David Beckham

confidence1986

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can remember, he did an interview once and clearly stated that he wasn't going to go into management or coaching, and instead wanted to focus on the soccer schools he has opened when he retires. In-game, though, you could just keep telling him he'd make a good manager at intervals of about a month/two months, and eventually he'll decide to stay, or at least "probably won't stay in the game once he retires". I had four or five players say that, and they all stayed.

I would like to get Beckham for one of my teams. I've started a new game as Wigan on the default database, and set the U.S to view only. So let's see what happens. Lol @ Becks on £2.7k a week though.

beckhamhyj.jpg

Anyone else realised that he's interested in joining other clubs in 9.3.0, not to mention, he's willing to join smaller clubs.

I wasn't able to make him join my world class Arsenal side in 9.2.0, glad that he's willing to move on the new patch :D

I started a new save in 9.3.0 with Q.P.R. and Beckham was interested in joining.

Managed to get him for 500K + 9.5M after 50 league appearances.

Might sell him after 49 matches, unless he's outstanding. He's going to tear Championship apart though :D

Has anyone employed Becks in the middle of the park instead on the wings? Although his crossing is still brilliant his pace and acceleration attributes are fairly poor. I am not a dedicated follower of the italian Serie A but i watched one Milan match a few weeks ago where Beckham played as a centre midfielder and played pretty well making some good key passes.

Thanks for the quick reply ;)

No prob :thup:

He must really hate America to go to QPR!!

How dare you belittle QPR!

Meh, who'm I kidding :rolleyes:

Has anyone employed Becks in the middle of the park instead on the wings? Although his crossing is still brilliant his pace and acceleration attributes are fairly poor. I am not a dedicated follower of the italian Serie A but i watched one Milan match a few weeks ago where Beckham played as a centre midfielder and played pretty well making some good key passes.

I'm retraining him at AM, might use him there behind 2 strikers.

He's pretty effective in MC irl.

Signed him for Sunderland for £6 million well worth it.

I should have paid 6M too... now it's going to be a tough decision for me after he plays 49 league matches, whether I should pay 9.5M and keep him, or sell him.

I might just keep him after 49 league games to tutor my youngsters, and play him in all non-league games :D

Does this change happen with the patch but without the patched DB? As I would really love him as a tutor with his excellent mental stats, but my save is going well, so I don't wanna make a new one...

I haven't tried it. Give it a go, just get him scouted and see if he;s interested in joining ;)

I just signed him for Celtic. £5 million it cost and he is on £49k per week. Absolutely worth it, he has been immense so far picking up MOTM 3 games in a row along with 2 goals and 4 assists. Average rating of 8.00 so far.

On the new patch tried to sign him with QPR but he keeps saying the basic salary isn't good enough.

He said that to me too, so I adjusted my budget - moving all my transfer funds to wages. He asked for 55K p/w, I offered my max; 45K p/w and he accepted.

I have just managed to sign him for Newcastle at 5.25m i was on 10m in balance once he came i had a message about merchandise being sold ect. and now my balance is back up to 10m, so in a way he was on a free :) didn't lose out on anything.

Some PPM's were removed from FM09; curls the ball along with a few others were removed as they didn't have any effect in the match engine. So it's not very common. :thup:

But I mean van Persie has "curls the ball" as a PPM so I would have thought Beckham would too.

An Craig, nice, I don't think I made as much with QPR from merchandise sale increase.

Some PPM's were removed from FM09; curls the ball along with a few others were removed as they didn't have any effect in the match engine. So it's not very common. :thup:

gareth bale and daniel alves are 2 names off the top of my head that still have it, new game started with 930..

back on topic, i got becks to ajax in the 910 patch, he started on a free because i think i had the mls on view only. anyway i played him at DMC in a pirlo role with 2 MC's doing all the tackling/screenhing, he did excellent.

But I mean van Persie has "curls the ball" as a PPM so I would have thought Beckham would too.

An Craig, nice, I don't think I made as much with QPR from merchandise sale increase.

gareth bale and daniel alves are 2 names off the top of my head that still have it, new game started with 930..

Hence why I said it's not very common at the end of what I said, I didn’t say nobody had it. Curls ball has no effect on the match engine, so it's a bit pointless to have it. :thup:

Hence why I said it's not very common at the end of what I said, I didn’t say nobody had it. Curls ball has no effect on the match engine, so it's a bit pointless to have it. :thup:

Alreet, understood :thup:

back on topic, i got becks to ajax in the 910 patch, he started on a free because i think i had the mls on view only. anyway i played him at DMC in a pirlo role with 2 MC's doing all the tackling/screenhing, he did excellent.

Weird, starting on a free :confused:

Never thought of trying him at DM. I guess he would be effective, but I'd rather play him more up the field to cause more damage.

Though I'm sure he caused havoc with his long balls on counter attacks.

Archived