Group G - Brazil vs North Korea - 15:30 (Brasília), 19:30 (London)

PMLF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They don't stand out like the Brazil teams of the past for me, as you said the names don't jump out.

No they don't but I wouldn't ever underestimate then. Especially not with Kaka and Fabiano in the team. Interesting to see this North Korea team.

No they don't but I wouldn't ever underestimate then. Especially not with Kaka and Fabiano in the team. Interesting to see this North Korea team.

Both of which are not 100% and may not be able to play the full game today.

Brazil should win, of course, but I am very skeptical about a high score although it can't be ruled out.

Both of which are not 100% and may not be able to play the full game today.

Brazil should win, of course, but I am very skeptical about a high score although it can't be ruled out.

Are they not? Still expect Kaka and Fabiano to get a goal before they get subbed then. Looking at Elano for free kicks as well.

What is the view from Brazil about this game Paulo? Are people expecting an absolute drubbing or are people being more conservative and saying "as long as we get 3 points i don't care about the scoreline"

Fabiano my bet at school for the golden boot :cool:

Are they not? Still expect Kaka and Fabiano to get a goal before they get subbed then. Looking at Elano for free kicks as well.

Kaká has had injury problems during the whole season and could barely last the full games against Zimbabwe and Tanzania, and was rubbish in training.

Luís Fabiano is in a better state, but also had injury (muscle) problems of his own, and was rubbish in both friendlies, and hasn't scored in the last 5 games for Brazil, although obviously sooner or later he should score again.

What is the view from Brazil about this game Paulo? Are people expecting an absolute drubbing or are people being more conservative and saying "as long as we get 3 points i don't care about the scoreline"

Fabiano my bet at school for the golden boot :cool:

Most people expect a very easy victory, but no matter what happens you can be sure Dunga will be criticized, as he always is.

i'll zip my virtual mouth then :D

what i think makes this brasil so defensive minded is the failure of 2006, when the preparation period was just a party (the blond vulgar unsexy woman streaking and hugging ronaldinho the picture that tells the story) and the team was full of jaded stars. a downhill ronaldinho, fat smoking ronaldo, fat depressive adriano, spiritually untouchable kaká, record hungry individualistic cafú, A roberto carlos (notice my injustice), a lettuce handed dida... a silent parreira who accepted the administrative decision of making that world cup this way

Now, that's better. :D

That team didn't fail because of the style...

bridport is an arsenal fan. so yovan, we both know I don't need to go any further than that.

I am going to make pmlf hit 100,000 by asking him non-stop why josué and doni are in the squad instead of hernanes and victor.

I have to admit that I'm a bit harsh with Arsenal fans at times, but the good ones respect me in the end afaik.

It's funny how I was an arsenal fan and now I look like a hater.

I agree with yovan on all things. Except when the subject is Barça, who are vastly inferior to and more dislikable than Real ;)

We are connected by a great man, Belletti.

one thing though that shoul be remembered is that it's stll possible for this brasil to counterattack, and the basis of this team is the idea that sitting back is only worth for a more subtle way to score, a calmer threat

Brazil have that great punch that I keep mentioning. We'll see it today, Brazil will beat North Korea 4-0 with very little. That's why I disagree that Brazil must play like this. And we all know that although I exaggerate at times, I'm not asking for 82's Brazil, just a bit of football in midfield. **** me, Paulo wants that too. I know it.

Kaká has had injury problems during the whole season and could barely last the full games against Zimbabwe and Tanzania, and was rubbish in training.

Luís Fabiano is in a better state, but also had injury (muscle) problems of his own, and was rubbish in both friendlies, and hasn't scored in the last 5 games for Brazil, although obviously sooner or later he should score again.

Most people expect a very easy victory, but no matter what happens you can be sure Dunga will be criticized, as he always is.

Really wish I watched more Spanish football. Thank god I have you here to enlighten me PMLF. At least I don't pretend I know what I am talking about when I don't :)

• Administrators

Confirmed teams:

Brazil: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lúcio, Juan, Felipe Melo, Michel Bastos, Elano, Gilberto Silva, Luis Fabiano, Kaká, Robinho

Korea DPR: Myong-Guk, Jong-Hyok, Jun-Il, Nam-Chol, Kwang-Chon, Yun-Nam, Tae-Se, Yong-Jo ©, In-Guk, Chol-Jin, Yong-Hak

Brazil have that great punch that I keep mentioning. We'll see it today, Brazil will beat North Korea 4-0 with very little. That's why I disagree that Brazil must play like this. And we all know that although I exaggerate at times, I'm not asking for 82's Brazil, just a bit of football in midfield. **** me, Paulo wants that too. I know it.

The midfield could be better, of course, but I don't mind the fact Brazil essentially have 3 volantes, what I don't like is the choose of them, especially Felipe Melo.

Something like this would be better, Hernanes and Ramires playing as segundos volantes:

--------------Gilberto Silva------------

-----Ramires------------Hernanes-----

----------------Kaká------------------

I prefer Haterade.

Gaterade is really an awful name...

Really wish I watched more Spanish football. Thank god I have you here to enlighten me PMLF. At least I don't pretend I know what I am talking about when I don't :)

Thanks! :)

gaterode is awful, gatorade is a bit better :D

anyway, i imagine that when the florida gators meant the world to the inventor of gatorade this name just looked like a sweetheart

The Brazilian bus has just left for the stadium.

You're so desperate to be part of the action :D

I'm just finishing off some work, then going to sit down the a pizza and a cold beer. Looking forward to this match.

gaterode is awful, gatorade is a bit better :D

anyway, i imagine that when the florida gators meant the world to the inventor of gatorade this name just looked like a sweetheart

I meant to say Gatorade. :(

You're so desperate to be part of the action :D

I'm just finishing off some work, then going to sit down the a pizza and a cold beer. Looking forward to this match.

Sportv (a cable tv channel) loves to show when the bus leaves, and when it arrives, they do it regarding club games as well sometimes (when it's big games), so I just reported it here. :D

The university that invented it didn't think so :)

I live near Gainseville so the Florida Gators are ubiquitous here, not a fan myself, but they did invent the stuff.

ncjhnb.gif

I can't decide if it's a beautiful symbol, or an ugly one. :D

Been looking forward to this game for ages. Game of the WC so far :cool:

All hail the Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il.

I think the game is going to be interesting more because of NK indeed, I've learned to never expect anything from Brazil's games.

They are now showing images of NK arriving too.

mascote_03_100px.gif

this is an amazing mascot by the way

a green dolphin in portugal, so real

It's cute at least. :D

So you don't know what's Haterade? it's the drink of the haters.

I had never heard of that, but I am not a hater, so... :D

He looked really impressive against Greece.:thup:

Not a big feat though, if Greece's last game means anything...

These boys may be ill, but our lads are the sickest :cool:

(actually not true)

:D

i thought that dolphins just had sex with sharks, i was wrong then

this is a much better debate

This is a pretty common mistake, I think. If only little kids knew dolphins are mammals...

I am, Paulo, I am.

Dolphins are evil IMO, even worst than Dunga.

Dunga is not evil, just annoying at times, especially for journalists. :D

Brazilian players on the pitch warming up now.

this game would so so good if dear leader was coaching on the sidelines

The Dear Leader will be coaching in spirit i am sure.

Either that or clearing 24 spaces at one of his Labour Camps.

this game would so so good if dear leader was coaching on the sidelines

And Lula coaching Brazil, so he doesn't embarrass us being our president. :)

And they interviewed some Canadian who is supporting Brazil. :thdn:

Also, some guys outside are loving their vuvuzelas. :D

from the oracle that is wiki:

Childhood

Birth

Soviet records show that Kim Jong-il was born in the village of Vyatskoye, near Khabarovsk, in 1941,[5] where his father, Kim Il-sung, commanded the 1st Battalion of the Soviet 88th Brigade, made up of Chinese and Korean exiles. Kim Jong-il's mother, Kim Jong-suk, was Kim Il-sung's first wife. During his youth in the Soviet Union, Kim Jong-il was known as Yuri Irsenovich Kim (Юрий Ирсенович Ким), taking his patronymic from his father's Russified name, Ir-sen.

Kim Jong-il's official biography[6] states that he was born in a secret military camp on Baekdu Mountain (백두산) in Japanese occupied Korea on 16 February 1942.[7] Official biographers claim that his birth at Baekdu Mountain was foretold by a swallow, and heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow over the mountain and a new star in the heavens.

Official biographers claim that his birth at Baekdu Mountain was foretold by a swallow, and heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow over the mountain and a new star in the heavens.

And rightly so :thup:

Really? why? do we need oil? because I can't see people eating it.

They use them in those sea parks, I think. :thdn:

There is even some overrated "European Sea Park League" competition, whose last champion is a sea park from Northern Italy...

Are there Europeanized Dolphins, btw?

Yes, they only eat expensive food and behave like prima-donnas... :D

And they forgot some of the tricks they knew before going to Europe.

Archived