Football Manager 2011 - Revolutionary new game mode?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're forgetting that your staff can get things wrong. Take your scouts for example. On FM08 I had a scout tell me that Rene Mihelic had the potential to be better than Frank Lampard, although it was quite clear to me he was never going to be that good (and I was right).

Besides scouting reports, one has statistics...Whats his pass ratio? How many Key headers vs total headers has he won? That would be the main way we would judge a player's worth. How well has he actually performed on the pitch?

I suspect a lot of current FM players never ever look at the stats page, being content to look at Goals, Assists, and Ratings in conjunction with attributes to make their decisions. Properly done, with the stats page being presented where attributes currently are, an attentive manager would have little problem making decisions in a league of strangers. The only thing is, just because a player has done this in the past, there's no guarentee he'll do that in the future...just like real life.

I have always liked the idea of the stats page and use it regularly myself, and i think this is a good idea. The current 1-20 system for me is good for quick gaming. you find good players, you get them.

But i do like the idea of having to work a bit more for players, and finding players that are relativley unknown. For this reason, I try to not follow the ratings system currently used too much. I do look at it, but i focus more on their stats page than their attributes page.

An example in FM 09 when I had attribute masking, instead of scouting to unlock the attributes i just looked at the stats page. And i discovered a regen from chelsea named Alan Smith. his stats were good, and fairly consistent over a couple of years so i paid for him. his finishing was 9 and heading was 15, but he went on to be the top scorer in the league for anumber of years.

What i really like is the fact that despite having good or bad attributes, a player can still perform in the game (messi continually underperforms compared to his stats in FM10)

but i would like it much more if the attributes were either fuzzy or arrow representations (showing improvements for attributes based on stats, and current form. )

My ideal idea would be to have two sets of graders. one for current form, and one for their known ability. for example, ronaldinho had a few years in the wilderness. it would be good to see arrow indicators or scores representing the form slump so you can see what his performances are current form wise, compared to his reputation ability througout his career.

Never open a player's profile and set up your squad pages to only show stats ;)

It is possible, using the XML editor, to remove the attributes yourself and have other things displayed on the player's profile I think.

what about changing player's profile page information to show only graphical attributes not numerical. it's possible from settings. at least you can have vague idea not that exact number. this is not up to the mark but okay-ish till SI decides to implement this.

Exactly...

We shouldn't take the in-game attributes as absolute, or compare them to real life.

But indeed it doesn't take 6 months of scouting to realize Terry is good at tackling or that Chrouch is a better aerial player than Messi. etc etc

In-game attributes are what they are: numbers that reflect and "translate" into a comprehensible and comparative scale the real-life attributes/attitude of the players.

Playing without attributes would make no sense... Those who should be hidden are indeed hidden, and it takes first-hand experience to find out some of those.

But you don't really need a scout or a coach to tell you Dida is inconsistent and blunder-prone, or Balotelli is a ***** who'll be poison for the dressing-room atmosphere.

I don't know... sometimes the hunger for a more challenging game goes in odd directions... Why not hiding the roles too?

OK then, please answer this question from your real life knowledge:

What is the attributes of the starting right midfielder of Dardanelspor from the Turkish 1st league? Do you know this info from the real life? No... But in the game, you know it except 3-4 attribute.

You're forgetting that your staff can get things wrong. Take your scouts for example. On FM08 I had a scout tell me that Rene Mihelic had the potential to be better than Frank Lampard, although it was quite clear to me he was never going to be that good (and I was right).

Isn't it more realistic? In real life, are all the transfers perfect? Do every player meet expectations from him?

Good work ajani.

I'm curious to try at least one saved game with this skin (with real players unticked) just to see what it'd be like.

Of course, you've still got the polygon which gives you a 'feel' for what type of skills the player has.

You can get rid of the polygon either.. Believe me the game will be more fun and realistic.. You will evaluate your players by watching them on the pitch. Your scouts will offer you some players. And then you will look at his stats (not attributes). If you are not satisied, you will watch 2-3 min highlight of him from his previous matchs. And then you will buy him. Then you will put him into your team and you will realize he is or he is not suitable for your team. Isnt it like that in real life, too?

What is the attributes of the starting right midfielder of Dardanelspor from the Turkish 1st league? Do you know this info from the real life? No... But in the game, you know it except 3-4 attribute.

Last I checked I am not a real life manager either. And getting some video of his games wouldn't be that difficult if I were.

You can get rid of the polygon either.. Believe me the game will be more fun and realistic.. You will evaluate your players by watching them on the pitch. Your scouts will offer you some players. And then you will look at his stats (not attributes). If you are not satisied, you will watch 2-3 min highlight of him from his previous matchs. And then you will buy him. Then you will put him into your team and you will realize he is or he is not suitable for your team. Isnt it like that in real life, too?

No, in real life most of the evaluations are done in practice. And a manager/couches/scouts would watch a lot more than 2-3 min of highlights. Evaluating a player using their stats is a really poor idea and there is no manager that does that.

Last I checked I am not a real life manager either. And getting some video of his games wouldn't be that difficult if I were.

It is not difficult in the game, too. Actually, you can watch him playing or you can just look at his statistics through previous matches.

No, in real life most of the evaluations are done in practice. And a manager/couches/scouts would watch a lot more than 2-3 min of highlights. Evaluating a player using their stats is a really poor idea and there is no manager that does that.

Really? What about that prozone or tools lke that then? Thay are for the statistics about teams and players. I think, you should do some research about the daily routines of managers before discussing this kind of things with me. Just an improvement of scouting reports like more than one strength and weakness and may be a mini clip of that player will be enough for the proposed hidden attribute option I think.

Never open a player's profile and set up your squad pages to only show stats ;)

It is possible, using the XML editor, to remove the attributes yourself and have other things displayed on the player's profile I think.

Yes, but I'm concerned the AI wouldn't be held to similar restrictions. It seems the AI might do all it's decision-making based on CA/PA alone, which we don't get to see. If that's true, we're already at a disadvantage, and all the "The AI Cheats" threads might have a point after all...

The AI only 'sees' CA and PA in the same sort of fuzzy way that you see coach/scout ratings of players' ability and potential, i.e. according to their judging skills and distorted by factors like player reputation. In that sense, they're at a significant disadvantage to the human user who can see and use all the different playing attributes.

If anything, playing without any attributes visible is probably much closer to the AI's approach.

Has anyone here played International Cricket Captain (apologies if its already been mentioned)? in that game you don't get to see any stats except the basic left-/right-handed, batting, bowling average etc.

The only way you know if a players good is if their average is good. There me be good players who have a bad average but you can't tell. Which is just like real life. Some kid who plays badly for Notts Forest say could sign for Man U and become the best player in the country. But if he's not playing well for Forest he sure as hell isn't going to sign for Man U. Now in FM he might average 6 a game but if his stats develop into something respectable you'll sign someone who's played badly. If anything thats a gross misrepresentation of football.

You do know there happens to be a tab called "Scouting Knowledge", where you get an overview of which countries/areas your STAFF is knowledgeable about...

I am not a real life manager, but I'm pretty sure that if I was one, and if I was working at a club with some ties in Turkey, I would get a decent idea of what to expect from said guy...

Indeed the game hides the attributes for players you technically have no chance to know much about.

If you manage Bromsgrove I'm positive your staff won't be able to tell you if the striker of Café Opera is a lightning-quick or snail-slow.

Maybe just have all the players' attributes be on the scale

World-Class

Very Good

Good

Average

Poor

Terrible

Then you could see how good each player was at certain things, but you wouldn't have the unrealistic 0-20 scale you see now. I think it'd work.

Really? What about that prozone or tools lke that then? Thay are for the statistics about teams and players. I think, you should do some research about the daily routines of managers before discussing this kind of things with me. Just an improvement of scouting reports like more than one strength and weakness and may be a mini clip of that player will be enough for the proposed hidden attribute option I think.

I don't think that is near enough at all. And you should do some research on the amount of work that goes into evaluating a player. Managers do not simply sit in offices looking at spreadsheets of stats.

Your scouts will offer you some players. And then you will look at his stats (not attributes). If you are not satisied, you will watch 2-3 min highlight of him from his previous matchs. And then you will buy him. Then you will put him into your team and you will realize he is or he is not suitable for your team. Isnt it like that in real life, too?

You are way off the mark thinking this is what real life managers do to get a player.

It is not difficult in the game, too. Actually, you can watch him playing or you can just look at his statistics through previous matches.

I have a life. I don't want to personally research every player my scouts bring. I am happy that you have hours upon hours to do this sort of thing.

I have a life. I don't want to personally research every player my scouts bring. I am happy that you have hours upon hours to do this sort of thing.

I don't think anyone is suggesting you should. If this mode is made available and implimented the way we've proposed, all you'll have to do to not use it is not check the checkbox. But, hey. Even with the checkbox checked, the only real differences would be stats on the player page instead of attributes, no attribute views, no ability to search by attributes, and no ability to display attributes in search results.

Attributes on or off, we can watch games with a player we're looking at in them. I do, but only rarely...if I'm really interested and/or want to unsettle him, thus wanting to generate a news article. That wouldn't change, and has nothing/little to do with the proposed method of play.

Which should be optional. You don't want to play this way, don't. Some of us would love it, though...and I say, "the more options, the better."

I don't think anyone is suggesting you should. If this mode is made available and implimented the way we've proposed, all you'll have to do to not use it is not check the checkbox. But, hey. Even with the checkbox checked, the only real differences would be stats on the player page instead of attributes, no attribute views, no ability to search by attributes, and no ability to display attributes in search results.

Attributes on or off, we can watch games with a player we're looking at in them. I do, but only rarely...if I'm really interested and/or want to unsettle him, thus wanting to generate a news article. That wouldn't change, and has nothing/little to do with the proposed method of play.

Which should be optional. You don't want to play this way, don't. Some of us would love it, though...and I say, "the more options, the better."

I think the amount of work going into this option would detract from work done elsewhere. Having attributes are realistic for the most part, and I think an appropriate mix should be made. Blindly getting rid of all attributes is more unrealistic than what we have now. All physical attributes can be measured to a higher degree than the 1-20 system currently implemanted. In reality, these attributes are already too vague.

I would be for making the mental attributes more hidden, but the physical and technical attributes are just not really all that hidden in reality.

I also think people vastly underestimate the amount of time it would require to scout players with no attributes as a place to start. See digriz's thinking that 2-3 min is all you need to watch of a player for an example.

Even with the checkbox checked, the only real differences would be stats on the player page instead of attributes, no attribute views, no ability to search by attributes, and no ability to display attributes in search results.

Sounds to me that you don't really need a new game mode - optional or not.

What you're asking for could basically be done if SI enabled us to go a bit further than ajani has and modify a player's profile page further, by totally removing certain sections and adding in new, customised ones.

You can already do that in search and squad screens - while you'd still be able to search by attribute in theory, you could easily avoid doing it. With a bit of customisation, you could effectively make sure you'd never see an attribute again :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK let me get this straight everyone has a new idea on how to make football manager 2011 a better more unique game. In my opinion its simple ive been playing cm manager since cm manager 98 all the way to cm manager 2010 so heres what 2011 should be like.. We want the most out of the game but we also dont need to much detail and information which makes the whole game load forever and take forever to play nowadays..i use to buy sell and loan and play 1 whole season in 1 day of time now i can set up my roster and make it all the way to my first friendly match in 1 day of time. its ridiculous like common soccer is not actually about all this information being put into the game i go out with my friends and im playing soccer and im like hmmmm aggression wow i have 5/20 aggression today and then i think about it and im like theres waay too much information being procceded into these games.. Football manger 2008 is the best manager game up-to-date you can make your team, scout new players, play quick games and be on with your historical cup wins and reputation. We need the games to be maxed out like fm 2008 these new games are like 500 hours to load one match im like **** i'd rather watch a previously recorded match on tv then enjoy this game.. Its not about sooooooooooooo much information just the basic information and maybe even throw some bronze silver or gold shoes symbols on them to perfect there talent analysis and add new small features like that but not wreck the whole game and started addding a billion new ways of information even soccer players themselves are getting confused about what the game is from this SI abruption. We need a basic platform to play safely with other people online, a safe format to not waste time, ENJOY THE GAME LIKE THE OTHER 1O YEARS I PLAYED IT, FAST UNIQUE AND EFFICENTLY TACHTICAL IN YOUR OWN SENCE. This game is becoming something else and we need to just look back at fm manager 2002 fm manager 01/02 fm manager 2008 those games are fast paced games that made it fun to play. the end, i played this game longer than most people could imagine we just need to make it basic like an ordinary soccer game format, and then add a few things thats all.

You went to the trouble of creating an alias, but couldn't bother to hit the enter key once in a while at suitable places. Go figure..

As to the discussion, I agree it would make the game more realistic. But I'm less sure how useful it would be for the average gamer. Like it or not, but attributes is a good way to see how good a player is on paper with a quick glance. When buying players for certain roles we need to know with reasonable certainty whether he fits in that role or not. For this to be implemented scouting and feedback would need to be done in a completely new way. Star ratings could be one way I guess, but anything that would heavily rely on written reports would be a major mistake IMO.

To be honest, I think attributes shouldn't have been included like ever. It makes the game FIFA-esque etc. It's not how it works IRL. The thing is, it would take YEARS to implement realistic scouting and reporting system. Scouts should send 10 times bigger report than they do now, highlights from matches etc...The only solution to this is enhancing 3D engine to the PES/FIFA level, because if FIFA Manager developers reads this thread, FM can be finished, cause it would be SO easier to remove attributes and focus on 3D engine as being the main aspect of the whole game (as it is irl)

I have no idea what I've just said

Yea thats another problem right there that ive thought about, the match engine in fm atm i realise its great in depth etc, but for visuals it doesnt really represent well what is actually happening, for instance there seems to be no collision at all, you wouldnt be able to see if a player is strong or good at tackling by watching in 3d as it is now.

For what it's worth, I've just played through a season with the attributes hidden as per ajani's post up the thread.

Relying on the polygon only, but it was actually really good fun. There's enough information in the polygon to give you an idea of the type of skills a player has and pick a suitable 'role' in the tactics creator, and you just have to rely on your coaches/scouts a little bit more.

The only drawbacks are the lack of info on set piece ability (I just used the recommended set piece takers that you get given in the pre-season backroom meeting) and the fact that hiring coaches/scouts can be a bit tricky without any info on their skills.

Either way, I managed to get Cardiff to 2nd place in the Championship without any money, and 'fake' players loaded from the start.

I recommend having a go - it's a good eye-opener to how an 'attributeless' system could work.

I would still like to see a level setting in the game, i know ppl love this game because of the realistic side here what i think for gameplay mode.

easy = first timer and easy to win most games

normal mode = default gameplay which ppl play now

legendary mode = veteran player's slightly increase AI tactic

world class mode = ultimate challenge for veteran player's those type of ppl that been playing this game since it first started as championship manager. world class mode offer superme tactial AI almost impossible to win game's (almost)

just a suggestion to maker's of football manager please dont hurt me

I am not sure if this has been mentioned, as I only scan read the page, but i too have found FM to be a little tedious in recent years.

Football is such a subjective game, having attributes set in stone is not realistic. I for one would like to see player stats represented in a different way. Perhaps with players attributes being assigned on a continium (for lack of a better term). So, for example, a players finishing could be 11 - 16. This would give the manager a tougher decision to make, rather than just who is clearly better on paper.

I reckon this would be a good idea but maybe it could be limited by a starting difficulty level, set by your managerial experience. What I mean is when you select your profile you could select a type of manager to play as. This would work as picking an experienced old wardog like Harry Redknapp or probably the best example is Avram Grant, ranging through to the fresh-face green horn, like when Chris Coleman, Gareth Southgate or Chris Hughton started managing. You could still set your age to be young if you wanted, so you could have great experience and be a starting manager like Pep Guardiola, but if you wanted a challenge with an experienced manager you'd go for an age between 55-65, that way you'd have a finite amount of managing time (say auto-retire at 70) and players would sweat over potential retirement, while younger players would possibly have more respect. For the young manager there should be opportunities to improve, much like when an experienced player tutors a youth, the young manager could aim to work with a great manager, maybe as just the assistant manager, managing the reserves or international U18s or U21s, and handling friendlies, which would improve the stats and build reputation without being as risky as taking a job without experience. There could also be coaching badges, maybe the club could reward good onfield results with a good coaching course which would yield better results than sending you on a crap one, the good course improving the stats more, but with a randomiser. Obviously there would be a lot more to the starting manager type of game and it's probably only for the hardcore Football Manager players.

Anyway going back to this thread's heading, the way it would work based on experience of the manager is that certain attributes would be visible and others wouldn't and possibly different attributes would get a more vague description, i.e. a colour coding to determine the likely ability at shooting, crossing etc. If you're an older manager you should have good judge of character so players on your team would have visible attributes for determination, teamwork, concentration etc. I reckon most attributes should be visible but the ones that could be left to coach advice are things like shooting composure, aggression, bravery etc., things you only see in the moment rather than at all times when the player is playing. For the young manager, the only option to get to know attributes would be to ask coaches and also just throw them into reserve and friendly games. You would quickly see the best players and certain attributes should become visible over time, just so that you can determine training around the needs of the player/ team.

To summarise, I'm suggesting that some attributes such as composure would be completely invisible (in-game personal judgement calls) depending on your experience level, that way ensuring that the game could keep the old way and also encorporate a new element. I dont know if this is explained well enough but it would be a good option in the game, there's definitely a difference between young and old managers and the respect they get and also their styles of coaching. Anyway, that's just something I've been mulling over and this thread made me think about it again

I am not sure if this has been mentioned, as I only scan read the page, but i too have found FM to be a little tedious in recent years.

Football is such a subjective game, having attributes set in stone is not realistic. I for one would like to see player stats represented in a different way. Perhaps with players attributes being assigned on a continium (for lack of a better term). So, for example, a players finishing could be 11 - 16. This would give the manager a tougher decision to make, rather than just who is clearly better on paper.

Rankings such as World class, decent etc would be better. Have seperate overall rankings for technical, mental, physical and more anaylsis just on how the players play in scouting would be great.

The current attribute system is realistic, because there is a company called SI that makes a game called Football Manager. When I want to learn more about a player I have interest in signing, I go to my office and fire up the game and check out SI's scouted stats, instead of watching over my team's training sessions. ;)

Firstly, I think the OP has a very good idea and if it could be done I'd be all for it. I've often thought it's far too simplistic just to take a glance at a player and immediately know how good they were at everything on a scale of 1 to 20.

I have two issues:

1) It'd assume the manager has ZERO ability on his own to gauge how good a player is, other than by watching in a game (where you see about 10% of the action as highlights and the engine itself is so far very limited). Logistically, this would be a huge issue to sort: you'd need to develop a realistic match engine which explicitly showed every player being able to exhibit every variation in every attribute at every level in football. That's a lot of 'every's.

2) It'd be nigh on impossible to sign players other than on scouting reports - again the match engine isn't developed enough to make your own judgement.

It would take a huge amount of work "converting" the database, which surely must be approaching 1M players. I'd say the perfect execution of this vision would be at least a decade off, with the main issue being to bring up the match engine to the standard in graphics/animation of FIFA 2010 for example. Unless you want to rely solely on improved staff feedback and lots of generic sentences...

Not to mention it'd be impossible for the non-hardcore gamer...

I liked the suggestion about the range of attributes and a margin of error though.

Now Blab put a good reply some months ago. I just have some issues with the maths that I couldn't let slide...

In my opinion, it wouldn't be better for the following reason: programmers can type in only a finite amount of coach responses, let's say about 5000. So if you load up a database with 10, 20 or 50 000 players, those responses will very soon become repetitive and boring. Something like the press conferences. I like to play databases with 50000 or more players so 1 in 10 players would have the same coach response. If I have 30 players in my squad, there is a good probability that at any given time at least 3 players will have the same coach response.

1 in 10? No, there would still be 1 in 5000. That is 10 in 50,000 with the same response. Not 5000 in 50000. So if you had a team of 30, there is a 30/5000 = 0.6% chance that they'd have the same report.

This could be avoided by typing in responses for all possible attribute combinations, but that is an insane amount of work. If there were only 10 attributes with a 20 point scale, that would require 20^10 responses.

Wrong. There would be 20x10, not 20^10. 200 is a manageable number.

Yes, but nobody is saying that the 1-20 scheme is the exact thing. In fact, in the database things are stored as 1-100 values if I remember correctly. Something we never get to see.

Didn't at least some older FM games (04? 05? 06?) have something like a 1-255 system with certain world class players getting some 'special' attributes?

Until the feedback from scouts has been greatly enhanced I think that the best idea in this thread is the one that had players been rated as 1-4 initially and then they are refined 1-8, 1-12 etc the longer that you 1) scout them or 2) have them in your team. This way you would have an idea of what players are like but would still have to judge them as much (if not more) by how they perform within games themselves.

Really interesting thread this one though.

FM07 and FM09 were amazing. I still play FM09 although since my last 7-season-save went corrupt back in March I haven't played since (mostly with upcoming exams...). A friend gave me 08 after he got 09 and to be honest I never really got into it, FM07 and FM09 will always be the ones for me :)

Wasn't masively impressed with the FM10 demo so never got that. I'll get FM11 and stick to the every two years thing :). Hopefully they'll change a few things that they put in for FM10 back to the FM09 mode.

Here's to a FM filled summer!

I think for that to happen I think you should have a stats shown mode and a hidden stats game mode plus all that would take up to much time and to be honest I do tend to play alot of my under18s like in 1 summer with Liverpool i didnt bring in any players for 1st team just scouted all the best young kids and put them in the Under 18s watched the odd game moved some into the reserves for a couple of games and watched them see if they could cope with that standard then gave them run in carling cup, fa cup games and maybe the odd sub appearances in Champions League and Premiership and sometimes starts.

Thats just how I am with the game though I personally think their couple ways to improve the game like:

1.I would be to introduce manager clauses bounses and get out clauses like real life. These clauses who then allow you to talk to bigger clubs and the bouns clauses could be used for you to create more earnings for yourself

2. You should be able to be appointed a head of acdamey or an actual club under 18s maybe you have and their could be like a minnimum stat to be a youth manager at certain clubs e.g. Working with youngsters 10 for to be a Youth Manager at a League 2 Club and etc.

3. With regards to the earnings i mentioned you should have a bank balance in your club where you could use in future to once you retire you could buy a club then you could manage the clubs sponsors, commerical deals, managers targets, players sales, appoint the dreaded "Director of Football" and things like that.

4. Maybe after years of experience in league maybe the national FA could ask you for your pick on who should be their new national boss.

5. Possibly job interviews for jon that you apply for having to score a certain number to be considered.

These are 5 ideas i think the game could be improved alot let me no what you think

I think for that to happen I think you should have a stats shown mode and a hidden stats game mode plus all that would take up to much time and to be honest I do tend to play alot of my under18s like in 1 summer with Liverpool i didnt bring in any players for 1st team just scouted all the best young kids and put them in the Under 18s watched the odd game moved some into the reserves for a couple of games and watched them see if they could cope with that standard then gave them run in carling cup, fa cup games and maybe the odd sub appearances in Champions League and Premiership and sometimes starts.

Thats just how I am with the game though I personally think their couple ways to improve the game like:

1.I would be to introduce manager clauses bounses and get out clauses like real life. These clauses who then allow you to talk to bigger clubs and the bouns clauses could be used for you to create more earnings for yourself

2. You should be able to be appointed a head of acdamey or an actual club under 18s maybe you have and their could be like a minnimum stat to be a youth manager at certain clubs e.g. Working with youngsters 10 for to be a Youth Manager at a League 2 Club and etc.

3. With regards to the earnings i mentioned you should have a bank balance in your club where you could use in future to once you retire you could buy a club then you could manage the clubs sponsors, commerical deals, managers targets, players sales, appoint the dreaded "Director of Football" and things like that.

4. Maybe after years of experience in league maybe the national FA could ask you for your pick on who should be their new national boss.

5. Possibly job interviews for jon that you apply for having to score a certain number to be considered.

These are 5 ideas i think the game could be improved alot let me no what you think

1. More clauses always gets a :thup: from me.

2. I actually like the idea of being U18 Team Manager.

3. Never. Never ever ever ever ever.

4. If you're that experienced that they would ask you why wouldn't they hire you? :D

5. If they can get them to work properly then I don't see why not.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea.

Personally, I think all player and attribute ratings should be on a "superb, good, reasonable, poor, terrible" scale - but only representing their ability at the level they currently play at (ie compared to the other players on the pitch).

That way, a player with lots of "superb" ratings who plays at, say, conference level, could potentially go on to be a "good" player at league 1 level - or he might fail to step up to a higher level and be "below par" in league 2.

iv only read the op and was wondering didnt they do something like what your saying on lma manager??? where you cant the how good the player is all you could see was what form the player was in and how he well hes doing in training???

• 2 weeks later...

Football Manager 2011 - the game anticipated by great community in the whole world. What should we expect from it in the nearest season? Revolutional or evolutional variations? These and line of other engaging questions abide fixed in minds of many people. It's moment to answer on them!

New 3D pitch mode

Good looking 3D mode is an absolute breakthrough in the game series. At the moment it is made very well. But as usually there are several game fragments that can be enhanced. For instance the following dumb faults must be put right: wrong flag direction by assistant referee, strange ball gravity. Additionally everyone would be delighted to see more attractive 3D picture of football match, footballers, coaches. Another often inquired feature is more responsive 3D performance for low-end video cards. As you see Sports Interactive Games (Football Manager development team) must improve much this point.

Player statistics

It's pretty obviously that statistics in Football Manager 2010 is developed very well. Although its details could step up to a greater level in Football Manager 2011. It will be fine if SI Games add an opportunity to look through all player's shots,headers,tackles,goals,passes for any season (not only current one). Another great statistical feature to have is looking through training progress of player for his whole history in the game.

Why it's bad to be a chairman

Some men are pretty gloomy that they still have no chances to become a presiding officer in Football Manager 2010. They tell it would be nice to get this kind of feature in the game. But it's easy to discard these in some degree weird suggestions. Name of the game is Football Manager - it's meant to provide a real manager simulation with transfers ruling in real soccer life. It's excessively prominent point actually. If you'd become a chairman in the game it has to be named Football Chairman 2011!

Small enhancements are important too

Minor changes were a pet-subject in Football Manager series everlastingly. Of course, we think of a lot of new small features in the next Football Manager game. Some of them can be enumerated just right at this moment: new ways to interact with fans, ability to develop youth academy, scouting map (when you see Earth map with scouts assigned to distinct countries or even continents), improved quality of press conferences and may be few brand new tactical options.

If development team produce all above discussed new features we will get the most of all football manager game in history. Therefore it will be sold even better than last version providing the highest level of profit for Sports Interactive Games. Everyone will be joyful as a result!

You're missing the point simon, if stats are turned off COMPLETELY, that means there are no stats whatsoever visible for your players or anyone elses, you would have to make judgements on what you saw on the pitch with your own eyes, and the reports you would get from other people. Hence making it far more realistic.

That's exactly what he's trying to create. I can see where he's coming from, if FM really want to get as realistic as possible then removing stats would make it very realistic!

Some people I know play FM even though they have **** all football knowledge, when they play as a big team they just go to the search function and search by value or something ridiculous. Whereas the people already with real football knowledge will know who to look at.

After reading and thinking about all the points Simon made, I fully understand where he's coming from. It really would make it more rewarding when you find a 'gem', but at least the current FM isn't completely overrun by the players' stats; for example you find some strikers with not as good stats actually better than a striker with more decent stats. I like that personally.

There is already a box we can tick in prefrence section which is called show player graph or something similar to that. What that does is that, it changes all numbers for stats into a bar graph. That already makes stats more vauge. Unless you want to zoom in or stare at it for hours, you cant see the difference between a 17 and a 16 or a 17 and a 18.

Plus, player stats of 17 in an attribute is already a vauge number. In the match engine, there is the exact number that is from a 0 to 100. Along with attributes like consistency, motivation and such. A 20 in an attribute can always be inferior to a 18 if the 20 has low consistency, motivation and such while the 18 has high numbers.

Player A is a full of 19's and player B is only full of 16's. However, player A has low numbers in consistency, big match, pressure and such while B has high numbers in those. Player B will be the winner season in season out over player A.

An FM full of text from reports is worse that one full of numbers. If people want it even more vauge, graph that cant tell difference between 15, 16, 17 is better choise.

Hi All,

I have spend too a lot of time for FM Series. I totally agree with a different way to express stats, and I believe that you should have more accurate work from your staff.

I also believe that a good addition to the game was not to starting as a manager but as an other member of the stuff. A coach, a scouter, not a physio. And you can promote to manager. However they should find ways to keep you in game because at the moment stuff is only something to spent money.

In my country in Greece is a very different way of buying players. Good and expensive players come only if the chairman decides it and he choose who to bring. Also there is no scouting system and the agents of players recommend their clients. Also there are moments that agents demand to buy 1 more player to give you their best.

I don't know if this is good but I believe that the FM2011 should give you the ability to have cooperation with some agents who represent a lot of different players.

I also believe that they should change the way that a new wage is offered. I believe that we should pay his agent too and make bargain with him and also we can offered to players homes to stay and cars as in real life.

Finally I believe to the team, not to the players. They should help a team to be better when the most players are many years together. Not in 4 months "blind together". And the game rating from the players should be more random. A good player has always a very high rate. I believe that this should be not so constant. He can play for 8.9 but also he can play for 3.9

AND A GREAT REQUEST TO FM CREATORS

When I decide to starting buy players be consulted from my scout reports, they recommended me a lot of players. But the talents that they recommended as a very good option for the near future were always very expensive.

Thanks all

Lefteris

And the game rating from the players should be more random. A good player has always a very high rate. I believe that this should be not so constant. He can play for 8.9 but also he can play for 3.9

Actually my complaint about FM10 and the like would be that the morale, media, press conference and so on 'minigames' got so far out of hand that they have a stronger effect on your actual performance than your tactics, which should clearly be #1 in a football management game..

Archived