Older Legends still Playing

tenbobbit

Just read about Jean-Pierre Papin still playing at the age of 45 and in the game, signed for my Rangers reserve team (not for any other reason than to see him score for Rangers) and maybe get him as a coach or scout later.

Any other Legends that anyone has found or knows of still playing i the game?

Di Canio? Romario? Bebeto?

Rivaldo, and him stats are pretty good too.

The real Ronaldo is knocking about in Brazil and Ivan Hurtado is a free transfer i think.

Rivaldo is still brilliant, :D

Ronaldo does brilliantly for most clubs you sign him for on FM10 :thup: a real good player to have for around £2m

Cafu is for now retired, although he may or may not return next year.

Regarding British players, besides Beckham there is Giggs as well.

And here in Brazil we have Petkovic (Flamengo) who is doing great again.

Bobby Carlos stats still looking amazing, his stats on 09 were pretty impressive, and never really went down til he retired (even the physical stats stayed high) :thup: was a hero!

nice finds guys. See, this is what this game is all about, the ultimate fantasy football!! I like nothing better than taking over a lower league club and getting players like these on the books it surely warms the heart. I just got my hands on the game today but I wont get a chance to play until the weekend, looking forward to it.

Litmanen looks amazing :)

What a player he use to be (and according to FM, still is ;))

I've got Litmanen for my Serie A Empoli side. Did an excellent job throughout the season, used sparingly and he's going to finish his career here too.

when speed plays such a big factor as it does these players are almost worthless. it sucks that it is so. a player with 1 pace can´t do anything unfortunately

Oh and Bergkamp was quite the speed demon..

this is a good thread

please keep it up!

i just start the game using FC Zurich in AXPO Swiss League

and i got Ronaldo, Jari and Vieri!

damn, not bad for a small club to have such legends if you come to think of it :D

oh

i signed Santiago Solari for only 700k

he's a good bargain IMO

stil 33.. and his stats are still legend!

In the next patch, Hamann will probably be a coach as he is a part time youth coach at Liverpool. Anyway, Im a sucker for signing 'Legends' just for the sake of it. Brought Hamann, Litmanen and Fowler back to Liverpool, Along with the bids im making for Ronaldo, Larsson and Vieri as back up for Torres (Even they cant be as bad as voronin) Best thing to go is to go to awards such as 'World Player of the Year' and see what players in the history are selectable. Thats how i found Papin

hm, lets make up a formation for the best Legend XI ( that is above 30 and at least have played in one of the major Clubs in the World ) we can get in FM2010 for just under 1M

---------------------??????--------------------------

???---------Sol Campbell-----????-------------Carlos

Beckham-------Jari-----------E.Davids-------Solari

---------------------Rivaldo------------------------

-----------------------Ronaldo/Vieri----------------

and which is the best league to manage a team that is composed of a 11 Legends?

i know these kind of team wont stand the chance against even the small teams from England, Spain and Italy as they would definitely lose in pace

Van Der Sar, Freidel, James, Keller, Zuberbuhler, Lehmann, Sullivan, Crossley for the goalkeeper

Right back Thomas Helveg former AC Milan, Inter and Norwich City player and at 38 his stats are still pretty good! or Abel Xavier who is on a free, he could also play centre back!

but a better choice would be Roberto Ayala.

• 4 weeks later...

Haha 68 caps 3 goals but look

José René Higuita Zapata (born 27 August 1966 in Medellín (Barrio Castilla)) is a former Colombian football goalkeeper. He played 68 international matches for the Colombian national team, during which he scored eight goals

Nobby solano is kicking around, think hes at universario has pretty good stats for a rightbacl/rightmidfielder.

On a side note of goalkeeping legends and them scoring goals, its worth having a read up on José Luis Félix Chilavert paraguyan goalkeeper, scored 60odd goals for club and country combined, he couldnt half hit a free kick hehe

Archived