A1GP, The Sign Up! (II)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notes: There are the promised screenshots. For each of the last 4 days, I've delivered a points update, and usually a transfer window update as well. Inevitably I can't keep up this frenetic pace forever, so that's all you're getting today ;)

However, as a little teaser, I can tell you that 4 players have moved clubs this summer so far, and at least one of the transfers really surprised me.

Andorra - Jonathan - Pretty happy with the way the boy is growing, He is pretty fast, and averagely strong. He is solid in front of the net and good around the park, hopefully he can grow into the seasons and move up the leaderboard, though continuous 13th's will not be that bad either that'd be 54pts at the end of 18 seasons, surely that'd give a solid finish, I need to find a new job though.

As for the update pace Jsalter, I knew it couldn't keep up, but its been great work so far. Loving it.

I feel the same as you bergtaur. With Alfreton Town only having Level 1 training facilities, I'll never reach full potential unless I move now, I've been having enough interest shown in me.

Yeah, My finishing has dropped as has my technique since we started, I love playing first team ball, but I need to get out in the worst way.

Race 3 of 18, Transfer window update (1/9/10)

Injury news:

- Darren Gilmartin is out for a day with a chest injury.

- Zappy Zap is out for 2 months with a hip injury.

- Ricky Nakano also has a hip injury, and is out for 5-7 weeks.

- Wok Ho Lai is out for a day with a groin strain.

- Liam Ferguson has a bruised rib, and is out for between 3 and 6 days.

- Liami Hurstovic is out for 12 days - 2 weeks with a bruised thigh.

Transfer news:

- Firstly, the completed transfers. Alex Barkley was the 1st player to move this summer, leaving Droylsden for Falkirk of the Scottish Premier League on a free transfer. This move was soon followed by Lawrence Lazewski Jr. finding a new club after his contract at Weston-Super-Mare expired. He has joined Salisbury of the Blue Square Premier.

The remaining transfers of the summer all involved cash. Jamie Mitchell had 3 options, and chose to reject Barnsley and Sheff Wed, deciding to move from Thurrock to Aberdeen for £120k, becoming the 2nd player to go to the SPL.

And now we come to the major transfer deal of the summer, involving Nee Thaweechoksubsin of Thailand. At the the start of the summer, it was rumoured that Shrewsbury would come in for him. I'm sure he'd have been happy with a move there, as last season he was playing for Fisher below the BSN/S. In August Reading of the Championship signed him out of nowhere for £110k. But this wasn't the end of it: 5 days later, he signed for Norwich (in the same league) for £300k without playing a game for Reading. £300k is the highest transfer fee paid so far.

- Magnus Vestergaard once again finds himself without a club at the start of season after his contract at Doncaster expired. Carlisle, Colchester, Reading, Scunthorpe, Southampton, Swansea and Watford are all interested.

- Jody Flint is wanted by Cork City, Derry City, Doncaster, Reading and Watford.

- Tom Hamilton is wanted by Watford.

- Carlos Ferrari is wanted by Port Vale, Watford, Chievo, Modena and Grosseto.

- Cristobal Blanco is wanted by Watford.

- Slartibartfast Irjala is wanted by Northampton.

- Sam Fisher is wanted by Huddersfield and Watford.

- Jamie Mitchell is wanted by Sheff Wed.

- Kenichi Morishita is wanted by Shrewsbury.

- Jonathan is wanted by Northampton, Port Vale and Watford.

- Az Toscani is wanted by Doncaster, Huddersfield and Watford.

- Fred Stavros is wanted by Shrewsbury and Olympiakos.

- Pee Wee wants to be transfer listed, and is wanted by Bilbao Ath, Granada CF and Alicante B.

- Liami Hurstovic is wanted by Sheff Wed, Tranmere and Wrexham.

Other news:

- Mikael Senna has the highest value, at £450k.

- Distribution of players: SPL (2), EFD (1), CCC (1), BSP (6), BSN/S (23), IP/NP/SP (8), No club (1).

The favourites for the win this year will definitely start as the players in the higher reputation leagues - Mitchell, Barkley, Senna and Thaweechoksubsin. This will depend on whether they can successfully make the step up to the higher level, and if they don't, the players in the BSP should be on their tails. It will be a struggle for the players stuck in the BSN/S or below, but there will be at least 5 point places up for grabs for them, and as Mitchell showed last year, if you're prolific, you can still beat people in the higher leagues.

Home Race:

Race 3 is the home race for Italian Carlos Ferrari. With finishes of 4th and 12th so far, he currently lies 6th in the overall standings, and with his bonus this season has a real chance of more points.

JSalter: any chance of a history shot of Senna? Would be interesting to see his club changes.

Not right now, as the game has moved on, and I don't want to give away how well/poorly he's doing at the moment. But as a brief summary, he was with Fleetwood in the 1st season, joined Corinthians on 1/8/09, then joined Al-Nassr (UAE) on 30/5/10.

Watford interested :D What league are they in? I really hope it's the Championship and they sign me, that would be a brilliant move and would guarantee a good points haul if i could score & appear occasionally. If i was to do so regularly... :D

Watford interested :D What league are they in? I really hope it's the Championship and they sign me, that would be a brilliant move and would guarantee a good points haul if i could score & appear occasionally. If i was to do so regularly... :D

They are in the Championship :thup:

Not right now, as the game has moved on, and I don't want to give away how well/poorly he's doing at the moment. But as a brief summary, he was with Fleetwood in the 1st season, joined Corinthians on 1/8/09, then joined Al-Nassr (UAE) on 30/5/10.

Race 3 of 18, Mid-race update (31/12/10), Part 1

Another race, another chance to make an impression at the top of the standings. With the players now spread across different leagues, it was perhaps inevitable that at this stage the top 4 are those in the highest reputation leagues. Mikael Senna of Brazil currently leads the way, but only has a 1 point advantage over Alex Barkley. Senna is looking to become the 1st person to have 2 podium finishes. In 3rd is Jamie Mitchell, who has only made 12 appearances, but remains within striking distance of the top 2.

In 4th place, the position where both race winners so far have come from is Nee Thaweechoksubsin. He's currently sitting comfortably in 4th, but a push in the 2nd half of the season could see him rise to the top.

The Championship leader, Buay Tahan, is having another fine season after making the step up to the Blue Square Premier. He's currently in 5th, with almost a goal every 2 games. Next come the 2 players who have scored the most goals this season: Moussa Gol'o and Mark Cooper each have 18 goals, and look set for some decent points. Gol'o's best finish so far is 25th, but he should get off the mark this race, barring an injury.

Looking further down the table, we see Oskar Schindler, winner of race 2, loitering down in 37th place, despite still playing in the Blue Square Premier. He has only managed 4 goals in 16 games, and is a long way from registering a points finish this time.

Race 3 is Carlos Ferrari's home race, and it has been useful so far, moving him up 6 places. Unfortunately for him, this still only leaves him in 23rd, and he has some work to do in the rest of the season if he's going to salvage anything.

This season is really giving the front-runners in the Championship mixed fortunes. Brian Moore, 2nd in the Championship, is in 10th at the moment, and has scored 17 times for St. Albans. However, Zappy Zap, currently 4th in the overall standings, finds himself down in 40th, and is almost certain to not win any points.

Jonathan of Andorra deserves a mention. He has been Mr Consistency so far, with 2 13th place finishes. 13th looks on again, as he's in 12th at the end of December, though only 4 points above 16th.

In 19th is JJ Blaze, but expect to see him higher up the table come the end of the race, as he has secured a move to League 1, which should give him a fantastic chance of his 1st points finish.

Finally, at the foot of the table, 42nd and last, is once again Magnus Vestergaard, who still doesn't have a club. Teams are always interested, but he still hasn't signed for anyone. If he's going to score any points, he really needs to be at a club for the whole season.

Race 3 of 18, Mid-race update (31/12/10), Part 2

A reminder of how the players are being scored:

Leagues that fill into each Division standard will be inserted in when a player moves to that League.

Divisional Standards – 

Top Leagues (Reputation 16-19):

Appearance: 10 Points
 Assist: 12 Points
 Goals: 14 Points
 YC: -10 Points
 RC: -14 Points
 MOTM: 13 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 19

Fairly Good Leagues (Reputation 13-15):

- Scottish Premier League

Appearance: 8 Points
 Assist: 10 Points
 Goals: 12 Points
 YC: -8 Points
 RC: -12 Points
 MOTM: 11 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 15

Good Leagues: (Reputation 9-12):

- Brazilian National Second Division
- Emirati First Division
- Coca-Cola Championship

Appearance: 6 Points
 Assist: 8 Points
 Goals: 10 Points
 YC: -6 Points
 RC: -10 Points
 MOTM: 9 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 12

Average Leagues: (Reputation 6-8)

Appearance: 4 Points
 Assist: 6 Points
 Goals: 8
 YC: -4 Points
 RC: -8 Points
 MOTM: 7 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 8 

Poor Leagues: (Reputation 4-5)

- Blue Square Premier

Appearance: 2 Points
 Assist: 3 Points
 Goals: 6 Points
 YC: -2 Points
 RC: -6 Points
 MOTM: 5 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 5

Very Poor Leagues: (Reputation 3 and below)

- Blue Square North
- Blue Square South
- Isthmian Premier
- Northern Premier
- Southern Premier

Appearance: 1 Point
 Assist: 2 Points
 Goal: 4 Points
 YC: -1 Point
 RC: -4 Points
 MOTM: 3 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 3

The overall points is the overall points that the Strikers ‘Team’ got in their league season.

S3M-1.jpg

Yellow denotes that this is that player's home race.

*5pts with Fisher.

Coca-Cola Championship Table

Blue Square Premier Table

Blue Square North Table

Blue Square South Table

Scottish Premier League Table

Injury news:

- Lawrence Lazewski Jr. has a hip injury, and is out of action for 2 months.

- Slartibartfast Irjala is out for 4-5 weeks with a fractured cheekbone.

- Gervase Smith is out for 5-8 days with a bruised head.

- Moussa Gol'o is out for up to 4 days with a twisted knee.

Transfer news:

- There have been no transfers since the last update. However, on January 1st, JJ Blaze will leave AFC Telford to join Shrewsbury of League 1 for £54k.

- Tom Hamilton is wanted by Wrexham.

- Cristobal Blanco is wanted by Watford.

- Kenichi Morishita is wanted by Shrewsbury.

- Sam Fisher is wanted by Huddersfield, Watford, Wrexham and Hibernian.

- Jody Flint is wanted by Derry City, Doncaster, Reading, Watford and Hibernian.

- Daemon is wanted by Rodez Aveyron Football.

- Mikael Senna is wanted by Botafogo, and could soon be making a move back to Brazil.

- Joe Tompkins is wanted by Perth Glory.

- Magnus Vestergaard is still a free agent, and is wanted by Blackpool, Burnley, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Oldham, Reading, Scunthorpe, Southampton, Swansea and Queensland Roar.

- Az Toscani is wanted by Sligo Rovers, Doncaster and Hibernian.

- Fred Stavros is wanted by Shrewsbury.

- Liami Hurstovic is wanted by Sheff Wed and Wrexham.

- Jonathan is wanted by Brentford, Northampton, Nottm Forest, Sheff Wed, Watford and Perth Glory.

- Nick Jnr. is wanted by Hibernian and Perth Glory.

- Pee Wee still wants to be transfer listed, and is wanted by Numancia, Granada CF, Hercules, Lleida, Girona, Benidorm, Cartagena, Gimnastic, UD Merida and Huesca.

- Gervase Smith is wanted by Nottm Forest, Perth Glory and Central Coast Mariners.

Other news:

- 22 players' contracts expire in 6 months time.

- Joe Tompkins has finally scored for San Marino, netting twice as his nation only lost 3-2 at home to Portugal.

- The highest value still belongs to Mikael Senna (£700k).

Archived