Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

mr hough, I guess decreasing the tempo +rfd and rwb seldom for fullbacks will help you a lot to make them hold their position.

I never have problems with them, my problem is as you might know, that I have 60%+ each game but cant score/find ccc.

when Ive found a way to score more, than its increasing the mentality of each player, but his leaves gaps in defence, but when I play for example with the mentality system of counter play, so that my highest mentality is like my striker with 11 notches, I have badly problems with my defence!!!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mr.hough, did you try to change your overall individual mentality?

me myself am playing 4231 with wingers and two DMCs and I guess Ive found out, where my defensive problem lies.

I always thought, well my AMC or lets say my front 4 can do whatever they want as I have 6 players covering them, but after nearly 1.5 seasons, I could make some very important observations.

the match engine, however you set the mentality,marking closing down settings for your DMCs always behaves the way, how much gap is left in the holes.

well it might be a little bit difficult to understand, so I give an example.

I used my amc as a trequartista type with high mentality, full cf, pressing (9), loose zonal marking and so on, so that he stays very close to the striker.

I wanted my wingers to play very offensive to, to drag back the opposition fullbacks into their own third.

but what I forgot was, what kind of an effect will these settings have on my defensive behavior?

well roam is the the new term for free role, so it will also mean that however you set your amcs marking setting, he will still be not really supporting your two DMCs since hell be always on the way to find room, even when defending.

as the two wingers do always play very offensive, my two DMCs must fill the gaps.

now the most important thing:

when I was defending, I played more a system like 4-2-0-0 in the midfield area, since noone of my front 4 was really responsible for an opposition player, so this caused that even my two DMCs mentality was slight defensive/normal and their closing down (own half) and d-line(8) they immediately run into that gap (midfield area) since they had tight man marking and left a huge hole in the area between my d-line and the midfield, which could easily be exploited by an opposition AMC or a DLF.

whenever they left their position, my two center backs had also to leave their positions, since they have to follow and mark the opposition strikers.

well what Ive done is, to just give more attention to the tactic creator and its mentality and closing down settings.

I saw that however you set your players duty and role, the mentality settings and closing down settings are always build globally.

so its not like your center backs have a mentality of 3 notches and closing down 5 and your most defensive DMC mentality of 13 and closing down 20, because you want him to stay more upfront and to get the ball as early as possible.

this leaves gaps between those 3 players and has on impact on your overall defending strategy.

as the tactical&theorems stuff says, you must be sure, that the mentality of each player is close to the other and also the closing down settings.

just an example

how do you think, it would look like in rl, when mourinho asks his most defensive dmc, lets say xabi to immediately close down the opposition deep lying playmaker whenever he receives the ball and when at the same time, xabi's partner is busy with the other midfielder and the two center backs are ordered to stay deep (low mentality) so that they dont get caught by a through ball?

just imagine, wouldnt be there gaps in the area d-line-midfield which could be used by the opposition?

I guess we FM players are always making the mistake, to first focus on the attack and then when weve done it, we try to stabilize the defence by changing and experimenting with differend closing down, marking settings and d-line for the defensive players.

but sometimes or often it isnt a question of the right marking, closing down and mentality setting for your defensive players, you also have to considere those things for your midfield and attack.

well what I have done is, to use a rigid standart philophy and then just changed very little things and took away free roles from my players, since I want nobody to have the luxury of not working defensively and now, I am so stabilized in defence, I just give you an example of that.

Ive just played two games with these settings won against samporia 3-0 and my biggest success 2-1 away to milan and this without 6 first choice players, since I have an important cl game against real in midweek

just have a look at the screen:

acmpal.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still not happy with the wide formation? Have you decided if you're keeping the wingers in the AM or midfield positions? Also, what team are you testing it with atm, and how is that going?

Sorry for all the questions :D

I'm kind of happy with it at the minute, I'm testing with Nottingham, going well only played 6 games though won 4 lost 2, It's silly mistakes that makes me concede like loose passing and stuff like that, I don't think it's massivly the tactic.

mr hough, I know you mentioned it several times, but dont you think, that experimenting with an amc instead a striker would be better for your defence?

with the right settings for your amc, Im pretty sure, you would play much more solid in the back.

I am currently testing my own, my amc is playing with a very middle mentality+closing down (17) with tight zonal marking and I can really see good results at the back since my midfield has become very dominant.

my only problem is scoring as I am not struggling to find ccc but I score not much even I am the team with the most goals scored^^

i have to find a way, to make my striker more effective in terms of scoring as hes more the assist maker for the two wingers who run into channels!!!

if you want, I can send you my tactic, which isnt that offensive like the other one, at the back im really tight, maybe you could make something out of my front 4^^

mr hough, I know you mentioned it several times, but dont you think, that experimenting with an amc instead a striker would be better for your defence?

with the right settings for your amc, Im pretty sure, you would play much more solid in the back.

I am currently testing my own, my amc is playing with a very middle mentality+closing down (17) with tight zonal marking and I can really see good results at the back since my midfield has become very dominant.

my only problem is scoring as I am not struggling to find ccc but I score not much even I am the team with the most goals scored^^

i have to find a way, to make my striker more effective in terms of scoring as hes more the assist maker for the two wingers who run into channels!!!

if you want, I can send you my tactic, which isnt that offensive like the other one, at the back im really tight, maybe you could make something out of my front 4^^

Go for it bud

Go for it bud

here it is.

Ive just tried it with my palermo side.

therefore would be nice to get a report, even when you dont like it^^

as I wrote before, the problem is that my two wingers are usually the ones involved in ccc.

since I dont have good goal scoring wingers, I miss a lot.

but Iam pretty sure, that when my main striker would find these chances, I could score much more.

possession and defending are not problems for now, since I am always dominating the opposition, no matter whether away to milan or inter, I always have at least 55% against weeker sides at home even 68% with passing rates 80%+ but I cant buy anything with it^^

edit: lol forgot the link http://www.file-upload.net/download-2812733/thespecialone-4-2-3-1--Palermo--M-r-2011-.tac.html

here it is.

Ive just tried it with my palermo side.

therefore would be nice to get a report, even when you dont like it^^

as I wrote before, the problem is that my two wingers are usually the ones involved in ccc.

since I dont have good goal scoring wingers, I miss a lot.

but Iam pretty sure, that when my main striker would find these chances, I could score much more.

possession and defending are not problems for now, since I am always dominating the opposition, no matter whether away to milan or inter, I always have at least 55% against weeker sides at home even 68% with passing rates 80%+ but I cant buy anything with it^^

edit: lol forgot the link http://www.file-upload.net/download-2812733/thespecialone-4-2-3-1--Palermo--M-r-2011-.tac.html

mr.hough you could also increase the d-line from 8 to 12 notches, since ive observed, that the opposition has to much time in my own half and can come very deep into my third.

mr.hough you could also increase the d-line from 8 to 12 notches, since ive observed, that the opposition has to much time in my own half and can come very deep into my third.

I'll have a look after i have finished my winger tactic, I'm currently doinf ok with that, I Concede mainly due to defenders mistakes rather than tactical ones.

I'll have a look after i have finished my winger tactic, I'm currently doinf ok with that, I Concede mainly due to defenders mistakes rather than tactical ones.

ok thx.

I got time, but pls test it with d-line 12 notches aswell.

seems to me much more solid, since the opposition can not run so deep into my own half!!!

anyway good luck and have a nice day

I'm kind of happy with it at the minute, I'm testing with Nottingham, going well only played 6 games though won 4 lost 2, It's silly mistakes that makes me concede like loose passing and stuff like that, I don't think it's massivly the tactic.
Nah, nowhere near ready yet, going well though

Ohh you are a tease ;)

i know your all eager to have this tactic but if mr hough was to release it and not be totally satisfied with it then odds on people would be ripping him to bits so patience or try and take a few of the ideas floating round on this and many other fm sites and try and make your own while you wait !!

i know your all eager to have this tactic but if mr hough was to release it and not be totally satisfied with it then odds on people would be ripping him to bits so patience or try and take a few of the ideas floating round on this and many other fm sites and try and make your own while you wait !!

Well said mate

I understand that it may not be aimed at me. Yet, I was just asking a question, not 'ripping him to bits'.

Hey peeps, I been using MRhoughs first winger tactic on FML, got me 2 promotions then i messed about a bit(lost the tactic i had) yes it needed some small tweaks to work but his basic template still stands. Really looking forward to when he brings out his ultimate winger tactic. So take your time Mrhough get it the way you like it and let everyone enjoy winning against the machine. Better feeling when youj beat real life managers. All the best peeps.

MC the CHEF

Hough i've got to admit, when reading your first post initially, it can be quite overwhelming.

Just a suggestion, because i know theres been a lot of discussion on it within the thread, but it might be worth doing a brief summary over which tactic seems to have had the most success with users. Other wise the range of choice i think may be a bit off putting

well mate, looks not bad, but I guess what we fm users dont neet more is another narrow tactic.

we want to have winger tactics similiar to what top teams irl play.

so 451, 4231,442 and so on.

did you ever see manutd or barcelona, ac milan and so on playing with this kind of a tactic? or a tactic with 1dmc, 2cm and 3 main strikers?

well mate, looks not bad, but I guess what we fm users dont neet more is another narrow tactic.

we want to have winger tactics similiar to what top teams irl play.

so 451, 4231,442 and so on.

did you ever see manutd or barcelona, ac milan and so on playing with this kind of a tactic? or a tactic with 1dmc, 2cm and 3 main strikers?

Well, kind of, when Chelsea played the 'diamond' formation, as did Milan when they had a midfield 4 of Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka. And considering that the central forward is slightly withdrawn, its not a million miles away.

Well, kind of, when Chelsea played the 'diamond' formation, as did Milan when they had a midfield 4 of Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka. And considering that the central forward is slightly withdrawn, its not a million miles away.

well a diamond formation is still something else than a 22123 lol

even the 451 of ferguson, which some people compare to the legendary 4123 of mr.hough is quite something else.

remember, in mr.hougs tac the two side strikers are regarded as normal forwards and not very attacking wingers.

the role of the offensive winger is being considered as AMR/L

so for example, I want to play with manutd and wanna use his tactic.

do you think, nani and valencia would fit to the role of the side strikers?

Mr Hough,

Any tips on how to make my full backs not cover so many miles during the matches?

The tactic is amazing and by far is the best I've ever used on FM. I've tweaked it a little bit as most people do (I've dropped the middle striker to AMC and Gourcuff is playing great in that role), but my only dislike is that the full backs get absolutely knackered. It appears to be because they simply run more miles than all the other players. I've tried dropping their mentality down a few notches but it didn't make any difference at all.

Any help or advice you could give would be great.

Mr Hough,

Any tips on how to make my full backs not cover so many miles during the matches?

The tactic is amazing and by far is the best I've ever used on FM. I've tweaked it a little bit as most people do (I've dropped the middle striker to AMC and Gourcuff is playing great in that role), but my only dislike is that the full backs get absolutely knackered. It appears to be because they simply run more miles than all the other players. I've tried dropping their mentality down a few notches but it didn't make any difference at all.

Any help or advice you could give would be great.

There is loads of things you could do, But it proberly won't make any difference because the tactic is so attacking, the fullbacks are designed to go up and push the opposition back and also pull them out wide so it opens gaps inside the middle.

Besy thing i could suggest is try and and have subs on the bench that can play in these positions.

Normally i dont like using tactics other people make, but now i decide to use the unbeaten version (4-1-2-3) if im not mistaken, and it works like a charm in LLM, i expected it wouldnt cause of the creative freedom and high attack, but it works :D

Promoted to Jupiler league (second division in the netherlands), and i beated a club from the eredivisie (First division and the highest) without a problem! thanks Mr Hough!