The Serbian Beast... Gojko Kacar

Barnetboyz

Name :Gojko Kacar

Club :Hertha BSC

10272009015309.jpg

As you can see from the screenie that he is a bit of a beast and at a snipe of £7M he can be a defensive rock but he does get a good few goals :D

I happen to play him as a ball winning midfielder and set to support and it seems to work well (so far), i mean as defensive midfielders come he is very good granted natural fitness looks a bit of a problem but he didn't seem to struggle in my games so far (only having to come off 4 times in the 9 games and one of those was for injury)... has two great feet and is still only 22

for me he will be a must buy in the teams i play as, as he can easily be an attacking midfielder aswell

He has been quality in my ManU side so far in the demo. May be replacing Fletcher sooner than anticipated when the full game comes out. Been averaging about 7.4 for me over about 10 games with a couple of goals and averaging about 4 tackles/game.

I play him as ball winning with support or anchor man depending on the circumstances. I haven't tried him attacking, although it looks like he's been doing well for you. His first touch and passing will need work for that role, but could bee good in a pinch. IRL he looked pretty good over the summer and attracted a fair bit of attention. I'll definitely be looking at him for just about any team when I start the full game up.

Looks like he's been toned down a bit since FM 09 but that's to be expected, a lot of players were overrated in part because how they judged one footed players. Strangely enough, I remember him as being left footed in 09 as well.

He still looks a great buy though. I'm sure his weak stats like stamina and positioning will go up as he develops.

Richie

I agree he is a beast. I signed him for my Lyon team and he was brilliant.

The only problem I found was his low stamina & natural fitness, which meant he was tired after about 65 minutes in most games.

Purefun

His main positions are CM & DM from memory, but can obviously do a decent backup job at DC (although his positioning & concentration are a bit low).

He is indeed a beast but his passing is a bit low for me, at least for the moment. When i signed him for United i used him as a utility player, for squad rotation and filling gaps. I might try him again with a lesser club where he can shine.

He looks amazing this year, :eek: I would deffinatly sign him at most clubs I will manage on FM10, even as a squad player, hes only 22, and looks like he could become a starter after a bit of improvement here and there :D

his passing may not be the best but lets be honest for a ball winning midfielder you're not really gonna wanna be seeing him hit 40-50 yard passes when his job is to get stuck in and give the ball off to more creative players :D but even having said that in the 9 games he has so far (granted will be playing mroe games tonight) he still has a 81% pass rate which is quite good imo

Why are people really questioning his natural fitness? I mean to question his stamina is relevant especially considering his position, but picking on his natural fitness which is really a circumstantial stat (albeit an important one) isn't really necessary.

Looks a good player but has some obvious flaws and some strange strengths.

but won't his natural fitness mean that he will have slow recovery between matches and after any injuries? I'd be worried about his concentration and positioning as well. Not saying he wouldn't be worth a go, but i would probably only consider if i could get him tutored by an experienced player.

Who did research for him??? Natural fitness 7? Stamina 10?

I've seen him play many times and his physical attributes are great.

Has he had any injury issues during his short career? He might be physically strong but have a low natural fitness if he is prone to injury. I don't know him well irl, only in the game and he's always been a great player for me.

but won't his natural fitness mean that he will have slow recovery between matches and after any injuries? I'd be worried about his concentration and positioning as well. Not saying he wouldn't be worth a go, but i would probably only consider if i could get him tutored by an experienced player.

Natural Fitness

How high the player’s natural fitness is. How well he stays fit when injured or not training. This will help players recover more quickly from injury and will help them to be able to stay fit as they go past their peak.

:thup:

Has he had any injury issues during his short career?

Nothing major, but after matches he's often out for a few days. His workrate and strong challenges are bound to leave some bruises on him as well as on the victim.

In general I agree with lowering his natural fitness, but I think the researchers went quite a bit too far. Same goes for Stamina, Concentration, First Touch and Passing. Yes, he's average in those areas by Bundesliga standards, but not poor.

Natural Fitness

How high the player’s natural fitness is. How well he stays fit when injured or not training. This will help players recover more quickly from injury and will help them to be able to stay fit as they go past their peak.

:thup:

Cheers for clarifying. What about recovery between matches? I have noticed that players with low natural fitness tend to struggle to be able to play more than one game per week, and that they seem to take longer to get back to 95% plus condition after games? For this reason I usually avoid players with low natural fitness, especially in midfield/fullback, and would never buy a ‘key player’ with low fitness as I want them on the park in 90% of matches.

Has he had any injury issues during his short career? He might be physically strong but have a low natural fitness if he is prone to injury. I don't know him well irl, only in the game and he's always been a great player for me.

Well, for a bit more than season and a half, he played 65 matches for Hertha, almost all for 90 minutes. In the same time he played 5-10 for U21 and 3-4 for national team.

I think he missed some matches last season due to injury but the season before he played all and he also was a starter in practically all matches for Vojvodina before he joined Hertha.

All in all, in the last 5 years, he rarely missed a match due to injury or poor fitness. A bit unfair to give him a really poor rating of 7 for physical fitness because he has missed a couple last season.

His stamina and strength should also be improved. Stamina 15+ and strength 13-16. It's subjective of course, but I believe somewhere around those values would be proper.

DM?? he surely plays MUCH more attacking possition IRL...

He's a very versatile player, so coaches often use him to fill the gaps where needed. So, he played anything from DC to AMC

• 1 month later...
I signed him on a free with Newcastle Utd in my 4th season :) and I cannot complain with that! I haven't played any matches yet, but with him and Annan bossing the central midfield, it will allow Sahin and Feghouli to work their stuff.

I also got him on bossman ruling in the 4th season :thup: Even as a rotated player, he is always good to have :)

• 3 months later...

Gojko Kačar (Serbian: Гојко Качар; born 26 January 1987) is a Serbian footballer who currently plays for Hertha BSC and the Serbia national team.

Kačar played for FK Vojvodina's youth academy before breaking into the first team. In January 2008 he transferred to Hertha BSC for a fee of €3 million, which makes him the most expensive player in the history of FK Vojvodina. Kačar was selected to play for the Serbia u21s at the 2007 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship in the Netherlands. He only played one game, against England, losing 0-2.

On Sunday 7 September 2008, Kačar scored five goals for the Serbian Under-21 team in their 8-0 demolition of Hungary Under-21 in a qualifying match for the 2009 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship. In the tournament, in June 2009, he was the scorer of the only goal Serbia scored in three matches.

Kačar on 10.3

2v1w607.png

5o87wh.png

5nrmgh.png

Gojko has been a must buy for me since FM07 and a favourite of mine - always proving to be a very good buy, a very good midefielder who can play an atticking role or as a defensive midefielder and is versatile enough to play at CB - and his attributes compliment all of these positions. An excellent player in my eyes but ever since his move to Hertha he has been a pricy option but nonetheless he has been superb at Everton as the screenshots show. He was quality on FM09 and remains quality on this game - the only downside is his natural fitness but on the whole he is a very good player.

Archived