Sorry S.I., but i will not be buying FM2011

There are a few issues that bug me i.e. defending is poor, stupid back passes going out for corners, opposition players with a first touch of 5 or less being constantly able to kill the ball stone dead, too many long shot goals frequently scored by players with an 8 or less rating etc.

This last point being displayed in the match I'm cuurently playing where a players done this twice, his long shot rating 8 and all his technical skills being 9 or less!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, I know I'm being pedantic here, but it doesn't matter what nationality you are, how intelligent you are - as long as you are over the age of 8 - there is absolutely no excuse for spelling the word SEGA wrong THREE times! The spelling is on here, it's on the case of every SEGA game you have ever played, aswell as appearing before the game starts on EVERY SEGA game you have ever played!

could it be possible that he was joining SI and SEGA together. SIGA? :p

• Administrators
The game's alright, i'll probs buy FM 2011.

I don't play as much as I used to though. I used to hammer CM 01/02 day and night.

FM has become far too complex and thus less enjoyable.

I do find it annoying that when someone complains about the game they're told to shut up moaning etc...They've paid their money and are entitled to voice their opinion on it.

For what it's worth, I think it's criminal releasing a game that is nowhere complete. Not everyone has an internet connection and are able to download patches.

I also have a bit of a gripe with the researches aswell. Some of the mistakes are absolutely shocking. Chris Cohen having 10 England caps for instance and Dele Adebola having 1 cap for Nigeria...Absolutely staggering that that kind of data was on the completed, boxed version.

Thanks for bringing up these two data issues - but to say the game is nowhere complete I have to disagree with. The majority of people can certainly play the game from boxed without issues - we choose to patch our game and try to provide fairly comprehensive community support because we very much care about our community and the game. We certainly want people to have the best playing experience they possibly can.

My guess would be in excess of 90%

I would say 97% myself, having problems myself, looking forward to throwing myself into a career game in a couple of weeks when the patch is released.

But I will not be buying FM11......till the 2nd patch......probably.........maybe on release day.

Thanks for bringing up these two data issues - but to say the game is nowhere complete I have to disagree with. The majority of people can certainly play the game from boxed without issues - we choose to patch our game and try to provide fairly comprehensive community support because we very much care about our community and the game. We certainly want people to have the best playing experience they possibly can.

Yes, I must apologise for the phrase 'nowhere near complete'. That was a bit of an exaggeration.

Me. I've played this game in its various iterations since 1994 and this version is one of the biggest disappointments I've come across. I can't get extra files to load, it was as slow as hell, and having to play through steam all the time is a nightmare.

Game was uninstalled this morning.

Something's not right there as extra files definitely work, you might have to clear the cache. Te game is quicker than previous versions.

You also don't have to use steam, I don't and I know others don't. When installing choose advanced/custom (can't remember what it's called) and choose the other installation option rather than steam. It does mean having to have the DVD in the drive, but then you don't have to bother with steam.

Newgens have not been neglected, much work has been done on it, and quite a lot of the complaints we've seen so far have actually been without anything to back them up. If you have an issue please log it in the bugs forum and we'll of course look into it. Thanks.

I disagree that people have not backed up their opinions- just look at the 9-10 seasons in newgen threads in both the bugs forum and general discussion which I am sure you are aware of. The evidence is plainly there. Don't forget that the evidence is provided by people in their spare time and it does take alot af time and effort to do this and they do it out of the goodness of their heart for no financial reward. :)

Thats your loss then mate. Im so sick of people complaining about this game.

The thing is Grimoz, sick or not, like it or not, they have that right!

But i agree there is complaining and then there is exaggeration. Still there a few of the "defenders" of the Fm games (at least since Fm08) that don't help at all.

Not really, the forum will always make it look like there are loads of problems because those without problems don't post them

Agreed most people on forums are their to vent their rage. A huge percentage of people who have FM10 are busy playing it and all my mates say it is the best one since CM01/02.

I don't play as much as I used to though. I used to hammer CM 01/02 day and night.

That was a legendary game.

I can't speak for the entire company but I doubt it's financially viable to take such a strategy. Also to be honest, I'm not certain time is the biggest factor in terms of testing and getting the game 'better' - a number of the issues which have only been discovered after release are due to the number of different set-ups and systems. It's almost impossible for us to cover every single possible setup of users - even with an extensive Beta with a number of users some issues evaded us.

Plus do you think people would accept only having an FM once every two years? How do you feel fans of Fifa or Pro Evo would take to that?

heres an idea, why not design a new code or use the one you have now but test it over say a three year period whilst releasing fm as per every year, then in three years time after intensive testing you might have the perfect game, you make your money releasing an fm each year using the old code but at the same time you have been testing the new code for a long period just like the 3d, please shut me up if im jabbering but is this not possible:confused:

• Administrators
I disagree that people have not backed up their opinions- just look at the 9-10 seasons in newgen threads in both the bugs forum and general discussion which I am sure you are aware of. The evidence is plainly there. Don't forget that the evidence is provided by people in their spare time and it does take alot af time and effort to do this and they do it out of the goodness of their heart for no financial reward. :)

As I said, quite a lot (not all) have been unsubstantiated - we always take everything our community say into account and very very much appreciate anyone who takes the time to post an issue on our forums.

I'd be interested to see what issues have been unsubstantiated. True that not everyone articulates their points well but in my opinion the vast majority of issues have been acted on by SI.

I'm yet to see many reported issues that don't turn out to be issues - even when not a great deal of evidence is produced!!!

One comment I noticed on the forums about FM2010 which was totally ignored despite it's importance was that FM2010 was tested extensively and the final test produced an almost perfect game, this was said by a tester himself...

He then went on to say that when the game was released he felt the game had taken a massive step backwards from the final demo he had tested. Very strange, could you explain that Neil please?

I'd imagine that it's a case of, as has been stated on numerous occasions, the seemingly unpredictable nature of the impact that very minor changes can cause. That is one of the main reasons why patches can take a long time to be released..

I don't really know what else could cause it - perhaps just that it stood up very well as a WIP but then seemed a tiny bit short as a polished product. :confused:

One comment I noticed on the forums about FM2010 which was totally ignored despite it\'s importance was that FM2010 was tested extensively and the final test produced an almost perfect game, this was said by a tester himself...

He then went on to say that when the game was released he felt the game had taken a massive step backwards from the final demo he had tested. Very strange, could you explain that Neil please?

Is this true? If so who wrote that particular post?

I wouldn't pay much attention to this. If he was a tester of course he is going to deflect attention way by saying it was a different version.

SI are not doing this on purpose.

• Administrators
One comment I noticed on the forums about FM2010 which was totally ignored despite it's importance was that FM2010 was tested extensively and the final test produced an almost perfect game, this was said by a tester himself...

Yeah if you can find the quote then I'd be interested in seeing it. Cheers.

Can I also ask a question on this thread, rather than start a new one?

I read in another thread somewhere than when you turn your PC off at night, all form is lost and in the next time you load up FM you start from scratch. I'm pretty sure this can't be true, but I'm getting a problem that resembles it. I was playing really well last night, then I turn on this morning and...BANG 6-0 defeat, this was against Man Utd so pretty realistic. Then the next 3 game are huge defeats as well, all against teams at the bottom. Now this probably isn't a "bug" so to speak, but I'm sure it isn't anything tactical either, so whatever it is in the game that's doing this, does anyone know what, and should it be toned down a bit?

• Administrators
I'd be interested to see what issues have been unsubstantiated. True that not everyone articulates their points well but in my opinion the vast majority of issues have been acted on by SI.

I'm yet to see many reported issues that don't turn out to be issues - even when not a great deal of evidence is produced!!!

Yeah don't get me wrong, if something is reported we'll look into it, it's just when people say stuff like "there are no good newgens in the game at all!" and stuff like that it gets a bit repetitive and frustrating.

• Administrators

I read in another thread somewhere than when you turn your PC off at night, all form is lost and in the next time you load up FM you start from scratch. I'm pretty sure this can't be true, but I'm getting a problem that resembles it. I was playing really well last night, then I turn on this morning and...BANG 6-0 defeat, this was against Man Utd so pretty realistic. Then the next 3 game are huge defeats as well, all against teams at the bottom. Now this probably isn't a "bug" so to speak, but I'm sure it isn't anything tactical either, so whatever it is in the game that's doing this, does anyone know what, and should it be toned down a bit?

It's one of those FM/CM myths that's been in the game for a long long time. There is certainly nothing in the code that would explain or cause this, but as testers it is something we've always scratched our heads at a bit. After looking at it, all we can say is it's just bad coincidence.

I wouldn\'t pay much attention to this. If he was a tester of course he is going to deflect attention way by saying it was a different version.

SI are not doing this on purpose.

I suppose you have a point.

SI certainly wouldnt do it on purpose. Just would be interesting to find out whether there was any substance in what he has said.

Yes of course it is true, why would I lie? I don't have any vendetta against SI lol...

I will try and remember the person who posted this and let you know but I can't remember off the top off my head. I remember the guy posting it and everyone just ignoring it as usual, instead choosing to get caught up in petty squabbles as per the norm on these forums.

I don't see any reason why a tester, who is giving his time for free to help SI would say something like this if it wasn't true. He wasn't ranting or criticising the game, just stating what he knew. He obviously likes SI and the game and is obviously trusted by them as he is a tester so I would ignore what DP has put, seems he is assuming a lot, funny, you never see many assumptions on these forums..... :D

Yes of course it is true, why would I lie? I don\'t have any vendetta against SI lol...

I will try and remember the person who posted this and let you know but I can\'t remember off the top off my head. I remember the guy posting it and everyone just ignoring it as usual, instead choosing to get caught up in petty squabbles as per the norm on these forums.

I don\'t see any reason why a tester, who is giving his time for free to help SI would say something like this if it wasn\'t true. He wasn\'t ranting or criticising the game, just stating what he knew. He obviously likes SI and the game and is obviously trusted by them as he is a tester so I would ignore what DP has put, seems he is assuming a lot, funny, you never see many assumptions on these forums..... :D

It just seems to hard to believe that a tester would say something of that nature publicly on the SI forum. He really is asking for touble isnt he, and I suppose you could say \"bye bye\" for testing FM11 next year! lol

Yeah if you can find the quote then I'd be interested in seeing it. Cheers.

Here it is, god that was annoying searching for it lol....

Anyway I don't know if the guy did test or didnt, I didn't get round to asking him really I just saw the post when browsing through the forums as I usually do.

Would be interesting to see if the guy is lying or if what he says about being a tester is true. The post is by BlackTiger and it is the 13th post on the thread.

Here it is, god that was annoying searching for it lol....

Anyway I don\'t know if the guy did test or didnt, I didn\'t get round to asking him really I just saw the post when browsing through the forums as I usually do.

Would be interesting to see if the guy is lying or if what he says about being a tester is true. The post is by BlackTiger and it is the 13th post on the thread.

Wow. He was a beta tester and not in-house tester. However, it is odd.

Thing is he seems very happy to have a good ol poke at the game in a lot of his posts and this also appears a little odd to me if he was involved with the beta testing. Anyhow we will see what the mods make of it.

Love this post btw. I often have a good run of form and think, no way am I going to bed now cos I have an important match coming up lol...

I then give in to tiredness and switch my pc back on then lose the bloody game despite being on great form before I switched off my pc. I always thought the game was cheating lol, damn thing!!! ;)

Wow. He was a beta tester and not in-house tester. However, it is odd.

Thing is he seems very happy to have a good ol poke at the game in a lot of his posts and this also appears a little odd to me if he was involved with the beta testing. Anyhow we will see what the mods make of it.

Yeah thats the only thing I noticed about it, one minute he is having a right go at the game and the next he is saying he is a tester....fishy to say the least but worth asking the question I guess?!

Edit: Give me his testing job Mr Brock lol, with my keen eye for spotting things (as you have just seen) I'd be great :thup:

Yeah thats the only thing I noticed about it, one minute he is having a right go at the game and the next he is saying he is a tester....fishy to say the least but worth asking the question I guess?!

Edit: Give me his testing job Mr Brock lol, with my keen eye for spotting things (as you have just seen) I\'d be great :thup:

Definitely worth flagging it up..........well done :)

The v10.1.1 patch CLAIMS to do the following:

"Fixed the game running out of memory when entering a match for some users"

It doesn't. :(

Interestingly enough I have never had a problem with the regens, simply because I have never got that far into a game without a crash dump.

I have never got past October in the game without this happening, having played a career in England (twice), Russia and Germany. In the six weeks since its release I cannot actually tell whether its a good game or not. I know that the disk makes a good (albeit expensive) coffee cup coaster but thats as far as it goes.

The second patch is critical for me - Whether this gets binned or not.

However, more than complain on this forum, you need to spead the word far and wide, as many people/forums/reviews as your search engine can find - in as many countries. As its only when profits get hit and staff start losing their jobs that SI will take the situation seriously and provoke them into producing a working game.

I would also encourage people who say they will not buy the next products to stick to it. In a poll on this page there is a roughly 1/3 split of people who cannot play this game, if there was to be a refusal to buy any more bug-riddled games what impact would that have on sales across the whole community? The younger generation are more keen to play action games like FIFA/PES than logic based games such as FM, you cannot take new custom for granted, older people will run out of patience with the bugs or get married/grow out of it.

People who say they will buy the next game despite the known and aknowledged problem send a message to SI saying that they, as consumers, are willing to accept shoddy-products.

This is meant to be a 'polished' product?!?

the game is fine just little things are buggy, i defo buy fm11

your complaining bcos maybe you dont know how to play the game?

Welcome to the forums :thup:

That is probably one of the most spot on posts i have seen. Apart from the crash thing, which SI say IS only affecting a minority, all the other bugs people are reporting are just little things.

Welcome to the forums :thup:

That is probably one of the most spot on posts i have seen. Apart from the crash thing, which SI say IS only affecting a minority, all the other bugs paople are reporting are just little things.

I've been saying that for days. ;)

Welcome from me too. :thup:

Archived