Tell us about your hidden gem within the game.

Something that I didn't find for a while was the Analysis section for each match.

Go to any match and you have Overview - Pitch - Stats - Analysis - Upload Highlights.

Once clicking on Analysis, you have Performance - Action Zones - Formations - Report.

Performance lets you see a graphical representation, (on the pitch), of such thins as shots, passes, headers, crosses, tackles etc etc etc.

What I particularly like is the Average Positio graphic.

Absolutely love that.

The last one I will add, (and hopefully some of you will post yours even if you think we all know about it), is the varied goal celebrations.

I love "The Klinsmann" and then there is the thumb to the name on the back of the shirt and the bundle with your mates and the one that has made me post this is the somersault that looks more like a roly poly.

Haha. Classic.

For me it was discovering the ability to add custom columns on the squad screen when I joined SI, my squad page is a wonderful world of statistical information on a 32" screen.

Oh I forgot that one. Very nice.

I'm sure I don't have as many as you. [Goes to check] I just have 15 on mine. That's more than enough to keep me going.

For me it was discovering the ability to add custom columns on the squad screen when I joined SI, my squad page is a wonderful world of statistical information on a 32" screen.

Yes, this was a fantastic addition a few years ago.

At the start of each version I create a "Match Day" tab which gives me all the information I need when picking my team.

I only found out on this version that you can add to the little icons at the top to access things like tactics, training etc. It's probably been a feature in every game for years!

Dave. Can you run me through that one please. :confused:

[Edit]

Ahhhhh. It took me a while but I found it. (You right click on the FM bar running across the top).

I'd like to see your goal scoring keeper celebrate with a roly poly, especially if he is suitably fat.

30 columns on my screen, must be compensating.

Haha.

If you can remember my goal-scoring GK, (can't remember his name now), you have been around here far too long. lol

Finally discovering that you can actually save your "in-game shouts" so I don't have to keep picking the same ones time n time again when we go behind in a game...

It looks like I have something else to play with now.

It's 2022 and I have never used them once. :o

Being able to select a default role for a player in a certain position (Tactics Screen). For instance whenever I sub on my LW, the instructions automatically go to his settings. So instead of the default Inside Forward role, when he comes on the LW role changes to Winger automatically. Saves time changing roles and instructions every time I use a player. Perfect for players that make a lot of sub appearances.

I only found out on this version that you can add to the little icons at the top to access things like tactics, training etc. It's probably been a feature in every game for years!

I didn't know about this either! Cheers.

Being able to select a default role for a player in a certain position (Tactics Screen). For instance whenever I sub on my LW, the instructions automatically go to his settings. So instead of the default Inside Forward role, when he comes on the LW role changes to Winger automatically. Saves time changing roles and instructions every time I use a player. Perfect for players that make a lot of sub appearances.

Bloomin hell! How do you do that?

Ahhhhh. It took me a while but I found it. (You right click on the FM bar running across the top).

Cheers! Have to check it out when I get back home from work. :) There must be so many these kind of things people like me don't know about, even though many have played this series for ages, like me.

It was the January transfer window, I was about to sign a player on a bosman from Spurs and then on the transfer confirmation screen I noticed that you can pay a small fee to take the player early (i.e. you don't have to wait for their contract to run down). Nice little touch. :thup:

Bloomin hell! How do you do that?

Go to your Tactics Screen -> Player.

Here in the bottom left hand corner you can add player when a position is selected. Once the desired position is selected and you add a player you can set his role and instructions. Whenever he is played in that position, even when brought on during a game the settings made here will override that of the teams default setting for that position. You can add multiple players too. So if you play with one striker up front you could have your default set to DLF (A), then certain players set to a role that better suits them, eg. Target man, advanced forward. Saves a tonne of time.

I was an advocate of this when I saw it suggested by a few people on this forum and glad it's in the game. Stumbled across it while making my tactics.

It was the January transfer window, I was about to sign a player on a bosman from Spurs and then on the transfer confirmation screen I noticed that you can pay a small fee to take the player early (i.e. you don't have to wait for their contract to run down). Nice little touch. :thup:

Great feature. Got Tom Ince at Rangers for €550k because we agreed a Bosman for him. Ended up scoring 12 goals in our final 15 games of the season.

Go to your Tactics Screen -> Player.

Here in the bottom left hand corner you can add player when a position is selected. Once the desired position is selected and you add a player you can set his role and instructions. Whenever he is played in that position, even when brought on during a game the settings made here will override that of the teams default setting for that position. You can add multiple players too. So if you play with one striker up front you could have your default set to DLF (A), then certain players set to a role that better suits them, eg. Target man, advanced forward. Saves a tonne of time.

I was an advocate of this when I saw it suggested by a few people on this forum and glad it's in the game. Stumbled across it while making my tactics.

Phenomenal! :applause:

It took a few months before I discovered this. A great addition indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it can appear that you have dominated a game, but also these stats can often be misleading.

I have just found out that there are a wealth of additional stats available for you to look at before deciding that you were cheated.

Customise match stats.

At the bottom right hand side of the match stats screen there is a customise button that allows you to add up to a total of 33 stat lines.

I particularly like the way that it's possible to split pass completion % stats between defense, midfield and attack.

Brilliant. :applause:

As someone that loves random stats I was horrified it took me 793 games of my current save to spot the "stat pack"

When you are on the pre match screen, next to match preview is a stat pack tab.

That tab brings up stats of you and you opposition that include wins, draws and losses vs sides in top half of table, bottom half of table, when scoring first and when conceding first. There are stats showing how many of each result you have archived this season, league games since last win, draw, loss, goal scored and conceded and finally which player has scored the most, most shots, shot on target and assists.

I've was just looking at a pic that someone else had posted and it really jumped out at me that the colours he was using for player attributes were far better than mine. That being said, it didn't look like a new skin so I wondered if I could do it using preferences, (because I know that you can change the "natural", "accomplished" etc etc there.

So anyway, I had a look and in exactly that section there it is. The ability to not only change the colours that different levels of attributes are, but also the level of the attributes themselves.

I now have a much more striking profile page. :thup:

As someone that loves random stats I was horrified it took me 793 games of my current save to spot the "stat pack"

That tab brings up stats of you and you opposition that include wins, draws and losses vs sides in top half of table, bottom half of table, when scoring first and when conceding first. There are stats showing how many of each result you have archived this season, league games since last win, draw, loss, goal scored and conceded and finally which player has scored the most, most shots, shot on target and assists.

Superb find. I love it

Must admit, it took me a long time before I stumbled over that one too. Very nice. :applause:

I can't believe I have never seen this before.....

It's 3rd July 2024and I have just received the following message.

Merchandise sales update.

San Marino's Commercial Director has reported on the club's seasonal merchandise sales.

Total merchandise sales for the season were £1.01M with non-domestic shirt sales amounting to £101k of this total.

The club sold a total of 6,914 shirts over the course of the season, with the following shirt names selling particularly well.

1. Bianchi (SMR) (2014) HG ----- Home-grown player and the team is built around him.

2. Frediani. (SELL) -------------- Reserve left-winger.

3. Monroy (USA) ----------------2nd choice MC.

4. Ayala (ARG) ------------------ 1st choice AF.

5. Carlos (POR) (SELL) ---------- Played 10 times for us before throwing a strop so I sent him out on loan.

1. I hope we charge by the letter when we put names on the back. :lol:

2. I hope they don't mind when I sell 2 or even 3 of their favourite players.

Brilliant feature. Love it. :applause:

[Edit]

I'm guessing it maybe doesn't trigger as a message until after you reach the £1M mark?

I see it all the time, but then my current team do sell something like 100K shirts a year.

Has to wonder how complicated the system is coded, what happens to shirt sale if I change someones number?

BTW: You can beef up shirt sales by having matches in a country.

blabla increased sale because you did 3 friendlies in USA or something like that.

I'm guessing it maybe doesn't trigger as a message until after you reach the £1M mark?

Think it's mainly reputation based. I started a thread about it. I now get the message after 5-6 seasons of success. As Rangers our merch was always high, but our rep needed improving. Also, I nice addition two Chinese internationals I signed are in the top 5 now, with us taking in a much larger non-domestic figure. Good to see it working directly as I don't even have a Chinese feeder club.

Think it's mainly reputation based. I started a thread about it. I now get the message after 5-6 seasons of success. As Rangers our merch was always high, but our rep needed improving. Also, I nice addition two Chinese internationals I signed are in the top 5 now, with us taking in a much larger non-domestic figure. Good to see it working directly as I don't even have a Chinese feeder club.

Oh cool. Yeah ir could be rep based. I think we just popped from National to Continental so maybe that's it.

I know its been a case of does it/doesn't it happen well I'm in pre-season and two teams in the league have arranged testimonials for a couple of players.

It does happen. Had it on my two saves in FM14. Once with Motherwell and in my current Cambridge save in 2028 my Championship side had a Testimonial for club captain McGlynn who I signed from Irish side Sligo.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm managing San Marino in Serie A in 2025.

I'm just crawling through close-season and I get the following message.

San Marino given £9.37k.

San Marino have received £9.37k for participating in the U20 Libertadores.

Now I know that the Copa Libertadores is a South American tournament, something like their equivalent of the Champions League but with a different format. Why am I being invited to the U20 version?

:confused:

Maybe it's just another one of these Youth Invitational thingies theat the U19's keep getting invited to?

No, I'm in a group with Fluminese of Brazil, Pumas of Mexicoa and Oriente Petrolero of Bolivia.

Stupid game! I'm playing in Italy ffs. The Italian structure is the only one loaded and they have got me in a bloomin South American tournament on the other side of the World. The bloomin developers have got a lot to answer for. grrr/

So off I go to the bugs forum and dutifully post my bug.

Ah well, it's no big deal. I will have a look what the guys say and see what's what tomorrow.

So tomorrow comes and I get the following message from Olly in the bugs forum.

A European team is invited to take part in the competition each year.

No way! :eek:

So let me get this right. I'm playing in Italy as little old San Marino and as well as playing in Europe, I am now playing in the U20 version of the Copa Libertadores? :cool:

Oh well. If I must.

So I had planned on managing the team myself, (I love that sort of stuff), but between posting the "bug" and Olly getting back to me, My U19's Manager had submitted a squad for the tournament that ignored my best young players that had been involved in the senior team during the run-in, and had also ignored any of the Sammarinese players that might have been on International duty, (with San Marino), while the competition was on. So basically it robbed me of all my best youngsters so I was suddenly not so keen anymore.

So I left it to the U10's manager and as expected we lost the first game , (to Fluminese), but to my surprise we only lost 1-0 and it was actually a close game. We were not as poor as I expected.

We then beat Pumas 1-0 in a very tight game, and then astonished me by walloping the Bolivians 3-1 to finish 2nd in the Group and qualify for the next round. I was not even managing the team and I was absolutely loving this!

We met Boca of Argentina in the Qtr Finals and kept it tight all the way to pens where of course none were missed but our GK saved one of theirs and we were in the Semi's!

The Semi's of Internacional of Brazil. Now we have already been beaten by one Brazilian side and I didn't hold out much hope of an upset as my young squad were shattered by this stage, and of course they were too strong and saw us off comfortably 4-1.

I thought it was all over but next thing I know we are in a 3rd Place Playoff with Universidad Catolica of Chile. We beat them 4-1 to finish 3rd in the whole bloomin competition!

Now I know this is only a poxy little U20 competition that I wasn't even managing, BUT I LOVE THIS! lol This has made my week not just that we were invited but that we did so well. Now I don't know if we were invited because of..... well I just don't know, but i do know that I have 3 Argentinians at the club with another couple of South American youngsters on the way to bolster my Youth team for next season. If they have been the key to this invite then where is my cheque book, (it's like money only older kids). because I've gotta go and buy some more!

Brilliant feature. Brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant.

[Edit]

Not only that, but one of my youngsters has just just won the top goal-scorer award, (with 6).

Maybe its the wrong place to ask but is it possible to copy set piece instructions when you create a new tactic?

I hate being forced to create all set piece instructions from scratch when creating a new tactic.

Again sorry if this is a bad place to ask.

• 3 weeks later...
I can't believe I have never noticed this, but I have just found out that you can zoom in during a 3D game by using the scroll wheel. :eek:

Who knew! :lol:

I use that all the time, as on one of my saves, I use the main stand view which is a bit too far away on default, so I zoom in. Annoying when it resets for no reason tho.

Only a small thing, but I love the fact that you can highlight which attributes are important for each role. Now if only the bars filled in in a similar way on the training development screen rather than just the text colour changing.

Found a new one I hadn't seen before today.

Pre match > Stat Pack

Gives you a load of stats prior to the match.

I can't find this at all, can someone post a screenshot of where it should be?

Is it before/after team submission, before/after match preview, team talks?

Is there a possiblity my skin (Bergkamp white) doesn't show it?

Archived