FM10: David Villa

bluebirds4life

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just in my game, or does David Villa's Stats (i.e.- Pace, Acceleration, Heading) Start declining when he hits 30?

I am in my 3rd season with Real Madrid and Villa's stats are starting to decline. He just turned 30 too.

I've had him playing outstanding football until 32, whereupon I sold him, and then his attributes did start to decline, very slowly but surely. Checking back on him at the grand old age of 34, his attributes had declined quite a lot, but he was still a darn good striker.

Might take time to settle as he's usually quite upset to leave Valencia and has been playing nothing but 'the Spanish game' for years upon years.

How long should I give him, 6 months? Normally I would be happy to let them settle, it's just the fact time is not on his side.

I've seen some players take half a season to adjust after leaving a favoured club, but it hasn't happened to me often so I have nothing to compare this to.

With Villa, for me, it only took a couple of months. He made some fantastic appearances, banging in all the goals you could wish for, and I think this may have helped him grow an affinity for his new club.

Archived