complain but the ones who were complaining, complain about something new, second patch comes out, same thing happens .. if there is a third patch, people get annoyed for what the patch might do, if there isn't, people get annoyed because they wanted a third patch, a few months of stability, then SI announces FM 12 and the same thing happens all over again...

Affraid I have to disagree with this. I know what you mean and to a point thats true. But many things people moan about can be worked around or is bearable. This interaction ruins the whole game due to you have unhappy players at your club after 90% of the convos. Your players all say they are being disrespected and leave b4 they say something they regret. There is no getting away from this or playing without it. There is going to be no option to turn it off from what I hear. i can honestly say from my experience and from the outcry so far on the forums this is the worst feature ever. It is a good idea I agree. but something like this has to be right before it is brought in. And even then an option to turn it off would be a god send.

Affraid I have to disagree with this. I know what you mean and to a point thats true. But many things people moan about can be worked around or is bearable. This interaction ruins the whole game due to you have unhappy players at your club after 90% of the convos. Your players all say they are being disrespected and leave b4 they say something they regret. There is no getting away from this or playing without it. There is going to be no option to turn it off from what I hear. i can honestly say from my experience and from the outcry so far on the forums this is the worst feature ever. It is a good idea I agree. but something like this has to be right before it is brought in. And even then an option to turn it off would be a god send.

:thup: All i'm saying is when a new version of the game comes out, the reactions are all pretty much the same every year but i wasn't saying you didn't have a reason to be unhappy with the game, i get it, i'm not a fan of this feature either, matter of fact, i think i'm getting to a certain age where videogames just don't captivate me like they used to .. i played the demo today for like 20 min. and that was enough for me to get bored. It certainly didn't help, for example, having an injured player, taking him off the field and not even a minute later, his replacement also getting injured .. a journalist giving me the exact same response two consecutive times, a 16 years old player firing his agent (Maicon's agent, i might add..), offering average players for free and not even getting ONE offer from a team .. etc ..

:thup: All i'm saying is when a new version of the game comes out, the reactions are all pretty much the same every year but i wasn't saying you didn't have a reason to be unhappy with the game, i get it, i'm not a fan of this feature either, matter of fact, i think i'm getting to a certain age where videogames just don't captivate me like they used to .. i played the demo today for like 20 min. and that was enough for me to get bored. It certainly didn't help, for example, having an injured player, taking him off the field and not even a minute later, his replacement also getting injured .. a journalist giving me the exact same response two consecutive times, a 16 years old player firing his agent (Maicon's agent, i might add..), offering average players for free and not even getting ONE offer from a team .. etc ..

I pretty much remember FM06, FM07 and FM08 demos and to be honest hadn't that much complains about it in this forums, as latest demo versions (perhaps we got use to it?). Sure they had their bugs, like any games, they were far from perfect, since they had their patches.

For what it is worth, I'm not having any trouble talking to my players. Of course, I'm talking to players for a Scottish D3 club, which might make a difference!! :D

But really, if you walk into a club and expect to just start throwing your weight around as the new manager, I don't care if you are Sir Alex, you'd **** off a lot of players, especially those on a top-flight club. ;)

Hi Merseyside.

Thanks for your long post and trying to answer many of my points. But I can see you are not very exp FM player by the way you talk.

CruiseyLee,

I am sick and tired of your High and mightyness, just because you say you have played the game for 20years. There are plently of people here who have played the game for an age, myself included (CM3), so to preface your statements by belittling someones experience, which you just assumed, because all you are doing is coming across like a knob.

so, If you want respect for your opinions you have to start showing some big boy.

CruiseyLee,

I am sick and tired of your High and mightyness, just because you say you have played the game for 20years. There are plently of people here who have played the game for an age, myself included (CM3), so to preface your statements by belittling someones experience, which you just assumed, because all you are doing is coming across like a knob.

so, If you want respect for your opinions you have to start showing some big boy.

Wow you are really sensitive lol? That answer was meant to be respectful as hes post was so obvious he has not played many versions. and whats wrong with me being honest that Im an exp FM player? Theres many of us. I havnt said im the only one. By hes answers he knew very little about prev CM/FMs So get your facts right. I wasnt nasty or unfair. I said it how I saw it. So stop being so petty. You remind me of fm 11 player interactions ;-)

Hi Merseyside.

Granted, the first copy of FM I touched was FM09, considering I'd started with CM06 in any sort of management game.

You have missinterpreted me on many of the points and didnt seem to understand alot of what I was saying. I mean eg. On the pens? when did I say anything about seeing the pen taking attribute? Im talking about when you see goals in hes stats in could have in brackets how many were pens. Thats all. It was in an older version was my point.

As in like, as much as it would be nice I would assume that you'd rely on stats to decide if he should take penalties or not?

If it's for your pure interest then, yeah, sure, makes sense.

Anyway You seem to miss many of the things i was on about and im gona try and play some fm10 today so keeping posts short and brief lol. Im happy though that there is as much of an outcry on the PI. I hope so much that they take it out or give an option to us who dont want to be talking to 5 year olds. And for the person who said its exagerated saying its like runnign your local u5 team im affraid you dont get the jist of what im saying. What I mean by that is the game is immature and childish. I dont mean it literally. Its just to add a bit of humour by putting in exagerated things.

Defiine 'short' and 'brief' :D

Well I mean let's be fair, like I said, it's a new version of the game. Obviously they don't have access to every single private chat a manager has with a player. In fact I doubt they even really had one! So a lot of it relies on just, what someone would think and say, in a sense, a rough gauge. Unfortunately we never really know how a player is going to react in this situation - and even more, if we factor in every possible outcome you are still going to end up with the same result. And even then, there are a multitude of things that he can say in response, granted. But have you thought about the amount of coding that has gone into the game? For the poor chaps at SI working their behinds off trying to produce a new game year-after-year, I think it's fair to say that the initiative is a start, and at the end of the day, if they continue to work on it (like the press conferences) it'll eventually get better, no?

And on the person who said T listing players would mean they disrespected me then you really dont understand football. This game is to mirror real life as much as poss. To bring this feature in with limited options and a very repetitive Q and A makes the game a complete breaker. My point on how my convos went was just giving an example. Many others have stated the problem goes deeper and it happens with everything from training/advice/learning from mentor to trying things in games. so all in all its never going away and is going to dominate the game.

Sorry I don't get that, you're saying that transfer-listing players would mean they disrespected the manager? Do you mean that you're disrespecting them?

If that's the case, yeah, it's to mirror real life as much as possible. Repetitive Q & A has been a gripe for ages, but there is a limit to how much the game doesn't repeat itself. It's like the press conferences. After maybe a year the questions just continue to repeat and continue a similar cycle game after game after game. So it's practically inevitable. They've worked out the press conferences and thrown in new things to add on, however it will still repeat anyway. But you don't hear people complaining that because the press conference question the game just sucks to the core, do you? I think it's something all of us will have to live with, as year by year they'll just be adding more and more different answers, responses and questions in the chats and press conferences.

As I said in my post. I am barnet. Players of this level would understand alot more if a club said sorry we need to sell you for the clubs best interest. They wouldnt act like a 10 year old and throw toys out of pram. If you was nasty, or got personal or was generally really disrespecting them then I wouldnt mind there answer of im disresepcting them. But as I said this is going on in the game everywhere at every level to every manager whether he has International rep or Sunday footballer.

Fair point, but you do understand that people playing from Barnet don't gather the same amount of attention as people at Manchester United. So at the end of the day, staying at the club may be the only way they put bread on the table. They think of themselves first, rather than if the club needs money or not. Sure, the club will need money, but frankly they don't care. They care about their ability to pay their rent, pay their taxes, pay for food to eat day in day out. Ultimately that would explain why they throw their toys out of the pram, because think about it, when faced with a do-or-die situation you hardly consider the circumstance, unless you're a veteran in the game - which I doubt the Barnet players really are in terms of experience they have - and at the end of the day you put them on the transfer list without telling them first, ultimately, would also be disrespect.

Let me put it to you this way. Say you're working in the company, maybe, as the Assistant Manager of their Customer Service department. Your company gets an overhaul not too long after and a new owner comes in. He doesn't think you're doing a good job, but instead he goes off and finds someone to replace you first, before plonking a message on your table to tell you "Hey, you, scram. You suck. I've got a better guy coming in. You have a day to leave." How will that make you feel? That your owners are disrespecting your abilities, particularly if you've been at the company for more than a year, 2 years, and that you've been there for a long time. Obviously you'll feel that the owners don't respect you as a person, considering that they've gone off and done their own thing and chased you out.

So if you understand that, then you'll understand that at the end of the day they would definitely feel disrespected in a sort. And telling them the club needs money to them is just an excuse, that, their worth the money that you pay them, and definitely worth whatever you get. Selling them, would be useless and the club would go down the drain. They would think that you believe they are lousy players, which they inherently believe they aren't - irregardless of whether they can actually play well or not.

If you get what I'm trying to say here, it's that, ultimately most footballers that you deal with the way you have would definitely say you're disrespecting them. Now take the ones who accept it and be thankful. And maybe think twice about whether their worth selling?

CruiseyLee,

Heh. Don't beat him up about it mate.

I'll be honest and say I've never played FM for as long as him, since he dates back to FM2006 - the closest I got to that was playing CM2006 in 07.

If you've not played the cm2 versions at the time you have missed the golden age (probably not your fault). Yes expectations were lower and the games were simple compared to todays but they were far more playable and enjoyable. I'm also not saying that if i played them today they would be better because their time has past. Just that no one I new ever got bored, or tried to smash the pc every ten minutes with them as they do now.

don't care if you are Sir Alex, you'd **** off a lot of players, especially those on a top-flight club. ;)

remember Brian Clough at Leeds

Just don't praise players? Jesus.

FM11 is better than FM10, which was better than 09, which was better than 05, which was better than 03/04, which was better than 01/02, which was better than 06/07/08.

The player interation is the first incarnation and will get better in subsequent versions.

It's not the worst FM ever, it doesn't break the game, it's not unplayable.

Its kind of funny that you dont want to buy the game because of these peanuts, moan like a 10-year-old and then call the players immature.:-)

How is it childish to say what you dont like about something? That is what the forums are for? am I 10 years old for giving my view and lettign SI know this is no good how it is.

How would SI ever know what people like and dont like if they dont say? They wouldnt turn to everyone and go wow your acting 10 cos you dont like our new feature lol. Not even sure why im answering your post really cos it really is silly.

If the game has a feature in it that ruins it for the and destroys the whole feeling of the game then thats my personal view. Many feel the same about this new feature. We have been playing the game nearly 20 years some of us and have got by before without this level of player interaction. Many of you new guys that play FM dont have the same core feeling about the game that we have. It is a big diff when the game goes back a long time being a certain way and then it proppells itself forwards way to much too fast taking away the enjoyment factor with over complicating things and having way too many features. There is a point when hard core fans of the game say thats enough now. You cant keep adding features forever. Soon it will take forever just to play a week within the game.

And for the person that said each Fm is better than the last? You have no idea how wrog you are. Fm 09 was the worst version by a mile. For those of you who have read properly I did take back saying this was worst version. My point was more this is the worst feature. And in turn makes the game feel that way. Fm 07 and for me FM 06 will go down as the best ever. If you mean amount of features then yes each one has more. But thats not to mean you like those new features. So for many of us some of the older versions were better. There are even websites dedicated to 01/02 version who some say this was the best before it was ruined by too many new features and the complex of the game. Its everyone to there own personal view.

And mersey I wouldnt know where to start lol. I really dont know why you are defending this feature. Its been shown to have more flaws than most fms from past. I applaud SI for always trying to improve the game. Thats there job. But when they let something into the game with such basicness and childishness its not on. This game as far as I know goes thru testers?? Who are these guys? Did SI not listen to them? This feature is not even on 20% ready and there has been massive outcry on the forums about it so im not on my own.

As I said a few times before. If something like this is going to be brought in thats new and being tested then either only allow it out on the demo or have the option to turn it off. Because my real feelings go out to all the people who dont know about these forums and buy the game on the 11th I think it is. What do they do. In my view its money wasted and many if they knew what these player interactions was like I am certain would nto buy the game. This I think will be the 1st version I dont buy. I have only just got into FM10 myself as am a real hard core gamer on fm06. Was the best for me. In saying that I have really got into fm10 and the 10.3 patch really makes a difference.

As people said on a prev thread I saw. You dont in in life go to do a job for someone and say right this is on a test. I cant complete this and it is not ready yet one bit. Oh but can you pay me in full please. Many have said that every year there is a new feature so the game never feels ready or completed. which is fine on the getting the game better but my point being there is always something in the game on a trial and its a weird feeling. But bearable. This for me is unbearable due to dealing iwht your players is almost an every day occurance, And from what I have heard 70/80% of the time the player says he hates you and storms out saying I better leave before I say something I regret? Even when you answer every question with care and respect.

And diesler. You cant go thru the game never dealing with your players. Its a Q and A. There is no option to stop all of this player interaction so how do you never talk to your players? If thry come to you then you have to go thru this immature process.

Why are people moaning about every possible thing. If you dont like, dont ****ing play it, simple! Stop moaning and just enjoy the game.

Wow this guy really doesnt understand these forums. This is to view your opinions and feelings on the game and the DEMO! Many of the things said on these forums SI take note on and make changes via a patch. Also they take in views on new features and make changes according. If we all just sat here saying what we like about the game rather than what we dont liek the game would never improve or become how we would like it. Jeez lol

The auto-win button was removed????? What was that?

All this means in new versions of FM are harder and more complicated. I for one made the game hard for myself by following certain guidelines on buying players etc. The game is harder now which I prefer. But going to far with features also can ruin a game.

If you've not played the cm2 versions at the time you have missed the golden age (probably not your fault). Yes expectations were lower and the games were simple compared to todays but they were far more playable and enjoyable. I'm also not saying that if i played them today they would be better because their time has past. Just that no one I new ever got bored, or tried to smash the pc every ten minutes with them as they do now.

remember Brian Clough at Leeds

Well said stonegate. I actually tryed 01/02 a few weeks ago lol. I got into it but the low features and basicness was amazing lol. I had to go back to fm 06. Was perfect balance that game. But have recently got into fm10.

3. Position your own players!

I think this feature was also brought in 10 years ago. I think on the 00/01 version. Then it dissapeared forever? For some of you who didnt play that version this was one of the best features ever.

You could tell all 10 of your outfield players where you wanted them to be when the other team had the ball in certain areas. You could also place all 10 of your players where you want them when your team had the ball in certain areas. Making the game have a feel of great realism and making you feel you have done shadow training with your players. (for some who dont know this its what many coaches/managers do on the training pitch to let the players know where there wanted at certain times positional wise and also to gain the shape the manager is after)

If you got this wrong like tell your players to push up and drop back to much from certain area squares they could lose fitness and condition. brill feature this was. Not just that but you could tell that speedy striker to stay on that last defender and never get what you get now of your speedy striker taking up wrong positions or your slow striker being the man looking to run in behind. ;-)

i agree on this point. Thats was a great feature and its something that managers do IRL.

I think the original poster has gone overboard, however repeating the same thing over and over again can get boring. but sometimes you have to answer the same questions over and over again.

Its kind of funny that you dont want to buy the game because of these peanuts, moan like a 10-year-old and then call the players immature.:-)

It's flawed and not much thought has been put into the process, give people some credit out there, they know when they see a application not worth it's salt, call it moaning, call it what you like, it's called a discussion in my eye's and believe it or not this is a forum to discuss views with regards to fml products.

And mersey I wouldnt know where to start lol. I really dont know why you are defending this feature.

Okay here I am, I've tried to be... kind at best. But here's where I'm wondering if you're actually using your head for once?

I actually admire the work that the SI team have put into this feature - in fact I believe that it's really hard to come up with a game year after year, with new features in place. And I believe that these people should be applauded for their efforts, with constructive criticism, suggestions like 'Maybe you could try to add in more comments or responses from players that would happen, something a bit more realistic", in line with your comments, rather than, "It's stupid, it's immature, it's childish, and therefore the game is the worst FM I've ever played." Please. Use that thing between your ears?

Try to also consider the difficulties in this job. Plus the fact that after one FM and all the comments they have to go back, evaluate everything, edit things, release patches, and try to satisfy everyone, or as many people as they can.

Its been shown to have more flaws than most fms from past. I applaud SI for always trying to improve the game. Thats there job. But when they let something into the game with such basicness and childishness its not on. This game as far as I know goes thru testers?? Who are these guys? Did SI not listen to them? This feature is not even on 20% ready and there has been massive outcry on the forums about it so im not on my own.

Also you don't seem to be reading, have you.

The reason why I'm here and not elsewhere is because you obviously don't seem to be trying to respect the SI people at all.

Let's face the facts, shall we? Yes, there are people who are unsatisfied with the feature. Yes, there are times when some things sound a bit... off. Yes, there are problems with the game.

But think about it.. Imagine this. SI spend say, a year and a half trying to make the feature 100%. And then what happens? They release it, and everyone rubbishes it, claims it as useless, as pathetic. What's the point in that? They've just, effectively, wasted over a year and a half trying to perfect a feature that doesn't even garner one positive review.

Instead, in FM11, SI probably looked at it and developed it to the point where they've created a nice foundation. A good foundation for the system that they can work on for versions to come. They at least have the mechanism done right, the act of response and the appearance of everything. At this point in time they know the content can be improved, like what you can tell them, and what actually you say and they say in reply. The 20% you believe it to be is like 50%, where now they'll work on it like, as I said, the press conference feature. Similar style. They released the press conferences last year, people complained about repetitiveness, and they added more questions. Likewise here. They can work on the content for next year's edition, and the year after that as well, and so on. Get the point now?

As I said a few times before. If something like this is going to be brought in thats new and being tested then either only allow it out on the demo or have the option to turn it off. Because my real feelings go out to all the people who dont know about these forums and buy the game on the 11th I think it is. What do they do. In my view its money wasted and many if they knew what these player interactions was like I am certain would nto buy the game. This I think will be the 1st version I dont buy. I have only just got into FM10 myself as am a real hard core gamer on fm06. Was the best for me. In saying that I have really got into fm10 and the 10.3 patch really makes a difference.

Well you have the option to not bother talking to the players anyway. It's your choice if you want to deal with the guy's concerns or just pass it over. And also, what makes you think that EVERYONE on Earth will agree with your views on player interaction? Some people will love it.

And of course, others won't, but they'll probably see it as minor and dismiss it.

And then that small minority of people, like you, will show up here, cry and moan about something, but still return the next year to download the demo, and complain about another thing they aren't happy with.

As people said on a prev thread I saw. You dont in in life go to do a job for someone and say right this is on a test. I cant complete this and it is not ready yet one bit. Oh but can you pay me in full please. Many have said that every year there is a new feature so the game never feels ready or completed. which is fine on the getting the game better but my point being there is always something in the game on a trial and its a weird feeling. But bearable. This for me is unbearable due to dealing iwht your players is almost an every day occurance, And from what I have heard 70/80% of the time the player says he hates you and storms out saying I better leave before I say something I regret? Even when you answer every question with care and respect.

That analogy is incorrect on a lot of grounds. Please. Obviously you evaluate your options before doing something, in your analogy. But here, this is a different circumstance. A lot of things here is trial-and-error, and things go through testing phases. Things go through trial runs. Things are done with risk involved. There is the risk that a feature could turn someone off. At the end of it you evaluate if it's worth for the next version or not. Of course they have to also implement it in the full game because they need a wider audience - rather than just beta testers. Beta testers are good at one point, but after that you have to open it out - there's only that much input a group of 50 testers can provide.

Like I said as well, content, can be improved. Year after year. And I don't think care and respect mean the same thing to you as they do others? Also that they also have different mentalities, as you mentioned. As far as human nature goes, mentalities is a different issue as well, so yeah.

And I believe that these people should be applauded for their efforts.

Nothing wrong about their efforts. But their efforts will be judged by their results.

Which, at times, aren't very good. Most of the times they are, otherwise we wouldn't have these great games.

But among all the good parts, there are glaring obvious bad stuff as well.

Taken a bit out of context, i know. I do apologise for that.

Felt i had to do that, to make my own point clear :D

6. Pens taken and scored. On older versions you could see on a players stats how many of hes goals have come from pens and how many he had taken! Brill little feature. Ofcourse you can go to the league pens info but I want to see on hes profile page like before.

I remember that it was taken out years ago, and I still don't know why :-/

This little feature is HUGE!!

Okay here I am, I've tried to be... kind at best. But here's where I'm wondering if you're actually using your head for once?

I actually admire the work that the SI team have put into this feature - in fact I believe that it's really hard to come up with a game year after year, with new features in place. And I believe that these people should be applauded for their efforts, with constructive criticism, suggestions like 'Maybe you could try to add in more comments or responses from players that would happen, something a bit more realistic", in line with your comments, rather than, "It's stupid, it's immature, it's childish, and therefore the game is the worst FM I've ever played." Please. Use that thing between your ears?

Try to also consider the difficulties in this job. Plus the fact that after one FM and all the comments they have to go back, evaluate everything, edit things, release patches, and try to satisfy everyone, or as many people as they can.

Also you don't seem to be reading, have you.

The reason why I'm here and not elsewhere is because you obviously don't seem to be trying to respect the SI people at all.

Let's face the facts, shall we? Yes, there are people who are unsatisfied with the feature. Yes, there are times when some things sound a bit... off. Yes, there are problems with the game.

But think about it.. Imagine this. SI spend say, a year and a half trying to make the feature 100%. And then what happens? They release it, and everyone rubbishes it, claims it as useless, as pathetic. What's the point in that? They've just, effectively, wasted over a year and a half trying to perfect a feature that doesn't even garner one positive review.

Instead, in FM11, SI probably looked at it and developed it to the point where they've created a nice foundation. A good foundation for the system that they can work on for versions to come. They at least have the mechanism done right, the act of response and the appearance of everything. At this point in time they know the content can be improved, like what you can tell them, and what actually you say and they say in reply. The 20% you believe it to be is like 50%, where now they'll work on it like, as I said, the press conference feature. Similar style. They released the press conferences last year, people complained about repetitiveness, and they added more questions. Likewise here. They can work on the content for next year's edition, and the year after that as well, and so on. Get the point now?

Well you have the option to not bother talking to the players anyway. It's your choice if you want to deal with the guy's concerns or just pass it over. And also, what makes you think that EVERYONE on Earth will agree with your views on player interaction? Some people will love it.

And of course, others won't, but they'll probably see it as minor and dismiss it.

And then that small minority of people, like you, will show up here, cry and moan about something, but still return the next year to download the demo, and complain about another thing they aren't happy with.

That analogy is incorrect on a lot of grounds. Please. Obviously you evaluate your options before doing something, in your analogy. But here, this is a different circumstance. A lot of things here is trial-and-error, and things go through testing phases. Things go through trial runs. Things are done with risk involved. There is the risk that a feature could turn someone off. At the end of it you evaluate if it's worth for the next version or not. Of course they have to also implement it in the full game because they need a wider audience - rather than just beta testers. Beta testers are good at one point, but after that you have to open it out - there's only that much input a group of 50 testers can provide.

Like I said as well, content, can be improved. Year after year. And I don't think care and respect mean the same thing to you as they do others? Also that they also have different mentalities, as you mentioned. As far as human nature goes, mentalities is a different issue as well, so yeah.

Wow you really contradict yourself and really dont have a clue what these forums are for.

I dont see the point in answering you in full as you really do talk like you know what your saying but sorry to say you really dont. for one I took back saying this was the worst version ever. About 4 times in this thread now I have said its the worst feature. Not worst game. Although the feature is so bad forf me it ruins the game.

And you talk as though you know SI's exact proccess and thoughts? If they have taken a year on this feature for it to be so wrong and childish then that is poor imo. 1 year to make a Q and A session end with the same outcome 80% of the time of players hating u and storming out of the office, Never wanting to ever take advice or learn from an exp player. Im afrraid your post has as many flaws as the player interaction. I cant gather the energy to go thru the rest of the errors in it lol. I also dont want any row or unconstructive debate. you just are not seeing where I am coming from on this and prob never will. Anyway when did i say everyone would agree with my views on player interaction? some people may love talking to 5 year olds but its not for me.

As I said. This should have come with an option to turn off. They must of known the flaws in this feature and how basic and repetitive it is. I still cant believe how they can get away with releasing a game with this feature in. I mean it isnt even a quarter ready. I dont mind new ideas and I dont mind new features if they are at half ready. But when they are this far off and it impacts on the whole game in a massive way there is no keeping away from this feature. You have to at some point deal and talk to the players. i will leave you this example incase you missed it earlier. ;-)

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4872/screenshot20101023at192.png

The Official FM11 cruiseylee Thread

Now I have been playing cm/fm for 20 years. Since i was 12/13 years old and I was one of the people who bought it on the release day. I have been one of its biggest fans. This game put me on the road to managment in which IRL I became the youngest coach/manager in the country when at 16 I took over from a manager who had given the team up. I had been helping out there as goalkeeper coach from age of 15 and became the youngest manager in the country. The team was u12s and I was only 4 years older than the players. I was in local and national press so I owe alot to this game although even from the age of 11 I was showing signs of becoming a manager by playing PBMs(play by mail management games) And even won league in 1st season aged 11 v adults lol

can you be as good as me? I doubt it.

I'm a bit over the namecalling to be honest.

The demo is there for you to identify whether you do or don't like the game. We always hope that people love it, but there's a lot of FM fans out there and not every feature is for everyone. I'm sorry if people feel something has been added that's ruined the game, but as I already stated - I'd be amazed if anyone had experienced enough of the game to make that decision yet.

As I think everyone has had their say - I'm going to close this now.

Cheers

Matt

Archived