Sifha238

Would you sign beckham  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign beckham

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Only at a lower club

Signed Beckham for £1m from LA Galaxy at Stoke, he signed for £62,000 a week wages, which is a lot but he scores a good amount from free kicks, is an amazing tutor for youngsters (whether coincidence or not I'm not sure, but under Beckham's tutoring a player who started out at league 1 rating, was rated as a premiership midfielder by the end of it now) he also makes a good captain, vice captain or 3rd choice.

Doesn't get injured often, played 40 games for me this season just gone I imagine Stoke will have slightly higher reputation than the newly promoted sides but not enough to imagine he wouldn't go there. Deco can also be picked up in January if he hasn't played much, I tried him in the summer as Chelsea had him listed but he wasn't interested at 50k a week, signed in January on 30k a week because he only had 1 sub appearance to his name.

Likewise. I'm playing him pretty stationary - defenders feed balls to him and then he plays the through ball or the cross, but so many passes just seem to go into empty space or straight to the opposition. He's consistently getting awful ratings and is usually the culprit for lost possession. Bizarre.

I'm Sunderland.

i'm wigan. he's playing as my deep lying playmaker (support). his passing for me is superb and he's my only creative spark. lots of through ball to my strikers, but my damn strikers kept missing 1 on 1 chances! :mad:

the bad thing is his physical stats are going down pretty quick, so he cant last the full 90 mins usually. :(

I started playing a 442 and him on the right, but he never really did much. then changed my tactics to a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, with him as a central midfielder and he is playing a lot better, still not great, but good enough to be a regular starter for my west ham team. still not many assissts much he gets into the box and scores a few goals now and usually starts my attacks.

Played him as deep-lying playmaker for Spurs, often in a defensive role. He have done an ok job with the passing, a good job defensively, and has scored a few amazing long-shots (goals that qualify for the best goal of the season, two from 40m range) and had quite a few assists. When i am playing against defensive teams, i use Beckham, because he opens up the defence with good passes, but he is a bit weak defensively and needs someone that can cover a lot of space next to him.

I usually sub him at around 75-80 if we are in the lead, since he really cant play a whole game.

I play him in deep lying playmaker role as well, at spurs also! Played well in first season, but physical stats have dropped too low in the second and rarely makes my team anymore since his free kick/corner attributes arent as good as my other players - using him as a impact sub now, fairly good backup for any of my midfielders but certainly wont renew his contract!

he has signed for Norwich in second season (promoted to Championship) and has accepted 7.5k per week wages! Unfortunately he has torn his hamstring and is out for 3 months... <grrr> but was going to use him a central midfield role perhaps as a deep playmaker?

I signed him for my Rangers team on 30k per week. This was in January when his contract ran out. I had him for a year and a half. For the first 6 months (Jan to end of season) he was amazing scoring plenty of free kicks and making lots of assists. But the next season he was dire and barely got a sniff near my first team. After he left he then signed for Southampton on 9k per week in the championship HAHA

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived