Football manager on christmas day

I think releasing FM closer to christmas would be a sales masterstroke from SI & Sega really. It would give any woman the ideal present to buy, the game would be much more refined and there wouldn't be anything wrong with booting it up on christmas day because its new and they can't say "for christ sake can't you leave it alone for one day!" lol.

JD and coke is the essential FM drink in my opinion. Anyway, back to the topic, and I'm not sure if I will be playing FM tomorrow, it all depends if the family get me any other games but I am hooked on my game at the moment so after Christmas dinner I wouldn't be surprised if I fire it up. Hopefully I won't be too far gone so I won't make any drunken transfers

dont mix the drink and fm! its not a good idea! the stories of some people damaging their sides under the influence of alcohol is warning enough to all! :p

FM just gave me my Christmas present. My Forfar side just played 2 leagues above us Dundee in the cup and I won out 5-4.

It was quite a game. We had been 3-1 up, then Dundee converted 2 obviously offside goals and we had a man sent off for a similar challenge to what a yellowed Dundee player had just gotten away with. I thought we were going to get robbed. Then, queue my wonder-boy midfielder with an injury time goal to take us through.

Well, I would have liked to have at least played one game by now but - yes you guessed it - Steam is being a sod.

It started 'installing' at 5.00 p.m and it's now almost 6.00 p.m. Does it take a whole hour for FM2010 to download on Steam?

I got annoyed with it last year - and in the end I switched back to FM 2008. I think Steam hates me, so if I can't play it by midnight I'm going back to the shop and demand my money back.

Welsh Wizard (potentially one less customer for FM11!)

Well, I would have liked to have at least played one game by now but - yes you guessed it - Steam is being a sod.

It started 'installing' at 5.00 p.m and it's now almost 6.00 p.m. Does it take a whole hour for FM2010 to download on Steam?

I got annoyed with it last year - and in the end I switched back to FM 2008. I think Steam hates me, so if I can't play it by midnight I'm going back to the shop and demand my money back.

Welsh Wizard (potentially one less customer for FM11!)

steam have a massive sale on games at the moment, so the server is under massive demand, seriously just stick with it - SO worth it!

i hope everybody on here had a gud xmas whatever u did. on the day its self i woke up at 6.30am, got to work for 7.15am. 2 of us in the kitchen all day doing breakfast, dinner and a buffet for 62 people. we even had to do all the washing up! finished work at 9.15pm and hit the bar in the hotel i work in for the free drinks im allowed on xmas day. got home at about 1.30am this morning, had my sleep and its back to fm again this morning shortly.

on a side note, im out of work for 6 weeks in the new year so unless somebody on here can offer me a job, i face many long hours on the game

I think releasing FM closer to christmas would be a sales masterstroke from SI & Sega really. It would give any woman the ideal present to buy, the game would be much more refined and there wouldn't be anything wrong with booting it up on christmas day because its new and they can't say "for christ sake can't you leave it alone for one day!" lol.

They have to stay competetive with the market though, so it is a must to be released as close after the summer transfer window as possible.

On the day FM10 was released I told my girlfriend (now Fiancee actually :)) I was going to town to buy it. She said 'Oh I was going to get you it for Christmas'. I was like WHAT! You expect me to wait until Christmas day to play footy manager! Are you insane?!

Archived