Group G - Brazil vs North Korea - 15:30 (Brasília), 19:30 (London)

PMLF

They are Real Madrid or Real Madrid are Brazil.

Shame so many people think Brazil is like Barcelona... :rolleyes::D

Brazil is like RM but with much less concerns about the style.

Ok, I'll try to find that game.

PS: Is Coutinho going to Inter?

Probably, but Vasco want to keep him until December. Ignorant Rafa Benítez said that he never heard of Coutinho....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame so many people think Brazil is like Barcelona... :rolleyes::D

Brazil is like RM but with much less concerns about the style.

Probably, but Vasco want to keep him until December. Ignorant Rafa Benítez said that he never heard of Coutinho....

Really? it makes me sad to see that professionals are so inept.

Anyway, motherkisser, they haven't played that game YET. I want to see him NOW.

Really? it makes me sad to see that professionals are so inept.

Here.

Rather than "I have never heard of him", it's actually "he is young, I don't know him", which is equally silly anyway.

Anyway, motherkisser, they haven't played that game YET. I want to see him NOW.

Try to find videos of the Copa do Brasil games against Grêmio.

Here.

Rather than "I have never heard of him", it's actually "he is young, I don't know him", which is equally silly anyway.

Try to find videos of the Copa do Brasil games against Grêmio.

I need the whole game, Paulo. You are not helping me at all. :mad:

I need the whole game, Paulo. You are not helping me at all. :mad:

When I said videos, I meant any videos, not youtube ones, but I have no idea where there are full videos of Santos games.

Anyway, you can trust me, he is great and would have fully deserved a place in the 23-player list. :cool:

When I said videos, I meant any videos, not youtube ones, but I have no idea where there are full videos of Santos games.

Anyway, you can trust me, he is great and would have fully deserved a place in the 23-player list. :cool:

I do, leave that to me. ;)

I found his last game against Corinthians (30-5). Should I watch it?

I do, leave that to me. ;)

I found his last game against Corinthians (30-5). Should I watch it?

Santos weren't that great in that match, and neither was PH. Neymar was poor as well.

Good, I want to see him struggling. So I'll watch those two games...

Aren't there any Copa do Brasil games there?

PH was involved in one of the goals in that game against Vasco, I think.

Why do you want Neymar to struggle? So he stays in Brazil?

I think yovan just wants to see how they behave in bad situations. I don't think he wants him to struggle.

In my case, I want the Euro-based players to struggle, not the home-based ones, who are the ones I actually care about.

Since you are mentioning names, how about this Brazilian player - Roberto Prosinecki da Silva Medina :cool:
Brother of "Overath Breitner da Silva Medina". :o :D

Venezuela! :cool:

I found a Santos x Botafogo game from 1964 if you are interested, Paulo.

Although it should be interesting, I don't like (and I don't have time) to watch games this way, downloading from the internet, etc... :(

But that one must be a Torneio Rio-São Paulo game.

Although it should be interesting, I don't like (and I don't have time) to watch games this way, downloading from the internet, etc... :(

But that one must be a Torneio Rio-São Paulo game.

Because it's illegal? in 1964 it was OK to do it. :D

Yes, of course. :D

By the way, Paulo Henrique was in some shop in São Paulo watching the game:

gansofe.jpg

It must be a bad feeling seeing a very inept Kaká playing when he could be there in his place. :(

She is an actress - Fernanda Paes Leme - and obviously a fan of him too.

Brazilians have conquered Orkut, so it's time to conquer Twitter as well. :D

If Brazil spoke English, I think there would be more Brazilian members here on this board than Brits. :D

Sorry make that vuvuzela.

That essentially tells the story of how the game developed, hopefully demonstrating that studying the tactical characteristics of individual sides is a worthwhile exercise. British television broadcasters acted like the scoreline was a shock to the world, when in fact the pattern of the game was logical when considering the philosophy and strategy of Brazil and North Korea.

Galvao is a trending topic!!!

Sorry make that vuvuzela.

The funniest thing is all those people abroad thinking there is an actual threatened bird called "Galvão". :D

We can see how people are misguided about this by looking at the comments on the first pages, when some people didn't like when I said 1-0 victory would be fine.

Anyway, that's an interesting article, thanks! :thup:

The game against CIV should be easier for Brazil than today's one.

By the way, Robinho and Elano mentioned that the 2nd goal was a play they have used before, when they played together for Santos. :thup:

Paulo, I didn't mentioned it but that Asian guy saved me 30 euros!!! bet on over 2.5 at ht.

ivory coast are just as organised as NK, but with better players overall. they really need drogba though, because dindane is rubbish.

Yes, but I expect them to try harder than NK to attack, and so get more exposed to counter-attacks.

Paulo, I didn't mentioned it but that Asian guy saved me 30 euros!!! bet on over 2.5 at ht.

Lucky you. :D

That was a pretty silly goal to concede so late.

Lucky you. :D

That was a pretty silly goal to concede so late.

I was relaxed because I didn't care at all, but in the end I was sweating.

Anyway, what the point of bragging about your knowledge? Imagine if I did that, I would lose all the swag.

I was relaxed because I didn't care at all, but in the end I was sweating.

Anyway, what the point of bragging about your knowledge? Imagine if I did that, I would lose all the swag.

Also, when he makes a mistake, people will be happy to point that out to take him from the pedestal he is placing himself in.

The guy/s from Zonal Marking shouldn't be making those comments because maybe some TV could offer them a job. There was a similar blog in Spain and the guy is now working on a TV station.

That's the independence talking. As soon he gets a bit of of the whiff he'll sign up if it suits him.

I actually enjoyed that game, I know everyone was like 'OMG, North Korea aren't rubbish' but I did put in the 'Shock Predictions' thread I think they'll get a 0-0 with someone, probably Portugal. Just from a few friendlies leading into this they seemed very well organised. Brazil were awful really, well, not awful but not particularly good.

I couldn't help thinking if we switched Brazil for England in this game what would the reaction have been like? The pundits at my end, which were Venables, Mark Hateley and Peter Reid were going on about Brazilian patience and moving the ball quicker 2nd half and being rewarded for this whereas if it was England would they have been saying that?

Not many people in this thread have said "Brazil are rubbish lolz" or "they're not winning the World Cup" based on one display. They laboured, didn't get round the sides quick enough, were restricted to shooting from distance and North Korea looked semi dangerous when breaking and fairly composed on the ball.

England would be getting dragged over the coals for this, not sure if Brazil are getting it in the neck back home but nowhere they are it seems.

Also, Maicon was crossing that, wasn't he :D Belting down the line and fizzing it in and got some slice on it. Commentators were going on about 'wonder strike'. They so desperately want Brazil to be some free-scoring, entertaining, ball jugglers, which they aren't. The praise Brazil got was ridiculous at the end of the game considering the performance (nice 2nd goal tbf) but they started asking who has been the best team so far Germany or Brazil .. erm, say what now!

North Korean keeper and left back are a bit pants too, can definitely get at them there. I expect Ronaldo to be shooting from all over the place

I would've worn a North Korea shirt in public before this game (didn't find anywhere to buy their jersey) as I believed that they could win 2-1 but they still showed that they are a good team and they will most definetly trouble Ivory Coast and Portugal.

I saw a shirt on sale a while ago but it's not on their site no more. :( I imagine they will get more in.

I said before the tournament and even before the friendlies that North Korea will not be as bad as people think. I don't expect them to win, but they will give teams a run for their money (though probably not an apt sentence for NK). None of my mates believed me, but we'll see! I also predicted Japan would beat Cameroon and they didn't believe me either. :p

It's a real shame that Chile and Holland will learn nothing from this game

How do you mean?

I think Bert will have watched the game, as it is expected that we will meet Brazil in the QF, so he has looked I am sure off, he is not like our previous manager who never made adjustments based upon opponents.

Does anyone think that that the Brazilians were more creative with their plays despite North Korea's defense in comparison to Italy's draw against Paraguay? I know someone that keeps insisting that the Italians were more creative but just lacked that final ball and all.

Does anyone think that that the Brazilians were more creative with their plays despite North Korea's defense in comparison to Italy's draw against Paraguay? I know someone that keeps insisting that the Italians were more creative but just lacked that final ball and all.

Ollie Kahn was slating the Brazilians for being slow, unmoving and generally just counting on one brilliant individual move. I tend to agree. Of course they were the better team, but they were not anywhere near 'creative'.

Italy? Creative? BWAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAA :D

Ollie Kahn was slating the Brazilians for being slow, unmoving and generally just counting on one brilliant individual move. I tend to agree. Of course they were the better team, but they were not anywhere near 'creative'.

Italy? Creative? BWAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAA :D

I thought as much, and yet they are insistent that the Italians were creative :confused:

Archived