Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

There is a link to an excel spreadsheet within the thread which summarises things quite nicely for those with a short attention span like me.

For anyone looking for a far more simple system, there was a thread on here by Zero Sea which strongly advocated using Have Faith on all your players both before the game and at half time, and I have to say having tried it that the results have been very impressive.

I have evolved that idea somewhat now and in tandem with Mr H's tactics have had plenty of success.

Basically now before a game I do this

Any complacency reported - I expect a win

Local Derby or Cup Match - For the fans

Any other - Have Faith

Then at half-time

If winning - Have Faith

Drawing when said I expect a win - Disappointed

Losing in any game - Want to see more from you

Drawing when I said Have Faith - Have Faith

Drawing when I said For the Fans - For the Fans

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a link to an excel spreadsheet within the thread which summarises things quite nicely for those with a short attention span like me.

For anyone looking for a far more simple system, there was a thread on here by Zero Sea which strongly advocated using Have Faith on all your players both before the game and at half time, and I have to say having tried it that the results have been very impressive.

I have evolved that idea somewhat now and in tandem with Mr H's tactics have had plenty of success.

Any other - Have Faith

Then at half-time

If winning - Have Faith

Nice thanks for the info, what about individual players though.

I don't use any individual team talks, I prefer just to address the team as a whole and it seems to work extremely well.

I nearly managed an unbeaten season with West Ham using these team talks and the Classic version of your tactic, lost game 37 away at Old Trafford 2-1 Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't use any individual team talks, I prefer just to address the team as a whole and it seems to work extremely well.

I nearly managed an unbeaten season with West Ham using these team talks and the Classic version of your tactic, lost game 37 away at Old Trafford 2-1 Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Nightmare mate, I'm using your theory i am playing a game now against Glasgow Rangers i'm Juventus, I had no complaceny or anything so went to select have faith, But it won't there as a team selection so i did it manually, Should i select you can win this instead or stick with the you have faith.

Yeah sorry mate, stitched you up a bit there, shouldn't really have said I don't use individual team talks as Have Faith has to be selected individually, doh!

What I meant is that I don't give any different individual team talks.

You should definitely stick with have faith in the game you mention, I never ever use you can win, wish luck or anything like that.

Have a look at the team talk feedback after the game, you will hopefully see some positive responses

Yeah sorry mate, stitched you up a bit there, shouldn't really have said I don't use individual team talks as Have Faith has to be selected individually, doh!

What I meant is that I don't give any different individual team talks.

You should definitely stick with have faith in the game you mention, I never ever use you can win, wish luck or anything like that.

Have a look at the team talk feedback after the game, you will hopefully see some positive responses

ok cheers mate, I'll try for a season and if it provides successful for me i'll whack it in the OP.

Just started the 4th season with Charlton in the Championship, got some big names :) Just hope they can perform.

Current starting XI:

GK: Kasper Schmeichel

LB: Grant Basey

CB: Pichu Atienza

CB: Marc Muniesa

RB: Juliano Belletti

DM: Jose Semedo

CM: Clarence Seedorf

CM: Thomas Hovine/Jonjo Shelvey

LS: Diego/Adrian Mutu

ST: John Carew/Zavon Hines

RS: Claudio Pizarro/Micheal Mifsud

Also got Harry Kewell, Phil Neville.

Hopefully with their experience they can take this club to promotion, but I do know that I need some younger players in, as the veterans won't last all that long.

Just started the 4th season with Charlton in the Championship, got some big names :) Just hope they can perform.

Current starting XI:

GK: Kasper Schmeichel

LB: Grant Basey

CB: Pichu Atienza

CB: Marc Muniesa

RB: Juliano Belletti

DM: Jose Semedo

CM: Clarence Seedorf

CM: Thomas Hovine/Jonjo Shelvey

LS: Diego/Adrian Mutu

ST: John Carew/Zavon Hines

RS: Claudio Pizarro/Micheal Mifsud

Also got Harry Kewell, Phil Neville.

Hopefully with their experience they can take this club to promotion, but I do know that I need some younger players in, as the veterans won't last all that long.

I would suggest you get some young squad players to play with the veterans, Use the veterans as big main players and use the squad players as back-up so you can try and keep players as freash as possible.

Any other - Have Faith

Then at half-time

If winning - Have Faith

Thanks for this info.

Getting desperate for consistency I finally decided to give teamtalks a chance, and what a difference it makes (sadly). I have a feeling teamtalks are more important than making a good tactic atm, but that will take some testing. Seriously hope that will change in next version (slider to set importance of teamtalks before you start game :p).

Anyway, thanks for an easy "guide" to teamtalks. 5 wins and 1 draw (3 games against topteams).

Any other - Have Faith

Then at half-time

If winning - Have Faith

Looks practically the same as bubba's team talks.

Mr.Hough, Long time no speakey speakey, Stupid Navy has me stuck at sea.

Just trying your latest release (the joint one) Only had one game im Grimsby Borough (Level 10, using superbladesmen's update) Stalked/Signed a lot of under 18 Blue Square Premier Players my Ass Man gives them 5 STars , so still waiting for the Gel.

Only played 1 game it was a Comfortable 3 - 0 win with the oppenent having 1 shot (off target).

I'll report back with my findings at this level , no screenies though as i only have work computers.

Also IS there any SHouts used?

I think the tactic bug is used on one of them as my player outside the box scored twice. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Edit - Sorry it was the Butters modification

So, I'm gonna use this tactic now, but have a question:

Do you change anything when you want to shut down a game? If you lead the game and want to shut it down to win.

great tactic, going to try with Brisbane Roar in Season 2013. Won the League and Cup easily with Standard and lost the Europa League final to Schalke on pens. The format of this league is absolute ***** though, I had to play 4 competitive matches in 4 days (no joke).

as for team talks , i thought bubba was:

wish luck (always before competitive match)

half-time

complacent - don't expect performance to drop

playing nervously - no pressure

playing poorly - look at stats first, have faith if actually playing okay, dissapointed depending on morale, or sub

playing ok - have faith

good or better - nothing

sub

have faith or pickup where you left off.

full time

poorly - disappointed

okay - if team wins, then lads done well or pleased

excellent/stormer etc - delighted

Right so the latest version of this tactic is just mental... took a while for my players to adjust to it but since they've worked it out we've been nigh-on unstoppable. The highlights so far being 2-1 wins at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge where I absolutely dominated both games and a 3-1 thrashing of Sevilla away in the champions league by my second XI (I'd already topped the group).

My Honduran wonderkid regen hasn't had a rating below 8 playing at right-back in this tactic ... he'll be a 20-year-old superstar in no time thanks to this.

The thing I like the most about this version is the way your team just dominates possession, I think in one game against Notts County I had 71 per cent possession for the match! Some of the team play and goals and simply beautiful to watch too... brilliant stuff lads, hat's off to both of you.

Mr.Hough, Long time no speakey speakey, Stupid Navy has me stuck at sea.

Just trying your latest release (the joint one) Only had one game im Grimsby Borough (Level 10, using superbladesmen's update) Stalked/Signed a lot of under 18 Blue Square Premier Players my Ass Man gives them 5 STars , so still waiting for the Gel.

Only played 1 game it was a Comfortable 3 - 0 win with the oppenent having 1 shot (off target).

I'll report back with my findings at this level , no screenies though as i only have work computers.

Also IS there any SHouts used?

Hey Wesley, Good to hear from you mate, There are no shouts in the Joint tactic and if you have trouble with it try the Unbeaten tactic aswell thats in the OP awesome mate.

Take care bud.

So, I'm gonna use this tactic now, but have a question:

Do you change anything when you want to shut down a game? If you lead the game and want to shut it down to win.

I leave the tactic to play out, It's generally strong in defence so i haven't needed to worry about closing games out.

Right so the latest version of this tactic is just mental... took a while for my players to adjust to it but since they've worked it out we've been nigh-on unstoppable. The highlights so far being 2-1 wins at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge where I absolutely dominated both games and a 3-1 thrashing of Sevilla away in the champions league by my second XI (I'd already topped the group).

My Honduran wonderkid regen hasn't had a rating below 8 playing at right-back in this tactic ... he'll be a 20-year-old superstar in no time thanks to this.

The thing I like the most about this version is the way your team just dominates possession, I think in one game against Notts County I had 71 per cent possession for the match! Some of the team play and goals and simply beautiful to watch too... brilliant stuff lads, hat's off to both of you.

Brilliant Excellent thanks very much.

Brilliant Excellent thanks very much.

Mr Hough let me first congratulate you on a very good tactic. I am now playing fm10 again after not playing it for 3 months because i gave up on the game.

I am playing as Arsenal and i cannot decide if i should play Bedenter as the central striker of the three. I have read on the forum that if you play the big target man striker through the middle he gets more headed goals when the crosses come in from the flanks. Also it seems that most people are suggesting that the creative strikers e.g RVP, Arshavin and Walcott should play as the wide strikers because they have better skills to deliver crosses when the pull wide. I see from the first post that you played as Arsenal for 10 games and results where good, could you let me know how you had the three strikers set up.

My final question is i would like to ask is what tactic would you recommend (the final version classic or jp wood and mr hough final version)

Thanks in advance for the answers

I can't remember who i played upfront as i have deleted that save now damn sorry.

I do remember though that although i won all my games i had a rocky start.

Out of the strikers I'd have Eduardo/Bentner Center Van persie Left Walcott Right.

Walcott missed so many chances though because of his poor composure and finishing so maybe try Vela here aswell.

There both basically the same tactic so either one which prefer Classic or the new wizard.

I turned the latest version into a classic as i prefer classic tactics and have had unrivalled success with my Liverpool team and been absolutely destroyed with my Milan team. For me it shows that you really do need to use Mr H's filters. I was playing Pirlo as the anchor man and as he's not very physical and can't tackle his rating has been very poor.

So IMHO I think the old classic and latest Hough/JP version are both just as good as each other as long as you have the correct players and player cohesion. I have that with Milan but only half the players fit the bill.

I'll update the forum with my Milan results and then again with my next season when I can get a couple of much needed younger more physical players in.

Ye okey Mr. H - I noticed it is quite strong defensive aswell, even if I'm just at pre-season games right now. However it seems like I have some problem scoring the goals when my opponents take the lead. But maybe it is just mental as you said it. Gonna play this tactic for the whole season and see how it goes. (IF Elfsborg, Swedish Allsvenskan, 3rd Season) I made the attribute filters down to 11.

The attacking corner setup for this tactic is very effective. My CB Jordan Spence just scored a hattrick against Liverpool.

I'm using 'Mr Hough and JP Woody Final version 10.3 (Everton Nov 2009)' btw.

Mr. Hough and JP Woody, thanks for the great tactic! I'm using the Final Version 10.3 and it's doing wonders for me. Top of table in European table and top of league having won all games :)

I'm playing with Manchester United atm with Dzeko (on the left since he can play with either foot), Rooney (in the middle), and Berbatov (on the right) up front. I'm having Gibson (MC) and Fletcher (MC) in the middle with Carrick (DM) right behind them.

First question, for the DM slot its set to Defend. Would changing it to Support make a big difference in terms of attacking and defending? I've tried it on Support for 2-3 games against lesser teams and there's not much difference there, but perhaps that comes down to the teams not being able to attack as well as the better ones. I'm wondering, would it make a big difference in the long run?

Second question, I realise that the goals I concede (not that many actually, 1 every 2 games or so) come from counter attacks and long through balls. Would zonal defending improve that or is man to man defending still the best option?

Thanks again!

Mr. Hough and JP Woody, thanks for the great tactic! I'm using the Final Version 10.3 and it's doing wonders for me. Top of table in European table and top of league having won all games :)

I'm playing with Manchester United atm with Dzeko (on the left since he can play with either foot), Rooney (in the middle), and Berbatov (on the right) up front. I'm having Gibson (MC) and Fletcher (MC) in the middle with Carrick (DM) right behind them.

First question, for the DM slot its set to Defend. Would changing it to Support make a big difference in terms of attacking and defending? I've tried it on Support for 2-3 games against lesser teams and there's not much difference there, but perhaps that comes down to the teams not being able to attack as well as the better ones. I'm wondering, would it make a big difference in the long run?

Second question, I realise that the goals I concede (not that many actually, 1 every 2 games or so) come from counter attacks and long through balls. Would zonal defending improve that or is man to man defending still the best option?

Thanks again!

With your first question i think you have answered it already because if changing it to support against lesser teams haven't made an effect then i don't think it will in the end because if i changed from defend to support against lesser teams and i didn't see any increase in performance then i would just leave it the way it was.

The second question it tricky. The way i think of marking is that Zonal means players need to have a good strong understanding and also some high mental stats like concentration positioning anticipation amongst others. Man Marking is more like a Stopper I'm gonna get the ball from you mentality where a strong understanding isn't necessarily needed to perform so as a tactic release i used man marking you could always try zonal and see if that makes any change.

i'd recommend getting back the 3 ST to AMC position (like someone already done in other version) in wizard's new version, i'm Gladbach, won German 1st division on 1st season and now, on the 2nd season, just won Bayern Munich away 3-1, 4 CCC to 1.

I finish my first season with Arsenal. Winning all the competitions. We win the cup of the league, the FA, the Premier and the Champions League against the Inter. Only bought Otamendi, Rodwell and Rossi in the first step, and in the middle step David Luiz and Gabriel Silva.

Pics:

Premier League:

arsenalliga.png

Titular team:

arsenalteam1.png

Champions League:

arsenalchampion.png

At the beggining the tactic was a little inconsistent, but then the results are amazing.

Well Done JP and Hough.

i'd recommend getting back the 3 ST to AMC position (like someone already done in other version) in wizard's new version, i'm Gladbach, won German 1st division on 1st season and now, on the 2nd season, just won Bayern Munich away 3-1, 4 CCC to 1.

Are you still using strikers in those AMC positions or did you buy AMCs? Also, did you change any instructions after moving the STs into AMC positions?

moving the 3 strikers to the AMC position worked a treat in the classic version that was released, all had forward arrows and were a complete nightmare for the AI defence, with the 2 MC's also joing attack. Rooney is averaging a goal a game for me as the central AMC, and even HAmsik has my MC is scoring alot from one on ones being played in by the 3 amc's.

but with the latest wizard i dont know what role to give them, terquista(sp?), attacking midfielder/playmaker...still playing around with those settings.

just played a game away to blackburn who set up with a 4-1-4-1 formation, put all 3 AMC's on trequartista roles...

blackburnvmanutd.th.png

blackburnvmanutd2.th.png

the long shot count is purely down to my freekick taker Gourcuff (who also tends to shoot from distance at every chance due to his PPM) he had 11 shots on goal and not a single one on target!!! can't remeber if has scored any goal from a setpiece :s)

had brilliant possession and my passes completed was 86%.

or it could simply have been down to my motivation skills.....

mikephelan.th.png

moving the 3 strikers to the AMC position worked a treat in the classic version that was released, all had forward arrows and were a complete nightmare for the AI defence, with the 2 MC's also joing attack. Rooney is averaging a goal a game for me as the central AMC, and even HAmsik has my MC is scoring alot from one on ones being played in by the 3 amc's.

but with the latest wizard i dont know what role to give them, terquista(sp?), attacking midfielder/playmaker...still playing around with those settings.

just played a game away to blackburn who set up with a 4-1-4-1 formation, put all 3 AMC's on trequartista roles...

blackburnvmanutd.th.png

blackburnvmanutd2.th.png

the long shot count is purely down to my freekick taker Gourcuff (who also tends to shoot from distance at every chance due to his PPM) he had 11 shots on goal and not a single one on target!!! can't remeber if has scored any goal from a setpiece :s)

had brilliant possession and my passes completed was 86%.

or it could simply have been down to my motivation skills.....

mikephelan.th.png

You should know though that by switching the roles or even duties makes no difference at all in this case since all three forwards have custom instructions. The difference is in the actual positioning of the players, they simply sit deeper, inside the space in front of the opposing defenders.

Anyway, I've been trying to do the same thing (moving all three strikers to AMC positions) with my team but am having some very mixed results. However, my team as a whole is not exactly blowing anyone away to begin with. I'm winning games but a large majority are 1-0. Also, my team is still not gelled yet so I'm attributing these low scores to the lack of gelling.

I'm playing with Cordoba in Liga Adelante btw.

Congratulations,you are this weeks Moron of the week.

haha love it

adonis

that formation which is 4 1 2 3 att mids looks good might try that when playing in cups to see if its any good. do you play any old strikers they r do they have t be att mids ??

Hi Mr Hough / JP Woody

I've had very good results with your new tactics, first Mr Hough's Final version then changed to the joint venture during the season.

I have been playing in my 2nd season with Liverpool (EPL), Leeds (Championship), Stevenage (2nd Div), Newcastle Jets (Austraila A-League)

Liverpool were largely unchanged from the first season when I bought Jonjo Shelvey, Ryan Shawcross, Ashley Young and Tom Huddlestone, I like to get English players if I can and had pre-season games to adapt. In the 2nd seasson I just bought Edin Dzeco for 29.5Mil. He has been great, mostly played as the middle striker with Young and Torres. I've been slowly introducing Shelvey since season 1 and he has been great in the middle of the park in season 2, my Gerrard replacement I think. I just beat Blackburn in the FA Cup semi final, which was my 59th game unbeaten ( been close a couple of times, 90th minute goal against Sunderland I remember by Dzeco ). The league stats at this time are 33-28-5-0-98-18-89 ( Pld, Won, Drn, Lst, For, Ag, Pts ) 15 points above 2nd placed Arsenal. Won Carling Cup, in Semis of Champs League, in Final of FA Cup. Last season I managed to win the league and Champions League with you other tactic version, mainly Classic.

With Leeds I brought in a lot of new players trying to prepare for the next step, I wasn't anticipating promotion to Prem this season, but with 3 games to go, Champions of the Championship. In the 2nd season a regen striker called Wilson has been great and I finally managed to get Jonathan Cristaldo with the work permit being granted. My main front three are Cristaldo, Beckford and Wilson ( Regen ), although I have rotated him a bit with Snodgrass and he has been awsome. Only scored 8 goals in 28 games, with 21 assists and an average rating of 7.37. Because of the many new players I added, results were a little up and down to start with. I did ensure I did always play established players in the games though, like Snodgrass, Howson, Kisnorbo, Beckford. There league stats at this time are 43-31-8-4-116-53-101 ( Pld, Won, Drn, Lst, For, Ag, Pts ) 12 points above 2nd place.

Stevenage have also exceeded expectations in League 2. With 6 games to go they have got promotion ( this worries me though as I don't think the team is ready for league 1 and finances are poor ). I haven't changed their side too much ( no funds ), got Ashley Grimes for free in 2nd season and a better DMC (Stuart Kettlewell). During the season I managed to pick up the odd player. Their league stats at this time are 41-30-6-5-94-36-96 ( Pld, Won, Drn, Lst, For, Ag, Pts ) 15 points above 2nd place.

With Newcastle Jets I won the league by 4 points, Their league stats are 27-18-4-5-80-29-58 Pld, Won, Drn, Lst, For, Ag, Pts ). Won the Grand Final 5-1, some of the games these guys played, they just destroyed teams, I have a 9-0 and 3 6-0 wins. My star men up front were Matt Simon ( free season 2 signing), Marko Jesic ( already at the Jets, wondering why I never played him in season 1 ) and Michael Baird ( free in season one ).

What I've been trying to do since starting this save is bring youngsters for game experience, I think this is were I lose a few games, but it has to be done, worked wonders with Shelvey and Krisztian Nemeth ( Liverpool ) when he comes back from loan. Also helped Daniel Pacheco as well.

During my 2nd season Liverpool were sold and Jim Fagan ( the new director ) upgraded the Youth facilities to state of the art and gave me 80 million for purchases before the January transfer window. The thing is I don't need anyone, well I eventually bought Fabian Delph for 15 mil.

With regards to Semi-Pro, lower teams I struggled with Ayr United and was sacked (finished bottom, expectation I think and this was with classic tactics etc and I kept messing about with the team then....lessons learnt), then took a job at Chester in November who were now 18th in the BSN, but struggled getting players etc and evenually resigned after moving them up to 11th. Chester were more frustrating because their expectation was for potential promotion. It's very hard to get the players motivated again once the Morale is very poor.

I've just started looking at these team talks, previously I was just using AM to do the job. I wasn't using OIs, but have started to use the AM for them as well ( not sure if it makes a difference or not at this stage ).

Anyway, I seem to be rattling on and this thread is about you tactics, I'm basically in agreement with most other people in this thread. Great tactic guys.

Cheers,

Boony

PS It will be nice if the real life Liverpool emulate me next season...new owner, sign Dzeco....and win the lot ( alright maybe not the Champions League )

haha love it

adonis

that formation which is 4 1 2 3 att mids looks good might try that when playing in cups to see if its any good. do you play any old strikers they r do they have t be att mids ??

i use balotelli/rooney/diouf/fleck....but i have welbeck/mecheda/Lukaku...who i play in cup games and currently have all three training as AMC's and learning the new position...not done too bad in the cup games...but the AMC's need pace to get on the end of through balls and dribble as much as possbile