Player contract injury insurance option for FM15 Please

Greetings all,

I am fed up for paying player wages when a player is injured. Surely there is a thing called player insurance in contracts right ?. Given the amount of time the player is not playing due to injury his/her or the teams insurance takes care of it right ?. We do we FM fans have to sit and suffer financial black loophole losses.

For e.g. I recently purchases a player for my team, 1st game he played wam bam thank you mam his out now for 6 months. I spent a good amount of money on him and it's all gone down the sink. During that period I have to pay out his wages which i find it unfair being a big name team.

Will FM15 have a clause in contracts that cover this ??? who knows, but i hope so.

regards

FM Fan

Would be nice, but you'd still have a financial loss paying for the insurance - I have no idea what the rate is for a team like Manchester United, Bolton or Warmley Rangers but the insurance paying a % of the wage would be enough. Edited Ah! Doesn't seem to actually exist according to the above post! Thought it might have but the premium on it would be insane. Nice little feature to add, but wouldn't solve any 'black hole' you have in terms of finance - if you are within your wage budget you must be spending a lot of money elsewhere.

Injures can suck though, I recall buying a player for a small fee which had to go through the next transfer window due to squad rules. 2 weeks later, Damaged Cruciate Ligaments for 8 months so when he did finally join he was still some way off being fit. On top of that his ability plummeted and he was no longer good enough for the team - however transfer agreed and contract signed - he joined up and was swiftly shipped out to anyone willing. Felt guilty ever since ruining the guys career

Ok here is something you will definitely want in the game when players get injured during international duty http://theconversation.com/why-fifa-has-reason-to-be-happy-that-some-big-name-players-made-an-early-exit-28637 Seems like FIFA/UEFA covers player wages if they get injured during their tournaments. Clearly states they also pay the club. In other words the club doesn't pay his wages if he got injured in that tournament.

Ok here is something you will definitely want in the game when players get injured during international duty http://theconversation.com/why-fifa-has-reason-to-be-happy-that-some-big-name-players-made-an-early-exit-28637 Seems like FIFA/UEFA covers player wages if they get injured during their tournaments. Clearly states they also pay the club. In other words the club doesn't pay his wages if he got injured in that tournament.
I've been paid money when my players were injured during tournaments, so that's in the game already.

As Kenco said though, that's different to them playing for your own club.

I remember way back in the day you could do this in Premier Manager or a similar game I only vaguely remember. You had three choices, basic, normal and premium I think and could do it player by player. It cost an absolute fortune do to I believe.

How awesome is Google? :cool:http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/docs.php?id=1281

3. Insurance Case Icon. An important factor when managing a team, you can

insure your player against any injuries obtained on or off the field. There

are three groups of insurance available.

Group one: The cheapest but ensures that the players will get their wages

paid by the insurance company when they are injured.

Group two: As above but with the added bonus of paying for their treatment

as well.

Group three: Includes all the benefits of group 2 but you wil receive a cash

limp sum as compensation for any player who is injured. You'll also get

compensation if the player retires due to injury.

some features of that actually look pretty good

-players match data icon -> so how they've done over the course of the season - game %age, shots (on target), goals, tackles, passes (completed), saves

-highlighting of a players name in the team lists when he has the ball ingame (so you can see how that MC really looks)

Greetings all,

I am fed up for paying player wages when a player is injured. Surely there is a thing called player insurance in contracts right ?. Given the amount of time the player is not playing due to injury his/her or the teams insurance takes care of it right ?. We do we FM fans have to sit and suffer financial black loophole losses.

For e.g. I recently purchases a player for my team, 1st game he played wam bam thank you mam his out now for 6 months. I spent a good amount of money on him and it's all gone down the sink. During that period I have to pay out his wages which i find it unfair being a big name team.

Will FM15 have a clause in contracts that cover this ??? who knows, but i hope so.

regards

FM Fan

I understand your anger (and have been subject to the same before). But I think this insurance would be almost unpayable. The insurance company would make a calculation based on the injury-history of the player. So say he has missed 15% of the matches due to injury. They would then demand 25% of his salary as payment (they want to make a profit...) And after an injury as you described it the payment would rise to 35 or more %.

My solution to this is to try and negotiate lower weekly salaries while increasing the appearance fees. That way I have remarkably lower cost when a player is injured.

A side question: why is it only unfair to big name teams? Is it less unfair to team with a low budget and none to little profit?

A side question: why is it only unfair to big name teams? Is it less unfair to team with a low budget and none to little profit?

because some people don't understand that a fee 500k with a 3k per week wages for a league 1 side is actually a lot of money

damn tycoons have ruined us

Greetings all,

regards

FM Fan

In the words of Alex Crawford, there is no direct insurance for injuries of the players in the club. The only form of insurance exists, to my knowledge, is related to the games with the national team. In this case the associations to refund any damages caused to the club. What is already there in FM 2014 if I'm not mistaken.

Why has nobody mentioned pay per play deals, such as Michael Owen at Man Utd? Not quite 'insurnace' but the nearest you'd get. To be fair though i can imagine that this type of contract is pretty unusual.

Not sure what the highest appearance fee you can command with a small £1 per week wage

Why has nobody mentioned pay per play deals, such as Michael Owen at Man Utd? Not quite 'insurnace' but the nearest you'd get. To be fair though i can imagine that this type of contract is pretty unusual.

I was reading about Roy Keane vs Alf Inge Haaland the other day. Apparently when Haaland had the injury, Manchester City had a trigger clause that allowed them to end the contract for 'medical reasons' and it meant they didn't have to pay the full amount of compensation on the remaining years available.

I reckon that type of clause would be very useful for injury-prone players - Or at least something similar such as a '50% wage if injured' option if their history is notorious enough.

I was reading about Roy Keane vs Alf Inge Haaland the other day. Apparently when Haaland had the injury, Manchester City had a trigger clause that allowed them to end the contract for 'medical reasons' and it meant they didn't have to pay the full amount of compensation on the remaining years available.

I reckon that type of clause would be very useful for injury-prone players - Or at least something similar such as a '50% wage if injured' option if their history is notorious enough.

Yep! Are things that might increase the depth of the game. Excellent idea. You say in 2016 will FM put? Because I believe that in 2015 FM is not possible

Would players actually accept a £1 per week contract and a huge appearance fee - my gut says no (i haven't tried it). The concept would probably work but as i said previously, i reckon it's a contract type used very infrequently in real life.

It may be a useful addition for semi-pro teams too, in order to keep costs down. I'm definitely not sure how much this happens in real life!

In Germany, the employer (club) has to pay the normal salary up to 6 weeks if an employee (player) gets injured. After that the state pays the employee up to a certain amount depending on the regular salary (I think about max. €6000/month). Because many players view that as insufficient they are privately insured. Many players have also insured themselves for the case of invalidity. Clubs can also insure players against invalidity by negotiating a value with the insurer. Wow, I just read that clubs can even insure themselves against relegation, disfunctional floodlights etc. :D The second article states that especially clubs in England like to insure their whole squad at once.

Sources:

- http://www.gdv.de/2013/08/versicherungen-machen-fussball-kalkulierbarer/

- http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fussball-wm-2006/deutschland-und-die-wm/wie-vereine-sich-versichern-policen-fuer-die-weltmeister-1327991.html

There are Non-Contract options for pay as you play deals.

Isn't it up to the Player to insure himself?

If a Club/Insurer pays out when an injury ends his career, then that players does not play ever again or he will have to pay it all back.

If your Player gets injured at another Clubs pitch or by their Player then you will be making claims against that Club's insurance. How many claims will be made per week if that happened?

And then we go into turning a large part of the game into an Insurance Sim:thdn:

Archived