Mirror Football Blog 3

If you have any constructive feedback on the MirrorFootball website, then if you post it here I'm sure the people from MirrorFootball are watching and will take it onboard.

It's a new site, so it's likely that there are some teething problems.

However, it's a very important partnership for us, so cutting and pasting the blogs here is not asked for, nor wanted! They are perfectly visible on the MirrorFootball website.

I cant get the screen shots. I know Im a nOOb for being on dialup, but the page doesnt fully load and the screenshots arent clickable for me. I wish someone would post the screenies in this thread.

• SI Staff
How do i get rid of that stupid England advert,that is placed straight over the blog,so i can actualy read about the new features.Cheers

Which browser are you using? I've tried it this morning in every resolution possible with IE, and had no obscuring, so it might be browser specific. If you can let me know, I can then pass that info onto the people at the site.

Not in the backroom advice. It was felt that it was unfair to penlise players in the lower leagues by them not receiving the full range of advice. To have good knowledge of one of the six areas in the lower leagues requires a lower level than in the higher leagues. Meaning just because a staff member has good recruitment knowledge when at a club in non league doesn't mean he will have good knowledge if you took him to a club higher up. This also means a staff member with poor recruitment knowledge in the top league could still have good knowledge to cope in the lower leagues.

Hope this makes sense.

It does and it makes sense. I'm very happy lower teams don't get the wrong end of the stick.

Which browser are you using? I've tried it this morning in every resolution possible with IE, and had no obscuring, so it might be browser specific. If you can let me know, I can then pass that info onto the people at the site.

I had an advert down the right side when i viewed the first blog. I've not changed anything, but the next two blogs were fine and there were no adverts in the way.

I'm using IE.

Which browser are you using? I've tried it this morning in every resolution possible with IE, and had no obscuring, so it might be browser specific. If you can let me know, I can then pass that info onto the people at the site.[/QU

I am using Opera

Not in the backroom advice. It was felt that it was unfair to penlise players in the lower leagues by them not receiving the full range of advice. To have good knowledge of one of the six areas in the lower leagues requires a lower level than in the higher leagues. Meaning just because a staff member has good recruitment knowledge when at a club in non league doesn't mean he will have good knowledge if you took him to a club higher up. This also means a staff member with poor recruitment knowledge in the top league could still have good knowledge to cope in the lower leagues.

Hope this makes sense.

Ah, great. So someone like John Still is going to have a brilliant eye for talent in the lower leagues but wouldn't be much cop as the assistant manager for Milan. Quality.

after testing this happens in opera and safari , IE remains fine .

still the problem is really bad coding on the website ,

you can see what he is talking about on my print screens i use opera

well done to SI for creating partnerships such as this with mirror football which all help to ensure the long term success of the company and the future success of FM.

it is indeed amazing, and im sure Miles and co are completely used to it, that people here whinge and moan about the state of a new and developing website.

it is no surprise that the whingers here complain about the most irrelevant of things regarding the game itself when a blog on a website creates this much angst. i have little doubt this is not lost on Miles or the team at SI also.

on topic - very exciting stuff and once again i cant wait till this years release. well done SI.

well done to SI for creating partnerships such as this with mirror football which all help to ensure the long term success of the company and the future success of FM.

it is indeed amazing, and im sure Miles and co are completely used to it, that people here whinge and moan about the state of a new and developing website.

it is no surprise that the whingers here complain about the most irrelevant of things regarding the game itself when a blog on a website creates this much angst. i have little doubt this is not lost on Miles or the team at SI also.

on topic - very exciting stuff and once again i cant wait till this years release. well done SI.

Part of my job is web design so I can state with some certainty that a website as poor as that can have a seriously detrimental effect on the perceived quality of the information contained on it. Also, it's so utterly bad that saying it's a "new and developing website" is irrelevant. The problems with it should be obvious to any web designer and should never make it to the finished site.

Miles did say if we had any constructive criticism about the website to post it here. So, as a start, they need to reduce the amount of information on the screen. There's just too many links to other blogs and columns as well as adverts (obviously the adverts probably have to stay). The main article also needs to be better delineated from all the other content. At the moment the text for the other blogs and columns virtually runs into the text of the blog which makes it very difficult to read. Anyone scanning the page would not be able to quickly identify which text is the blog and which is related to other columns and articles. Following web standards would be good as well - if nothing else there are some fairly serious legal implications for not doing so.

Other than that, I echo the other points made here about the new feature. It'd be good to get a summary page similar to the current scouting report for some of these so we can see everything more easily.

Miles, are you posting it late so that the traffic to the Mirror Football site is horrendous for a few hours, forcing it to crash and letting you add Mirror Football to the lsit of websites that SI and FM fans have broken ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived