I take it that Capello is finished now?

lutontown1991

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he meant it from a climate point of view

already addressed that though, tiredness didn't look a factor with the players, it was more down to Capello being undone everytime he meets a half-competent team eschewing 4-4-2.

I think the only point in getting rid of Capello would be to get a fresh start, but the main ones to be blamed for being eliminated surely are the players, not him.

Agree with this - if you scrap the manager, scrap the out of date players. It's a viscous circle though because sadly we don't have anything near the depth to replace them.

If Cappello goes, we should bring in Hodgson. can get the best out of players at his disposal (look at fulham) and has a decent record with his teams (even nearly qualifying for Euro 2008 with Finland). Problem is, if one thing goes wrong it'll damage his reputation, as afaik he is loved by fans of all clubs he's managed, even at Inter even though he didn't win anything iirc.

A lot of the players will and should be scrapped, but Capello has to go. He made way to many mistakes for such a experienced manager. And he never got the best out of these player, not even close to their best.

I doubt that some of the older players will leave the team tbh, i think they should but can`t see it, and it is not like we have players that can step straight in, as they are not even close to the current first team, they have little experience.

I do think that they should be given a chance though, they current set of players have had too many chances and not delivered, i can`t see how any English football fan can put any faith in these players.

The media will just blame the manager, they always do. If cappello does go it'll be mainly because of that, the media and fickle fans.

It will probably have something to do with the fact that he led England to their biggest ever defeat in a World Cup. The fact that it was against Germany as well just rubs it in.

It's time to send him back to Italy.

I think he'll do the honourable thing and walk, tomorrow or Tuesday - I know the FA will be hoping he does that rather them have to fork out millions in compensation. His record as a club manager speaks volumes, but perhaps his style just isn't cut out for international football?

Oh and Redknapp for England - jesus. :D Just shows how hard up we are for alternatives.

I doubt that some of the older players will leave the team tbh, i think they should but can`t see it, and it is not like we have players that can step straight in, as they are not even close to the current first team, they have little experience.

I do think that they should be given a chance though, they current set of players have had too many chances and not delivered, i can`t see how any English football fan can put any faith in these players.

Yea good points. A lot depends on the next manager I guess.

Oh no, not this again. Can't you guys accept that bar a few players, the England national football team isn't really on par with the best teams in the world?

That of course it true, but when you have someone who takes his tactical abilities from the the Guiness Book of 1978 then you have no chance, 4-4-2 is such an outdated formation at international level, none of the players play it regulary why was he the only man not to see this? Why when we need quick goals put on a man who couldn't score if he was the only player on the pitch?

Of course changes need to be made from the bottom up, our game is in disarray, but Capello has to be sacked immediately and whoever was ludicrous enough to give him a contract before the world cup sacked too, I said at the time that was a joke of a decision, it is even more so now.

Well, it'll be a big loss for English football if Capello does leave. I can see the argument for Roy Hodgson, but not for Redknapp. Mind you, if it has to be someone English, you might as well just appoint Trevor Brooking.

Meh, I clearly hope Capello stays, because my memory's longer than the last four games of a manager's career, but I cba repeating myself again to explain why.

Oh and people saying Capello's 4-4-2 should be scrapped. Is this the same 4-4-2 which romped home in qualifying? The same 4-4-2 which smashed England's main rivals home and away 9-1 on aggregate? The same 4-4-2 which saw England finish as Europe's top scorers in qualification with one of the best records (it was the best until the last two games which were meaningless by then).

Well, it'll be a big loss for English football if Capello does leave. I can see the argument for Roy Hodgson, but not for Redknapp. Mind you, if it has to be someone English, you might as well just appoint Trevor Brooking.

Meh, I clearly hope Capello stays, because my memory's longer than the last four games of a manager's career, but I cba repeating myself again to explain why.

Beating Andorra with 4-4-2 is not the same as Germany.

Indeed - but he may well decide to change his mind after sleeping on it tonight. Also depends if the media decide to go after him, rather than the players.

Won't he lose out on a huge payout if he resigns?

I'm not entirely sure he'd want to be labelled a 'quitter' either.

I don't see why some of you defend him so passionately, what has he ever done at England level? The qualifiers??? Don't make me laugh, we literally played pub teams. Everytime he has played a top nation, and even France, he has been outplayed.

People laughing at Redknapp, what's so funny about someone who took over a very average Spurs side and made them Champions League within 18 months????

Redknapp will never be a successful international manager.

What proof do you have of that? We now have proof Capello isn't so make the change, at least Harry would do it with passion, and he proved with his comments before todays game he knows what the line up should have been better than Capello!

Oh and people saying Capello's 4-4-2 should be scrapped. Is this the same 4-4-2 which romped home in qualifying? The same 4-4-2 which smashed England's main rivals home and away 9-1 on aggregate? The same 4-4-2 which saw England finish as Europe's top scorers in qualification with one of the best records (it was the best until the last two games which were meaningless by then).

this argument again.

the same 4-4-2 that got us to the wc by beating **** teams. the same 4-4-2 that saw us only just get to the last 16. the same 4-4-2 that most of the country knew was going to fail spectacularly against a modern 4-2-3-1 system with players like özil behind our midfield.

can't believe capello didn't address this. löw has just explained his tactics on tv, why he did what he did, why it worked. if he knew it was so easy before, why didn't super experienced champion capello spot our glaring weaknesses.

this argument again.

the same 4-4-2 that got us to the wc by beating **** teams. the same 4-4-2 that saw us only just get to the last 16. the same 4-4-2 that most of the country knew was going to fail spectacularly against a modern 4-2-3-1 system with players like özil behind our midfield.

can't believe capello didn't address this. löw has just explained his tactics on tv, why he did what he did, why it worked. if he knew it was so easy before, why didn't super experienced champion capello spot our glaring weaknesses.

Totally and utterly spot on, I seriously cannot believe people just can't see this, it totally beggars belief, imo!

I would bet money he does better than the last two mangers we've had.

Such a hard level to rise up to. A guy who couldn't even qualify us for the Euro's and one who subjected us to our worst ever defeat at a major tournament.

Makes me long for the glory days of El Tel.

this argument again.

Yeah, because Ukraine and Croatia are well **** teams aren't they? England's group was clearly harder than, say, Germany's.

Such a hard level to rise up to. A guy who couldn't even qualify us for the Euro's and one who subjected us to our worst ever defeat at a major tournament.

Makes me long for the glory days of El Tel.

Lol and Capello. El Tel there ya go, bring him back he never should have been sacked or quit anyway!

Playing Gerrard on the left against a German team is just not good enough. In the first game, Gerrard outplayed Fatty Frank in the middle of midfield, but for some reason he was sacrificed (at the expense of Fatty Frank) to the left side of midfield, where he is no good. (for Barry coming into the middle)

Rooney was awful, and therefore we had zero goalscorers in our team.

Klose made our defense look slow and he has never been known for his pace (plus he is 32).

Most of these English players are on near or 100k+ wages per week. Do you really think they give a **** about how they do in the World Cup?????????

Most of them are bothered about their hair do, or their caps/goal/assist record for their country.

Lampard and Gerrard clearly dislike each other. If one is slightly injured, there is no way they will miss the game in case they lose a cap/goal against the other one.

Absolute dog ****.

Archived