I just got a new Stadium - Named after........... Me !

Well, the title says it all..

TheBartman-9.png

Definitely my proudest achievement in Football Manager. You can't go wrong with a Retractable roof and Under-soil heating :)

Inspite of the pride that comes with this, I'm a little worried though. The club balance is already 23 million in the red ( :D ) and the ambitious board want to spend 274 million, just getting 79 million by selling Stamford Bridge. That still means expenditure of almost 200 million !

* Going off to hide someplace before people start flaming me for playing with Chelsea * :D

My new stadium was announced for Wycombe at the end of last season. After me leading them to 2 Premiership titles in a row, 2 league cups and 1 FA cup and the semi finals of the champions league all by 2018, the board are naming it after their greatest ever manager... Martin O'Neil.

Grrr...

My new stadium was announced for Wycombe at the end of last season. After me leading them to 2 Premiership titles in a row, 2 league cups and 1 FA cup and the semi finals of the champions league all by 2018, the board are naming it after their greatest ever manager... Martin O'Neil.

Grrr...

Ouch. Lol

If I had a Stadium named after me it be called "Mock Stadium" sounds pretty cool.

Congratulations! I have a dream to get a Spurs stadium named after me but since I don't even play as them anymore it will be very, very difficult...

I like the "around 55587" part of the message, could it be anymore specific???

Congrats...I can just imagine you now, proud as punch with chest puffed out :)

That's exactly how I felt :D

To those who're wondering, I've won 3 Champions Leagues, 3 League Cups, 2 Premier Divisions and 1 FA Cup apart from the Club World Cup in the 3 seasons which ended.

For the first time in my life, I'd have to agree with Rafa Benitez. The Premier League and FA cup does seem more difficult than the Champions League, atleast for me !

Strange that no one has commented upon my finances yet :D

Ouch. Lol

If I had a Stadium named after me it be called "Mock Stadium" sounds pretty cool.

Ha Ha, Mock Stadium :D

We should start a new thread with everyone guessing what the stadium named after them would be named as !

So Fun :D

Ha Ha, Mock Stadium :D

We should start a new thread with everyone guessing what the stadium named after them would be named as !

So Fun :D

Assuming they were to use my second name, It'd be known as the 'Downie Stadium'...

Doesn't sound too encouraging...

Assuming they were to use my second name, It'd be known as the 'Downie Stadium'...

Doesn't sound too encouraging...

No offence to you at all but that gives me a picture of black clouds over your stadium with loads of rain and bad dreams.

"Man United are going away to the DOWNIE STADIUM .. DUN DUN DUNNNN!!"

had two new stadiums built on this fm and both named after me

one with barnsley after twenty years and great success

and another with farsley after taking them to the premier league and champions league

going for another now with barnsley on my farsley file, would be mint to get two stadiums named after me on the sam file

Hmm, IIRC IRL if Chelsea moved stadium, they would have to change team name, as the council own the name Chelsea, in the area of Stamford Bridge.

Indeed, they'd rename the club 'Bartman Rovers' or something! :D

Most new Chelski stadia do seem to be named after Zola - the manager of a rival team :eek:

Frankly, I'm mightily suspicious that they'd name a stadium after the human manager after only 3 seasons - call me a cynic ...

had two new stadiums built on this fm and both named after me

one with barnsley after twenty years and great success

and another with farsley after taking them to the premier league and champions league

going for another now with barnsley on my farsley file, would be mint to get two stadiums named after me on the sam file

How in the name of god have you had two games of that length since FM09 was released?! You must have a LOT of time on your hands!!

Indeed, they'd rename the club 'Bartman Rovers' or something! :D

Most new Chelski stadia do seem to be named after Zola - the manager of a rival team :eek:

Frankly, I'm mightily suspicious that they'd name a stadium after the human manager after only 3 seasons - call me a cynic ...

Not very realistic to have a stadium named after you after only 3 seasons, also they missed out on a opportunity to sell the naming rights, which most clubs do now a days

Realistic or not, I don't know :D But this is what truly happened !

In FM08 i asked to expand the stadium but they said they didn't owned it. yet end of every succesfull season there was a news message: the board expands the stadium with X seats. for 5 seasons long. yet they don't own the stadium. now it has stopped,probably hit the expansion roof. just hoped they would construct a new one bt no. got them from 3th division in spain to 5primera diviosn titles and 3 CL in 9.5 year. but no.

No offence to you at all but that gives me a picture of black clouds over your stadium with loads of rain and bad dreams.

"Man United are going away to the DOWNIE STADIUM .. DUN DUN DUNNNN!!"

Haha, I wouldn't like to play there! :D

Heh, I wouldn't like to be the Home team there, never mind going there once a season... lol

Archived