Full Name David Villa Sanchez

Age 27

Position Striker

Date of Birth 3 December 1981

Place of Birth Tuilla, Spain

Club at start of game Valencia

Nationallity Spain

Height 1.75m(5ft9)

Some say he's the best striker in the world, he hasn't shown that for me yet on the game personally. Ok he's scored 16 goals by Mid-December, great, I do like him a lot. What I tend to see is him missing chances he really shouldn't be missing. When we played Liverpool, we won but Torres took his chances, whereas Villa just didn't. I can't complain too much as he;s doing the job scoring the goals. He made a mistake and let in a goal as well. For me he normally plays with Rooney, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. He cost me 81m overall, and if he carries on scoring it will surely pay off.

But if you have to decide, buy Torres instead of him, he'll score you the goals, but Torres is simply better is what I've found out.

Anyone else had any experience with him?

david-villa.jpg

davidvilla.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa is easily the best striker on the games for me.

For my Valencia side he has scored

71 goals in 52 games, with 48 goals in the league.

He also won every award going, World player of the year, World Footballer of the year, everything.

David Villa :cool:

Very much a prolific goalscorer on FM.

Should easily be hitting 40 goals a season like Torres, and if he isn't.. you have got something wrong somewhere :p

He just had the best season I've ever had from a striker on my Man Utd game. =)

Villa.jpg

No criticism of you mate, but I just hate seeing those kind of goal ratios, its simply nonsensical but is indicative of the way FM seems to be going. I saw someone posting stats for Rooney with something like 35 goals in 13 games. Its absurd. I've seen the arguments that it makes the game more exciting and people don't want to see low scoring games, but this is ridiculous.

In reality if Villa scored 30 goals in his 1st season for Man Utd it would be seen as a terrific achievement - if you sign him for United in FM and he scores 30 goals you should be wondering what the hell you've done wrong.

It's hardly my fault that it happens. :) I agree that it shouldn't and I think that's something SI need to look at but I'm certainly not going to complain.

Fact is that I needed those goals as with my formation I was letting in a hell of a lot too, I think something is broken with regards to defenders at the moment. Hopefully they will sort it in the next patch and we'll see more realistic stats.

As I said, no criticism of you - you have the best striker in the game so fill your boots. I agree that a future patch needs to rectify this, if your example had happened in isolation then brilliant, but the fact is that Villa is a virtual guarantee of a goal a game at least in this version regardless of what forward settings he's given. He scored 43 in 40 for the AI in my version, for instance.

I've said this before, but having a striker scoring 40+ goals a season (nevermind 70+!!) should be an event, something that happens once in a blue moon. That it happens so frequently at the moment dampens the impact and renders it barely worthy of a mention in my opinion.

No criticism of you mate, but I just hate seeing those kind of goal ratios, its simply nonsensical but is indicative of the way FM seems to be going. I saw someone posting stats for Rooney with something like 35 goals in 13 games. Its absurd. I've seen the arguments that it makes the game more exciting and people don't want to see low scoring games, but this is ridiculous.

In reality if Villa scored 30 goals in his 1st season for Man Utd it would be seen as a terrific achievement - if you sign him for United in FM and he scores 30 goals you should be wondering what the hell you've done wrong.

Agree with this completely

Well HoPey, if it was a moan at least I hope it was a constructive/justified one - c'mon we're entering the realms of To Madeira with these goal ratio's!

Jaqqzorr explained his Rooney example that I brought up and mentions a substandard team team Rooney scored 8 goals against. Was it not CSKA Moscow in the Champions League? I wouldn't go so far as to say they're that bad to be fair! Take that aside for a moment and its still 27 goals in 12 games.

I had Fabien Brandy of all people score 5 goals in a Premier League match. It was bugging me so much I had to substitute him before he scored any more! But maybe that's just me and apologies for taking this off topic.

Well HoPey, if it was a moan at least I hope it was a constructive/justified one - c'mon we're entering the realms of To Madeira with these goal ratio's!

Jaqqzorr explained his Rooney example that I brought up and mentions a substandard team team Rooney scored 8 goals against. Was it not CSKA Moscow in the Champions League? I wouldn't go so far as to say they're that bad to be fair! Take that aside for a moment and its still 27 goals in 12 games.

I had Fabien Brandy of all people score 5 goals in a Premier League match. It was bugging me so much I had to substitute him before he scored any more! But maybe that's just me and apologies for taking this off topic.

I didn't disagree with you; my comment was more in jest than a serious one. I agree with your initial post. But I’m sure you admit yourself, they seem to be in a difficult position. One version you supposedly can’t score enough and then the following version there’s too many goals. :D

hi, for anyone thats bought villa, is his 10 for strength a problem? i want to buy him but get put off with the idea that he might be too weak for the premier league

It's not a problem.

hi, for anyone thats bought villa, is his 10 for strength a problem? i want to buy him but get put off with the idea that he might be too weak for the premier league

Have him in my man united team and his strength hasn't been a problem

I have David Villa in my Juventus team and play him as a complete forward. First season he scored 40 goals and provided 16 assists in 41(4) matches. He started the second season brilliant with 12 goals and 2 assists in 9 matches, but broke his leg and is injured for 4 months. Big blow.

Why oh why would you even want him. This game is about a challenge what kind of challenge is it if you have someone stupidly good and never gets injured. He single handedly can win you many games.

Surely the aim on FM is to create an unbeatable team which wins everything and keeps bring through great players very similar to Barcelona?

if Villa is the best (which he undoubtably is) you would buy him??

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to spend almost my entire transfer budget on single players, especially strikers. I regretted it when I bought Aguero in FM 09 for 30M...they just never justify the fee. I remember Aguero never was the highest goalscorer in the league (Barclays Premeirship: Manchester United). I decided to take a big chance on Villa in FM '10- I had my doubts, he was to small and nimble for the English game..or so I thought. Villa is a MONSTER.. free kicks, penalties, volley, half volleys, crosses, lobs...you name it he can do it and with class. Enough with the words here is the proof.:D

1st of all welcome to the forum...You can post it in the Man Utd thread...No need to open a new one as it will get locked up soon since it's pretty meaningless...

Btw regarding Aguero, I have Aguero for 52 million since the first season in FM10 and he's doing well enough for the last 2 seasons..Now in the 3rd season he has 7 goals in 7 league games already and he's still 23(Villa 29)...You dont need to justify a player's fee with regards to the golden boot, if he plays well then he's a good buy...And the golden boot will usually go to Tevez in my game because he is insanely unstoppable...Not even Torres can outscore him

1st of all welcome to the forum...You can post it in the Man Utd thread...No need to open a new one as it will get locked up soon since it's pretty meaningless...

Btw regarding Aguero, I have Aguero for 52 million since the first season in FM10 and he's doing well enough for the last 2 seasons..Now in the 3rd season he has 7 goals in 7 league games already and he's still 23(Villa 29)...You dont need to justify a player's fee with regards to the golden boot, if he plays well then he's a good buy...And the golden boot will usually go to Tevez in my game because he is insanely unstoppable...Not even Torres can outscore him

You are right on the golden boot, but that was just one example...there were other things that made that an unsatisfactory buy. Case in point Berbatov was brought to United at a little over 30M, now he's a brilliant player yes? but his goals return to not match the fee and position he was brought in for- same case with Aguero. But Villa (more experienced admittedly) has 41 goals (overall) in 40 games and the season (league and Champions league) isn't even over yet- now that is a good return for £36M.

It is a player discussion, he has included a screenshot, so it isn't meaningless.

The only problem is there is another thread for him here; David Villa

Possible merge :)?

I played david villa as lone striker for valencia and got similar stats to the fantastic ones above

Won world player of the year every season, he's a man who can score goals - but from my experiacnes he doesnt play well with others up top.

Archived