FM10 Official Arsenal Thread - You can win anything with kids!

arsenal_2111

Depending on who is fit and starts ill play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (4-5-1 in the game).

Alumnia (GK)

Sagna (DR)

Gallas (CB)

Vermelean (CB)

Clichy (LB)

Palombo (DM)

Fabregas (CM)

Nasri (CM)

Walcott (AMR)

Arshavin (AML)

RVP (FC)

The ins and outs

Outs:

Traore (DL)

Silvestre (DC)

Randall (AMC)

Murphy (FC)

In:

Palombo (DMC)

Jovetić (AML)

Hamsik (AMC)

Zapata (DC)

Would have liked to bring in a good goalkeeper and offload Almunia but didnt have the funds.

you should not have gone for Hamsik and Jovetic and insted given the chance to Vela and when Rosiky is fit he can do a good job too, then you could have used the money to sign a keeper who will be vital as Alumunia makes big errors

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really had too much of a problem with Manu :S. I guess i'm lucky lol. urm just wondering, dily or any other person who agrees with him, could you elaborate on what you said just previously about not getting Hamsik, coz hes doing really well for me but i do also feel that i could probly spend the money better else where such as a back up left back, centre back and holding midfielder. thanks :)

I haven't really had too much of a problem with Manu :S. I guess i'm lucky lol. urm just wondering, dily or any other person who agrees with him, could you elaborate on what you said just previously about not getting Hamsik, coz hes doing really well for me but i do also feel that i could probly spend the money better else where such as a back up left back, centre back and holding midfielder. thanks :)

While Hamsik is an excellent player that certainly strengthens your team, he's the wrong type of player that Arsenal need at the start of the game. Arsenal's midfield is packed full of creative talent and while most are not as good as Marek Hamsik is, you've already got the best creative midfielder about in Fabregas. Using Hamsik as a ball winner or box-to-box midfielder would waste his talents and with such a dear price tag, you could have used the money to buy about three players that Arsenal need.

By all means though, if he's doing well and your team is winning games regardless then it's a good piece of business.

what I mean is Hamsik is priority to Arsenal...You can play Vela in an advance mid role as well as Rosiky and Nasri. Arsenals priority remains 2 CB I would recommend Naldo and Sabotic together they will cost you about 17 mill and then you can probably sell senderos for about 4 mill and have a transfer budget of 17 mill remaining and go for some one Like Enke who cost me 11 mill...and you can spend the money on a dm...I would even go onto sell couple of the youngsters like Barazite and Merida and buy a top quality dm like Palambo who will cost about 13 mill...having said that it depends on the formation you play.

I play 4-5-1 or old 4-3-3

Enke

sagna Sabotic Naldo Clichy

cesc Palambo Nasri

Walcot Atshavin

RVP

Ok so many Arsenal fans here on the forums agree that Varmaelen's stats need looked at... what I want to know is which stats do you believe need improved (or as the case me be, lowered), and by how much??

E.g.

Long Shots: +4

Positioning: +2

Marking: +1

Jumping: +2

Bravery: +1

Determination: +2

or

Long Shots: 13

Positioning: 17

Marking: 16

Jumping: 16

Bravery: 16

Determination: 16

I will be tweaking him before I start my game (unless he has been sorted in the first patch). I would like some ideas on what his stats should be.

Ok so many Arsenal fans here on the forums agree that Varmaelen's stats need looked at... what I want to know is which stats do you believe need improved (or as the case me be, lowered), and by how much??

E.g.

Long Shots: +4

Positioning: +2

Marking: +1

Jumping: +2

Bravery: +1

Determination: +2

or

Long Shots: 13

Positioning: 17

Marking: 16

Jumping: 16

Bravery: 16

Determination: 16

I will be tweaking him before I start my game (unless he has been sorted in the first patch). I would like some ideas on what his stats should be.

Whatever the stats regarding reading the game should be very high.

I think for the Verminator, more then anything his jumping should be at around 17. Wenger continuously talks about it and I would trust his judgement over anyone elses. Determination and strength could be increase, as could his long shot but not so much that he would score with every shot. His heading could be a bit better considering his leap is good as well. I think thats pretty much it really.

I’d also consider improving his technique and passing, because he is consistently showing that he is a very classy ball-playing CB as well. Didn’t Fabregas comment that he was so good on the ball that he was like another midfielder? Given that, I’ll probably be making him quite similar to Pique.

Hamsik cost me 10 million which I think is fine as I have brought in a DMC Palambo. I would assume Hamsik value would increase immensely later on in the game thus buying him early while he is young same goes for Jovetić. (Jovetic has come on and scored some vital goals from the bench in big games also dubbed as the Serbian Messi). I play Vela as Wenger currently plays him more in cup competitions (Champs league, Carling Cup and F.A. Cup). As for Rosicky he plays a lot due to the injuries in the squad along with squad rotation.

I've read that Per Mertesacker is an absolute beast in the game but you pay a hefty price for him between 12-16 million. Zapata is pretty awesome too but again cost around 11-12 million.

I’d also consider improving his technique and passing, because he is consistently showing that he is a very classy ball-playing CB as well. Didn’t Fabregas comment that he was so good on the ball that he was like another midfielder? Given that, I’ll probably be making him quite similar to Pique.

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to be looking at Pique's stats when I'm editing Vermaelen so I can compare and keep it equal as I believe they are quite similar.

More suggestions guys? I think we've established that the likes of jumping, long shots and strength have to be raised. I also feel that determination, marking, anticipation, positioning and maybe his technical attributes such as passing and technique should be raised.

Hamsik cost me 10 million which I think is fine as I have brought in a DMC Palambo. I would assume Hamsik value would increase immensely later on in the game thus buying him early while he is young same goes for Jovetić. (Jovetic has come on and scored some vital goals from the bench in big games also dubbed as the Serbian Messi). I play Vela as Wenger currently plays him more in cup competitions (Champs league, Carling Cup and F.A. Cup). As for Rosicky he plays a lot due to the injuries in the squad along with squad rotation.

I've read that Per Mertesacker is an absolute beast in the game but you pay a hefty price for him between 12-16 million. Zapata is pretty awesome too but again cost around 11-12 million.

WHY are you stating this without spoilers!!?? I DID NOT want to know potential abilities and I'm sure many others don't. Use a spoiler because by stating hidden attributes you are SPOILING the game for people!

Hey Guys,

After a few six months on the demo with Arsenal I would like to ask what you opinion on Rosicky and Bendtner are as they are proving to be the most positive surprises for me.

I play a 4-5-1 that should more liek the Arsenal 433 but I can't really recreate that in this game. I play with to MCs, one MC supporting, one a advanced playmaker attacking. I stuck Rosicky in this position next to Fabregas when he got back from injury and they are now joint top assisters for my team. Rosicky in particular is doing well as hes had about half the number of games as Cesc, but he is making awesome forward runs and his decision making in the final third is really good.

Butthe real surprise for me has been Bentner. Aftervan Persie got injured and Eduardo (who is really good as an Advanced forward in this formation) was hust coming back from an injury I decided to stick Bendtner upfront. He now has five assists and has the best goals per 90 minutes ration on my team, and he just got his first hatrick against Dinamo Kiev away as I write. I think I won't buy Dzeko on the full game as was my plan but stick with Nicklas as he seems just perfect right now.

What is everyone's opinion on these two?

In my first Arsenal save I played up to the 1st second leg of the CL and I too was very suprised with Bendtner, stick him in target man role (I think, either this or complete forward) up front by himself and he will score goals for you. I didn't get much chance to use Rosicky, he was never at full fitness when I wanted to use him for an important game, but the games he did play he wasn't too bad. Wilshere I like the look of, I played him against some minnow team in the CL group and he scored two 25 yard screamers from the right wing. You should deffinatly start using him.

I can never be bothered buying Dzeko as his price always goes up to £20m in every game I play so can't comment on him, but from what I hear he's a beast.

When Eduardo starts to find his feet, he wont stop scoring. Took a while for him to get going but then scored something like 8 goals in 7 games (same position as Bendtner).

Good luck mate, Arsenal are really good to use on the demo (hopefully same on full game).

Alright fellas?

So FM10 has finally managed to lure me back with the promise of lost days, late nights, frustration and constant tiredness. Still, cheaper than a kid.

I have had a few false starts, mostly with Arsenal to see how the players are set up this time and what works. I had a game with Man city and managed to get Arshavin for £30 million. Bargain!

So I am playing a game I intend to keep running for a while with only 2 purchases. Akinfeev, who I have bought in pretty much every release for the last few years and Jack Rodwell from Everton. Akinfeev was 22 million which is a lot however I consider that at 23 for a keeper I could easily, if no one else offers a lot of money, have him for 10-12 seasons so I think that's reasonable. Rodwell was 17 million but again, at 18 with that potential and proper DM qualities and the much needed height seemed like a good price. It is proving that way so far, he is dangerous on crosses and corners and scored on his debut. With the attacking options like Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott etc I can find no place for another attacking mid. I have been trying to fit in Diaby and tried Song and Denilson as DM and it just doesn't work so Rodwell gives more balance.

Bendtner has been rubbish in my game, no matter what I try. I tend to play him as a target man because his technique and passing skills are poor but there are games he is going without a single shot. Vela on the other hand.... wow. 8 goals in five games. 2 against Man U. I was looking for another striker as I believed Eduardo, Bendtner and Van Persie as out and out strikers was poor. Edu and RvP are out injured but when they come back Bendtner is getting replaced but it will take a lot for Vela to drop out of the team.

Someone earlier was saying that they were having problems with players wanting to leave. I got that with Gallas and Sagna and I told them they were off nowhere and that settled them down. One thing that does bother me though is the interference from the board - Someone offered 2 million for Sylvester and they accepted it! I admit it's a decent price but come on? When I bought Arshavin for Man City in another game it was the board that accepted that too! Could get annoying very quickly! I also bought a couple of young french players that I am sure will come to nothing. Still, a player with the potential to be 'useful' is a bargain at 14k if ever there was one!

OK, so that's my rant over, sorry if it was long and rambling....

I'm still trying to work out how to trim my squad down. There are too many creative centre mids for a two man midfield, and too many strikers for a lone striker formation. So as a result, I will be playing 4-4-2 and a plethora of players will be moved on. Namely: Silvestre, Traore, Merida, Diaby, Randall and some reserves. While decent players and all but Silvestre have potential... there's simply no room for them to grow in my squad. I'm even contemplating Denilson leaving as well, although I'll use him as MCd backup for now.

I'll be looking for experienced players to bolster the defence and the midfield and only focus on certain youth; Wilshere and Ramsey in particular.

So let's see how this goes...

Yes, with Rosicky and Nasri fit...it´s hard for e.g. Merida to get a spot in the team. The others you named can be sold yes...as I will do with the full version.

I think I will only go for the goalkeeper and a class DM. Maybe a decent talented DL as backup...and increase the Verminators´ stats ;)

Slowly starting to make my mind up on who to get and what to do in the full game, thanks to the help of the good fellas of the this forum, i have ultimately decided NOT to sign Hamsik, so as it stands im going to buy fazio and camacho, maybe buy some youth players for back up positions. If i have money left over which i should have then ill buy a keeper, i said earlier that i was not having any problems with Almunia...i take that back.

WHY are you stating this without spoilers!!?? I DID NOT want to know potential abilities and I'm sure many others don't. Use a spoiler because by stating hidden attributes you are SPOILING the game for people!

I'm sorry to have upset you mate relax this is ONLY the demo. The patch will update many attributes and young prospects once the game has been released. Normally how it works is we are playing on an old database which will be outdated by the time the official game comes out. Do you really think we would get all the gems in this demo? There will be MANY MANY more gems and wonderkids out there once the official game is released.

I'm sorry to have upset you mate relax this is ONLY the demo. The patch will update many attributes and young prospects once the game has been released. Normally how it works is we are playing on an old database which will be outdated by the time the official game comes out. Do you really think we would get all the gems in this demo? There will be MANY MANY more gems and wonderkids out there once the official game is released.

The demo IS the final game, as it will be released on October 30th. So you have disclosed info that me and others did not want to know. Why do you think there is a spoiler warning in thread from which you got the PAs??

The demo IS the final game, as it will be released on October 30th. So you have disclosed info that me and others did not want to know. Why do you think there is a spoiler warning in thread from which you got the PAs??

Its actually not the full database! There are a lot of players missing in the demo database! Look get a life and relax! Its only a game. These players are mentioned on 100s of other pages in the forum and you are bound to have read it before. Again I apologize for publishing this information. If you cant accept that then I feel sorry for you.

In the lead up to the game going into manufacture, we sat down and worked out a patching strategy for FM2010.

There were 2 potential strategies, a 3 patch one, and a 2 patch one.

The 2 patch strategy involved a patch around Xmas time, that would look at any issues raised between now and then, and a patch at the end of February/early March, which would include a data update.

The 3 patch strategy would be the same, but with a day one patch if a serious error, was found between the release of the demo and the game being released.

Last night I was alerted to the fact that Stephen Carr doesn't appear in the Birmingham City squad. Having spoken to the research team this morning, it has happened because Stephen Carr was widely reported to have retired from football before coming out of retirement to join Birmingham. Unfortunately, when this happened his retirement was still set in the master database, and that overrode his Birmingham contract details.

Because of this issue, we have now decided that the 3 patch strategy is the best choice.

This patch won't just look at this issue, but also other issues that are raised in the coming days off the back of the demo where possible, and some minor issues that have been raised by our beta testers. As issues that are raised on the forums are fixed, we will update this thread.

We will aim to release the patch at some point on October 30th, although we obviously cannot guarentee that at this stage, or give a time. I apologise in advance if it ends up slightly later than this, as I'm about to go away on a PR tour round Europe, so want be on the forums much to update about it.

As I hope you can all see from the demo, this is by far and away our most "polished" release to date, but we really are striving for the perfect game, hence our patch strategy change this afternoon - it would have been quite easy for people to have made the Stephen Carr change themselves using the data editor with the full game, but we don't believe you should have to do that when it's our mistake.

I must admit, that i am feeling quite good with Miles Addison and scott loach. Addison is improving and playing at decent level, avr arround 6.9 which is for a 20 year old midfielder decent at first season. But loach impressed me a bit more, he is my first choice keeper, replacing Almunia. Maybe I'm just lucky but he played 5 games, AT. Madrid in CL, Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, Man Utd and haven't conceded yet, he made some quite nice and lifesaving saves in those games, I'm stunned by his form.

Don't know maybe I'm just lucky, or Loach is fairly good player. My scouts rate him decent, and not good for arsenal when I bought him, but Arsenal 2111 in his opening post, tricked me to take a look at him, and I am favoring good english youth in arsenal, so i bougght him nonetheless for 3M Euros

Its actually not the full database! There are a lot of players missing in the demo database! Look get a life and relax! Its only a game. These players are mentioned on 100s of other pages in the forum and you are bound to have read it before. Again I apologize for publishing this information. If you cant accept that then I feel sorry for you.

You're wrong. Almost every player is available in this database, you just have to load up different leagues. The thread you got the information on is based on data from the full game, given to a tester. The players may be mentioned on other pages, but their PA's are not. The demo hasnt been out for long, so the chances are he wouldnt have read all the other pages. You need to put spoilers on your post, or Im going to report it, and as far as I know

Subotic isnt a -10

I actually think we have some fantastic youngsters at the club who are in need on some good mentoring thus I went out to find older players who should be able to impart good mental skills. So far I've added Riquelme and Makelele and narrowly missed out on the Brazilian Ronaldo. Any other golden oldies to recommend? I'm mainly looking for one in defence cos if the previous FM was anything to go by, Gallas is a good player but does not have the best mental/hidden attributes.

kmac

Dude, just stop arguing and edit your previous post where you mentioned the PA's. EVEN IF they're going to be different when the full game comes out, you're NOT allowed to mention any players PA on the board unless it's in a spoiler tag. Just add [ SPOILER] [ /SPOILER] tags (without the space) at the beginning and the end of the player's you've mentioned and that'll be the end of it.

megafan2005

I wouldn't rely on any list that lists Sol Campbell at the second fastest guy in the league. I didn't read how they arrive at that conclusion but soon as I saw the rankings, I didn't need to! :D

Yes, back to the Demo. I'm top of the league at the end of October. I sold Denilson, Traore & Vela (I'm regretting the latter - 4 in 3 games for Wolves since he left & Eduardo's gone off the boil). I brought in Dzeko (took a while but getting better), Di Maria (one for the future) and Palombo (the midfield engine).

Formation has been 4-4-2 at home and in the League Cup. 4-1-4-1 away from home and all games in the European Cup.

I've been surprised at how good a lot of the existing players are in the Demo and I'll be cross-checking to see if their stats are reduced when the full game is released. I didn't actually need to buy anyone other than a DMC.

Bendtner is a good ST sub, Diaby has been a goal machine as a box-to-box substitute (4 goals in 9 appearances), Sagna, Gallas and Senderos have been very good at the back and Rosicky, Nasri and Fabregas have been quality. Only Eboue and Eduardo have been poor.

My 1st choice

Almunia

Sagna - Gallas - Senderos - Clichy

Palombo

Fabregas - Rosicky

RVP Asharvin

Dzeko

For 4-4-2 I push Rosicky to the right wing and RVP up top.

i was at third in the league when the demo ended, playing the asymmetric formation. bought only two players: sissouko(*spelling) and vargas. only sold silvestre. i didn't score much goals, but i hardly let in any either. vermaelen and gallas did really good for me.

i remember beating chelsea 4-0 on stamford bridge with a counter attack style. iv'e only lost to man city unluckily and juventus.

riscicky is too injury prone to be worth it imo, so i was going to sell him. eduardo is my main goal scorer and poacher.

i feel arsenal's strenght lies in the big squad, with decent players in all positions, and two decent youths in wilshere and ramsey (they are close to world class). but aside from fabregas and possibly arsjavin, there are no real class players there. but it doesnt look like we need any more either ;)

Keep the peace...Flower Power lol. Anyway, could someone give me a mini scout report on Otamendi, i have a strict "No Centre Back under 6 foot" rule but im willing to make an exception if someone could tell me of their experiences with him. Still lookin good on the demo, havent changed my transfer plans as yet, however i am considering selling diaby for sissoko in a straight swap in terms of position.

Otamendi is awesome. Easily good enough to be first choice season one imo, although there are better at the start I would be willing to bet that, give him a season or two, he will be your best option. I rotated him, Vermaelen and Senderos and they all did very well.

By the way, height doesn't affect anything in the game, it's purely his jumping and heading stats that matter.

Which Sissoko is that, Moussa or Mo?

Still tempted with Fazio. I assume he can still play DM or DC in the new game. There was a rumour that Arsene is lining him up as the long term replacement for Gallas. But then there are always rumours.

Thank you 'Arsenal 4 Life', agree 100%, peace and love. It was a bit strange though. Perhaps a Spurs fan?

Archived