FM10: Edin Dzeko

bjoggi33

I like Dzeko in real life but he's far too slow on FM, for me. I have him at Valencia as back up to Villa and he just isn't working, even though my team dominates the width and gives him all kinds of service, he just isn't quick enough to score consistently. He is a average-to-decent player, for me. Love him IRL though.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my game, he has 16 for Acceleration and 14 for pace, and that's slow? I know it is in direct comparison with Villa but that's very good for a guy who is 6'4".

Started my 5th season with United, and with Dzeko as a Poacher and Rooney as a Deep Lying Forward (Support), Dzeko has 12 in 12(2). Starting to really prove his worth now :cool:

Believe me mate, not always :D

Because I have a tendency to rotate a lot (players with 95% fitness don't even get a game unless there is an injury crisis lol), I kind of struggled to get Dzeko into top form, despite averaging 23 goals a season over four years. But this season he's just tearing it up :D:cool:

It's better in all aspects, but not when ypu consider the amount of 1 on 1 chances created during match and amount of those chances missed. You don't know what's worse, the AI creating those chances against you or your team missing them! :D

ppffff after 10.2 patch dzeko went down... 1 vs 1 = shoots straight at keeper, add that to the supergks and now he went from 45 goals to 25...same tactics, same amount of chances :(

Very true mate. :thup: I agree. SI really messed it with those one on one chances.

So far Dze' played 8 with 4 goals and 4 assists in patch 2.. I am confused how to link him up with Ronaldinho and Pato.. So far Ronaldinho is my top scorer with 6 goals 2 assists in 7 games and finally pato 5 games 4 and 2.. Originally I put Dinho as attacking mid, Dze' as target man, and Pato as poacher..

Any input guys?

The most important thing is balance. If you have 2 strikers on attack, they maybe too far ahead of the rest of team. So you may want 1 striker to be on support to help link things up.

Agree with this, if you play with a deep or flat midfield then it's not a good idea to have both strikers on attack as there would be too much off a gap, unless you play a direct/long ball game ofc. But if you play with a AMC or AMR/AML's then it would probably be best to play them both on attack so they don't get in the way of the creative midfielders.

Could well be wrong but that's the way I've always did it.

I signed him for £12.5M halfway through the 11/12 season even though I've offered up to £50M to Wolfsburg. That'll teach them to refuse my bids :D

I play him as trequartista in a 4-4-2 and his only defensive duty is to mark tall player while defending a corner. On the 10.1 patch he was a monster, scored 125 in 114 games. Since the 10.2 patch his goalscoring record toned down a little but his general play improved immensely. On the 10.1 patch he had 45 assists in 114 games and on the 10.2 49 assists in 77 games.

34pyl49.jpg

He's been the European player/striker of the year, World player of the year, UEFA CL top scorer and best player three times in a row, world footballer and golden boot two times in a row, 4 times in a row in the world 11. Oddly, he is yet to win german footballer or striker of the year award :D

He's one class act! Thats if you play on the 10.1, for me anyway. 50 in 42 games with my liverpool save cost me 18.5m & got offers begning of the 2nd season of around 40m from the top teams such as Man Utd, Madrid, Chelsea ect. I'd never sell him he is too good.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought him for Man City and play him as an attacking complete forward (lone striker) but has only two assists in ten games wi no goals. Even more frustrating is the fact that he has scored four in four for his international team.

Play him with another striker and he will score and create lots...I partner him with Defoe.

1st season

56 games 34 goals and 19 assists

2nd season

51 games 43 goals and 13 assists

Play him with another striker and he will score and create lots...I partner him with Defoe.

1st season

56 games 34 goals and 19 assists

2nd season

51 games 43 goals and 13 assists

How do you play him may i ask ??

i'm in Jan transfer window, 1st Season, patch 10.2, playing At MAdrid

Just found out Dzeko has transferlisted by request.

Asking price is 10.75mil, matching is valuation.

Only Aston Villa is interested. No bid yet.

Should i sign him up?

I currently have

Adriano

Forlan

E. Cavanni

Adrian (from Deportivo)

i use a 4-2-2-2 box midfield. Aguero plays at AMC position.

i have reyes as back-up too.

How do you play him may i ask ??

I have him teaming up with Defoe(adv forward) as a complete forward(support), he supports more. If teaming up with Crouch(deeping lying forward), Dzeko will be on attack and he scores more.

I played a 4-4-2(with AML).

i'm in Jan transfer window, 1st Season, patch 10.2, playing At MAdrid

Just found out Dzeko has transferlisted by request.

Asking price is 10.75mil, matching is valuation.

Only Aston Villa is interested. No bid yet.

Should i sign him up?

I currently have

Adriano

Forlan

E. Cavanni

Adrian (from Deportivo)

i use a 4-2-2-2 box midfield. Aguero plays at AMC position.

i have reyes as back-up too.

For 10.75? Would be a no-brainer for me :)

For 10.75? Would be a no-brainer for me :)

the thing is i'm not sure if i need him. I brought in Cavanni to replace Forlan in due time. Adriano is still only 27 yrs old. Plus i have Adrian who is developing nicely.

Further to that, i dont have any Frgn slots left. i would have to loan him out next season, until one of my frgn guys accepts citizhenship.

You could still do it for profit. Youll sell him for a lot more and get the loan fee.

I just read Milan offered huntelaar + 25m for him IRL (arround 45m judging by huntelaars previous 2 transfers).

thats always an idea. :D..... in fact, that would be mirroring what happens in real life too.

wonder the AI does that?

I bought him for Man City and play him as an attacking complete forward (lone striker) but has only two assists in ten games wi no goals. Even more frustrating is the fact that he has scored four in four for his international team.

Never play lone forward as a Advanced Forward if you don't play with AMC. Play him as a Deep-Lying Forward (Support), so he doesn't gets isolated from the rest of the team. :thup:

Archived