The Afrovision Managerial Contest

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is yesterday's update:

Burkina_Faso.png?t=1271324755

Lester Meek: This is South Africa, calling Burkina Faso!

Lester Meek: Burkina Faso?

Lester Meek: Goodness, where are you, Timbuktu?

Burkina Faso: Yes, I am actually.

Lester Meek: Oh. Well, it’s good to have a connection back. Do you want to give us some votes?

Burkina Faso:

7: Morocco

6: Guinea

5: Tunisia

4: Sudan

3: Gambia

2: Egypt

1: Cape Verde

Lester Meek: Burkina Faso, are you there?

Lester Meek: Burkina Faso?

Burkina Faso: South Africa, are you there?

Lester Meek: We’re here. Are you?

Burkina Faso: Yes, must be a bad connection. Here are Burkina Faso’s votes:

7: Morocco

6: Guinea

Lester Meek: We got those! We just need your three biggest votes please!

Burkina Faso: Oh, sorry! Here they are:

8 points go to…Ghana!

10 points go to……Ivory Coast!

12 points go to…

Lester Meek: Burkina Faso? I think the connection’s gone again!

Burkina Faso: No, that was just me building suspense. 12 points go to Mali!

Lester Meek: Some more points for Mikael Schøler’s Mali, and for the Ivory Coast as well.

Sierra_Leone.png?t=1271324727

Lester Meek: Good evening Sierra Leone!

Mr Giggs: Good evening South Africa!

Lester Meek: Sorry, I can’t quite see your face.

Mr Giggs: I know, I’m hiding it.

Lester Meek: My notes say Sierra Leone’s spokesperson is “Mr Giggs”.

Mr Giggs: That’s right.

Lester Meek: Ryan Giggs?

Mr Giggs: I’m not at liberty to discuss that. Here are the votes from Sierra Leone:

7: Egypt

6: Burkina Faso

5: Algeria

4: Gambia

3: Cape Verde

2: Mauritania

1: Guinea-Bissau

Mr Giggs: And Sierra Leone’s major votes:

8 points go to…Sudan!

10 points go to……Guinea!

12 points go to…

…Liberia!

Mr Giggs: See you soon South Africa!

Lester Meek: Well Tomaldinho will be happy with maximum points for his Liberia. Jeremy English also picks up a grand old eight points to strengthen his position. Let’s take a look at the scores.

SF2-8.png?t=1271324763

Lester Meek: Albert Holstein’s Ivory Coast jump back into a qualifying position, and Adam Wilkinson’s Guinea shoot up a few places. Mali still have a comfortable cushion up top, but they are up to vote just after Tunisia who come next.

Tunisia.png?t=1271350049

Lester Meek: South Africa calling Tunisia!

Tunisia: Good evening South Africa!

Lester Meek: Tunisia, it’s good to be hearing from you. You are practically as far away as possible from this Semi-Final tonight.

Tunisia: I’m still greatly enjoying the work that is being done though!

Lester Meek: Thank you! Now, do you have votes for us?

Tunisia: Absolutely:

7: Ivory Coast

6: Gambia

5: Mali

4: Guinea

3: Ghana

2: Burkina Faso

1: Cape Verde

Tunisia: And Tunisia’s final three votes:

8 points go to…Sudan!

10 points go to……Morocco!

12 points go to…

…Libya!

Tunisia: Thanks South Africa.

Lester Meek: Well Ricky Gill’s Libya blast away their negative points tally. Didier Dardon’s Morocco also pick up a good number of points.

Mali.png?t=1271350052

Lester Meek: Hello Mali.

Mali: Hello Lester.

Lester Meek: How are you feeling about your current position?

Mali: Ecstatic to be honest!

Lester Meek: Excellent! Would you like to tell us who Mali have voted for?

Mali:

7: Liberia

6: Cape Verde

5: Ghana

4: Burkina Faso

3: Morocco

2: Sudan

1: Tunisia

Mali: And Mali’s three most important votes:

8 points go to…Libya!

10 points go to……Sierra Leone!

12 points go to…

…Mauritania!

Mali: See you for the Final!

Lester Meek: I’m sure we will. Lawrence Lazewski’s Mauritania receive some excellent news there, while Libya pick up even more points. Lets see where the teams stand presently.

SF2-10.png?t=1271350059

Lester Meek: So nothing is certain yet but we’re getting a good idea as to who will be featuring in the Final in two days’ time. We visit Sudan and Liberia next to see if they can confirm some qualifiers.

Sudan.png?t=1271407173

Lester Meek: Good evening Sudan.

Zeinab Badawi: Good evening Lester. I’m here in Khartoum, where the nation of Sudan is gearing itself up for qualification for the inaugural Afrovision Managerial Contest Final.

Lester Meek: Thank you Zeinab, but we don’t need a news report. We just need votes.

Zeinab Badawi:

7: Mauritania

6: Tunisia

5: Morocco

4: Liberia

3: Cape Verde

2: Sierra Leone

1: Guinea-Bissau

Zeinab Badawi: And Sudan’s three biggest votes go to;

8 points go to…Algeria!

10 points go to……Libya!

12 points go to…

…Egypt!

Zeinab Badawi: This is Zeinab Badawi, in Khartoum, for the Afrovision Managerial Contest.

Lester Meek: Thank you Zeinab. In other news, the Chinese government has denounced calls…hey! Wait a minute!

Lester Meek: Thank you Zeinab. Tyler Burrows’s Egypt pick up some valuable points there, with low scorers Algeria and Libya also doing very well. Mark Cooper’s Guinea-Bissau are now out.

Liberia.png?t=1271407174

Lester Meek: Hello Liberia.

George Weah: Hello South Africa.

Lester Meek: It’s only George Weah, perhaps Africa’s greatest ever footballer!

George Weah: Hello Lester. I’m honoured to be sharing Liberia’s votes, and I assure you the astronomical amount of money I was paid plays only a small part in my decision to do this.

Lester Meek: How is life treating you?

George Weah: Very well, Lester. But there are millions of people in poverty in my country and on our continent. Shows of solidarity like this are so important, because there are a lot of things we don’t have.

Lester Meek: Yet you accepted an astronomical amount of money to do this?

George Weah: That was a joke, Lester! Rest assured, my paycheck for this is going entirely to the poor and vulnerable.

Lester Meek: Thank you George. It would do us a great honour if you could share Liberia’s votes.

George Weah: Absolutely. Here are the votes from Liberia:

7: Mauritania

6: Morocco

5: Gambia

4: Cape Verde

3: Egypt

2: Guinea-Bissau

1: Tunisia

George Weah: Here are Liberia’s three biggest votes:

8 points go to…Ivory Coast!

10 points go to……Guinea!

12 points go to…

…Sierra Leone!

George Weah: Thank you South Africa! Thank you all of Africa!

Lester Meek: Thanks very much George Weah and Liberia. Cardio Hernandes’s Sierra Leone pick up the points there, perhaps to inspire a late run for the qualification spots. Let’s take a look at the table.

SF2-12.png?t=1271407167

Lester Meek: Robert Boyle’s Algeria, Magnus Vestergaard’s Burkina Faso and, despite going unbeaten, Alfredo Dick’s Ghana are now eliminated and will not be remaining here for the Final. Because they can only receive points from Morocco now, Kleen Shavern’s Gambia are also eliminated. There are no nations through to the Final yet, which paints a pretty sad picture. Gambia are next up to vote.

Gambia.png?t=1271495407

Lester Meek: Hello Gambia!

Jack Frost the Snowman: Hello South Africa.

Lester Meek: Jack Frost the Snowman? Aren’t you hot?

Jack Frost the Snowman: A bit, yeah. Here are the votes from Gambia:

7: Guinea-Bissau

6: Egypt

5: Liberia

4: Mali

3: Sudan

2: Mauritania

1: Morocco

Jack Frost the Snowman: And Gambia’s big votes:

8 points go to…Tunisia!

10 points go to……Burkina Faso!

12 points go to…

…Ghana!

Jack Frost the Snowman: Bye bye South Africa!

Lester Meek: 12 points coming all too late for Alfredo Dick’s Ghana, and 10 coming too late for Burkina Faso. Let’s see the penultimate table.

SF2-13.png?t=1271495414

Lester Meek: Mikael Schøler’s Mali finally qualify, while Ricky Gill’s Libya drop out of contention. The remaining four places are still up for grabs, though. Morocco will give us our final votes and bring this Semi-Final to a close.

Not that it's any of my business, but what has Algeria done to you guys to deserve being bottom? Even without the 12 point deduction they would be second from bottom.

Just means I lose another ally in the final round. :(

(Getting ahead of myself there. :p)

Just means I lose another ally in the final round. :(

Everyone votes in the final round.

Oh, and in answer to your question, they didn't win a game and didn't qualify for the third stage of qualification - which their real life counterparts did (and went on to qualify for the WC).

Oh, and in answer to your question, they didn't win a game and didn't qualify for the third stage of qualification - which their real life counterparts did (and went on to qualify for the WC).

I guess that brings a lot of extra pressure on the bigger nations, lose your matches and you don't stand much chance of getting through.

I qualified 2nd, and lost 2/2 :D

Morocco.png?t=1271583514

Lester Meek: South Africa calling Morocco!

Jamel Debbouze: Bonjour, South Africa!

Lester Meek: It’s French actor Jamel Debbouze! Do I need to speak French with you?

Jamel Debbouze: No, no, I can do English!

Lester Meek: Can you let us into any secrets about “Why I Did (Not) Eat My Father”?

Jamel Debbouze: No, sorry, I have to keep it secret!

Lester Meek: Oh dear. Well, the least you could do is bring the second Semi-Final to a close with Morocco’s votes.

Jamel Debbouze:

7: Ivory Coast

6: Egypt

5: Mali

4: Cape Verde

3: Ghana

2: Gambia

1: Burkina Faso

Lester Meek: That puts Jeremy English’s Sudan and Tyler Burrows’s Egypt in the Final, and knocks out a few nations too. And I’m sorry, Jamel, but if any of your next three votes go to Mauritania, Morocco will not be making the Final.

Jamel Debbouze:

8 points go to…

…Sudan!

10 points go to……

…Guinea!

12 points go to……

…Tunisia!

Jamel Debbouze: Thank you South Africa. I hope we made it!

Lester Meek: You did make it Morocco. Tunisia, the Ivory Coast and Cape Verde will fight it out for the final qualification spot using the tiebreaking criteria.

Lester Meek: Cape Verde got 12 points from…1 nation (Mauritania).

Lester Meek: Ivory Coast got 12 points from…0 nations. They will not be in the Final.

Lester Meek: Tunisia got 12 points from…1 nation (Morocco).

Lester Meek: Cape Verde got 10 points from…1 nation (Algeria).

Lester Meek: Tunisia got 10 points from…0 nations. Karl Unpingco’s Cape Verde take the final qualification spot! Let’s see the final table.

SF2-Final.png?t=1271583520

Lester Meek: Mikael Schøler’s Mali, Jeremy English’s Sudan, Tyler Burrows’s Egypt and Didier Dardon’s Morocco all make the final. Karl Unpingco’s Cape Verde qualify as the second island nation to do so, with the possibility of one more doing so in the next Semi-Final.

~

Lester Meek: That’s it for tonight! Viewers via BATRACER, you will be treated to the third and last Semi-Final tomorrow night! Don’t forget to tune in!

Archived