FM10: Edin Dzeko

bjoggi33

Just signed Dzeko for 16.5 million, and I'm planning to partner him with Rooney, whats the best roles for both Dzeko and Rooney to get the best out of both players? I've had two friendly matches with Dzeko as a Target man to head with support, but he's had really low ratings and these friendly matches were against lower league opposition such as Newcastle Town. Any help appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I also have Gourcuff and planning to use in as ACM, whats the best role to get the best out of Dzeko?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got Dzeko for £11.5m as he was transfer listed by request. So far - 6 games 2 goals 3 assists. It's not bad as I play him Target Man support, with either Rooney or Villa on Advanced Forward attack. Should I set target man supply to mixed or to head, and with Villa or Rooney would he be better playing as a Complete Forward support

Cheers.

Just signed Dzeko for 16.5 million, and I'm planning to partner him with Rooney, whats the best roles for both Dzeko and Rooney to get the best out of both players? I've had two friendly matches with Dzeko as a Target man to head with support, but he's had really low ratings and these friendly matches were against lower league opposition such as Newcastle Town. Any help appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I also have Gourcuff and planning to use in as ACM, whats the best role to get the best out of Dzeko?

I would highly recommend him as a complete forward. He has the attributes to pull it off. As stated before, these are my stats for him

1st season

56 games 34 goals and 19 assists

2nd season

51 games 43 goals and 13 assists

3rd season

49 games 43 goals and 13 assists

Got Dzeko for £11.5m as he was transfer listed by request. So far - 6 games 2 goals 3 assists. It's not bad as I play him Target Man support, with either Rooney or Villa on Advanced Forward attack. Should I set target man supply to mixed or to head, and with Villa or Rooney would he be better playing as a Complete Forward support

Cheers.

Dandy, i play with 1 up front as much as i do 2, but when i'm going for 2 i play Dzeko as Advanced/Attack, Rooney as Complete/Support. Nice combo, i suppose a few variation would work well as long as one of them's attack and the other support.

Lies. Acquafresca is decent, but he's not in the same class.

Definitely! Dzeko is out of touch! :)

To find someone similar, just make a search filter with the most important stats to see how everyone has developed in your game ;) Maybe a regen :p

P.S: Check out Seleznyov, Hoarau

I would highly recommend him as a complete forward. He has the attributes to pull it off. As stated before, these are my stats for him

1st season

56 games 34 goals and 19 assists

2nd season

51 games 43 goals and 13 assists

3rd season

49 games 43 goals and 13 assists

wow, some nice stats there. Will try him out as a complete forward and report on how he goes. Cheers.

Dzeko IS "Either" footed ;)

20 / 18 are his ratings for left / right foot on my current save game in second season

But not 20/20, where the term 'fully double footed' would be used to describe. He isn't fully double footed, if he was, he'd be 20/20.

I don't know how to do spoilers, if you help, I'll spoil the numbers!

Got Dzeko in for Birmingham. Pure class.

First season: played 46 scored 36 - assists: 13

Second season: played 57 scored 43 - assists: 16

Third season so far: played 30 scored 22 - assists: 12

6 player of the months, European Striker of the Year, English Player of the Year, Premier League Top Scorer twice, European Golden Boot Winner, World Player of the Year, European Footballer of the Year, European Champions Cup Golden Boot runner-up & Best Player Runner-up.

May well be my best ever signing of FM.

But not 20/20, where the term 'fully double footed' would be used to describe. He isn't fully double footed, if he was, he'd be 20/20.

I don't know how to do spoilers, if you help, I'll spoil the numbers!

And comparing that to Acquafresca`s 12 / 20... ;)

There ain`t many fully double footed players in the game, and only a few that are really good players. 18 / 20 is more than enough. Dzeko is way better than Acquafresca both in real life and on FM.

Try Dzeko as complete forward(support) and Gabby as advanced forward(attack). My combo is Dzeko with Defoe, so should be similar.

Ok thanks.

Do i need to set Dzeko as a Targetman under the tactics screen?

I tried Dzeko as a complete forward and I felt that the team was not really utilising his aerial ability.

Try Dzeko as complete forward(support) and Gabby as advanced forward(attack). My combo is Dzeko with Defoe, so should be similar.
Nope...don't need to set anything. What formation are you playing?

A simple 442.

Aston Villa's players are not very good in passing, creativity and flair, so I'm playing a direct passing game.

Hi guys, i started a new game with arsenal and signed Dzeko.

Im playing the 41212 formation with Dzeko advanced forward alongside Van Persie.

Dzeko current stats - 4 goals in 15 games!!!! i paid 20m for him! how comes everyone rates him? he does hardly anything on my game

Also finding it extremely hard. Only 3 players i signed Dzeko, Moses and Ochoa.

Incomplacent results in the league ie WLWLX currently 7th and got knocked out of the Champions league in the qualifiers to Anderlecht!!!!

HELP! lol

A simple 442.

Aston Villa's players are not very good in passing, creativity and flair, so I'm playing a direct passing game.

I play a similar 4-4-2 but have an anchorman and Ashley young pushed up to AML. I play Dzeko as a comlplete forward alongside Gabby or Gignac set to poacher. Takes a few games to gel but it works wonders and his strike ppartner normally bags a lot of goals, with Dzeko scoring a fair few and grabbing assists while he's at it.

Hi guys, i started a new game with arsenal and signed Dzeko.

Im playing the 41212 formation with Dzeko advanced forward alongside Van Persie.

Dzeko current stats - 4 goals in 15 games!!!! i paid 20m for him! how comes everyone rates him? he does hardly anything on my game

Also finding it extremely hard. Only 3 players i signed Dzeko, Moses and Ochoa.

Incomplacent results in the league ie WLWLX currently 7th and got knocked out of the Champions league in the qualifiers to Anderlecht!!!!

HELP! lol

I'd play him as complete forward and van persie as deep lying forward if I'm honest, those roles should suit the two of them. Even playing Van Persie just behind him may be an option for you

Signed him for Tottenham for 29million euro and play him up front with Keane or Defoe. Have him as target man (Attack) and ball to head. He has 23 league goals and its the 1st of January. In short the chap is an absolute legend :)

In 10.2? How do you play your other striker and what formation do you generaly use?

In 10.2? How do you play your other striker and what formation do you generaly use?/QUOTE]

Yeah in 10.2.

I play the other striker as a supporting poacher, i use someone fast and rotate between Keane/Defoe and Giuseppe Rossi. I use a 4-3-1-2 with 2 wide men designated as wingers(attack) and the AMC designated as a trequartista, which Modric is excellent at then I have Gago in the middle behind Modric to hold the midfield together a bit.

In 10.2? How do you play your other striker and what formation do you generaly use?/QUOTE]

Yeah in 10.2.

I play the other striker as a supporting poacher, i use someone fast and rotate between Keane/Defoe and Giuseppe Rossi. I use a 4-3-1-2 with 2 wide men designated as wingers(attack) and the AMC designated as a trequartista, which Modric is excellent at then I have Gago in the middle behind Modric to hold the midfield together a bit.

Don't get it. Poacher can only have Attack duty. Anyway thanks for the info. ;)

If I play him with Pato, what roles should they have?

With those two, it doesn't matter. If it were possible to set them up as Limited Defenders, they'd still score goals.

I'm playing Dzeko as target man/attack or complete forward/attack and pato as advanced forward or poacher. If you play with an AMC, you should be able to pull off having both on attack duty. Since I presume you're Milan, having a good AMC shouldn't be a problem.

Archived