1. 1. Which Version of this tactic has worke the best for you

• Original complete Dominace for patch 10.0 and 10.1
    • Complete Dominace 10.2
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Craggswfc Better Defence
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Ohanzee's Classic Tweak
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 The Hybrid/Joint Venture
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence

Hi.

Great tactic. I am scoring 2/3 goals a game with a side expected to finish around 10th. (Oldham - L1)

One problem, I am letting so many goals in, usually, 3/4 a match, which means instead of winning 2/3-0/1, I am losing 2/3-3/4, or just drawing at the best. Any suggestions for stopping the leak at the back? I have a solid defense, so I'm really surprised I'm letting in 3.7 goals on average. I tried pushing the defense deeper and slower tempo, neither worked. I also tried setting the CMs to support and even made one of them a ball winning midfielder. If you could help I would appreciate it so much because this game is really starting to frustrate me.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Oh, and I am using the shouts as well as the closing down/tight marking for whoevers playing out of the AM, ST, LAM, LM, RAM, RM.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won first 2 games easy.2-0 against Grenoble and 4-1 against Benfica.I am Toulouse.But in both games i don't have possession.My opponents have 58% first game,and 59% second game against Benfica.Am i doing something wrong?

Or is a normal thing?If i would also have a better possession than opponents it would be amazing.

Testing it with Basingstoke in 2nd season in the BSP

4-3 - Cambridge @ Home (Not really complete dominance, we had 38% possession but we had scored a load of goals against a decent team)

1-1 - Kidderminster @ Home

2-1 - Weston @ Home in the FA Trophy

After a few games of bad possession, I'm going to drop this. Sorry, it just doesn't seem to be worth not playing any attacking wingers. It will give you loads of goals but you'll be just as open at the back.

Mr Hough (and others), how do you recommend me (I'm Pool) to go versus Arsenal in Champions League QF first home leg at home? Overload, counter, control or defensive / retain possession, pass to feet. stay on feet or ... ?

Also, are you applying only much talked OI's vs attacking players or using also ass-man's advices? If yes, then what kind of instructions? F.e. Sammy Lee advices all the time tackling hard on every player separately although I alrady have tackling setting high.

Hi.

Great tactic. I am scoring 2/3 goals a game with a side expected to finish around 10th. (Oldham - L1)

One problem, I am letting so many goals in, usually, 3/4 a match, which means instead of winning 2/3-0/1, I am losing 2/3-3/4, or just drawing at the best. Any suggestions for stopping the leak at the back? I have a solid defense, so I'm really surprised I'm letting in 3.7 goals on average. I tried pushing the defense deeper and slower tempo, neither worked. I also tried setting the CMs to support and even made one of them a ball winning midfielder. If you could help I would appreciate it so much because this game is really starting to frustrate me.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Oh, and I am using the shouts as well as the closing down/tight marking for whoevers playing out of the AM, ST, LAM, LM, RAM, RM.

thats very strange are you sure your using the eight tactic cos there's one for 10.0 and 10.1 and also a version for 10.2

I won first 2 games easy.2-0 against Grenoble and 4-1 against Benfica.I am Toulouse.But in both games i don't have possession.My opponents have 58% first game,and 59% second game against Benfica.Am i doing something wrong?

Or is a normal thing?If i would also have a better possession than opponents it would be amazing.

would you rather have more possession but less victory's

the attack is quick and swift so it's one touch passing instead of dwelling on the ball thats why the possession is not as high

Switched to this tactic from the China2 10.2 version and my strikers suddenly started scoring again, and I've been nearly unstoppable ever since. Great job and thanks for releasing, would love a 10.2 of your possession domination tactic as well!

Guest Buckers

I can't seem to dl the tactice as the web site keeps saying that I have already downloaded more than 3 downloads so I can't do any more or something along those lines.

What can i say, great tactic Mr Hough. If anyone was wondering how this tactic performs in lower leagues then have a look at my results.

My team is York (Predicted 11th)

bsplgtable.png

bspfixtures1.png

bspfixtures2.png

I Started the season with Overload and things were looking good but then i lost 2 games in a row and i was starting to draw too much, i was conceding far too many too, i think it was down to the lack of quality in my side though as afterall they are a BSP team, not Barcelona. When using Overload my results in the league were PL16 W12 D4 L2.

So i decided to start matches with Counter and it worked an absolute treat, I was scoring around the same amount but i wasn't conceding many and therefore winning games comfortably.

After switching to Counter, my results in the league were PL30 W28 D1 L1. Sometimes i would leave it at Overload at the start and the minute i got the 1st goal i would switch to counter and then maybe to defensive from counter in the last 20 mins in tough games.

If anyone was wondering, i was using all the shouts and OI's mentioned in the 1st post and i used tug's training.

Thanks for creating such a great tactic Mr Hough, you have put the enjoyment back into FM for me. I would say the results are definitely as good as, if not better than Tylerbode's Piranha tactic was for 09.

Here are a few (Only a few there was much more!) examples of the dominace i enjoyed in games.

75284220.png

38234784.png

84193565.png

Look at the last screenshot in particular, we totally dominated them. We had 12 CCC's! 61% possession:D.

I forgot to add in my above post, for the people who want lots of possession and still keep a great attacking edge (more Shots/CCC'S) then counter is the the way to go (well it was for me, at least.) You won't concede as many either.

Cheers.

Here are a few (Only a few there was much more!) examples of the dominace i enjoyed in games.

75284220.png

38234784.png

84193565.png

Look at the last screenshot in particular, we totally dominated them. We had 12 CCC's! 61% possession:D.

I forgot to add in my above post, for the people who want lots of possession and still keep a great attacking edge (more Shots/CCC'S) then counter is the the way to go (well it was for me, at least.) You won't concede as many either.

Cheers.

great results and comments mate thanks very much.

When i read stuff like this is makes making tweaking testing the tactic for hours on ebd a day all worthwhile.

Thanks very much

Having a real mixed bag of results with this playing as Villa.

I hit 7, 9 & 12 past lowly opposition in friendlies and I've also won 0-7 and 0-9 in Europe (as well as 4-0 home to Stuttgart) but have only won once in the league, 0-1 away to Chelsea!

I'm 16th after 7 games.

League results:

Villa 2-2 Fulham

Arsenal 4-0 Villa

Villa 1-5 Everton

Burnley 3-3 Villa

Man City 1-1 Villa

Villa 2-2 Sunderland

Chelsea 0-1 Villa

I also just lost 0-2 to 9 man Valencia.

I made an awful lot of signings pre season to add to the players already new to the club (Dunne, Beye, Warnock, Delph, Heskey etc) so I'll give them time to gel.

Having a real mixed bag of results with this playing as Villa.

I hit 7, 9 & 12 past lowly opposition in friendlies and I've also won 0-7 and 0-9 in Europe (as well as 4-0 home to Stuttgart) but have only won once in the league, 0-1 away to Chelsea!

I'm 16th after 7 games.

League results:

Villa 2-2 Fulham

Arsenal 4-0 Villa

Villa 1-5 Everton

Burnley 3-3 Villa

Man City 1-1 Villa

Villa 2-2 Sunderland

Chelsea 0-1 Villa

I also just lost 0-2 to 9 man Valencia.

I made an awful lot of signings pre season to add to the players already new to the club (Dunne, Beye, Warnock, Delph, Heskey etc) so I'll give them time to gel.

are you doing the shouts and the OI's jack, the OI's will help defence out alot

are you doing the shouts and the OI's jack, the OI's will help defence out alot

I am Mr H - I'll just check I've got them right though.

At kick off, I pause the game and select Stay on Feet, Pass to Feet, Retain Possession. I leave this on for the entire game. Is that correct?

OIs I tightly mark and close down any wingers, AMC, or forwards.

I've had great success with your tactics before mate so I know they work, it may just be the amount of new players I have in the squad. 12 players have made their Villa debut this season.

Just drew 1-1 with bottom club West Ham in my latest game.

EDIT: and was just knocked out of the LC 3-2 by Blackburn. I lost both DCs to injury and it ended 22 shots to 8 in their favour.

EDIT(2): Villa 2-2 Stoke (Stoke played the final 36 mins with 10 men)

I am Mr H - I'll just check I've got them right though.

At kick off, I pause the game and select Stay on Feet, Pass to Feet, Retain Possession. I leave this on for the entire game. Is that correct?

OIs I tightly mark and close down any wingers, AMC, or forwards.

I've had great success with your tactics before mate so I know they work, it may just be the amount of new players I have in the squad. 12 players have made their Villa debut this season.

Just drew 1-1 with bottom club West Ham in my latest game.

EDIT: and was just knocked out of the LC 3-2 by Blackburn. I lost both DCs to injury and it ended 22 shots to 8 in their favour.

EDIT(2): Villa 2-2 Stoke (Stoke played the final 36 mins with 10 men)

my god man i'm surprised actully i'm haveing trouble scoring goals getting my strikers to score my striker amr zaki just went 15 hour without a goal till recently.

what i've notice with this patch is that the strikers will have trouble scoring but one won't in my boro team i have amr zaki and ebi smorloak both easy championship strikers and should score goals with ease but only smorloak is banging them in with 20 goals in 26 games.

so i have moved the striker that ain't scoring into the ACM spot and see of it will make better chances i've only played one game like this so far and i won 3-1.

I'm gonna test abit longer and may release if it goes well

Try putting Agbonlahor and Young up front. The two striker positions say "Poacher" and "Advanced Forward", but in reality they are the exact same. Both have the exact same specific instructions. So you'll do better playing a Michael Owen than a Luca Toni even in the left position.

Now I'm playing with Juventus and I have changed the formation to classic, so no shouts working. Also tweaked the closing down and marking slightly. I'm using Milevskyi and Amauri up front and they have 18 and 22 goals each in 19 games. Also have Vagner Love at 5 in 5 games. He'd be playing if Amauri wasn't in such amazing form.

Ashley Young is one of the strikers I wanted to get to fit the striker position perfectly, but I was to slow. If I could choose I'd pick David Villa and Fernando Torres. Or Aguero, Pato, Robinho, etc.

I've played 16 games in my second season. 15-0-1 with a 47-7 goal difference. Only loss came away to Inter. 1-0 and we deserved to win, but Cesar played the game of his life.

Tactic is working good for me. However I'm really getting sick and tired of SI Games' ******** - how can they implement more bugs to the game with new patches? I'm talking about the strikers missing most of 1on1 chances ffs. Latest game is a perfect example: I lose 1-3 against Tottenham, with the so called "clear cut chances" being 6-2 for me. Obviously those mean nothing in 10.2. And before anyone says anything - yes that can happen irl too, but the thing is that it happens all the ****ing time in this game now. I mean strikers missing 1on1 chance was a problem in 10.1 already, how the **** can they make it WORSE with a new patch? And I guess we shouldn't be waiting for them to fix this faulty piece of ****, as this is the final patch right? Then again, I don't even believe it's really a "bug", it's just a way to prevent ridiculous scorelines. The match engine produces unrealistic amounts of 1on1 chances, and instead of fixing that, they just make the keepers to stop most of them to avoid too many 6-4 results... [/rant]

But as for the tactic, it's definitely best I've tried for 10.2, good job.

Tactic is working good for me. However I'm really getting sick and tired of SI Games' ******** - how can they implement more bugs to the game with new patches? I'm talking about the strikers missing most of 1on1 chances ffs. Latest game is a perfect example: I lose 1-3 against Tottenham, with the so called "clear cut chances" being 6-2 for me. Obviously those mean nothing in 10.2. And before anyone says anything - yes that can happen irl too, but the thing is that it happens all the ****ing time in this game now. I mean strikers missing 1on1 chance was a problem in 10.1 already, how the **** can they make it WORSE with a new patch? And I guess we shouldn't be waiting for them to fix this faulty piece of ****, as this is the final patch right? Then again, I don't even believe it's really a "bug", it's just a way to prevent ridiculous scorelines. The match engine produces unrealistic amounts of 1on1 chances, and instead of fixing that, they just make the keepers to stop most of them to avoid too many 6-4 results... [/rant]

But as for the tactic, it's definitely best I've tried for 10.2, good job.

i %100 agree with you,its annoying.

@ Gee Simpson:

Do you keep it at Counter even if you go 0-1 down? Or switch to overload then?

I usually just leave it on Counter as my team comes back most of the time if losing. (I got 86 points from 90 using Counter).

I have to admit i have only been in that situation with my york side a couple of times as we are usually cruising by half time lol:D.

If i was in that situation i would go to Overload in the last 20-30 mins.

great results and comments mate thanks very much.

When i read stuff like this is makes making tweaking testing the tactic for hours on ebd a day all worthwhile.

Thanks very much

No problem mate, i appreciate how much effort you have put into this tactic and i'm thankful that you released it in the first place.

Cheers.

Mr Hough, I'm now trying you 10.2 version for the first time and must say your tactic really brings out the annoying 1 on 1 striker-keeper problem... I'm having like 5 to 6 one on one's with my strikers insisting in hitting nothing else than the keeper... any suggestions? (the the damm fools don't wan't to learn the go around or put the ball over the keeper tricks)!!! It's totally unrealistic...

Mr Hough, I'm now trying you 10.2 version for the first time and must say your tactic really brings out the annoying 1 on 1 striker-keeper problem... I'm having like 5 to 6 one on one's with my strikers insisting in hitting nothing else than the keeper... any suggestions? (the the damm fools don't wan't to learn the go around or put the ball over the keeper tricks)!!! It's totally unrealistic...

i'm gonna a have a better look at it over the next couple of days maybe change the formation and the style of play.

Killer balls from the midfielders + move into channels for the strikers (both from the PPMs and if it's still not enough even from the relative player settings) can help a bit, at least it did in my experience with every narrow tactic as this one: this setup tends to encourage the strikers to find holes between the full back and the center back (rather than between the two center backs), and as such the 1on1s created are more often from a better angle. Not that much of an improvement, but better than nothing.

i did read a post by Paul Collyver (sp) saying that gks have been improved when faced with one on one situations, to make it more realistic!!!! has they have time to position themselves etc.

whereas if faced with a bullet shot from 18 yards or a thumping header from a cross they don't have the time to adjust themselves.

I've another language version, and could someone explains me what does it mean "stay on feet" in shouts during game?

It means the players tackle a little easier/less. I wouldn't recommend it though as sometimes they won't tackle at all resulting in teams just running past your players. It's better implemented when your leading big so you avoid injuries :)

Using this with West Ham and so far so good, currently 6th in the league mid January (only behind 5th on GD) but could probably do with a pacey striker.

Have been using the OI Instructions and the shouts, also setting the strategy to counter.

One on one's are a nightmare but doesn't stop the tactic performing.

Cheers Mr Hough!

i sorted my defence out but you must look at deff corners as i have a tall leff back, so if you got a small 1 you might want to change him with 1 of yor tall players.

here it is

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qxdeln

http://www.filefront.com/15225459/Complete-Dominance-10.2-Better-Def-Sheff-Wed-May-2010.tac/

Archived