FM2011: Who will be the new stars?

Wojciech Szczesny could do with a boost, he needs a chance to become one of the top keepers imo :)

As a Brentford fan and watching Szezesny all season while he was on loan, he has the potential to be the best in the world! He won us so many points last seaosn with top glass saves, great kicking ability, great communication with the back four, with the rubbish Arsenal have he should be given chance in first team! Watch out for this guy in real life, pure class!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Szczesny should have a slight boost, but not that much, he will never be top class, but he can become a decent mid table Prem GK in the future after his performances for Brentford last year.

Rubbish mate, I went 38 of 46 Brentford games last season, he is good! and give him more experience and time and he can be top keeper! Better than mid table Prem GK.

David De Gea - He MUST have a pa of -10 or 180ish! imo the guy looks world class for a 19 year old (dont think ive ever seen gk that good in 19!)

Thomas Muller - PA at LEAST at 190 imo the guy is gonna be the best player in the world in 5 year time!

Joe Hart - needs to uprgraded to ca of 165ish imo hes not world class yet but he has the pontential to.

Wayne Rooney - heading and jumping to 16 imo otherwise fine as he is now.

Antonio Valencia - Crossing to 17 at LEAST other wise fine.

David De Gea - He MUST have a pa of -10 or 180ish! imo the guy looks world class for a 19 year old (dont think ive ever seen gk that good in 19!)

Thomas Muller - PA at LEAST at 190 imo the guy is gonna be the best player in the world in 5 year time!

Joe Hart - needs to uprgraded to ca of 165ish imo hes not world class yet but he has the pontential to.

Wayne Rooney - heading and jumping to 16 imo otherwise fine as he is now.

Antonio Valencia - Crossing to 17 at LEAST other wise fine.

190? :D

Rooney Jumping won't be 16, neither will Heading, though Heading will be very close to that.

I dont think any of the english players should get boosted stats. really they arent that good. england doesnt have any of the best 11 in the world and yet people want adam johnson to have 200 pa. england is way over too good in the game. some of the americans can be upgraded. stuart holden so that he reasonbly fits in the bolton starting lineup. im sure there are plenty of people in small leagues that could get better. england should be downgraded a bit though.

Mark Schwarzer needs a stat boost. He is much better irl than is shown in the game.

Also the whole A-League needs re-jigging, i know there isn't many stars but about 70% of the players just have a kind of general stat distribution.

What do you mean by that? Each A-league team has its own researcher, they are not just given a general stat distribution

I dont think any of the english players should get boosted stats. really they arent that good. england doesnt have any of the best 11 in the world and yet people want adam johnson to have 200 pa. england is way over too good in the game. some of the americans can be upgraded. stuart holden so that he reasonbly fits in the bolton starting lineup. im sure there are plenty of people in small leagues that could get better. england should be downgraded a bit though.

rubbish mate, i am from spain, and love la liga but England has the strongest most competitive leage in world football.

a 15 year old called tasso from the brescia youth academy. there were rumors that they rejected a 5M bid from milan.

do you mean Lorenzo Tassi? he's too young for this game, on FM12 will be. like Sterling, i think that will be on the next game, as Enzo Zidane. Simone Verdi and Simone Pasa this year will be great players.

about some posts, Santon has got problems with his knee, as Rooney with the ankle. i don't think that they need a get down

OK so this is who i think should be improved

The obvious ones:

Adam Johnson

Thomas Muller

Bastian Schwienstenger

Mesut Ozil ( only slightly as he is already very good)

Joe Hart

Ashley Cole ( slightly in crossing,off the ball,positioning,stamina)

David Luiz ( He needs to really be improved as he is very good in IRL I would say 165-175 CA maybe even more)

Ramires ( in FM2010 his attributes aren't as good as they should be)

Didier Drogba ( Free Kicks, Composure, Dribbling,Aggression)

Josh Mcechran ( Higher PA)

Milos Krasic

Loic Remi

Wesley Sneijder

Arjen Robben

DECREASES

Mexes ( In IRL he isn't world class and in FM2010 he is)

Alexis Sanchez and Christian Zapata ( Both aren't great in IRL and in FM they are world class)

Igor Akinfeev

Sergio Aguero ( In the game he is one of the 3 best forwards and in IRL he is barely top 10 while forlan should be improved)

Kaka

Giorgio Chiellini

Yuri Zhikrov

Yoann Gourchuff

Jordan Henderson is a class act with fergie rumoured to be watching him , John Mensah solid at the world cup, Dave Meyler was playing great before he got injured, Darren Bent needs to be better as well , Ryan Noble as he was scoring for fun in the reserves last year and even made the england u19 squad. David Healy needs to retire in the game and also in real life. As for the Gyan topic he had a better world cup than any england player. Bet Rooney wished he scored a couple of penalties.

Jordan Henderson is a class act with fergie rumoured to be watching him , John Mensah solid at the world cup, Dave Meyler was playing great before he got injured, Darren Bent needs to be better as well , Ryan Noble as he was scoring for fun in the reserves last year and even made the england u19 squad. David Healy needs to retire in the game and also in real life. As for the Gyan topic he had a better world cup than any england player. Bet Rooney wished he scored a couple of penalties.

Darren Bent is class on this years, poor stats but amazing at goalscoring.

OK so this is who i think should be improved

Josh Mcechran ( Higher PA)

Already has a high P.A. and doesnt warrant a higher one atm

Vermaelen is error prone and should not be a top defender. Koscielny is good, but he already is good in FM. Gibbs should be slightly improved and made natural LB, yes. Wilshire COULD be a 10, he is on that borderline, but I don't imagine a technical stat increase. Perhaps a slight mental rise is in order, though.

Szczesny should have a slight boost, but not that much, he will never be top class, but he can become a decent mid table Prem GK in the future after his performances for Brentford last year.

Error prone?

We got our hands on FM 2011 preview build and since we are allowed to talk about it (since 7 Oct), we have started composing lists of the best players in FM 2011. A list with wonderkids is already there, and we now want to do best players' lists by country.

If you want a specific country listed, make your request here and I will do my best to prepare it.

P.S. Should really prepare the general near-wonderkids list really soon as well :)

We got our hands on FM 2011 preview build and since we are allowed to talk about it (since 7 Oct), we have started composing lists of the best players in FM 2011. A list with wonderkids is already there, and we now want to do best players' lists by country.

If you want a specific country listed, make your request here and I will do my best to prepare it.

P.S. Should really prepare the general near-wonderkids list really soon as well :)

would be great if you could do some of australia's youngsters.

People are supposed to select the spoiler by dragging the mouse around it in order to see the containing text?

Couldn't that be accomplished with a show/hide function instead?

Not sure if there is that function tbh but a spoiler tag is better because it's more obvious that it's a spoiler. Either works fine as long as it's clear that it contains a spoiler :thup:

As a Chelsea fan, i refuse to comment on any of our players due to being biased.

But I believe Walcott needs a boost in offball movement, as he's been praised for his intelligence without the ball recently. Unfortunately he's still bad with it.

David Villa should be retrained to an accomplished left winger AND keep all of his current stats.

Hulk needs to be retrained to a competent Right Winger, and he should have a better right foot.

De Gea should be better than Asenjo.

Ozil should have a bit more determination.

Tevez needs to have better finishing, as said before.

Birmingham need to be looked at once more for slight changes. They never live up to their performances last season in the game.

Muller and Bastian need a boost.

Eduardo who is now a Genoa, the GK, needs a boost.

Coentrao must be more competent as a FB, or WB.

UTD's Bebe better have a PA of -8... if not less.

Torres' natural fitness should be questioned

Glen Johnson needs to be punished

Forlan needs to be more competent in the AM roles, and stats more generous to his passing and creativity. Also, he shouldn't be droping stats quickly. (not 100% sure if its a problem in fm10)

Ben Foster needs to be punished, or at least lower his ability to deal with pressure.

Luis Suarez might not need a boost, but just a better allocation of his stats.

Lastly, Hart doesn't need a big boost. He needs to be slightly improved immediately, and given a slightly bigger PA. He becomes a First Team GK at Man. City anyways in FM10 and he rarely disappointes.

I agree with everything you said. :thup:

Coming from a Liverpool fan, I fully agree that Wilshere needs a decent boost - he looks set to become a future English star.

And I also hope that the researchers have done De Gea, Athletico Madrid's young keeper, as much justice as possible.

I get the vague feeling that if everyone in this thread did the data, the CA/PA scale would have to be rescaled to 1-250.

I believe the scale is fine as it is. Some countries are overrated (e.g. France) and some underestimated (e.g. England), but every year it gets better as in more accurate :)

I believe the scale is fine as it is. Some countries are overrated (e.g. France) and some underestimated (e.g. England), but every year it gets better as in more accurate :)

The scale is fine - the ratings in this thread aren't!

Coming from a Liverpool fan, I fully agree that Wilshere needs a decent boost - he looks set to become a future English star.

And I also hope that the researchers have done De Gea, Athletico Madrid's young keeper, as much justice as possible.

Wilshere is indeed great this year... a wonderkid. In real life, even though I'm not following the EPL that much, I think Arsen is giving him lot of first team time now, and he should be close to getting a call on the national team. Right?

De Gea is also on my wonderkids list, so yes, researchers rewarded him with some decent abilities. I've revealed his PA in a previous post.

Wilshere: CA --> 125 // PA --> -9

Already has a high P.A. and doesnt warrant a higher one atm

Error prone?

im not too sure he is that error prone, seems solid enough to me, except in that 2-2 draw with barca where his positioning was poor... altho i am a gooner so i may be being biased x)

I'm not a French researcher... you can ask them why French players are so overestimated.

And no, I'm not making anything up. All official affiliates that qualified for the gold tier, received a copy of the FM2011 press edition, which is in theory an unfinished product, but CA/PA of players shouldn't change that much if at all.

martin kelly, pacheco, ayala in liverpool need boosts

On what basis. They have done nothing in the Liverpool first team to prove that thay are any good.

+ Jamie Mackie

+ Jordan Henderson

+ Adam Johnson

+ Gomes

+ Gareth Bale

- Jamie Carragher

- Gabby Agbonlahor

- Yakubu

On what basis. They have done nothing in the Liverpool first team to prove that thay are any good.

I agree about Ayala, he's crap, and Pacheco hasn't had much 1st team football this seson either so it's hard to judge him yet, but Martin Kelly needs improving, you obviously wouldn't agree, being an Everton fan....

Stamatis, surely you have an NDA of some sort preventing you from revealing things like this?

The NDA expired on 7 Oct, that is why all previews were published on that day as well. Besides, I'm revealing a few random players in a spoiler fashion here and on my site I'm not revealing CA/PA at all. That should be alright I suppose.

Archived