FM10 Official Arsenal Thread - You can win anything with kids!

arsenal_2111

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I just offered £20M for Mexex up front and it was instantly accepted. Didn't think it'd be so easy to get one of the best defenders in the game.

He's available for £17M at the beginning of the season. Once he signs a new contract with Roma, his cost goes up a bit.

For the purposes of the demo, it might be worth cashing in on Vermaelen, bringing in Jorge Andrade on a free in a backup role, and putting the profit towards a better central defender (such as Mexes) or defensive midfielder. Andrade's stats are comparable with Vermaelen's (who's the most valuable, money-wise, defender in the squad).

I'm currently seven games into the season, starting off pretty decent with 5 wins and 2 draws.

My transfer strategy was to get ahold of a world class dmc at any cost, and if there was some money left, a gk to challenge for Almunia's place in the team. Must say I love the 48 months downpayments as I ended up with de Rossi (£36,5M) and Frey (£20,5M)for those positions and still have enough left for Dzeko (£15M), Di Maria (£5,5M), G. Milito (£5M), Muniain (£800k) and Muniesa (£200k) at a total of £84M. After tohse signings I had almost 1/3 of my transfer budget left, but had to adjust the wage budget to get the board of my back.

My current starting eleven:

GK: Sebastien Frey (6 clean sheets so far (7 games))

DL: Gael Clichy

DR: Bacary Sagna

DC: William Gallas

DC: Phillippe Senderos (Unfortunately Vermaelen just don't cut it. Milito still injured.)

DMC: Daniele de Rossi

ML: Angel di Maria (MoM in his first two games. Rosicky, Nasri still injured)

MR: Andrey Arshavin

MC: Cesc Fabregas ( Top scorer with 3 goals so far, 2 of them probably Goal of the season candidates)

ST: Robin van Persie

ST: Edin Dzeko

Enjoying the demo and really happy about the new tactic system.

That said, I'm still trying to figure out how to get Fabregas to perform.

I play a 4-4-2 with the following settings and roles:

Philosophy: Fluid

Starting Strategy: Attacking

Passing Style: Short

Creative Freedom: More Expressive

Closing Down: Default

Tackling: Default

Marking: Zonal

Crossing: Default

Roaming: Default

Primary Playmaker: Fabregas

Roles:

Goalkeeper

(Defend)

Full Back---Central Defender---Central Defender---Full Back

(Auto) (Defend) (Defend) (Auto)

Wide Midfield---Advance Playmaker---Ball Winning---Wide Midfield

(Attack) (Attack) (Defend) (Attack)

Poacher---Deep Lying Forward

(Attack) (Support)

In general, the team plays great but I don't see Fabregas laying on killer balls. Most of the attack seems to come from the FB up to the Wingers and then either they cross, dribble into the box or pass to the top of the box.

Suggestions? Focus passing through middle? Narrow width? Change some roles around?

Cheers!

Acualy signed him for £6m. scout report says he would be £4.8, went for £6m as i couldn't be bothred to haggle. He was said to be a deffinate purchace. I did sign him on 10th august, dont know if that may have made a difference

Ahh... that could be the case mate. I'm still in July thou. Camacho has been defiant in his contract renewal with his current club, might just sneak in a bid early August.

Must say I love the 48 months downpayments as I ended up with de Rossi (£36,5M) and Frey (£20,5M)for those positions and still have enough left for Dzeko (£15M), Di Maria (£5,5M), G. Milito (£5M), Muniain (£800k) and Muniesa (£200k) at a total of £84M. After tohse signings I had almost 1/3 of my transfer budget left, but had to adjust the wage budget to get the board of my back.

Uh, it's kind of ridiculous. Having offloaded four players for £21m, I've managed to blow £121m using 48 month installment payments without the board making any noise or needing to fiddle with the wage budget. And I have £9m of my original "£33m" budget left.

The starting lineup I've assembled is:

GK: Frey

LB: Clichy

RB: Sagna

CB: Mexes

CB: Gallas

CM: De Rossi

CM: Fabregas

CM: Toulalan

LF: Van Persie

CF: Dzeko

RF: Arshavin

Silly -- but it is just a game, right? :)

EDIT: Obviously I realise that if I carried on the save game very much beyond the demo, my balance sheet would not look so hot. Still, there's a point to be made in the lack of realism in the board allowing me to do this.

Ahh... that could be the case mate. I'm still in July thou. Camacho has been defiant in his contract renewal with his current club, might just sneak in a bid early August.

Have scince started again to try and get a solid tactic going. Athletico may have signed someone in this position by then and maybe he was deemed surplus to requierments?

To late to tell now. Good luck in trying to get him

Really loving the new game, bit unsure of some parts of the new tactic system though. I've made three 4-3-3 (or 4-5-1 as the game calls it) tactics, one for a Trequartista (Van Persie), one for a Poacher (Eduardo) and one for a Target Man (Bendtner). I usually start with an Attacking system, which 90% of the time is really effective. But once we get a 2 or 3 goal lead, if the other team looks dangerous on the counter, I go Control, otherwise I go counter. Then I select the Retain Possession touchline instruction. Now, in my opinion, this seems like a sensible thing to do to see out the game. The game seems to have other ideas though. Last 2 games against Pompy and Hull I went 3-0 up, went Counter and Retain Possession for Pompy, and Control plus Retain Possession for Hull. After that my team started playing lots of pointless long ballsand losing the ball, and in both games the opposition played 2 long balls within about 15 minutes of eachother, and on FOUR occasions in the 2 matches, my defense just left the ball to bounce through and their strikers were one on one with Almunia, who is rather terrible I've found on this version. Anyway rant over.

I've signed Hamsik (£10.25m), Palombo (£12m), Subotic (£10m), Otamendi (£2.8m) and Areola (£78k). I've sold Silvestre (£4m), Diaby (£5m), Traore (£4.5m) and Senderos (£3m).

Sitting 4th in the leage, won 4 drawn 3. Finding it hard not to concede in games, even if we obliterate the other team, they always seem to pull it back to a 1 goal win. Otamendi has been pretty poor, and so has Hamsik tbh. He's played 8 games, no goals, no assists and average rating of 6.66. I'm playing him as an advanced playmaker with Attack role but doesn't seem to like it. Any ideas how to use him anybody?

A little question to the Gooners here, how the f... can people already know the PA's of some players? I heard Vela had a crappy PA? Some of the testers leaked info orso?

There was a post that was started which had the PA's of almost all players in it. It was thought that SI would allow such a post from the demo itself but as it turns out, they were not very happy with that idea. So it got shut down! :)

A little question to the Gooners here, how the f... can people already know the PA's of some players? I heard Vela had a crappy PA? Some of the testers leaked info orso?

No he previously had an amzing pa now he has a very good one iirc.

I'm looking forward to starting my game with Arsenal when the game comes out.

I'm just casually progressing through the demo, letting my assistant control the friendlies because I just want to check out the players and stuff rather than actually play it. Just going to wait for the full game so I can play properly with a large database and selected leagues and of course, slightly tweaked attributes - (namely Varmaelen) which will hopefully be already done in the first patch so I don't have to go near the editor (which I don't want to - would rather not know CAs and PAs this time round).

I reckon I have a fair idea of the team I will be playing. Although there are a few questionable ones, I do like the look of the attributes (not only those of Arsenal players). They seem more realistic.

My idea so far of my starting 11 is:

GK: Adler or Lloris

DR: Sagna

DL: Clichy

DC: Gallas

DC: Vermaelen

DMC: Moussa Sissoko

MC: Fabregas

MC: Nasri/Denilson

AMR: Van Persie/Wallcot

AML: Arshavin

FC: Van Persie/Eduardo

Reckon I'll be selling Eboue, Almunia, Silvestre and some of the weak youngsters. I'll also be looking to bring in the best young talent.

I am looking forward to now showing dhuey, jammy and hulk how you really manage :cool:

We shall see my friend, we shall see. :cool:

Doing what Sean is doing, making 3 4-3-3's for Rvp, Eduardo and Bendtner. All looking good atm, stilll in pre season though, won't make any buys either.

We shall see my friend, we shall see. :cool:

Doing what Sean is doing, making 3 4-3-3's for Rvp, Eduardo and Bendtner. All looking good atm, stilll in pre season though, won't make any buys either.

I have signed matuidi so far but think i need to make a 4-3-3 for each of them aswell. How are u set up in your 4-3-3s?

Goalkeeper (defend)

2 full backs (automatic)

2 centre backs (defend)

1 anchor man (defend)

1 centre midfielder (support)

1 advanced playmaker (attack)

2 inside forwards (attack)

1 poacher/trequartista/targetman (attack)

Seems to be working, unbeaten, so I am going to quit and start again but buy players.

Goalkeeper (defend)

2 full backs (automatic)

2 centre backs (defend)

1 anchor man (defend)

1 centre midfielder (support)

1 advanced playmaker (attack)

2 inside forwards (attack)

1 poacher/trequartista/targetman (attack)

Seems to be working, unbeaten, so I am going to quit and start again but buy players.

Carbon copy of mine pretty much :D. I don't know who to sell though. What sort of fluidity are you playing?

Very fluid.

Going to sell Gallas for £6M and bring in someone bigger and better. Will reluctantly buy a DM, probably Matuidi on loan. And lastly, a goalkeeper. This is just for the demo though, won't buy anyone but youth on the actual game tbh.

What about Moussa Sissoko as the DMC? He's a young player, with plenty of room for improvement. But he is also ready to play at the start, his stamina stat makes him awesome in DM.

Also, what starting strategy do you all use? I use 'control', but sometimes think I'd be better just going straight for the win, with 'Attacking'.

What about Moussa Sissoko as the DMC? He's a young player, with plenty of room for improvement. But he is also ready to play at the start, his stamina stat makes him awesome in DM.

Also, what starting strategy do you all use? I use 'control', but sometimes think I'd be better just going straight for the win, with 'Attacking'.

How much does he cost?

Also i like the repetition of watford's youngsters in the beginning of the thread.

Well I paid £9.25mil, but I'm sure you could get him for cheaper than that. I'm just too lazy to negotiate more :D

Fwiw, Scott Loach is actually an awesome keeper! Rotation with Ochoa now for me. Jenkins is also a good player, starts with a passing stat of 16 iirc. Hodson is just recommended because I like him, and he has good stats for a 17 year old (although I've now seen his stats don't increase much).

I had to pay £7.25mil for Ochoa, but I've seen him go for £2.5mil. Loach cost me £1.8mil.

They wanted £14mil for Sakho, so I went for Nicolas Otamendi instead. He cost £850k, and rotated with Senderos and Vermaelen who were all equally fantastic.

Sissoko, like I said, cost £9.25mil. He's a great player, but that's a lot of money. I also got Clement Chantome for £5.75mil, he can play DM/AM C which is useful but isn't as good as Sissoko imo.

Haven't tried for Zapata, Matuidi or Kacer.

Probably.

Fabregas is a certain to start, but then your only other options are Denilson, Song, Ramsey and Merida. Oh, and Nasri too if you want to play him there.

If you play with a more defensive player in the middle (probably Denilson) then Fabregas and another more creative player with him. You could use Nasri there, but that would still only leave you with Merida, Ramsey and Song as backup.

Imo, none of the existing backup players would be able to step in for long periods if you got an injury, so buying someone is needed imo.

Like I said to Dhuey above, Chantome is a good player for a reasonably low price. He can play in both an attacking and defensive role, so maybe you could get him?

That would leave you with;

MCd (x 1) - Denilson, Song, Chantome

MCa (x2) - Fabregas, Nasri, Ramsey, Merida, Chantome

But ideally I'd want to play Nasri on the left, so you could have Fabregas, Chantome and Denilson in the middle. Then Song, Ramsey, Merida and (if necessary) Nasri as backup.

Guess who's back? Yeah it's me.

I got to the start of January on my only demo save so far.

In 23 apps, Edin Dzeko scored 20 goals, assisted 10, got 6 MOM's and an average rating of 7.55. (This is in all competitions)

My only main transfers were:

Nicolas Otamendi, Eduardo Salvio and Edin Dzeko.

I got a bunch of youngsters aswell including:

Luc Castaignos, Iker Muniain, Alphonse Areola, Romelu Lukaku and Marc Muniesa.

Unfortunately Im only 4th in the league with a 10-3-3 record. Tottenham are somehow walking the league with a 14-3-1 record. I got knocked out of the CL Quals to Fiorentina so walked a Europa League group including PAOK, Hertha and Cluj.

Probably.

Fabregas is a certain to start, but then your only other options are Denilson, Song, Ramsey and Merida. Oh, and Nasri too if you want to play him there.

If you play with a more defensive player in the middle (probably Denilson) then Fabregas and another more creative player with him. You could use Nasri there, but that would still only leave you with Merida, Ramsey and Song as backup.

Imo, none of the existing backup players would be able to step in for long periods if you got an injury, so buying someone is needed imo.

Like I said to Dhuey above, Chantome is a good player for a reasonably low price. He can play in both an attacking and defensive role, so maybe you could get him?

That would leave you with;

MCd (x 1) - Denilson, Song, Chantome

MCa (x2) - Fabregas, Nasri, Ramsey, Merida, Chantome

But ideally I'd want to play Nasri on the left, so you could have Fabregas, Chantome and Denilson in the middle. Then Song, Ramsey, Merida and (if necessary) Nasri as backup.

Brilliant thanks. Also i have started again, so i can finally enter a game with some ideas

Having lost my save game due to an unknown error (I think it had something to do with the My Documents folder being encrypted) I've started again as Arsenal. I'm going to stick with the 4-3-3's, but going to try some different players. Possible targets are Matuidi, Sakho, Defour, Ochoa, Zapata, Sissoko and Mertesacker.

Nice additions to the OP James :)

started a new game and enjoying the new fm alot

playing a 4 3 3 with fullbacks, gallas the footballing centre back and fazio the stopper who tries to win headers

song is my 'anchor man' or defensive midfielder

denilson is a defensive central midfielder with cesc as the 'advanced playmaker'

walcott right winger in amr

arshavin as my inside forward in aml who attacks

rvp is my complete striker or eduardo is my advanced striker and my 3rd option is bendtner as my target man

debating whether to play rvp as an inside forward on the right with eduardo upfront, but dudu never scores for me :( tried him as a poacher too

i just got fazio and matuidi and looking to sign a new goalkeeper

trying to sell silvestre

Is it just me or did Arsenal get nerfed? Or maybe I'm just playing badly.

I'm playing 4-5-1 with 2 attacking midfielders on the wings.

My starting Xi: Almunia, Gallas, Vermaelen, Sagna/Srna, Clichy, Palombo, Hamsik, Fabregas, Arshavin, Van Persie and Walcott.

Looks great on paper, but my first game, I went 0-0 to Blackburn away and then 0-0 to Celtic at home. Pretty rough way to start...

i'm thinking of playing a 4-3-3 with inside forwards cutting in. i would need a few players and am open to your suggestions.

GK-dunno yet

RB-sagna

LB-clichy

DC-vermaalan

DC-gallas

DMC-dunno

MC-fabregas

MCa-dunno(mayb van der vaart)

AMR-van persie(cutting in inside forward)

AML-arshavin(same as RVP)

FC-maybe dzeko

so i would need a MCa, DMC and a GK. i may also get a DC if my budget permits(not so important)

i could use some suggestion and who do u think is better-gallas or vermaalan(on the demo)

Three games and a whole host of friendlies, I reckon its time for an Update! Hah.

The DEMO is looking good ay. Brilliant User Interface me thinks.

Back to the Update, I'll start by listing my transfer activities.

Transfer Ins:

Areola, Alphonse - 725K

Mexes, Philippe - 16.5m

Rolfes, Simon - 11.25m

Andrade, Jorge - Free

Frey, Sebastien - 19.25m

Transfer Outs

Wilshere, Jack - Loan (Derby)

Silvestre, Mikael - 1.5m (Lyon)

Barazite, Nacer - Loan (Millwall)

Gibbs, Kieran - Loan (Ipswich)

I don't know why I bought Areola, its not like I'm going to play the lad anytime soon. He's only 16 years old. And I'm only on a DEMO. Maybe the high potential influenced my purchase at that point of time.

Mexes is a must have for me, I've been getting the lad in every season of FM. I do not really care about how much he costs but I must admit I think its a steal with the price I got.

When I started on Arsenal, I knew we needed a proper DM, don't get me wrong, its not that I don't think Song is good enough but I wanted depth in that area. Had 3 players in mind, Ignacio Camacho, Moussa Sissoko and Simon Rolfes. After much consideration between the 3, Rolfes sort of won that prize. Haha... I should also add that he's been doing a pretty solid job so far.

Because of the sale of Silvestre, I reckon I needed a CB so on board came a decent free transfer in the shape of J.Andrade.

The only reason why I bought S.Frey at such a ridiculous price was because I wanted to test how good he is in FM10. The transfer became more absured when I realised I had signed him a little too late. He's ineligable for European games! Takes the p*ss.

As far as the loan outs are concern, I figured I won't be making much use of them in this short DEMO so I believe I'm actually doing them lot a favour. wayhay...

The sale of Silvestre was rather easy for me, never really believed he was a Gooner so off he went. Au revoir Mikael. =D

The friendlies and three matches I've played are going well. Won all of them. The players that has impressed me the most are Aaron Ramsey and Fran Merida. Looks matured in the games they played, scored brilliant screamers too.

The best game I had so far was the previous game, away against Fulham. Vermaelan was sent off on the 3rd minutes. Reckon the game was going to end up a stale mate or even a defeat. Strangely, the marching order seems to give life to the team. I did not go on defensive after the sending off, tactics was status quo. 4 nil it ended. All goals coming in from the 1st half. Eduardo started the ball rolling with a well placed finish. Theo doubled with a thunder bolt from the left and RVP knocked up a brace with the latter goal being a scorcer from distant.

I guess that is all I have so far. Would be posting up new updates some time.... or not. I cannot wait for the full game to be released more updates from there I'm sure.

Suggestions and comments are welcomed. Cheers. =D

gbshjdgkzf

You have plenty of money to buy people for all 3 positions mate. And good players too.

CB - Mexes, Otamendi, Sakho

DMC - Palombo, Rolfes, Sissoko

GK - Ochoa, Frey, Akinfeev

Why would you need an MCa though?? You've got Nasri & Rosicky in the squad and both of them are far better than VDV atleast. You've also got Vela who can play there. If you put Walcott on the wing, Arshavin will be a beast there I'm sure. Not to mention the 2 youngsters you have - Wilshere & Barazite. You definitely don't need anyone more.

Same goes for a striker. With Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela & Walcott, you have plenty of fire-power in your ranks. Although Dzeko is class for sure.

max05

3 quality signings mate and all at good enough prices as well. You could have signed Otamendi instead of getting the injury-prone Andrade tbh. Otamendi is full of potential and if reasonably cheap as well. Shame about Frey but I'm sure Almunia will cope well enough for now. :thup:

Does anyone keep Senderos. He looks fine as a back up and I only get £5m when i sell him. The problem is his contract oly has a year to run and I am reluctant to extend it for a back up player.

I am having terrible difficulties getting a keeper as the prices so way too high. Maybe I ma getting a bit too much Arsne Wenger!

Archived