Group G - Brazil vs North Korea - 15:30 (Brasília), 19:30 (London)

PMLF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This better be a good game, or I'm blaming you Paulo :mad:

Blame Europe, since most of them play there. :)

The NKoreans are warming up as well.

And Lula coaching Brazil, so he doesn't embarrass us being our president. :)

And they interviewed some Canadian who is supporting Brazil. :thdn:

Also, some guys outside are loving their vuvuzelas. :D

Need more real Brazillians to shoo off the bandwagoners, we have like 1 million Brazil fans (casuals) in Australia... it's sad.

Who takes penalties for North Korea? Quick answer appreciated.

dear leader

Need more real Brazillians to shoo off the bandwagoners, we have like 1 million Brazil fans (casuals) in Australia... it's sad.

I agree, I really dislike when people who have nothing to do with Brazil start supporting us, if Brazil didn't have this reputation (success + the jogo bonito myth), they wouldn't come close to the Brazilian national team.

It's also insulting to the national team that represent their country...

Haters gonna hate...

True... :D

The Korean fans even have a guy there to ensure they all now how to clap and cheer? Poor sods, bet a few of them are tempted to make a run for it while they're over there.

nah they just hired chinese people to cheer for them, north koreans aren't even allowed to go out of the country iirc

from the oracle that is wiki:

Childhood

Birth

Soviet records show that Kim Jong-il was born in the village of Vyatskoye, near Khabarovsk, in 1941,[5] where his father, Kim Il-sung, commanded the 1st Battalion of the Soviet 88th Brigade, made up of Chinese and Korean exiles. Kim Jong-il's mother, Kim Jong-suk, was Kim Il-sung's first wife. During his youth in the Soviet Union, Kim Jong-il was known as Yuri Irsenovich Kim (Юрий Ирсенович Ким), taking his patronymic from his father's Russified name, Ir-sen.

Kim Jong-il's official biography[6] states that he was born in a secret military camp on Baekdu Mountain (백두산) in Japanese occupied Korea on 16 February 1942.[7] Official biographers claim that his birth at Baekdu Mountain was foretold by a swallow, and heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow over the mountain and a new star in the heavens.

That guy is a GENIUS, seriously.

I love dolphin, they taste great.

Never tried it, maybe I should.

They use them in those sea parks, I think. :thdn:

There is even some overrated "European Sea Park League" competition, whose last champion is a sea park from Northern Italy...

Yes, they only eat expensive food and behave like prima-donnas... :D

And they forgot some of the tricks they knew before going to Europe.

Don't give us ideas, Paulo...

It would be funny to see an English dolphin though.

How did we get onto how Dolphins taste?

Mario is great at giving me excuses to go off topic.

I've had Shark before btw, it's very tough meat, I didn't really like it.

I agree, I really dislike when people who have nothing to do with Brazil start supporting us, if Brazil didn't have this reputation (success + the jogo bonito myth), they wouldn't come close to the Brazilian national team.

Bah, so I can't want Brazil to win in any game in this WC? :(

Yes, they only eat expensive food and behave like prima-donnas... :D

And they forgot some of the tricks they knew before going to Europe.

i'm so proud of you, paulo. today you became a comedian. i'm lovn' it

SEE YOU LATER PEOPLE, going to watch the game with no internet chatting

Bah, so I can't want Brazil to win in any game in this WC? :(

No, you should support England, or any country you are connected to, for example, I have French background, so it would make sense for me to support them, but it would be silly if I supported say Italy.

Unfortunately many people abroad have the misguided idea that Brazil is a sort of Barcelona of international football, that Brazil is a bastion of beautiful football...

And yes, most people here that care about the national team will be happy if Brazil win, regardless of how it is done.

I think you are selling yourself short. Most people in England would be very disappointed if we were playing N. Korea and scraped a 1-0 win because we would want to know we would be strong enough to beat the big teams. Mind you, we have an over inflated opinion of our own national team due to the strength of the Premiership.

No, you should support England, or any country you are connected to, for example, I have French background, so it would make sense for me to support them, but it would be silly if I supported say Italy.

What if it's Brazil v anyone but England though.

p.s. If it was Brazil v England I'd be easily a Brazil supporter :D

Yeah but we can still want a country to win. I want Brazil to win tonight because i like them, that doesn't mean im supporting Brazil at all. I'm supporting England.

i'm so proud of you, paulo. today you became a comedian. i'm lovn' it

Thanks! :cool:

SEE YOU LATER PEOPLE, going to watch the game with no internet chatting

Shame. :(

I think you are selling yourself short. Most people in England would be very disappointed if we were playing N. Korea and scraped a 1-0 win because we would want to know we would be strong enough to beat the big teams. Mind you, we have an over inflated opinion of our own national team due to the strength of the Premiership.

Brazil get both overrated and underrated here, depending on results, but the point is not the quality or not of the players, the point is Brazil's objective, Brazil is there to win, and from that point of view, 1-0 or 100-0 is really the same thing as the end result is the same.

Many people will/would get disappointed with a 1-0 victory though, but they are also missing the point of the tournament.

What if it's Brazil v anyone but England though.

p.s. If it was Brazil v England I'd be easily a Brazil supporter :D

Yeah but we can still want a country to win. I want Brazil to win tonight because i like them, that doesn't mean im supporting Brazil at all. I'm supporting England.

I think it's OK to choose a team in a game where you are a neutral, what I meant is supporting Brazil ahead of your country, or supporting Brazil just for the sake of supporting it, it makes no sense if you are not Brazilian.

No surprises in Brazil's starting XI :thdn:

I think a lot of neutrals are going to be disappointed by this game.

It would be silly to have any surprises, this is the team (with small changes) that is meant to be playing since the Conf Cup.

Archived