Good Set Piece Takers Thread

Harryseaess

I am managing AC Milan and am coming up to January of the 3rd season and I currently don't have a decent set piece taker due to me selling Pirlo becuase he was unhappy.

So I was wondering if anybody could suggest a player that is good at set pieces but is also good enough to play in my AC Milan team?

Thanks.

Srna is at City and Van Persie is at Madrid, I would probably have to pay alot of money to get them to accept the bids.

Anyone else?

How about Veloso? He has been my set piece taker since I bought him. But sometimes he do make mistakes when he is taking set pieces.:p

Some great suggestions here, thanks guys.

I have made bids for Miguel Veloso, Daniel Parejo, Simon Vukcevic and Mario Balotelli.

Juan Manuel Vargas looks class but he is at Barcelona and only signed at the start of the season so he is out of the question.

FallenAngel MTW - I sold Ronaldinho due to Chelsea coming in with a bid for £40m.

Thanks for the help guys :thup:.

i am in season 14/15

any good recommendations

Thats a long way in. You might be best off looking for regens. Balotelli would defenitely be one. I think Daniel Aquino, if he's developed well, should become very good at set pieces as well. Miralem Pjanic, Toni Kroos, Gareth Bale, Marko Marin could all turn out into great set-piece takers I reckon.

Smartest thing would just be to create a filter with the stats you are looking for (the mental stats) and then find good FK and corner takers. Not sure which mental stats is the most important one though

FK/Corner/Penalty and Technique, if i remember correctly.

In my opinion if u still have Ronaldinho u should let him take them, left or right side of the pitch. Ronaldinho can score from the weirdest angles. But sometimes just plays a great ball into the box, or a sneaky pass. In my A.C Milan game he has saved me a few times.

I would also recommend Dario Srna, he has scored a good few goals for me at various clubs. Veloso for me hasn't scored that many. He gets an occasional goal, but with Ronaldinho i get an excited feeling every time he steps up. Might just be me, and no, i dont mean "that exciting feeling" hehe :)

To help u some more, there are certain attributes that give more advantages to free-kick takers.

- Free Kick Taking

Obviously this is the most important thing, mainly is linked to the players ability to get a ball on target.

- Technique

This might sound funny but also is important for a good free-kick. I have noticed that it especially helps with striking the ball cleanly. As an Example, i had Lassana Diarra take free-kicks at a club, he had 16 free-kick taking, but a lot of the times it said: "Diarra Doesnt strike the ball cleanly".

-Creativity

This is not so much for scoring the goals from direct taken free-kicks. It has more influence in which a player can swing a ball to the far post for a defender to head home. Or a quick sneaky pass behind the wall so a player can finish it. (Rember Javier Zanetti's goal when Holland vs Argentina)

-Decisions

This can benefit the thinking of the player and help him to make a better choice, either to take a shot on goal or try to set up a teamplayer.

"Hidden Attributes"

Different players have different shooting techniques. I have had a quick peak into the data editor to find some more info, and without spoiling it for anyone i can say that there are a few mental and technique attributes that are linked to a player. Think about the ability to curl a ball, or just strike it with power. And also how "selfish" a player is.

I hope i shed some light on the issue, and this info helped u. It's still my personal opinion and this is usually the way i select my free kick takers. If u search for players and filter with these attributes then u can get a good freekick taker.

• 4 weeks later...

Have got my Juventus team sorted in all positions except centre midfield! Need a good MC that attacks well!

Plus if you have any info on free kick takers that score every time that would be great!

I got Juniniho from Lyon but he's not performing and not scoring the free kicks HELP PLEASE!

• 2 months later...
Juan Manuel Vargas

Simon Vukcevic

Daniel Parejo (very good prospect)

Balotelli is a good choice too if you can get him off your rival.

Deco and Riquelme if you dont mid older players..

Daniel Parejo (very good prospect) Isn't this the guy that was on loan at QPR from Real Madrid?

• 2 weeks later...

I signed Darijo Srna for man utd and he is ridiculously good at freekicks! scored at least 15 goals a season from them!

I was wondering if any of you have found someone as good as him at freekicks that you could recommend? i'm 4th season in with man utd

seriously ive had them all and stuart downing is well the best, i gave him all freekicks both left n right and all corners and he had 19 assists and 8 goals by xmas. cant remember what he finished with! infact, i dont think i finished the season on that game or i'd remember, he was that good.

Juan Albin is a better short range Fker than Vukcevic. Vukcevic blasts his freekicks while Albin goes for placement. Albin scored 10+ freekicks per season for me.

I changed my mind on this, since Vukcevic scored 16 Fks and 34 assits in 1 season, he is certainly 1 of the best or simply the best set piece taker in the game.:D

• 4 weeks later...
I changed my mind on this, since Vukcevic scored 16 Fks and 34 assits in 1 season, he is certainly 1 of the best or simply the best set piece taker in the game.:D

best free kick taker i've seen is fabian monzon boca LB immense

Juan Manuel Vargas

Simon Vukcevic

Daniel Parejo (very good prospect)

Balotelli is a good choice too if you can get him off your rival.

Deco and Riquelme if you dont mid older players..

Balotelli isn't actually too hard to buy with Milan, so I would say that.

• 1 month later...

Tell you guys what though, Beckham was amazing for me in one of me saves earlier. I know he is probably too old for your squad now but first maybe 3 seasons he is exceptional and hits them from anywhere. Fine playmaker for any team in the world if you ask me. He comes to crap clubs as well as the good ones. Great smart and cost efficent buy.

Archived