Just Signed My Mate!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeper for King's Lynn who helps with coaching the sixth form side at my old school, Danny Gay

Defender for Peterborough Ressies who went to that school, Sam Gaughran

Maybe a keeper for Corby Town but haven't checked was at same school as well, Steven Norris

Lad for Grimsby from the same school again, Sam Mulready

Ryan Shotton at Stoke is a lad I spent a few years of high school playing against where he was a striker for his school side and I was in defence. In year 11 went for a sliding tackle on him, got the ball off him and as he carried on he stood on the side of my knee and ended my playing days lol.

Also Ryan Connor and Andrew Nicholls also at Stoke in the youth team, lads a couple years younger than me, went the same highschool, live just round the corner and have both been mates of my brother in the past and have been in my house a fair few times etc.

My cousin is a youth player at Havant & Waterlooville, he isn't in the game but had his ankle snapped courtesy of Claus Lundekvam last season lol.

I've got like ten friends that you can find in the Norwegian small clubs Stålkameratene, Bossmo & Ytteren and Mo IL.

I also know a guy named Torstein Schanche (previously in Tromsø, now on free transfer) and Jacob Falch-Meidell (in Molde's U19 department, quite the talent on this year's version actually).

Someone I play football with (not a pro btw) used to be Harry Redknapp's postman. Also, my little sister was at school with Jamie Redknapp's nephew Joe (son of Mark Redknapp).

This is all true, and not a wind up like some of these are. I live in Bournemouth, a place where the Redknapp's have some roots after Harry's spell at the club (he lives in Sandbanks just round the corner), and owns a restaurant just round the corner from my old house.

FACT!!!

I used to sign my mate who was in the game when we were both 16. He was in the Crewe youth squad and I would always buy him, even if his stats were crap! And Keith Lowe also went to the same school, who came through The Wolves ranks. (I was also friends with a friend of Danny Guthrie, but that doesn't count :p)

I knew Daniel Leinar, who plays for Motala AIF in Sweden, when I was younger. His then-girlfriend was in my class, and me and Daniel were out partying together a few times. Haven't seen him for about 12 years though. :D

And then of course we have Kim Källström who plays for Lyon, he was never really a friend of mine, but we were acquainted. He knew some of my mates when we were around 16 and I met him a couple of times. Already then it was clear that he would become a great footballer.

Know a few people in the game, play FMO with a Folkestone Invicta player and i know a couple of the players from the Hereford first teamwho've just come up from the youth team and know most of the youth side. Thrilling.....

I used to sign my mate who was in the game when we were both 16. He was in the Crewe youth squad and I would always buy him, even if his stats were crap! And Keith Lowe also went to the same school, who came through The Wolves ranks. (I was also friends with a friend of Danny Guthrie, but that doesn't count :p)

Keith Lowe :cool:

Becoming a good full back for us (Hereford) after a poor start to the season. Really improving and putting in some very good performances and even scored his first goal the other day.

Keith Lowe :cool:

Becoming a good full back for us (Hereford) after a poor start to the season. Really improving and putting in some very good performances and even scored his first goal the other day.

What is it with Keith Lowe! He is going out with a girl i lived with at uni, nice enough bloke, my mate once got hammered and started talking to him about how 'You've been a rock for me at darlo, let me buy you a drink'

and i guess my friends dad is on the game, he is the chairman of plymouth and his daughter who im friends with was going out with marcel seip last i heard - but given his bust up with the club maybe he dumped her and its why he got shipped out!

Another girl used to go out with matty fryatt at walsall never met him, few friends of mine know wolves striker ebanks-blake but only met him once

Half my school team are in the game; I'm the only one who turned (semi) pro who didn't ever make the game. Damn you SI!

But look the following up, they've all been in previous versions for sure, don't have FM10 yet, so haven't looked them up myself:

Dwight Ciampoli - was at Oxford

Richard Claydon - Same, went to Oxford City briefly, now plays for Wantage.

Mark Brind - Was at Wycombe, now plays in New Zealand.

Aside from my school team, I'm friends with a lot of the Oxford team and a few ex-Oxford players. Joey Beauchamp, king of drink driving and ****ing his money away at the dog track as well as a former Premiership left-winger, is family.

I have, at various stages, come across the likes of Matt Taylor of Bolton fame and Dexter Blackstock, against whom I played a few times as a youngster. I was actually on trial with him at Oxford. I also played at the same tournament, though we weren't in the same age group, as Theo Walcott.

I'm Korean and I work at phone dealership in Sydney. The Sydney FC fullback, his name evades me, comes to our store and I've talked to him a couple of times. Wouldn't say he is a mate of mine though ^^

I play with some ex K-League guys on the weekend in a competition, not on my team though and pretty much they weren't superstars but they still a level above most of us ^^

Anyone played seroiusly against a superstar before?

As a youngster I played against Colo Halit who is in the game and plays for Dalkurd in the Swedish League 1 equivalent. Back when I played him he was 1000 times better than any other player our age in the area. He had trials for Man U and Reading, turned pro briefly with Molde in Norway but ended up in the Swedish lower divisions. Shame really because we all thought that he would turn out class.

Shame really because we all thought that he would turn out class.

The same with me and my mate. He was miles better than anyone else at school (we were alright too), and many people had trials at local teams, but it was clear to us that he would make it. And it was kinda sad to hear that they let him go. He then played a bit for smaller local teams before quitting altogether

The same with me and my mate. He was miles better than anyone else at school (we were alright too), and many people had trials at local teams, but it was clear to us that he would make it. And it was kinda sad to hear that they let him go. He then played a bit for smaller local teams before quitting altogether

Yeah Colo was immense back when we played against him. I saw him play in a friendly for his then team (Brage) against Reading in Sweden and he ran the show. He went on to have a trial but for some reason it didnt work out. He still has a small chance but he is 23 now and did his knee ligaments back in the spring. I for one hope he goes pro coz I can then say "I played against him"

I'm Korean and I work at phone dealership in Sydney. The Sydney FC fullback, his name evades me, comes to our store and I've talked to him a couple of times. Wouldn't say he is a mate of mine though ^^

If it's Shannon Cole, kick him in the nuts for me.

STAND UP FOR THE VICTORY!!! /me claps

• 1 month later...

My cousin's mate is Connor something, I'm not sure about his name, but he plays for Chesterfield and is one of three goalkeepers in the first team and he is quite young.

Also Fabian Delph and Josh Falkingham came to my Football Presentation last May and that is quite impressive as we are quite a small club.

Finally my best friend's ex girlfriend, was Aidy Boothroyds niece, and you may know his brother as he owns Steves Carpets :).

Since this old thread has got a bumping and been revived today, I'd like to add a suggestion.

I don't know anyone in the database, but I think it would add interest if people were to comment on the daabase's attributes, personality descriptions etc. E.g. do you think your mate is better or worse than the game rates him? Does the game rate him 'determined' when you think he's a lazy git etc.

I was in the same year as Mitchell Hanson (Derby County), Nathan Doyle (Hull City) was at my school albeit a couple of years above me. My girlfriend went out with Will Hoskins (Watford) when she was at school and a good mate from work used to play football with Leon Best (Coventry).

Archived