FM10 Official Arsenal Thread - You can win anything with kids!

arsenal_2111

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Lads. Whats it been? A bout a year now? Just starting playing the demo. Did pretty poor in my friendly it must be said but sorted myself out. I messed around with tactics. Happy enough now. 4-3-3 albeit different to the one the team actually plays in IRL. The midfield has an anchor man (DM) - Palombo, Deeplying play maker (mc) - Cesc, Advanced Play Maker (mc) - Hamsik. Then i set the players out wide to whatever suits them best, usually inside forward unless it is a player with serious speed like walcott. I also bought subotic. Hamsik is a revelation as per usual. My signing have been pretty much mentioned. Denilson is on loan at valencia, and I'd send Diaby out too if someone too khim off my hands. Silvestre was sold to PSG. I'll put a bit more effort into this when i play a few more games and see how i'm really getting on.

-----------RVP-----------

--Rosicky------------Arshavin-----

-----Hamsik---Fabregas-------

---------Palombo---------

--Clichy-Vermaelen-Gallas-Sagna--

-----------Almunia----------

Team hopefully when all fit.

Full backs on attack when at home, or support away unless we go 2 goals up which then set to defend.

The Verminator is my ball playing center back.

My front 3 are constantly switching, but this is tricky as their different roles depend on the player.

Play sweep keeper, role set to type of game. Only play keeper when the game is very very tight.

I don't always play RVP up in front but i set him to Trequarista and he got 4 goals in one game.

I usually play acttcking until i go 2 goals up, then retain possesion and play the counter.

I can't recommend hamsik enough. I usually play as Arsenal for a while then Napioli and then when that gets old start a season with Athletic Bilbao but Hamsik is probably the best player i have come in the game. I know he is well known now but he wasn't always. Ideally i used to use him and Javi Martinez in this tactics at Napoli, but replaced him with Adrien from Sporting Lisbon when Hamsik went to United for £40m.

----------------------------------------

How are people getting on with the problem position DM? Who if anyone did you buy. Unless his potential is serious Song is under estimated in the game but thats hardly surprising after last year when most players were greatly exaggerated. So who did you buy and how are they doing? Palombo will never win a world player of the year but he is quaility and gets the job done and costs around £11-12m. I'm a bit like AW like that anyways, spending £35m on de rossi doesn't make sense for the position that it is.

Playing with Arsenal with 4-2-3-1, doing great so far. Leading the premiership table with only 1 loss in 10 games (8 wins). i made a mistake of purchasing Veloso, he is not the same player as in 09. Arshavin is a beast for me, playing on amc. He s leading the club charts in goals, asists and average rating. I have Eduardo and Dzeko exchanging at striker spot. First as a poacher, second as a target man. Both doing good, but Bendtner is really pushing them out as my first choice and im starting to wonder if i would do better with buying good CB instead of Dzeko. Bendtner scored 2 goals in every game hes played in (3).

My only problem so far is Fabregas. Maybe its my tactic, but he s been average at best at MC spot. I ve tryed him as playmaker and central midfilder role. Both in attack and support roles. Only 6.9 average score so far. Has anyone been able to play him right?

Fabregas has always been a mixed bag for me or some reason. On some saves hell be brilliant, but on others he'll just be pedestrian. I just looked at my tackle completed % and, christ it's averaging really low every game. How do I increase the tackles completed?

Ignacio Camacho is Available for £5M and already takes the DM spot for me over Song. Stats look like they could improve alot over a couple of seasons

How did you get that to happen? My scouts mention he's indispensable and would prolly cost me awhole lot. Plus his wage demands is ridiculous for his age. Something over 45k/week. Please update on this situation mate if you don't mind.

Arsenal mate, great stuff again, but i will not make any compliments, because I expected that level from you, Discostu, Hulkster, Purefun, and other advanced arsenal-ers :)

I downloaded demo yesterday and feeling lice Alice in Wonderland, looking at the new makeup from SI. Definitely like the new settings from SI and new tactics instruction and explanations, it makes player instructions more easier, although the latter solution has it's own pro's and con's..

Taking look at the team seems like we've been robbed again, Vermalen is underrated, long shots 9, come on SI, have you seen the lad strutting stuff, and already naming himself as a natural leader of our defence, and great long-shooter, also marking and tackling, composure, and positioning, also jumping could been a little upper. Arshavin is also underrated, and biggest failure of all are Bendtner and Arshavin. Arshavins, flair and long shots could be higher, and also influence, and technique, dribbling and pace, composure aswell, he banged more under pressure goals than regular ones... And Bendtner is more influenced this than previous year. I agree he hasnt been scoring ****, but he has performing more defensive duties this year than last one, he is stronger than ever and vins more aerial battles. He closed down completely, hangeland from fulham in the free kicks and corners against fulham, and definitely deserves aerial presence, with upper heading than 14, even if his jumping is 18. Fabregas dribling and crossing is poor, poor, poooooor, and definitely needs adjusting, from one of the better passser in the world, he assisted arround every goal this season.

That's my level of frustration for the data department

I am into the half time with reserves exploring the team as whole, with new instructions, and like good ol' Arsene, aint going to give **** for transfer market

Considering for buying otamendi from velez, he looks decent prospect, selling big bald Swiss, as he is too stupid to play for me. And looking some mentally present CB to add to squad to replace Willy. Any suggestions ??

Looking forward full release, as i'm bored to play FM09

Regards, to all my Arsenal teammates :)

Vermalen is not under-rated mate. He's been judged on his performances and ability when he was at Ajax, not since he's been at Arsenal. All the research in terms of players had been done quite a while back so that's why you see guys like Vermaelen not rated that high just yet. Wait for the first patch. I'm sure he'll be brilliant in that.

As for a CB to replace Gallas - don't bother. Gallas is very good and there aren't a lot of great CB's who're available cheap. Having said that, you can always try for Mexes, Sakho or Chiellini if you're willing to spend all that cash!

Koki Balboa - I know what you mean. It looks like the previous batch of players from FM09 have been taken wholesale and plonked straight into FM10, totally disregarding the improvements since. I was at least hoping that players like Gibbs and Song would be updated to reflect their improvements while Arshavin would elevated to a level that would make him one of the top players in the league. It's depressing to see that in a season where our youngsters are all actually playing better collectively, their stats have somewhat deproved in game. I can understand that our first team might not be on par with the other top teams, but what irks me is that our double-winning reserves seems so bereft of genuine talent. At least we have 50 mil to spend now...

Greetings you big bad beast :))) How's thing are going in your homeland ?? Is it all just work, work, work ??

Regarding Vermalen, I know all stuff that you are talking, but I think Vermalen was better in the FM08, he was my regular signing, as he is Wenger-esque and regularly cheap, he was also good in Holland, but I'm sure you are right he will be boosted in the patch. And regarding Gallas I found interesting replacement, although a bit pricey, Mertesacker, another blast from the past :)

He looks promising and possible world class. With mentally presence in Composure 20, and concentration 18, anticipation 18, positioning and teamwork 18, jumping 20 (will be targeted from corners), strength 15 and balance fourteen 14, can be improved and better, heading, marking, tackling, 17, 18, 16. Aged 24 anc cost 13M Euros, we have long term replacement with aerial presence in Per the deutsch. he's little bit slow but complementary with sagna clichy and willy or Verminator, could be a real Gem.

Here some idea for defence with reasonable, a little bit pricey for my taste but good solution :)

AOV

Seeing your point and agreeing with it. Also I would like to add that they may degrade our players, whatever they want, but just wait them until I lay my hands on Editor, and fulfills the justice :)

I have played 9 games so far, top of table by a point playing a 4-3-2-1

............Alumuina................

Sagna Sobotic, Vermaelen sagna

...........palambo..................

.........Cesc Nasri................

Theo...........................Arshavin

............RVP

team instruction- short passing, quick tempo, very fluid, focus passing mixed, defensive line normal, wide, attacking

Full backs are set as attacking

Cesc set as attacking advanced playmaker

Nasri nset as support advanced playemaker

Palambo defensive

Theo and Arshavin set as inside forwards

RVp attacking st and swap position with Arshavin

my issues are am getting caught on the counter and Cesc..I have tried him as deep lying playmaker, support advanced playmaker and attacking advanced playmaker, nothing seems to work, hardly getting ave rating over 7

what should do and whats cescs best role

Also I noticed that we suffer from deep cutting of clubs reputation, whichever player has approach from real, barcelona, or another club, player like sagna become unhappy, gallas too, RVP, this stuff isn't ok.

Dily, I play cesc as support advanced playmaker, in partnership with song, instructed to kill and win the ball and cesc is solid, not too bright with rating. My assumption is that this is bug which they take from previous FM09 engine, remember how cesc was suffering with ratings when FM09 demo was out ;)

just gone past the transfer window and i reckon i have a decent enough team to compete :cool:

GK : Ochoa (Brilliant for £2.5M)

DR : Sagna (Couldn't get rid)

DL : Clichy

DC : Otamendi

DC : Zapata

DMC : Kacar

MC : Ramsey

MC : Fabregas

AMR : Arshavin

AML : Di Maria

ST : Dzeko

awesome :cool:

just gone past the transfer window and i reckon i have a decent enough team to compete :cool:

GK : Ochoa (Brilliant for £2.5M)

DR : Sagna (Couldn't get rid)

DL : Clichy

DC : Otamendi

DC : Zapata

DMC : Kacar

MC : Ramsey

MC : Fabregas

AMR : Arshavin

AML : Di Maria

ST : Dzeko

awesome :cool:

what have you done?!

We are little exaggerating, Barnet, no offense :D

It's ok, could you name the prices you paid for new signings ??

My season goes well so far. I bought three players so far :

Per Mertesacker - 16M Euros, i mentioned 13 above but it's my mistake, it's actually 16M Euros

Moussa Sissoko - 12,25M Euros

Nicolas Otamendi - 3,3 Euros

Transfers out:

Senderos - Galatasaray for 4M

Wilshere - on Loan 400k

Traore - Sheff Wed on loan for 1M Euros

Ramsey - West Brom on loan for 1M Euros

Murphy - 900k to Stoke transfer

Gallas - 6,5M Euros was looking to move to a bigger club

Although I can't get rid of ridiculous Silvestre, everything seems ok. Playing in 4-2-2-2 formation

--Almunia--

Sagna------Mertesacker-------Vermalen--------Clichy

Fabregas---------Song

Walcott-----------------------------------Arshavin

RVP--------------Bendtner

PLaying with flair thru the wings, with playmaker (Fabregas) and targetman (Bendtner)

Very satisfied with match engine, although it has its bugs and flaws. But revelation is that this version is more adjusted to real football knowledge, than the last one, which was more turned to statistic fans...It's my humble opinion.

Almunia is pretty solid in my games so far. Beat Fulham and Blackburn away with minimal goal difference, dominated whole game.

Walcott is pretty stupid on the wing although fast, he has some stupid reactions, arshavin is beast when setted as inside forward, rvp as supporting striker is excellent Bendner as targetman, give his tribute to goals.

And i'm proud of my spending big bucks, since mertesacker is dominating the defence, scoring one from the corner in two games...

This is so far, any thoughts ?

You sold Vela :eek: I know he can't become god-like anymore, but he's been performing really well for me. But I suppose with only one striker and with the likes of Dzeko, van Persie and Eduardo...

I notice a lot of people buying Subotic. I haven't checked him out on this game yet. How good is he? He was very solid on 09.

In regards to Clichy, he didn't have the best of seasons last time whereas Evra was part of a title winning sqaud, so there probably was a decrease in CA. There's Abidal as well so it could just be that there's too much better competition.

Okay, have started up my demo. Will play the game with Arsenal through a few times. First time, I'm not going to buy anyone, will focus on tactics. Then the big buys that will strengthen my squad in the next. Then youth.

Liking this version so far.

How did you get that to happen? My scouts mention he's indispensable and would prolly cost me awhole lot. Plus his wage demands is ridiculous for his age. Something over 45k/week. Please update on this situation mate if you don't mind.

Acualy signed him for £6m. scout report says he would be £4.8, went for £6m as i couldn't be bothred to haggle. He was said to be a deffinate purchace. I did sign him on 10th august, dont know if that may have made a difference

When I got my report on Camacho, my scout said he would cost £22M. This could be a case similar to that in FM09, where he would be very very expensive at the start but a bargain in January.

I dont think he would have a random PA as Steve Rowley still said 'deffinate purchace'. maybe he was unsettled or something. I feel quite lucky now as I only tured to him after giving up on Toulalan( lyon wanted £34M) Hence not signing Camacho till 10th Aug

More of a CA issue than a PA one. As AI controlled teams play their players based on their current ability, Camacho would be deemed "not good enough to start currently but will be big in the future". As a result, Atletico would go out and buy a new centre midfielder to solve a problem area, disregarding the talent of Camacho at the moment. Since they would now have more midfielders to play and won't have to play Camacho as often, he becomes less valuable to them hence the decreased price. At least that would be an FM09 explanation.

I would be certain that in FM10, Camacho has recieved a CA raise to the point where he would be decent backup and with his high potential he would be quite valuable to them. That, and youngsters seem to be more expensive on this edition. Or is it just me?

I'm also starting again, now that I've gotten a feel for things. I wasn't too satisfied with tactics either so I'm going to be mucking about with those. Have yet to decide what formation best suits Arsenal - and I don't think it's 4-5-1.

This has always been a problem with me when I play as Arsenal. There's too many attackers in the squad which makes it difficult to pick a formation that won't leave everyone out.

I mean we have 4 strikers - van Persie and Eduardo would be first choice, Vela and Bendtner backup but the backups are too good not to be getting some games which, for me, makes the lone striker formation pointless.

Then we have 3 attacking midfielders that can play on the left wing, one on the right wing. There's really only room for one AMC in the formation if you want 2 strikers, but then you wouldn't be able to play with any wingers which makes Walcott pretty useless and leaves Nasri, Rosicky, Wilshere and Barazite all competing for that AMC spot.

And THEN you've your centre mids... Fabregas is beastly and Ramsey is good backup, but then there's the improved Merida and Denilson. And for the role next to him, there's Song, and Denilson as backup but where do you play Randall and Diaby?

So in conclusion, I really don't know what the best formation is :D

Best formation imo;

- Clichy, Sagna, Vermaelen and Senderos as the back four

- A DM, Denilson from the choice at start.

- Fabregas MC

- Walcott MR

- van Persie ST

A defensive midfielder is also needed, so that's 9 players who imo can't be left out.

Which, for me, makes a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-2-2 the best formation. Nasri at ML and Bendtner/Eduardo as the other ST.

I think I'll be going for 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 as well but I will be selling off a bunch of players. Namely:

Traore

Diaby

Randall

Barazite

Rosicky (not sure yet)

Silvestre

As these guys are pretty much surplus to requirements and will make selecting a team much easier.

Arshavin for some reason is a goal machine :) playing on the left wing, and he is tearing it up!

Wish i had thought to play him there on FM09 :( he doesnt just cut back and score, he literally walks it in! Quality!

I havent signed anyone yet. I dont see much point until full release, im just testing formations etc.

So far 5 games into the season, and won 3, lost 1, drawn 1.

It's not that he hasn't got talent. It's that he won't get enough games for me and I'd rather he go play regularly somewhere else than rot in my reserves. Perhaps fortunately, I could get a loan deal for him so if I do decide he has a spot in the first team, he can come back after his loan.

Just downloaded the demo there, and started a trial game with Arsenal.

Going for the Wenger 4-3-3 formation

GK- Almunia for now (Thinking about buying in a new keeper, but no one i find looks really world class and affordable)

DR- Sanga

DL- Clichey

DC- Vermaelen

DC- Gallas

DMC- Song

MC- Fabregas

MC- Denilson or Nasri ( Not sure which yet, was thinking of brining in a box to box player but can't really fing anyone)

AMR- Walcott

AML- Arshavin

ST- van Persie

Thats my basic first team line up, but moving van Persie out to AMR will allow Eduardo (who looks quality) and Bendtner quite a lot of games. Probably look to play Vela on the left, but not sure if I really want to keep him.

As for MC I'm thinking of trying to get Cesc and Nasri to play like Xavi and Iniesta, but not sure of Nasri playing in the middle, but can't really find another place for him.

Not sure of signings so far, already looking at a lot of rotation, but maybe a gk, maybe a young cb and a cm.

Keepers like Akinfeev and Adler look good but with some glaring weaknesses, so it's definately put me off them, so I'm thinking either Mandanda or Frey but still not too sure.

As for sales, Silvestre has gone for 2.5m and Diaby is definately going. I can't deal with his 8 determination, so I might bring in someone better. Ireland, Hamsik perhaps.

JEinchy

If you do sell him, I'd make sure you get a buy back. I play him upfront, in an 'advanced forward' role along side a more natural striker - normally Bendtner or van Persie. He got tap ins, screamers, passing movements, and got a fair few assists as well as a load of goals.

Of course, I could just have got lucky.

Archived